[mod] Stellaris Sexy Xenos and more (SSX) 1.11.8

1 hour ago, JesusKreist said:

The Paradox launcher is broken. Not just a little bit but utterly.

For me some mods are not shown, other mods that are not there anymore are shown, mod load order is not saved into a .json as it is supposed to be, rearranging mods in the load order is finicky at best, mods correctly downloaded via steam are shown as broken, .mod files manually saved are altered by the launcher if a mod of the same name once a long long looong time ago was subscribed to...

For instance I have a different launcher that tells me I have 196 mods and 55 are active whereas the paradox launcher tells me I have 256 mods and 51 are active...

Here is a launcher for paradox games that is vastly superior to the paradox launcher.

Unfortunately the launcher of paradox can't be circumvented entirely as it needs to "approve" the mods before they are truly active. But as far as I know it should™ be only a visual bug in the launcher that some mods are missing there i.e. if they are activated in the other superior launcher they should™ be active.

For launching you can start the stellaris.exe in the steam folder directly. And you definitely should as the launcher is hot garbage.

Seems that I underestimated just how badly bugged the launcher is, never saw anything missing s kind of dismissed the complaints, tried removing a few mods just to see what would happen when I re-added them, this experiment was put on hold since the launcher seemed to think the mods were still there before I put them back, is paradox becoming the next EA

No.

But the next Bethesda I fear.

They released a new thing next to nobody wanted in a broken state. Similar to Fallout 76.

Or the Epic Game Store from the chinese proxy "Epic" come to think of it ...

Couple that with the Paradox DLC business which has grown worse (less content for the same or even more money in shorter time) and you get a disturbing feeling ...

@Absentia616 Downloaded, unpacked, and placed in the stellaris mod folder, same place I put all my other stellaris mods. I apologize if I was unclear, but I was not asking to have my hand held nor asking "How do you install any mod," I was simply asking if there was something different from the standard for this mod. I'm betting, sadly, that it's a loader error like JK suggested if there's not meant to be anything "different" about how you install this one.

On 12/6/2019 at 1:07 AM, Embarec said:

@Absentia616 Downloaded, unpacked, and placed in the stellaris mod folder, same place I put all my other stellaris mods. I apologize if I was unclear, but I was not asking to have my hand held nor asking "How do you install any mod," I was simply asking if there was something different from the standard for this mod. I'm betting, sadly, that it's a loader error like JK suggested if there's not meant to be anything "different" about how you install this one.

I have the same issue.  Not a single mod downloaded from LL is showing in my manager.  I installed them into Documents/Paradox/Stellaris/Mod.  The .mod file and the accompanying folder are in there, but none of them appear in the launcher.

If you mean me, I didn't ignore anything. I was explaining what I'd meant to someone who'd spoken to me.... and I even mentioned that your suggestion was likely the solution? As for your suggestion I'm looking into it. I tend to play with friends, and I have found in the past that alternate mod loaders have a tendency to be incompatible with multiplayer. So far not finding any reason not to try this though.  That said if you didn't mean me, please ignore this and either way thank you for your suggestion. I'm hopeful that it'll fix my issues.

Edit: It worked, and with how the program's working I don't forsee it causing any problems with my group's multiplayer games either, so that's an added bonus. Ordering these mods is still a pain, but this will make things so much easier. Again, thank you.

On 12/8/2019 at 6:00 PM, Embarec said:

Didn't seem, to me at least, like they were even asking a question, it felt more like a "It ain't just you buddy, you arn't going crazy" to me. *shrugs* 

Yeah, I wasn't asking, was just letting you know that you weren't alone!  I did use the external mod manager program the other person provided, and it's neat in that it shows conflicts and allows sorting of load order.  Not sure how good it will work with multiplayer games, though- but then again, I won't be using any lewd mods for that!

Seems to work, although I've been having difficulty figuring out which order the loader actually loads, but to be fair I'd have had to guess more or less on mod load order ANYWAYS so just basically moving them around randomly until they work. Which.. although inefficient has worked. Enjoying the mod though, having a sexual robots empire's pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, aaronfranke said:

Have you considered releasing the files in a more modern archive format like 7z? Rar is not really the best choice anymore.

I don't see why it matters. 7zip can open rar files already, and windows has innate rar support. If he converted it to 7z, that would require people to download another program for no real difference.

8 hours ago, aaronfranke said:

Have you considered releasing the files in a more modern archive format like 7z? Rar is not really the best choice anymore.

Yeah at the end of the day all that would do is make it more difficult for the average user, not to mention there is enough people as it is that still don't even know what a compressed file is, let alone have to download another specific program for it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2019 at 9:12 AM, JesusKreist said:

The Paradox launcher is broken. Not just a little bit but utterly.

<•••>

Here is a launcher for paradox games that is vastly superior to the paradox launcher.

Unfortunately the launcher of paradox can't be circumvented entirely as it needs to "approve" the mods before they are truly active. But as far as I know it should™ be only a visual bug in the launcher that some mods are missing there i.e. if they are activated in the other superior launcher they should™ be active.

For launching you can start the stellaris.exe in the steam folder directly. And you definitely should as the launcher is hot garbage.

Thank you SO much for the link to an alternate mod manager. I had given up on trying to get  modded Stellaris to work since the launcher update due to so much frustration with it's inconsistencies.

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, bobwoodword said:

Thanks for the reply! So what are the 3 stand alone mods then? And are they all compatible with void lust?

Sexyxenos 1.9                         contain all portraits and the main city

Sexyxenos cities                      contain all others cities

Sexyxenos traits and more      contain the traits, civic, technologies, and the events

2 hours ago, Absentia616 said:

Sexyxenos traits and more      contain the traits, civic, technologies, and the events

Thanks! 

4 hours ago, Absentia616 said:

Assuming this is compatible with void right?

Documents/paradox interactive/Stellaris/mod/sexysxenos/gfx/portraits/portraits, open the text document that corresponds with the race you wish to edit, the first part will contain all the portrait hooks for the race. remove the hook for the portrait you wish to remove, save, restart the game.

This is an incredibly bodgie way to do it, but it works