[mod] [Stellaris] Sexual gameplay

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2018 at 10:35 PM, nonameforme said:

That sound like you unzip the file and place it incorrectly or something. The path should look like this...

Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod        \\This is not Stellaris folder within Steamapp, this should be in your User.

Then inside the mod file, it should look like this.....

sexual_gameplay.mod

sexual_gameplay(addon).mod

sexual_gameplay                [Folder]                     

sexual_gameplay(addon)   [Folder]

Then inside sexual_gameplay, it should contain 5 folders

common

events

gfx

interface

Can you pose screenshot of your mod folder?

I'm having a similar problem. I'm using 2.1.3, and my mod file looks as you described it. When I load the mod, it gives me a warning about being incompatable, and when the game loads it appears to be standard Stellaris 2.1.3. Any help is appreciated!

image.png.c6b02a17e1719f0de0d964b91461cdb2.png

40 minutes ago, Railgunner2160 said:

Hmm, question: Have you actually tested and seen if the various traits show up in the menu during Empire creation? Or are you relying solely on the main menu as a indicator that the mod is active?

Ah, got it. I didn't realize that I needed to get into the species editor. Thanks for the help!

Tried it with 2.2 and... well it doesn't crash the game, but it bugs out so much stuff that it's pretty unplayable.  Hives and machine races stopped working entirely, for example, and 2.2 did something to clothing that makes a lot of custom races flake out in graphics as well.

Hey guys sorry, I'm still busy and I haven't found the time to play the new stellaris update. The mod will definitely need to be updated extensively and the earliest I can start is in mid January :( But if anyone wants to go ahead and update the mod themselves before then, just send me a message!

8 hours ago, theman221 said:

Hey guys sorry, I'm still busy and I haven't found the time to play the new stellaris update. The mod will definitely need to be updated extensively and the earliest I can start is in mid January :( But if anyone wants to go ahead and update the mod themselves before then, just send me a message!

Not playing at the current state maybe a good thing, there's so much bug and oversight that may ruin your game if you encounter them. I heard that some portraits are bug and make 'organic' pop eat mineral as food source.

Just do the mod at your own pace, no need to rush or force yourself. I hope you are free enough to enjoy the new year.

Well, if you're planning on an update eventually, the -90% influence cost on starbases in the need to breed trait is a bit overpowered, as anything that reduces it more (e.g. xenophobe) completely removes the influence cost. Maybe drop it to a -50% cost? 

I haven't encountered a lot of the bugs in 2.2 TBH. Also people mentioned custom races are bugged, but I've got at least 7 different custom empires and they seem to work fine.

I also thought about using that aphrodisiac anomaly as something that could carry into late game that fires off some weird event chain that causes you to start filling planets with whatever is causing it on that planet. This will encourage your pops (and basically everyone involved with them) to keep breeding, but may cause some side effect events that fire off on occasion.

53 minutes ago, MagnaSonic3000 said:

I haven't encountered a lot of the bugs in 2.2 TBH. Also people mentioned custom races are bugged, but I've got at least 7 different custom empires and they seem to work fine.

The biggest bug with some custom portraits is that the don't consume any resources like food and consumer goods, some modders took this into account which is probably why you haven't encountered it, in fact you can completely miss the bug, like I did in a game I just was doing really well, but nope turns out my race was just completely overpowered because of the bug,

Yeah there are plenty of ways round it that some mod makers use, there's even an unofficial patch on steam for that particular one, but they did let it out of the oven a little early, that's the only bug I've personally ran into, but they definitely need to work on the balancing, especially with the market, where you are literally able to print energy credits, but saying that, they updated the game today so hopefully they fix that, it was broken as hell