View File

After fiddling around with Havok lately i started trying to create an "extended skeleton", so this is the most recent result.

The Skeleton got some bones for Wings (WingL/WingR), a Tail(T_), and the "private areas" of male(P_) and female(V_).

The bones can be animated and are not affected by ragdoll / physics.

Current number of bones is 132 in total.

special thanks to :

Shade animator for the F4AK

DexesTTP for HKXpack

Groovtama for getting me on the right track

57 minutes ago, Vader666 said:

Yes.

A mesh that isn't skinned to the new bones will obviously not react to any motion of these bones

i tried to skin three times but max crashed every time i tried to move the new bones,

maybe i'm doing it wrong.

You dont need to do a whole new skin, for testing i just took the EVB body and skinned some of the vertices to the new bones instead of the pelvis bone.

Spoiler
52 minutes ago, Gamoholik said:

maybe i'm doing it wrong.

ehhhhhhhhh...

50 minutes ago, Gamoholik said:

max crashed

yeah.

6 hours ago, Vader666 said:

You dont need to do a whole new skin, for testing i just took the EVB body and skinned some of the vertices to the new bones instead of the pelvis bone.

Reveal hidden contents

ehhhhhhhhh...

yeah.

then you should upload that skined body so we can animate them right?

or we supposed to know what  vertices to skin?

and then to work for everyone,everyone has to have the new body with the new skin plus the new bones (skeleton)

i'm confused.

37 minutes ago, Gamoholik said:

then you should upload that skined body so we can animate them right?

I would have to get permission from Leito, then do then skinning correctly and not just a quick and dirty test skin and then upload it.

But im not going to do that.

40 minutes ago, Gamoholik said:

and then to work for everyone,everyone has to have the new body with the new skin plus the new bones (skeleton)

Thats how it works.

1 hour ago, dagobaking said:

Could you animate private areas in Max with this and have them be included in game?

yes

1 hour ago, dagobaking said:

Would you have to re-do every outfit in the game for them to work on the new skeleton?

No.

You only would have to reskin clothes / armors that take up the bodyslot / have body included, while not hiding the private parts and won't be unequipped during use of these parts.

14 hours ago, Vader666 said:

No.

You only would have to reskin clothes / armors that take up the bodyslot / have body included, while not hiding the private parts and won't be unequipped during use of these parts.

I don't completely follow. I get the bodyslot part. But, there are some parts of outfits that are outer layers. So, you can wear them in game and have private areas revealed. Are you saying that those types of clothes would have to be re-done?

---

You mention above that you won't be making a skin for the skeleton. Is it pretty involved, requiring advanced 3D work to get right?

5 hours ago, dagobaking said:

But, there are some parts of outfits that are outer layers. So, you can wear them in game and have private areas revealed.

As long as those outfits don't contain a body and hide the actual body there is no need to change them.

5 hours ago, dagobaking said:

You mention above that you won't be making a skin for the skeleton. Is it pretty involved, requiring advanced 3D work to get right?

Someone who got permission from Leito and at least a general understanding of how skins are working could do it in an hour, someone skilled may need 5 mins.

33 minutes ago, Vader666 said:

As long as those outfits don't contain a body and hide the actual body there is no need to change them.

Someone who got permission from Leito and at least a general understanding of how skins are working could do it in an hour, someone skilled may need 5 mins.

Ok. Got it.

I might look at that down the road. I'm currently working on a system that animates private areas using morphs. But, I'm finding that it doesn't perform very well to run many morph updates.

Do you know if there is a way to animate just specific bones the way SOS did in Skyrim? On one hand, subgraphs are way more moddable in Fallout 4. But, from what I can see, it looks like they handle alternate animations for the entire body depending on keywords rather than animate smaller sets of bones. I could be missing a feature in there though...

21 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Do you know if there is a way to animate just specific bones the way SOS did in Skyrim?

yes.

You need to seperate the private part into its own nif and attach a havok setup (Project>characters>Behaviors>Animations) to it.

So basically you're not animating just specific bones of your character but a different "actor" that shares the same skeleton.

Then attach the the "private part.nif" to the actor.

Thats how SOS does it.

The other way would be to set up BlenderGenerators in the actual behavior files and set the bone weights for your desired bones only.

This will blend two animations together, but only on the bones you need.

43 minutes ago, Vader666 said:

You need to seperate the private part into its own nif and attach a havok setup (Project>characters>Behaviors>Animations) to it.

So basically you're not animating just specific bones of your character but a different "actor" that shares the same skeleton.

Then attach the the "private part.nif" to the actor.

Thats how SOS does it.

Can that be attached to the actor with vanilla Papyrus? If I remember correctly, SOS had to use a node plugin...

8 hours ago, Vader666 said:

a general understanding of how skins are working could do it in an hour, someone skilled may need 5 mins.

True.

But i'm wondering how you did the skinning, i made some test for the P bones, separately is working but then i lose the base skin,

also i tried adding a skin wrap modifier on top of the existing skin then adding the new bones but no luck, i think i'm doing it wrong.

for permission:

Quote from Leito86

"Anything that I currently have on Loverslab and Nexus can be reused in other mods without the need for permission."

and in this case i'm sure that Leito86 is more than happy to give us permission to use his mesh with this mod.

2 hours ago, Vader666 said:

so you followed a skin modifier tutorial from max ?

i didn't ask you what is a skin modifier i was asking how you did the skin with the extra bones and animate the entire body and individually the extra bones in the same time.

and i asked in case someone else who read or see this mod is asking the same question.

but nevermind.

Will the vanilla animations still work even though those extra bones are added to the skeleton?

It would be great if someone with the right skill-set could fill out what is needed to use this skeleton.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But, I think we need:

• New male skin connected and weighted for this skeleton.
  • (optionally) New female skin if people want to use wings, tails, etc. on females as well.
  • A pack of re-done vanilla outfits that are affected by using the new skeleton. (How many outfits is that? Can it be done in bodyslide via copying weights over, etc.?)
  • An updated animation rig and havok config files for publishing animations with this skeleton from Max.
  • (maybe) A lot of updated vanilla animations to include the additional bones?

Who is up to the task? :smile:

7 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Will the vanilla animations still work even though those extra bones are added to the skeleton?

Yes, otherwise the skeleton would be useless...

(optionally) New female skin if people want to use wings, tails, etc. on females as well.

Wings and tails are extra parts, you only need to skin these meshes, no need for changing the skin of the body.

A pack of re-done vanilla outfits that are affected by using the new skeleton. (How many outfits is that?

Vanilla outfits ? none

Mod outfits ? maybe 10...

You only need to change these outfits that use main body slot, so hiding the actual body, while still having those private parts revealed.

I haven't seen a single outfit like this yet.

An updated animation rig and havok config files for publishing animations with this skeleton from Max.

Take a look to the downloads...

I already uploaded these.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2018 at 12:58 PM, dagobaking said:

I asked Leito a while back for permission and possibly help adding the body. But, haven't heard anything. I guess he may be taking a break from modding at the moment... So, we're kind of stuck unless someone makes a new body...

I'll play around with it.

On another note, any idea how to get _skin nodes to use animation data?