[mod] [Stellaris] Sexual gameplay

6 hours ago, Bloodly said:

The problem is Influence.  Colonies cost 100 to 350+ Influence to make depending on distance from your own territory and your income is very limited, even if you're Democratic and are hitting the mandates regularly.  Expansion tree can help by reducing the costs, but even so, you'll be hard-pressed.  And during such an expansion phase, you'll never be hitting the +Growth Edicts, because you won't be able to pay for it.  Actually it's hard to say when you'll be hitting the +growth edicts if you have them.  You'd need to have expanded enough that there's nothing to grab anymore, and the worlds would still have to be empty enough that the relative loss of the world's income would warrant it.  5 years is longer than you think.

By the by, -Unrest Traits only helps that specific species with Unrest problems if it has them; it won't help anyone else. 

So effectively, a species you encounter that randomly drew the sexual traits that reduce unrest is a prime target for invasion and/or slavery, as they'll cause less trouble afterwards and need less to keep the peace.

5 hours ago, powerofvoid said:

Once there are more of those +4 influence leader traits in this mod, that should be a bit easier? Unless they don't work with hiveminds and you're a hivemind.

Yea looking at the "need to breed" perk that does make sense. I think I should increase influence gain and habitability significantly (they're so sex obsessed they don't care if their living standards are shit haha) and I could make the sex crazed expansionist a free edict that actually increases influence or I could apply the influence boost to the trait itself but that would mean if there is an ai empire with the trait and you conquered it you would also get the influence boost which doesn't make a whole lot of sense role play wise (unless someone can do the mental gymnastics to figure that out :smiley: ). I said I wouldn't work on it until next month but I am willing to release a balancing patch but I don't want to release a whole patch just for one perk so if you guys have more balancing advice for other perks that would be good!

2 hours ago, justaidea said:

a idea for sex robot traits is artificial wombs for  mono-gendered male species whose females somehow died out.

another  for sex robots is the impregnator used by sterile species to impregnate females of other species.

Using the sexbots from Rick and Morty?

13 hours ago, Bloodly said:

The problem is Influence.  Colonies cost 100 to 350+ Influence to make depending on distance from your own territory and your income is very limited, even if you're Democratic and are hitting the mandates regularly.  Expansion tree can help by reducing the costs, but even so, you'll be hard-pressed.  And during such an expansion phase, you'll never be hitting the +Growth Edicts, because you won't be able to pay for it.  Actually it's hard to say when you'll be hitting the +growth edicts if you have them.  You'd need to have expanded enough that there's nothing to grab anymore, and the worlds would still have to be empty enough that the relative loss of the world's income would warrant it.  5 years is longer than you think.

By the by, -Unrest Traits only helps that specific species with Unrest problems if it has them; it won't help anyone else. 

So effectively, a species you encounter that randomly drew the sexual traits that reduce unrest is a prime target for invasion and/or slavery, as they'll cause less trouble afterwards and need less to keep the peace.

I guess they need to be leader traits too, then. How do psionics and cyborgs force traits on leaders?

Also, yeah, slutbots. We need some picturesets for them too.

Got it!

Put this in a file in the "events" folder:

namespace = sexualtraits

# New Leaders Get traits
country_event = {	#dominant
	id = sexualtraits.10001
	is_triggered_only = yes
	hide_window = yes

trigger = {
		from = {
			species = { has_trait = "trait_sexually_dominant" }
		}
	}

immediate = {
			random_list = {
				100 = { 
					from = {
						add_ruler_trait = trait_ruler_abnormally_sexually_dominant
						break = yes
					}
				}
				0 = {  }
			}

}
}

country_event = {	#enticing
	id = sexualtraits.10002
	is_triggered_only = yes
	hide_window = yes

trigger = {
		from = {
			species = { has_trait = "trait_sexually_enticing" }
		}
	}

immediate = {
			random_list = {
				100 = { 
					from = {
						add_ruler_trait = trait_ruler_abnormally_sexually_enticing
						break = yes
					}
				}
				100 = { 
					from = {
						add_ruler_trait = trait_ruler_abnormally_sexual_exhibitionist
						break = yes
					}
				}
				0 = {  }
			}

} 
}

And this in "common/on_actions":

on_leader_spawned = {
	events = {
		sexualtraits.10001
		sexualtraits.10002
	}
}

These will ensure that every ruler with the appropriate species trait will get one of that species trait's ruler traits. If you want a chance of getting nothing, or a lesser version, you can adjust the random list. If you want a chance to get both leader traits for enticing, use two "random_list"s, or just add cases.

EDIT: wait, fuck, it's not working...

EDIT 2: Ah, there we go. It needed "namespace"

EDIT 3: a typo: should be add_ruler_trait, not add_rulertrait

THX for your bloody awesome MOD.

I think it makes sense adding new species_rights to fit this MOD, for eg. the new slavery_type and living_standard;

and it would be better if you could add highly_submissive leader traits relative to abnormally_sexually_dominant.:smile:

And I wish you could add some traits modification as advanced ones.

I would very much like to be able to add these traits to species via genetic engineering (granted its easy enough to make that modification myself). If you decide to do that, however, you absolutely must exclude the Need to Breed trait, as I could imagine someone using that to rapidly expand and then gene mod it out once they became massive. =P

I would also love to see some negatives to these traits. Maybe make it so races that are sexually dominant get a minus 10% to happiness if they don't have any slaves or any pops that are sexually submissive?

On a slight side note... Your mod inspired me to try my hand at it (as I thought it was a shame that the only way to have a sex event was to have the Need to Breed trait). I call it "Make Space Sexy Again". At this point its a proof of concept anomaly you can find on any of the base game inhabitable planets. I actually have yet to find it in game normally, but if you select a planet and type "add_anomaly sexy_planet_category" (no quotation marks) it'll force it to appear on that planet. (Tentacle warning)

MASSA.zip

10 hours ago, powerofvoid said:

Got it!

Put this in a file in the "events" folder:

namespace = sexualtraits

# New Leaders Get traits
country_event = {	#dominant
	id = sexualtraits.10001
	is_triggered_only = yes
	hide_window = yes

trigger = {
		from = {
			species = { has_trait = "trait_sexually_dominant" }
		}
	}

immediate = {
			random_list = {
				100 = { 
					from = {
						add_rulertrait = trait_ruler_abnormally_sexually_dominant
						break = yes
					}
				}
				0 = {  }
			}

}
}

country_event = {	#enticing
	id = sexualtraits.10002
	is_triggered_only = yes
	hide_window = yes

trigger = {
		from = {
			species = { has_trait = "trait_sexually_enticing" }
		}
	}

immediate = {
			random_list = {
				100 = { 
					from = {
						add_ruler_trait = trait_ruler_abnormally_sexually_enticing
						break = yes
					}
				}
				100 = { 
					from = {
						add_ruler_trait = trait_ruler_abnormally_sexual_exhibitionist
						break = yes
					}
				}
				0 = {  }
			}

} 
}

And this in "common/on_actions":

on_leader_spawned = {
	events = {
		sexualtraits.10001
		sexualtraits.10002
	}
}

These will ensure that every ruler with the appropriate species trait will get one of that species trait's ruler traits. If you want a chance of getting nothing, or a lesser version, you can adjust the random list. If you want a chance to get both leader traits for enticing, use two "random_list"s, or just add cases.

EDIT: wait, fuck, it's not working...

EDIT 2: Ah, there we go. It needed "namespace"

Heyyy!! thats awesome! Do you mind if I steal your code here and make it so that all leaders of a species with the "need to breed" species trait get a special leader trait to massively boost influence gain? I'll make sure to credit you :smiley: I don't think I'll make it so that all leaders with the "sexually dominant" species trait will get the "abnormallly dominant" trait though I think I will keep that random. Awesome work though!

Edit: Perhaps you could release this as a separate addon mod and I can link it on this mod page under an "addon" section?

7 hours ago, josken1996 said:

THX for your bloody awesome MOD.

I think it makes sense adding new species_rights to fit this MOD, for eg. the new slavery_type and living_standard;

and it would be better if you could add highly_submissive leader traits relative to abnormally_sexually_dominant.:smile:

And I wish you could add some traits modification as advanced ones.

Thanks! and yea I am planning to add negative traits and I was hoping to make a new species citizenship type! And yea possibly advanced modifications would come but nothing planned at the moment.

4 hours ago, darkspleen said:

I would very much like to be able to add these traits to species via genetic engineering (granted its easy enough to make that modification myself). If you decide to do that, however, you absolutely must exclude the Need to Breed trait, as I could imagine someone using that to rapidly expand and then gene mod it out once they became massive. =P

I would also love to see some negatives to these traits. Maybe make it so races that are sexually dominant get a minus 10% to happiness if they don't have any slaves or any pops that are sexually submissive?

On a slight side note... Your mod inspired me to try my hand at it (as I thought it was a shame that the only way to have a sex event was to have the Need to Breed trait). I call it "Make Space Sexy Again". At this point its a proof of concept anomaly you can find on any of the base game inhabitable planets. I actually have yet to find it in game normally, but if you select a planet and type "add_anomaly sexy_planet_category" (no quotation marks) it'll force it to appear on that planet. (Tentacle warning)

MASSA.zip

Glad to see more people interested in making mods for Stellaris :smiley: there's been an awful lack of them here, I'll be sure to check out your mod when I can :smile: looking forward to see your future content!

6 hours ago, theman221 said:

Heyyy!! thats awesome! Do you mind if I steal your code here and make it so that all leaders of a species with the "need to breed" species trait get a special leader trait to massively boost influence gain? I'll make sure to credit you :smiley: I don't think I'll make it so that all leaders with the "sexually dominant" species trait will get the "abnormallly dominant" trait though I think I will keep that random. Awesome work though!

Edit: Perhaps you could release this as a separate addon mod and I can link it on this mod page under an "addon" section?

Go ahead. It's basically a rip of how psionic works anyway. :tongue:

I think there could do with being varying levels of dominance/enticingness/whatever, though. A small version that can show up normally for anyone who doesn't contradict, but always shows up for thosse with the species trait, and a big version that only shows up with the species trait, replacing the small version, but doesn't always show up.

EDIT: It seems to be... unreliable. I'm not sure why

EDIT 2: fixed. Typo.

4 hours ago, darkspleen said:

I noticed that if you have two species with the Need to Breed trait on the same planet, that one of them will kill off the other.

Do you have plans for robotic traits or civics (in a general sense)? I'd love to see a "sexbots gone mad" civic.

I believe it's called "rogue servitor" :3

"Mandatory Pampering: This living standard enshrines a small population of organics as display pieces, through relentless and unyielding pampering."

Here's an updated version of my proof of concept mod. Has 2 planetary anomalies, one asteroid anomaly, and a single country event.  I've been toying with the idea of making an anomaly that creates a race with the Need to Breed trait, but I'm not sure how mod dependencies work and I'm not sure if that's something I want to dive into right at the start.

MASSA.zip

Xenophile space-babe explorer shows up carrying a culture-shocked pre-FTL tentacle monster who is currently curled up in a little terrified ball: "He followed me home! Can I keep him? Pleeeeeease?"

Xenophile: [Awww, isn't he so adorable~?]

Materialist: [Do science to it!]

Has policy against abducting primitives: [Disciplinary action for scientist]

I was imagining it as an anomaly, I hadn't thought it through very far.

Also: a policy on dealing with tentacles, with options based on governing ethics. For when you find a planet with a "tentacle monsters" modifier or something.

e.g.:

Xenophobe: [FUCK THEM!] (figuratively, with weapons)

Xenophile: [Fuck them~] (literally)

Spiritualist: [Worship these divine creatures]

Militarist: [Ride them into battle]

You should have the option one way or another; either declare them Divine or Demonic.  Unless there's things like pheromones being added to the mix.

That option should grant you the Xeno Cavalry attachment if you don't already have it.

On 1/2/2018 at 2:00 PM, theman221 said:

Since you asked so nicely I will get around to doing it haha. But I won't be able to do it too soon, I have quite allot of work at the moment.

But if you can't wait, to edit the trait and edict descriptions just head on over to the Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod\sexualtraits\localisation and open the file with a text editor, preferably with notepad+ from here:

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

You can change all the accompanying text.

As for the "need to breed" event descriptions check out the post just before this and edit the descriptions in the same way as the traits/edicts. Hope this helps :smile: if you're having trouble getting this to work don't hesitate to drop another post here!

YAY! ty \o/

8 hours ago, Bloodly said:

You should have the option one way or another; either declare them Divine or Demonic.  Unless there's things like pheromones being added to the mix.

That option should grant you the Xeno Cavalry attachment if you don't already have it.

Maybe you can pick any option that doesn't oppose a governing ethic? You'd need some options for gestalt consciousnesses, though.

I don't use attachments much, so I'd rather have a "tentacle army" type, that somehow increases local happiness based on xenophilia. Lots of morale damage, little "real" damage, but a chance to capture demoralized armies with events somehow. Not sure how to do all that.