"Your Skyrim mods are Sexist"

gooser

Of course, Skyrim is sexist.  So was the Middle Ages and Skyrim is clearly based on a extremely patriarchial period of history, but then again, the entire history of mankind has been dominated by men.  For instance in medieval times, women rarely owned property and were basically treated as chattel and married off as early as the age of 11 (Isabella of Hainault was married off at that age to Phillip Augustus..)  Women rarely held land in their own right with Eleanor of Aquitane being a notable exception but jure uxoris also meant that the husband held his wife's lands in his own right with Guy of Lusignan (yes that villain in "Kingdom of Heaven") being a prominent example.

Besides, I don't give a hoot what others think of how I play Skyrim.  It's my frigging game and if someone objects to the highly sexualized concept in it, too bad.  Sexuality has always been an essential part of being a human being anyway. 

Guys, we're famous now. Embrace ourselves for those feminist & sjw trolls!

I wouldn'd mind these kind of hit pieces if we can still get to do what we do here. Besides, I'm pretty sure there are women & even those "non binary" people who enjoy these mods as well. So the whole "sexist mods" are just first world stupid complaints. But then, I sure hope this site don't end up infiltrated & destroyed with their authoritarian policies & people getting banned for making/liking the wrong mod or using the wrong "pronouns"...

Damn, this site is getting mainstream, should I find an underground Skyrim modding site now?

I'm surprised they only talked about skimpy clothed followers and the SexLab framework itself. Did they not see all the rape & enslavement stuff lol?

On a more serious note, I do sometimes worry that some of this content encourages legitimately sexist people. It's an uncomfortable thought that a legitimately misogynistic person might come across a mod I made and have their viewpoint re-enforced because they think I am of the same mind as them.
But then again what can you do? Stuff is always open to be interpreted in a negative way.
I don't see anything inherently wrong with the content hosted here, and taking a utilitarian approach where you just look at the consequences is just too difficult without a way to comprehensively measure and weight all the effects.

>feminists whining

What do you expect? Most of them are unattractive in the first place; whether by personality or actual appearance. They think that because they don't like something that no one else should get to enjoy it either! And it's as simple as that. It's not because they actually care about whatever cause they're screaming about, because they don't. It's a desperate attempt for attention while trying to shutdown everything their target (white male gamers) enjoy. These women are conditioned to hate men, so everything men enjoy is bad/evil to them. All while ignoring the fact that you have female gamers who also enjoy these things. But these women will either ignore that fact outright, or claim that female gamers who don't follow their bullcrap victim ideology as having "internalized the patriarchy".

The thing everyone should always remember is that these people don't actually play video games. They take the title of gamer like it's a fashionable label, then do their damnedest to pull the 'Ministry of Truth' attack and tear away at the very foundations to undermine the gaming community in general. They use outgrouping tactics and will throw accusations like the sexism bit at people so as to force you into defending yourself. It's a manipulation tactic, and very easy to spot. Though most hide that crap until they've weaseled their way into positions of authority before throwing their proverbial weight around. It's how places like /v/ ended up in the decrepit state it's currently in! They got buddy-buddy with the admins and worked their way in. Then they started using the overton window strategy to carefully manipulate the community.

17 hours ago, xj47 said:

I'm surprised they only talked about skimpy clothed followers and the SexLab framework itself. Did they not see all the rape & enslavement stuff lol?

On a more serious note, I do sometimes worry that some of this content encourages legitimately sexist people. It's an uncomfortable thought that a legitimately misogynistic person might come across a mod I made and have their viewpoint re-enforced because they think I am of the same mind as them.
But then again what can you do? Stuff is always open to be interpreted in a negative way.
I don't see anything inherently wrong with the content hosted here, and taking a utilitarian approach where you just look at the consequences is just too difficult without a way to comprehensively measure and weight all the effects.

Hey, hey! When did we let little things like "sanity," "rationality," "logic," and "common sense" become allowed? Stop that before you corrupt us all! :classic_tongue:

Seriously, though, that's the single best argument I've read so far. We can't do anything besides make sure they don't set some legal precedent to allow the censorship of things they find offensive but are not actually illegal. All too often those who cry and bellow the loudest are just trying to avoid taking responsibility for something they have to deal with on their own. A case of blaming Canada.

blame_canada.png

On 12/23/2017 at 4:16 PM, CPU said:

Probably the guy that took the screenshots of LLab was using an Ad Blocker.

...or maybe is a Supporter...

I'll become a supporter when I get proper recognition for my mods. One reason I left the Nexus and never, ever turn off my AdBlock.

Going off topic for half a second here, the problem with adult mods is that they overshadow other good mods. The front page of the Sexus usually has 4/5 hot files being a stupid 5-minute-follower, some absurd bodyslide preset, a dumb hair mod, or some other dumb bullshit. Meanwhile the last mod is something by Elianora or Mihali (who're also shitty modders and get way more credit than either of them deserves for anything).

These people spend an hour at most doing these dumb mods, and then actual professionals like me and Chesko and beardofsocrates and Natterforme who literally put days, weeks, or months into their mods, only to get some shitty demanding comments and people crapping on the mod for not including X feature.

People are despicable.

On 28/12/2017 at 5:40 PM, Katherlne said:

After this, I want to make a video with fragments from Slaverun Reloaded where my character been raped, whipped, fucked by pack of dogs again and again. And in the end of video to write - "I'm a girl and i like it". And send it to Anita Sarkeesian.

p.s. interestingly, LL administration is ready for aggressive attack from feminist?

Please, please do it!

On 12/31/2017 at 7:49 PM, RussianPrince said:

I'll become a supporter when I get proper recognition for my mods. One reason I left the Nexus and never, ever turn off my AdBlock.

Going off topic for half a second here, the problem with adult mods is that they overshadow other good mods. The front page of the Sexus usually has 4/5 hot files being a stupid 5-minute-follower, some absurd bodyslide preset, a dumb hair mod, or some other dumb bullshit. Meanwhile the last mod is something by Elianora or Mihali (who're also shitty modders and get way more credit than either of them deserves for anything).

These people spend an hour at most doing these dumb mods, and then actual professionals like me and Chesko and beardofsocrates and Natterforme who literally put days, weeks, or months into their mods, only to get some shitty demanding comments and people crapping on the mod for not including X feature.

People are despicable.

sorry to go off topic, but where can i find your professional mods that are on par with the likes of Chesko and such? could not find you on nexus and on here all i see is a hand full of armor mods, a hair mod, and a mod that adds bananas, did you post all your good mods elsewhere?

1 hour ago, kaytavo said:

sorry to go off topic, but where can i find your professional mods that are on par with the likes of Chesko and such? could not find you on nexus and on here all i see is a hand full of armor mods, a hair mod, and a mod that adds bananas, did you post all your good mods elsewhere?

Lol the models I make take weeks and the textures take just as long to get the way I want.

"a hand full of armor mods"

More armor mods than Chesko has made. Not to mention that Chesko's "Art of the Catch" used nearly all vanilla assets and about half of my current mods use entirely custom models and textures...

Natterforme makes the same types of armor mods that I do, using vanilla assets to make something new and unique.

Beardofsocrates made the furry fox race for Fallout: New Vegas, but worked with three other people on it. I ported the Khajiit to Fallout 4 alone, without any help.

"a hair mod"

Do you know how hard that was without any prior knowledge of how hair works?

"and a mod that adds bananas"

I'd like to see you make a better one, pleb.

Not to mention the sniper rifle...and the sword for Fallout 4...and the Khajiit I ported from Skyrim to Fallout 4...

My "nexus mods" account is called ZurinArctus85. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/33622940

I have about 30 there including a new race, unique enchantment effects, and a bunch of other stuff. Granted my mods aren't bursting from the seams with features but I've put more time and effort into my mods than you do into your shitty comments.

Also redid Dawnfang and Duskfang from Oblivion to Skyrim with almost completely accurate remodels and retextures, a working version was integrated into Randomly Distributed Items.

Even have a player home that I worked on.

I looked over your profile and you don't have ANY mods, so clearly you have no clue how hard it is to make them. A+ for trolling, buddy.

Also should mention that all of the modders I mentioned in my previous post have help with scripting, animation, quests, et cetera...I work alone.

5 hours ago, RussianPrince said:

Lol the models I make take weeks and the textures take just as long to get the way I want.

"a hand full of armor mods"

More armor mods than Chesko has made. Not to mention that Chesko's "Art of the Catch" used nearly all vanilla assets and about half of my current mods use entirely custom models and textures...

Natterforme makes the same types of armor mods that I do, using vanilla assets to make something new and unique.

Beardofsocrates made the furry fox race for Fallout: New Vegas, but worked with three other people on it. I ported the Khajiit to Fallout 4 alone, without any help.

"a hair mod"

Do you know how hard that was without any prior knowledge of how hair works?

"and a mod that adds bananas"

I'd like to see you make a better one, pleb.

Not to mention the sniper rifle...and the sword for Fallout 4...and the Khajiit I ported from Skyrim to Fallout 4...

My "nexus mods" account is called ZurinArctus85. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/33622940

I have about 30 there including a new race, unique enchantment effects, and a bunch of other stuff. Granted my mods aren't bursting from the seams with features but I've put more time and effort into my mods than you do into your shitty comments.

Also redid Dawnfang and Duskfang from Oblivion to Skyrim with almost completely accurate remodels and retextures, a working version was integrated into Randomly Distributed Items.

Even have a player home that I worked on.

I looked over your profile and you don't have ANY mods, so clearly you have no clue how hard it is to make them. A+ for trolling, buddy.

Also should mention that all of the modders I mentioned in my previous post have help with scripting, animation, quests, et cetera...I work alone.

I only ever released two of my mods publicly which are terrible, and they where my first attempts at 3D modeling made over 9 years ago

i am well aware that making models textures and mods isn't easy.

also you say that other peoples hair mods are stupid and only take an hour of work, but because you took a week on your first attempt yours is better? I don't understand how if some one has the technique down to stream line the process that makes their work less impressive.

if i took longer to make a model with the same quality yours had does that mean I am better at it?

you call me a troll for asking where all of your mods are kept since i only saw a few under the name RussianPrince (granted i could of worded it better) and yet you say how bad other modders are that have more releases than you because that can make them faster?

you seem to have a superiority complex judging by your other comments on this site.

you want "proper recognition" for your mods but you refuse to give others save a few that you named and such respect

there is are reasons why people team up on projects but i can see why you don't, i wouldn't want to work with some one like you either

2 hours ago, kaytavo said:

you seem to have a superiority complex judging by your other comments on this site.

I do not.

su·pe·ri·or·i·ty com·plex
noun

an attitude of superiority that conceals actual feelings of inferiority and failure.

I'm not afraid of failure. Every time I try something new, my method is trial and error - the most failure-prone methodology available. 

"Failure provides the insight required for success."

I have what's called narcissism. I'm fully aware of the problem, which makes it even worse.

nar·cis·sism
ˈnärsəˌsizəm/
noun

excessive or erotic interest in oneself and/or one's physical appearance.

2. extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration, as characterizing a personality type.

also you say that other peoples hair mods are stupid and only take an hour of work,

I did not say that. I said that a lot of them are honestly quite stupid (in slightly different wording).

I also said that the Nexus is chock full of 5-minute-followers.  You know how to create a follower? It's one of the easiest mods to make. 

if i took longer to make a model with the same quality yours had does that mean I am better at it?

No, it just means you either took your time or wanted to make sure you got it just right. I've been modeling for about 5 years now so I'm fairly efficient with my work. I can remodel an entire set of vanilla armor in about 5 hours (look at the kind of thing Natterforme does).

you want "proper recognition" for your mods but you refuse to give others save a few that you named and such respect

When Chesko was getting a lot of hate for the paid mods bullshit I was one of the few people backing him up. I've downloaded and endorsed all of Natterforme's mods even though I don't use any of them I've actually helped Beardofsocrates with porting his FNV mod to FO4.

there is are reasons why people team up on projects but i can see why you don't, i wouldn't want to work with some one like you either

Because I have minor social anxiety and work better alone anyway. I also have Asperger's which makes interpersonal communication between groups difficult.

I only ever released two of my mods publicly which are terrible, and they where my first attempts at 3D modeling made over 9 years ago

Maybe you should brush up before calling other people's mods unprofessional.

I can literally make any dolled up follower in less than 5 minutes.

It's people like this that I get pissed about. Literally every single one of their mods is a shitty 5-minute-follower. Every time they've made hot files. For literally the bare minimum amount of effort for a mod.

7 minutes ago, RussianPrince said:

It's people like this that I get pissed about. Literally every single one of their mods is a shitty 5-minute-follower. Every time they've made hot files. For literally the bare minimum amount of effort for a mod.

Half the reason that Nexus is going downhill. I legit do not understand how those mods reach hot; it's barely a scratch past "here's my char preset" plus some screenshots that focus on the follower's body... even though that's from UNP/CBBE...

Followers without either custom voicework or some kind of extensive combat overhaul shouldn't even be eligible for hot files.

1 hour ago, Juranas said:

Half the reason that Nexus is going downhill. I legit do not understand how those mods reach hot; it's barely a scratch past "here's my char preset" plus some screenshots that focus on the follower's body... even though that's from UNP/CBBE...

Followers without either custom voicework or some kind of extensive combat overhaul shouldn't even be eligible for hot files.

I completely agree with that statement.

The primary reason I haven't made a voiced follower is that I haven't found a good candidate for the voice type I want. I could edit the base files and mash them together but it takes forever to find the lines you're looking for.

Archived