Toronam

[mod] Stellaris Sexy Xenos and more (SSX) 1.11.5

hey so i took what Unown did and fixed a large chunk of the english grammar. although, since i struggled to understand a lot of what the author, Toronam, actually intended for the salacious machine empire in their writing, i ended up taking some creative license and rewrote a lot of that specific empire. for everything else i tried to keep as true to to what was intended as feasibly understood. There might be some stuff i missed though. There were a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes, but that is expected with projects like this. 

On 5/12/2020 at 9:27 AM, Toronam said:

I do my best but my "best" is bad. 😧 I'm often forced to make, short, cold and scientific/detached looking descriptions.

don't worry about it. x3 i can tell you worked really hard, and when you aren't completely fluent in a language, there's only so much you can do.  Feel free to use, modify, or adapt any of the english corrections i made. as far as i am concerned, what i wrote is a public resource for anyone to do with as they please. I don't require credit or anything, and if you don't like the changes that's fine too! 

I want to make clear, i love what you did with this mod. Just editing it was time consuming and tedious. I can't imagine how hard it would be to write it from scratch. You have my respect.

EDIT: fixed an issue with condition requirements for playing salacious machine civic. opps. 

sexysxenostraits English Corrected.mod

ssx_traits_2.6 English corrected.zip

22 minutes ago, Rin_rolf said:

hey so i took what Unown did and fixed a large chunk of the english grammar. although, since i struggled to understand a lot of what the author, Toronam, actually intended for the salacious machine empire in their writing, i ended up taking some creative license and rewrote a lot of that specific empire. for everything else i tried to keep as true to to what was intended as feasibly understood. There might be some stuff i missed though. There were a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes, but that is expected with projects like this. 

don't worry about it. x3 i can tell you worked really hard, and when you aren't completely fluent in a language, there's only so much you can do.  Feel free to use, modify, or adapt any of the english corrections i made. as far as i am concerned, what i wrote is a public resource for anyone to do with as they please. I don't require credit or anything, and if you don't like the changes that's fine too! 

I want to make clear, i love what you did with this mod. Just editing it was time consuming and tedious. I can't imagine how hard it would be to write it from scratch. You have my respect.

people may want to note that there may still be some weird stuff in there due to my limited familiarity with the programming vocabulary and mistakes in interpreting what was trying to be said in some texts. 

10 hours ago, Rin_rolf said:

EDIT: fixed an issue with condition requirements for playing salacious machine civic. opps.

I was wondering why salacious machines required rogue servitors when the jobs couldn't be worked. Thanks for the minor patches, I won't use the provided English ones because I just used an owoifier on the text that came with the mod and I definitely don't regret that experience.

10 hours ago, Vtrx said:

I was wondering why salacious machines required rogue servitors when the jobs couldn't be worked. Thanks for the minor patches, I won't use the provided English ones because I just used an owoifier on the text that came with the mod and I definitely don't regret that experience.

yeah me too actually.. i didn't edit the files that would control it, but maybe i hit a backspace by accident while sifting through the files. idk. 

I can not get this mod to show up on the mod list, even though it is in the Pardox mods folder. Any ideas? 

On 12/5/2019 at 3:12 PM, JesusKreist said:

The Paradox launcher is broken. Not just a little bit but utterly.

For me some mods are not shown, other mods that are not there anymore are shown, mod load order is not saved into a .json as it is supposed to be, rearranging mods in the load order is finicky at best, mods correctly downloaded via steam are shown as broken, .mod files manually saved are altered by the launcher if a mod of the same name once a long long looong time ago was subscribed to...

For instance I have a different launcher that tells me I have 196 mods and 55 are active whereas the paradox launcher tells me I have 256 mods and 51 are active...

Here is a launcher for paradox games that is vastly superior to the paradox launcher.

Unfortunately the launcher of paradox can't be circumvented entirely as it needs to "approve" the mods before they are truly active. But as far as I know it should™ be only a visual bug in the launcher that some mods are missing there i.e. if they are activated in the other superior launcher they should™ be active.

For launching you can start the stellaris.exe in the steam folder directly. And you definitely should as the launcher is hot garbage.

Even after all this time the launcher is a tiny little bit better than a year ago but still broken.