[mod] Stellaris Sexy Xenos and more (SSX) 1.11.8

On 23/01/2018 at 12:46 PM, mk40 said:

So, you're looking for a tentacle portrait? Well, you might be interest by the animated tentacle I did for MASSA mod. It's not playable at the moment, as it's only used for a specific event, but it's possible to make it as a playable portrait.

Hide contents

image.png.494169ff135446c10f3baad613db7946.png

Not phallic enough! :tongue: (I'll probably make a portrait pack with this)

EDIT: Could you link to the mod that contains this?

EDIT 2: Also, any good tutorials on making animated portraits?

12 hours ago, ParadoxalObserver said:

Not phallic enough!

Funny enough, I originaly planned to have phallic head on the middle tentacle. But I changed my mind in the end.

Could you link to the mod that contains this?

Well, I told you in my post, it's from MASSA (Make Space Sexy Again), but Darkspleen hasn't updated the tentacle portrait yet (probably in the next update).

Also, any good tutorials on making animated portraits?

There are probably some tutorials about making animated portraits, but as I didn't used any tutorial, I can't tell.

To create this animated tentacle portrait, I used the Molluscoid 14 model with a custom texture. So I basically made a portrait (with Photoshop) while taking in count that it will have to be cut in different pieces for the final texture.

This is the mockup I made first:

Spoiler

image.png.2841d6afbc83dc425db4903c10297bc6.png

Then the texture (first one is just the diffuse map, second one is with the alpha map) :

Spoiler

image.png.a961c7db21f39746445097de575cb2c2.pngtentacle_purple.png.a20442a338e08ad4d7544189868853fe.png

And how it looks in game:

Spoiler

image.png.8cf9753db8128ba4f495a31753c4f787.png

19 hours ago, mk40 said:

Funny enough, I originaly planned to have phallic head on the middle tentacle. But I changed my mind in the end.

Well, I told you in my post, it's from MASSA (Make Space Sexy Again), but Darkspleen hasn't updated the tentacle portrait yet (probably in the next update).

There are probably some tutorials about making animated portraits, but as I didn't used any tutorial, I can't tell.

To create this animated tentacle portrait, I used the Molluscoid 14 model with a custom texture. So I basically made a portrait (with Photoshop) while taking in count that it will have to be cut in different pieces for the final texture.

This is the mockup I made first:

Hide contents

image.png.2841d6afbc83dc425db4903c10297bc6.png

Then the texture (first one is just the diffuse map, second one is with the alpha map) :

Hide contents

image.png.a961c7db21f39746445097de575cb2c2.pngtentacle_purple.png.a20442a338e08ad4d7544189868853fe.png

And how it looks in game:

Hide contents

image.png.8cf9753db8128ba4f495a31753c4f787.png

Aye. I suppose I'll have to try my hand at playing with parts. Been wanting to make some animated portraits myself but was saddened when I found out I couldn't just make a gif like a plebian. 

Hi neat mod.

But there is a sort of bug in it. Basically researching extra trait points doesn't work for the species added, and its because you made their own archetype (SSX), I changed the archetype myself to (BIOLOGICAL) and it fixes it, somethign I think you should do too.

Otherwise neat mod :smile:

52 minutes ago, darkspleen said:

Just a heads up: Someone posted your mod on the workshop (as well as a few others including mine). He has the username "Shad".

I suspect he probably just uploaded it to make it easier for people on Steam to sub to your mods. Never the less, if such is the case they should've at least warned you all.

It's not my steam Account.

And it's not a very good idea to upload this kind of mod on steam.:cry:

It's not a problem if people upload my mod on other website but pay attention to the rules of the site!

It's not really necessary to upload my mod elsewhere, if people want a lewd mod they already know where to go.:cool::wine:

Some people aren't stealing mods for "convenience" (which is an often tried excuse) but for stealing itself.

In many occasions (mods uploaded to steam is not one of them) the thief tries to make money off other peoples work. Be it through asked for donations, actually selling or ad revenue on the website.

In the minds of many users stolen mods are "not a problem" even now after years costing the game communities many modders.

Even many "archives" are defended by users ...

That was the point I noticed, as well. If they were actively trying to do this for malicious reasons they'd have a desc and images to attract people. Anyhow, if they've been removed the problem has been solved and we can all continue discussing the actual mods instead.

7 hours ago, bicobus said:

Yeah, but there are plenty of "empty" mods on the stellaris workshop. As in, there is no description nor any screenshot. I don't think the intent, in those case, is to be mischievous.

Already said steam uploads are not amongst those stolen with mischievous intend. Simply because the steam workshop nets the uploader of a mod no money.

See the various "archives" for mods in general. Those are.

Uploading without permission onto a site that is heavily reliant on donations, "forces" a premium account on the users (by massively throtteling download speed for free users for example) or have many ads on them.

http://stellaris.smods.ru/ is an example of such an archive.

They download the whole steam workshop and upload it.

Yet users defend those sites because they mention the author and give out steam links.

Remember, without permission or even notification of the mod author ...

31 minutes ago, JesusKreist said:

Already said steam uploads are not amongst those stolen with mischievous intend. Simply because the steam workshop nets the uploader of a mod no money.

See the various "archives" for mods in general. Those are.

Uploading without permission onto a site that is heavily reliant on donations, "forces" a premium account on the users (by massively throtteling download speed for free users for example) or have many ads on them.

http://stellaris.smods.ru/ is an example of such an archive.

They download the whole steam workshop and upload it.

Yet users defend those sites because they mention the author and give out steam links.

Remember, without permission or even notification of the mod author ...

Yeah, I agree.

It's from mods that add new cityscapes, i think i have all of them.

I planned to add male but it's not my favorite search. I accumulate delay with them.:classic_wacko:

edit: the links:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=906953618

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=818959549

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817890668