View File

~Lore-Friendly Introduction~

Spoiler

Marie Rose, an unusually petite and childlike young nord, has always loved things deemed feminine. Putting makeup on, reading romance stories, cute toys, lovely clothes - you name it. Her life of luxury and being spoiled was cut short when both of her parents passed away. She became a beggar at a young age, and she tried to enjoy as much as she could in Whiterun. She maintained her sweet, polite, and "feminine" ways, even when she was merely a beggar. But it was one time she got in a fight with an urchin in Whiterun that she decided she learned to love something not "feminine" at all... She loved to fight. It gave her a thrill like nothing else, and a new devilish side of her was revealed, amidst her childlike charm. After learning of her new passion, she found The Companions. Unfortunately, they only let her live there as a servant, deemed too small and frail to go on adventures and fight battles.

tl;dr intro
Marie Rose is cute AF. I wanted her as a follower. So here's my own version...

~Requirements~
* HDT Physics Extensions for HDT hair (note that she does not have HDT hair when you meet her; you have to equip it to her by trading)

* SKSE (for HDT and possibly some scripts)
XMPSE (for HDT to work properly)

* Dawnguard DLC for some reason

~Details~
Name: Marie Rose
Race: Nord
Weight: 0.00
Height: 0.89 (she's 4'10'')
Voice: Custom (Mai Aizawa; her original voice, as well as a few altered Japanese Skyrim audio files)
Combat Style: unarmed, knives
Skills: One-Handed, Unarmed, Light Armor, Lockpicking, Sneak
Perks: Agile Defender
Inventory: gold, the book A Kiss, Sweet Mother, vicious thorn daggers, torch, restore health potions

Morality: No crime (Sorry - it fits her character better. You might wanna make her wait in another room before you do anything illegal. ;3 Or, you can change that in TES5Edit.)

~Features~
* Custom Voice - She currently has at least 150 250 lines. I'd love to add more, but it can take a while. She will react to different environments, your actions, etc.
* Wardrobe - While (sadly) not scripted, using AddItemMenu or console commands, you can give her HDT hair (two options) and other outfits. You'll need a follower AI overhaul to make sure she changes into the new equipment. You can also use them so she can have an outfit management system where she'll wear outfits in different environments. Examples are FollowerLivePackage and Amazing Follower Tweaks.

Try using this! I would have loved to implement that into the follower, but I have no idea how the author did that, so... Oof.

~Possible Bugs~

Spoiler

Q. Making Marie Rose equip the HDT hair makes her go invisible. 
A. I'd highly recommend getting the HDT invisible fix here as well as the HDT memory fix found in SMP. You can also use ToggleOptions by HHaleyy.
Q. Her hand textures get weird with certain gloves!
A. I really don't know how to fix this. I tried changing texture paths in NifSkope though. O.O Please just try and keep re-equipping the gloves until they look right. Sorry about that.

Q. Her hair doesn't move.
A. Make sure you have HDT Physics Extensions checked.

Q. Sometimes her mouth moves, but no sound is heard!
A. Please tell me which lines these are. I'll try to fix them ASAP.

Q. Her face doesn't match her body.
A. You may need to download the diffuse for Fair Skin Complexion by HHaley to fix this. I don't know what else to do. I changed the texture path in NifSkope though. OnO Or change her weight in the command below. 

Q. Her face is black!
A. Apparently, this is caused by graphics overload or something, especially if you have lots of texture mods and/or low specs. Sometimes this can be fixed by typing:
~
clicking on Marie Rose
typing:
setnpcweight 0.00
disable

enable

Q. Her body is invisible!
A. This is an issue with not having both minimum and maximum weight meshes for bodies and/or clothing. I tried to find all of the missing meshes I could. If they're not working, please let me know.

Q. She won't work with EFF!
A. I will work on either making her compatible or make a patch for her... Somehow. Try force recruiting her, though.

If there's anything else wrong, please let me know ASAP!

~Credits~

Character Creation Mods-
* Enhanced Character Edit by ECE Team
* ECEE - RANs Enhanced Character Edit Enhancer by RAN46
* Enhanced Character Edit - More Bodysliders

Meshes-
Body-
* Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Edition by Caliente
* Made her a custom preset body with
BodySlide and Outfit Studio

Eyes-
* RANs Eye Reflection Extender by RAN46 and tktk
Face-
* Adorable Face by Lumina
Mouth-
* Fair Skin Complexion reduced mesh size by HHaley

Textures-
Body -
* Fair Skin Texture by HHaley
* The Pure by Anini n Regenbot03
Brows-
* 12 brows from Fair Skin Texture by HHaley
Eyes -
* The Eyes of Beauty by LogRaam
Teeth -
* Smile in HD by zzjay

Presets:
* Fair Skin Texture by HHaleyy (in optional files of the Nexus mod page)

Outfit -
* Marie Rose Outfit by Arrow & Knee Modding Team,
(Note: This mod for the ARROW & KNEE MOD TEAM ™ (Chinese: knee arrows mod group ™)
注:本mod为ARROW&KNEE MOD TEAM™(中文:膝盖中箭mod组™)制作,如要转帖请复制以上内容全部转载不得修改!并在明显的位置标明是转载,谢谢! 
^ edited by TripTheRift
* Pajamas by JackGa  
* Marie Rose Cosplay by Nokou, adenz, Fox6000, and qwiqwi
* FoxArmors by Fox6000

Hair -
* Marie Rose hair by MortedL, edited versions by triptherift and Daie
* Long hair version from an unknown source; taken from RRC Marie Rose after talking with RaRaCraft

Made With:

Spoiler

* Skyrim by Bethesda (buy it if you haven't already plz)
* Creation Kit by Bethesda (available on Steam)
* NifSkope
* NPC Nif Merge by Turulo
* Tes5Edit by Sharlikan
* Mod Organizer by Tannin
* Audacity
* Unfuzer by greentea101
* Voice File Reference Tool
* Speech to Text Demo
* Google Translate
* YouTube to MP3 (Firefox Extension)

~Tutorials Used~

~References Used~

Spoiler

* DOA Wiki - Marie Rose
* Dead or Alive 5: Last Round gameplay
* Warriors All-Stars Gameplay
* Skyrim Player Race Height Real World Comparison?

Screenshots:
* ThisTimeIBeAGoodGirlSir

Thank you to all of the mod authors, programmers, teachers, etc., who allowed me to use their resources and make this mod! <3
AND A HUGE SHOUT OUT TO Otakadelic, redblack89, AND 870905 FOR HELPING ME GET TRANSLATIONS FOR AUDIO! YOU GUYS ROCK! <3 If you are at all fluent in Japanese, it would be amazing if you could help in that forum... And possible translate the audio for the other DOAX3 girls, too. ;3
~Disclaimer/Copyright~
Original character from Dead Or Alive, owned by Team Ninja and KOEI TECMO
. This is not meant to be a replacement of either the character or the game, of course. It is simply meant to be a recreation of her or a way for Skyrim fans to get interested in DOA. This mod is used for entertainment and non-commercial use, which falls under fair use in the USA.
(from the "Third Parties" text file in DOA5)
(c) year, Xiph.Org Foundation
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
Neither the name of the Xiph.org Foundation nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
    This software is provided by the copyright holders and contributors gas ish and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the foundation or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.

I suppose that means it's fine to use their voice files, characters, etc. for non-commercial purposes. Thank you, to all people involved!

Permissions:
What you can't do-
* You may not use any of the assets in this file, unless they're for personal use.

THIS INCLUDES USING THE FACEGEN IN RACEMENU TO MAKE YOUR OWN MOD. 
PLEASE LOOK AT THE ABOVE CREDITS SECTION TO GET A SIMILAR LOOK.
* Look at the credits for the assets not belonging to me and check their permissions please.
* Do not reupload! - Please just send a link to my file page once it is up if you want to share it. Let me know if something is wrong with my link.

What you can do-
* Translations
* Patches
* Edits

* Improvements
All of the above are fine, as long as you credit me as the original modder and have them require this file!

Need help with:
* Screenarchery- Safe for Work pictures only, please. I am not able to take the best pictures due to not having a great rig (I'm below minimum specs, actually). I will credit you and add the picture to my file page. Thanks a bunch. :3
* Bugs - Please let me know if anything is wrong with the mod. I will do my best to fix it.
* Ideas for lines - Ideas for comments would be greatly appreciated to make her seem more ... Well, immersive as she can get. XD I will credit you on this forum and my file page for your thoughts.
* Sources for audio - If anyone could record/find Japanese Marie Rose dialogue (without music and sound effects) from the games Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, Dead or Alive Venus Vacation, and/or Senran Kagura: Peach with English translations, that would be immensely helpful.

* Scripts for wardrobe function - I'd love to have a dialogue for her to change into her different outfits, like Momiji by JackGa.

Thank you to anyone who downloads and tries out this mod! As of now, it is sort of in a BETA stage (as in this is the first follower mod I've ever made and it's not perfect), so I'd appreciate some patience.

Forum link!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/02/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    HDT Physics Extensions, SKSE, Dawnguard DLC, XP32 Skeleton Extended
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

@bermik

You should convert BMP files to PNG or JEPG as many don't like having to download something and then try to find something that can load them. You can use paint-net to convert them to a different format.

Did you give her any armors to wear? Have you tried changing her armor/outfit to see if it's what she's wearing that is causing it.

I have an issue where Marie is invisible..... If you're asking, I don't think it's a mod conflict as I tried it without any other mods in my game, to see if the issue was on my end. Edit - Just read up and thought it would be helpful to mention that I tried Mod Organizer and just extracting the mod into my game folder.

rip.PNG

4 hours ago, ~Sugoirim~ said:

@bermik Did you extract the folder, then copy/move the files to the data folder? Or are you using Mod Organizer? That's what I use. 

First I installed the modoganizer, I saw that the mod does not work. After that, I copied the files, as always, to the Date folder. Nothing changed. I think that the error in the link to the body. I did not check.

4 hours ago, Gmeck said:

I have an issue where Marie is invisible..... If you're asking, I don't think it's a mod conflict as I tried it without any other mods in my game, to see if the issue was on my end. Edit - Just read up and thought it would be helpful to mention that I tried Mod Organizer and just extracting the mod into my game folder.

rip.PNG

The body meshes are not named the same as what is in the plugin's Armor Addon.

Mesh Names

• femalebody_0.nif
  • femalehands_0.nif
  • femalefeet_0.nif

Armor Addon

• femalebody_1.nif
  • femalehands_1.nif
  • femalefeet_1.nif

Solution

Rename the meshes, found in "meshes\actors\character\SN Marie Rose\body", to what is in the Armor Addon data; change the "_0" to "_1".

5 hours ago, PsychoMachina said:

The body meshes are not named the same as what is in the plugin's Armor Addon.

Mesh Names

• femalebody_0.nif
  • femalehands_0.nif
  • femalefeet_0.nif

Armor Addon

• femalebody_1.nif
  • femalehands_1.nif
  • femalefeet_1.nif

Solution

Rename the meshes, found in "meshes\actors\character\SN Marie Rose\body", to what is in the Armor Addon data; change the "_0" to "_1".

Alright. Thank you. Sorry about that. I was being a little reckless with the files. I'll upload a fixed version.

48 minutes ago, swmas said:

Everyone should make a version of their followers that use the female textures installed for vanilla races, to save vram. I mean I already have installed fair skin and with this mod installed I get the same look but double vram usage.

Weird. I was using the optimized Fair Skin Complexion. I can make a version like that.

5 minutes ago, ~Sugoirim~ said:

Weird. I was using the optimized Fair Skin Complexion. I can make a version like that.

I didn't actually got double vram usage it was hypothetical. But it would be great to have an .esp replacer that makes just those changes, the main mod should remain as normal, just make a patch for default textures but not meshes too. Also it would be great if you added the bodyslide preset to make uunp body/clothes for her?