[mod] Stellaris Sexy Xenos and more (SSX) 1.11.8

On 2018-02-24 at 7:47 PM, JesusKreist said:

When a mod is uploaded to somewhere without permission, consent or even notification of the mod's author it is per se a stolen mod.

Plus you can never be sure you only get the mod when downloading from other sources. At least steam runs extensive virus checks before publishing a workshop item.

Do. Not. Use. "Mod Archives".

Just a little question. What is that "Mod Archives" site you are referring to. I just find something about "music modules" on a web site named like that...

Maybe a useful modding site... who knows...

Like toronam already mentioned sites like smods.ru (he was missing an s though) who are grabbing the steam workshop mods, copy the folders and upload them to their site. Complete with ads on the page i.e. getting money from other peoples work. And there are quite a few similar sites out there. Almost all of them are praised for "saving mods that have become unavailable", "archiving old versions of the mods" or blatantly "enabling mods for those users who have not bought the game".

Those sites are never "useful modding sites" as no mod author is willingly publishing there.

Mod authors are never asked for permission nor even are they notified.

Hi, thanks to author for this cool mod.

I can not understand why the mod does not work for me.
I installed mod, in  launcher turn on, but when creating a new empire new portraits does not exist.
I installed this mod like other mods, tried to leave only this mod on, it does not help.

Tried to reinstall mod, it does not fix problem
Game version 2.0.0
Does this mod require the installation of other modifications?

Maybe i am doing something wrong...

3 minutes ago, dorianli said:

I installed mod, in  launcher turn on, but when creating a new empire new portraits does not exist.
I installed this mod like other mods, tried to leave only this mod on, it does not help.

Game version 2.0.0

When you say the portraits do not exist, do you mean the portrait groups are empty or that the groups themselves do not exist? In the case of the former, are you looking at the SSX/SSM groups or SSX1, SSX2, etc.?

7 hours ago, dorianli said:

Game version 2.0.0

I had that issue, I just copied both files either to mod folder, or Workshop try one of those two folders, make sure the two files are together in the same folder, If it does not work on workshop folder, Try it on the mod folder. 

Either copy paste it to: C:\Users\(Your User Name)\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod
Or

C:\Users\(Your User Name)\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\Workshop\Content\281990

Thats how i got mine to work

2 hours ago, Azatsu said:

I had that issue, I just copied both files either to mod folder, or Workshop try one of those two folders, make sure the two files are together in the same folder, If it does not work on workshop folder, Try it on the mod folder. 

Either copy paste it to: C:\Users\(Your User Name)\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod
Or

C:\Users\(Your User Name)\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\Workshop\Content\281990

Thats how i got mine to work

Thanks, your advice really help.
I copied both files to: C:\Users\(Your User Name)\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod  and it works now

12 hours ago, dorianli said:

2 hours ago, dorianli said:

Thanks, your advice really help.
I copied both files to: C:\Users\(Your User Name)\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod  and it works now

Next time please read the filename of the .rar files you download and pay at least a little bit of attention to the sizes.

Version 1.4 is the full version of the mod and has a filesize of 83 MB.

Version 1.4.1 has "fix" attached to the name and has a filesize of 1.14 kB.

Inside the "fix" file there is a textfile where it is mentioned that both included files should be copied to the full mods folder.

And btw. the update only circumvents the old and known stellaris bug with custom machine empires.

I detected a little probleme. I dislike more than expected to search and edit male characteres. And I do not recognize effectively what is a sexy male, sooo many phenotypes will remain magical monogendered species.

And i'm lazy. :blush:

I use paint.net, it's probably not the most powerful tool but it's easy to use.

I'm always enthusiastic to add new portraits made by the others, just avoid loli things, Loverlab's rules didn't like them.  :tongue:  And i understand.