[mod] [Stellaris] Sexual gameplay

@Outlast1 I'll definitely add more species traits and leader traits, don't have any in mind at the moment so I'm open to suggestions :smile:. I'm also looking to add empire or planetary edicts, perhaps an edict that turns a colony into a breeding planet giving a big boost to population growth but leading to a fall in production. I think adding events would be cool but that wouldn't come anytime soon since I'm not sure how to go about that.

@themann221 you could do body traits like on CK2 breast size and what not to make your leader more attracting, to other humanoids or humans. or like battle field earth and have traits related to lengthened tongue sizes. or even a change the slaved race traits to add in what you have already done. and even a new trading port to sell slaves. just ideas popping into my head kinda like Alpha mod for example having a whole bunch of new things like resources for example.

@Outlast1 Definitely liking the breast size for leaders idea I'll have a look into that! Though the slave port idea I'm not sure how to implement in Stellaris at the moment :frown:. I think for the time being I'll focus on traits, edicts etc. and when I get better at this maybe I'll figure it out, thanks for the suggestions! If you have any more ideas that would be awesome :smiley:

'Sexual Mastery' refers to 'pleasing their masters'.  IE You tie it inherently to submission.  This is very much not the case, and should probably be reworded to 'partners' or 'lovers'.

Of the traits, bearing in mind Stellaris is very much a war game(Despite it's wants otherwise), the 'Other Species Happiness' boosts will do little to counter the heavy penalties of an alien species being conquered.  A Xenophile empire might be more interested, provided they can get people coming to them in the first place(Which is kinda tricky right now).  The Food +1 and +80% are potent/very potent, as is the Unity +50%.

It is interesting that Machines and Hive-Minds can access these in addition to Normal Empires.  They also have no anti-traits.

I hope some events might show up in time.

@Bloodly Definitely liked the idea of increasing migration attraction of xenos for xenophile empires so I added it to the large reproductive organs trait. I do agree that stellaris is a war game, I increased the make other species happy effect significantly to overcome the -40% decrease in happiness due to the recently conquered modifier and I also added reduce unrest modifiers to some perks. Thanks for the suggestions, they're much appreciated :smile:

6 hours ago, justaidea said:

in the future will there be traits/event/policies to outbreed other species  as species like Minotaurs, Tentacle monsters,Asari and Amazons etc.. when breeding with other xenos pops into their own pops?

I actually made a trait last night and 4 edicts that are focused around out breeding other empires. It really changes the gameplay and there are quite a few dependencies so I will release it tonight or something. The trait basically increases pop growth massively with a huge penalty to science, I'm debating between calling it "need to breed" or "sex crazed", the trait also allows the empire to use a new planetary and empire edict, the planetary edict stops all production on the planet and gives another huge boost to pop growth (like insanely big), and the empire edict cuts the cost of building corvettes (since not being able to research jack shit basically restricts you to using the naked corvette strategy) and cuts the cost of building colony ships as well as boosting energy and mineral production. So essentially the perk turns your species into a sex crazed zerg swarm species :smiley: . I was hoping to perhaps add some events in the future where you basically fuck other species into extinction but I still need to learn how to mod events. I'm also debating on whether I like the icon for this trait I posted a screenshot below, not sure if anyone will be able to tell what it is lol.

the other two edicts also boost pop growth resulting in low output though are more expensive and require the virile sperm and/or perfect incubator traits.

20171229155307_1.jpg

42 minutes ago, theman221 said:

I actually made a trait last night and 4 edicts that are focused around out breeding other empires. It really changes the gameplay and there are quite a few dependencies so I will release it tonight or something. The trait basically increases pop growth massively with a huge penalty to science, I'm debating between calling it "need to breed" or "sex crazed", the trait also allows the empire to use a new planetary and empire edict, the planetary edict stops all production on the planet and gives another huge boost to pop growth (like insanely big), and the empire edict cuts the cost of building corvettes (since not being able to research jack shit basically restricts you to using the naked corvette strategy) and cuts the cost of building colony ships as well as boosting energy and mineral production. So essentially the perk turns your species into a sex crazed zerg swarm species :smiley: . I was hoping to perhaps add some events in the future where you basically fuck other species into extinction but I still need to learn how to mod events. I'm also debating on whether I like the icon for this trait I posted a screenshot below, not sure if anyone will be able to tell what it is lol.

the other two edicts also boost pop growth resulting in low output though are more expensive and require the virile sperm and/or perfect incubator traits.

20171229155307_1.jpg

Sounds like a plan to me :D.

That won't work.  Naked Corvettes has been dead for a long while now.  As has Corvette use in general as heavier ships come into play.  Cruisers and Battleships rule the skies, currently.  Of course, everyone's also worried about what 2.0 will bring to space combat.

Ihttp://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=694044869&searchtext=infective

This mod will probably be of use for study or combined use.  Convert pops into your own kind.

27 minutes ago, Bloodly said:

That won't work.  Naked Corvettes has been dead for a long while now.  As has Corvette use in general as heavier ships come into play.  Cruisers and Battleships rule the skies, currently.  Of course, everyone's also worried about what 2.0 will bring to space combat.

Ihttp://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=694044869&searchtext=infective

This mod will probably be of use for study or combined use.  Convert pops into your own kind.

Thanks that is actually exactly the kind of trait I wanted to implement! Maybe I can check out how they did it and make my own version! also thanks for the balancing tip, perhaps I can have it so that all ship types are unlocked at the start at a discount but you're basically not able to improve your research so you need to capitalize on your early game advantage.

@Bloodly I managed to reverse engineer the mod you sent me and implement it into my own, I made the "need to breed" trait work in a similar way so now essentially any species without the need to breed trait will be replaced with your own over time. It will require more testing but so far its working great.

6 hours ago, Abominus said:

Sounds like a plan to me :D.

Yep! and now I've actually made it so you can literally fuck other species into extinction, just needs more testing and then I will release it :smile:

On 'bad research'; Consider the case of Hive Minds and the Devouring Swarm, and Driven Assimilators of Machine Intelligence.  Both receive boosts to Society Research and Unity for doing what they do and just have +Society research in general.  All the +Pop growth, +Influence, +Military cap, +Genetics in general(Cloning, for instance) stuff is in that tree.  Also the +Habitability stuff so they can spread even further.  I think +sector cap and system cap are there too(So you can either hand out more planets or have more systems under your control).  Of course, Sectors are....problematic.  It's fair to say everything dealing with internals and culture is there.

One can say the Hive Minds are built around wide growth, just as Inward Perfection(Who basically can't declare wars at all, so must spread out) and Driven Assimilators are.

On 12/30/2017 at 8:34 AM, justaidea said:

i wonder if there is a way to fuck a species into being a subspecies of  your main species as well.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=922791015

Perhaps eventually I will do that though I want to get other features done first, thanks for the suggestion!

On 12/30/2017 at 2:16 AM, Abominus said:

Wonderful, finally a chance to play stellaris again.

I've just implemented this mechanic in v1.2 if you want the mechanic to work just download the addon file aswell and it will be all good :smile:

On 12/30/2017 at 4:04 AM, Bloodly said:

On 'bad research'; Consider the case of Hive Minds and the Devouring Swarm, and Driven Assimilators of Machine Intelligence.  Both receive boosts to Society Research and Unity for doing what they do and just have +Society research in general.  All the +Pop growth, +Influence, +Military cap, +Genetics in general(Cloning, for instance) stuff is in that tree.  Also the +Habitability stuff so they can spread even further.  I think +sector cap and system cap are there too(So you can either hand out more planets or have more systems under your control).  Of course, Sectors are....problematic.  It's fair to say everything dealing with internals and culture is there.

One can say the Hive Minds are built around wide growth, just as Inward Perfection(Who basically can't declare wars at all, so must spread out) and Driven Assimilators are.

Thanks again for the suggestions, just uploaded a new update with a bunch of new stuff I will take these suggestions into consideration for the next update!

Where is this "human_female_future_naked_04" portrait mentioned in the mod files from? Inquiring minds want to know!

Also, good work, especially with implementing events with lewd pictures. I was fiddling with something along these lines, but I guess you got on the job first. :smiley:

Some of my ideas are:

• A xenosexuality civic for xenophiles that encourages mixing lots of species' together on the same planet in some way, and also suppresses xenophobia.
  • Various forms of "magic milk" leader traits that give strategic resources called various kinds of milk
  • Sexual strategic resources, possibly harvested from pops/leaders, such as:
    • pheromones (bonus growth rate)
    • super-sperm (even more bonus growth rate)
    • various kinds of magic milks with various bonuses
  • Brain slug event chain, which might turn your civ into a hivemind.
  • Symbiotic clothing of some form (a strategic resource, probably, but maybe a tech)
  • "Bimbo Crystals" -- dangerous things that make your pops happier but less able to do science
  • A "submissive" ruler trait that makes the empire in question more likely to do your bidding diplomatically
  • Negative sexual traits to offset positive ones, such as:
    • Decrease happiness when not enslaved (and gain happiness when enslaved, particularly in "domestic slavery")
    • Xenomania: decrease happiness when there are no other species around
    • A swingier version of the gynogenetic trait from the Asari mod (-60/+20?), with masculine and feminine variations (This was when I realized that Asari are basically what a tentacle monster looks like when it's a sexy female)

For reference, I usually play female-lead xenophile civs that try to seduce all the other species into my empire. :classic_angel:

I'm enjoying this mod a lot, thanks for your hard work. I couldn't help but wonder, since there are abnormally dominant leaders, why not make the opposite of those, abnormally submissive leaders? Maybe add a subjugation acceptance  so they are easier to subjugate by others?

As for the new sex crazed events, it's like playing a fanatic purifier without the genocidal opinion hit. I for one think that this is fun but I don't know if you're planning to make sex crazed empires the new purifiers with all the negative opinions.

Sticking with the war game said above, maybe have dominant traits help with combat modifiers (subtract minerals and whatever else), while the submissive focuses more on the production side of things. Idk just something off the top of my head.

7 minutes ago, monkeydark1 said:

Sticking with the war game said above, maybe have dominant traits help with combat modifiers (subtract minerals and whatever else), while the submissive focuses more on the production side of things. Idk just something off the top of my head.

I would be inclined to put reduced mineral output on the "star whore" path, while the dominant path disadvantages get unhappiness for not having slaves, and make a dominant combat strength buff take the form of increased morale damage for armies(and maybe increased morale), not much of anything in space, unless you're adding psi weapons or something. Is it possible to make a pop happier while enslaved?

Fucking a species extinct doesn't give you an opinion hit? That sounds like a bug.