"Your Skyrim mods are Sexist"

gooser

Oh look another blogger trying to make another controversial post to generate add revenue for that sweet sweet $.
And would you look at that a Youtube personality inserting their common sense to it for that sweet sweet Youtube $.

More news at 11 folks.

Edit:
I understand that the article is being negative about mods on Skyrim but my point is the blogger is just using one sided facts and sensationalism as click baits for website traffic add money. Meanwhile the Youtube guy being positive doesn't care either, he is just another guy using sensationalism generated earlier to appear as the champion of common sense. Again for what? For that Youtube money.

What does this all do? divide people.
Make more people more extreme in their views and create hysteria where there isn't any.
Shame on the blogger for their actions and shame on the Youtuber for perpetuating it and making it a bigger deal than it already is.
Shame on both of them.

42 minutes ago, bicobus said:

Oh, look... Drama! Let me take a pitchfork and a torch.

32 minutes ago, Grine said:

Oh look another blogger trying to make another controversial post to generate add revenue for that sweet sweet $.
And would you look at that a Youtube personality inserting their common sense to it for that sweet sweet Youtube $.

More news at 11 folks.

Actually, the guy was defending adult modding.

3 minutes ago, CPU said:

Actually, the guy was defending adult modding.

Loverlabs doesn't need defending, the site as a user base and a purpose. But hey, every time loverslab is refered around is because of some BS/drama. The youtuber wouldn't have made that video if it wasn't for some article. I mean, a normal business day around is when everybody do not talk about adult content.

Urgh, I'm just rambling. I need to sleep.

From the article he's talking about: "...while the male characters end up roughly unchanged. You'll see very few sexualised men..." The first part is true, just because the second part is straight wrong. The difference is that the vanilla males already are ridiculous sexualised. All big guys with usually a lot of muscles. Where are the big bellys, the ugly faces? Or just straight barrels? Or at least a small round belly instead of six packs?

The point is that we as males just don't complain about that stuff. I don't exactly miss all this stuff.

aD0OR4O_700b_v1.jpg.eeb96503fdbdd671a8bceb92d62c7267.jpg

As CPU said, the youtube guy was explaining that if you consider nude female mods sexist, then not considering the males nudes mods sexist and not even mentioning them is inconsistent. He was defending the modding community. :classic_smile:

What superficial feminist may criticize is that females might be reduced to a sexual object. For my part, I'll highlight that :

— They are very often the main protagonist of local stories. The protagonist is by essence not an object, but an actor ; otherwise it's not a protagonist.

— They are considered on LL as sexual, gendered beings ; just as males are considered too. Which happens to be the case of IRL men/women/most mammals too, so I don't see in what it's problematic. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not the first time that topik is brought on anyway, nor the last. People do discover the internet every day it seems. :classic_wink:

Something more complicated than "not considering male nudes sexist":

If big boobs are sexist, am i a feminist because i made a character with small boobs just because i've activated the option in Slaverun to be mocked for having small boobs? it's totally not childish either, my character still has a big butt. :smile:

5 minutes ago, Tirloque said:

Not the first time that topik is brought on anyway, nor the last. People discover the internet every day it seems. ;)

I know... that's the reason i don't use bing as search engine. LL was one of my test cases when i've tried to find an alternative to google. When i put Loverslab into the search engines... bing found a feminist article about it. It somewhat fits my kind of humor, but i wouldn't use it if i actually wanted to know something. ;)

For all the concerns over feminist push-back, let's not kid ourselves, we know the real trouble will only start with the male evangelical. Fortunately, they love our existence.

Update: The guy is clearly mocking the author. Look, I don't know about you, but I don't regard my particular indulgences as sacrosanct. People are free to criticize them with whatever reasoning they're capable of. If anything, I'm usually disappointed in the ineptitude of the criticism. Not that it exists.

I've pretty much learned to not to bother with those that are outspokenly offended by sexy game mods. They seem so sad, joyless, and insecure: the kind of person that has nothing better to do than make a post on the Nexus comments section of some booby mod making sure the whole world knows that they don't approve of such things. Because they definitely have a girlfriend, a life, and are the voice of true maturity. Which is why they posted their comment at 3 am on a Tuesday.

As for me I know I respect real world women and from my MMO days know that most girls couldn't care less if you strut a fictional female character around in bikini armor all day so long as you keep that sleazy behavior in the fictional world. You also learn that just because a male player prefers to play modestly dressed female characters doesn't mean he won't treat the MMO as a dating site when interacting with female players. So as long as they aren't succeeding in pushing laws against sexualized content in video games I no longer feel any need to defend my actions against some loud mouth wanker who doesn't like I'm a total pervert in my gaming fantasies.

Eh, it's all about some dumb article that moans about too much 'adult' stuff on Nexus. And that's really just some female pixellated chars in skimpy pixellated outfits, which is somehow misogynistic, although it's kinda ok, if there was only not so much of it, behind Nexus's perfectly functional adult content filter. And for some reason someone has to make a half-hour vid explaining the perfectly obvious.

This is all so lame. I'm offended by this level of lameness.

1 hour ago, oldrayzor said:

Might posit the question here just 'cause it's the newest thread on the topic...

Folks are aware that the skimpy and sexualized science fantasy goes way back in comic book history? Right? Frazetta? Wrightson? Not the advent of Skyrim or even video games for that matter.

In the case of Skyrim and the other Bethesda sandbox games there seems to be the logical fallacy among the outspoken prudish that if skimpy/sexual mods weren't allowed there would be more mods that cater to their personal tastes being made. Never mind the reality that the people making sexual outfit mods would more likely just find another game to make their lewd mods or simply wouldn't be making mods at all. The people complaining can't accept that such mods happen to be extremely popular among both creators and the consumers, so they make any excuse they can to condemn it.

I wonder if she is just bored of the same skimpy armor being pumped out on the Nexus? You know, the one that uses 3 cubic inches of cloth. I could see where she would get that argument if that was how she phrased it. The thing is that skimpy outfits are easier to make than the larger more ornate ones and quite frankly speaking, there is a demand for such things. Not to say that they are all non-creative. Just look at the Merta/Gwelda collection of mods. As for the awful shit we do on loverslab. We aren't hurting anyone so let us sin in peace.

P.S. Why do I gotta listen to a talking dog for 30 minutes? I'd rather have my dog learn "sit" and "shake".

Archived