Seam Mender

DogOnPorch

Fejeena, I've installed the Python tools and am looking to do some seam mending.

I think the issue is one that you've mentioned before...two different types of HGEC feet. The lower-body and feet do not quite match.

Can you give me another step by step instruction as to how to pick a template, etc, and mend the seam joint myself? Then I can teach others, etc if successful. 

I've included the files for reference. (lower body from Anatomic Anomalies and the HGEC foot I'm using). I'd ultimately like the fixed lower body to replace the HGEC-M lower body (in Set Body).

Here both bodies. The LAPF version ( foot  and lower with and without Butt bones )

And the SetBody reloaded version (foot  and lower with and without Butt bones )

LowerBodies and feet.7z

How you use Seam Mender tool ( I use Seam_Mender b_25_A )

If you have a wrong foot nif: The right body nif in the template folder and the wrong foot in the target folder. Normally the default setting are OK.

Vertex targets is 1  and search distance I use 0.3. for bigger gaps 1.0  ( for your readguard foot i used 5.0 )

If you have a lowerbody with wrong legs ...then right foot are template and body is target.

If you want to use the LAPF version in your game the LAPF foot or lowerbody are always your template files  and you alter the wrong meshes in the target folder.

! The Set body reloaded meshes still have the upper-lowerbody gap (I thought that was fixed. I have Edition_1_46a )

Not important for the leg-foot fix , but if you work with upperbodies/armor/clothes,

abc555.jpg

------------------------------------------

Your two meshes.....

The foot!!! With that textures path nobody can use it ( Only if they have  exactly the same install path.) And Game in c:\program files (x86)\  ???Oh Shit, NO NO !

Spoiler

abc53.jpg

And the lowerbody..

Spoiler

abc54.jpg

Why a full skeleton in the nif ? Skeletons, full or parts I only use for anination testing.

And a nif with bones is smaller.

I have full admin over Oblivion...no worries. The foot isn't for public consumption...unless you know nifskope.

I think I have enough info to experiment with, now, fejeena. I'll play around it and see what I can break.

:smile:

Thanks again. :smile: I'll let you know if I have more questions.

25 minutes ago, myuhinny said:

I was in the middle of posting about the texture pathway but got distracted by something shiny.:grin: Been dicking around with seam mender as well but haven't really used it much.

I'm aware that the texture paths are specific to my build and that the canon is to install outside Program Files...no worries. I have full admin over Oblivion.

;)

Yeah, if I can figure it out, it should be a revolution in getting some of these darn uppers to fit lowers. Not a lot of instructions...so thank goodness for fejeena and similar folks around here.

That one lower body I posted is anatomically correct...so to speak. It would be nice to slide it into the Medium Lower slot of the HGEC folder in Set Body...my goal.

(edit: I've long since swapped many of the meh bodies in Set Body for more exotic ones)

1 hour ago, fejeena said:

And the lowerbody..

Hide contents

abc54.jpg

Why a full skeleton in the nif ? Skeletons, full or parts I only use for anination testing.

And a nif with bones is smaller.

Dunno...the lower-body is 'as-is' from the file AnatomicAnomolies.7z. Didn't you point it out to me? Pretty sure you did.

:smile:

You can also create a full body template ( Make Seam Template.bat )

You copy hand, upper, lower, foot in one nif and run the Make Seam Template.bat.

Now you can use this file as tamplate for all your wrong nifs.

For the foot fix I use nif template files.

For a upper-lowerbody Seam fix I get better results with a  created template file.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Have you get my "Short nails" file PM ?

6 minutes ago, fejeena said:

You can also create a full body template ( Make Seam Template.bat )

You copy hand, upper, lower, foot in one nif and run the Make Seam Template.bat.

Now you can use this file as tamplate for all your wrong nifs.

For the foot fix I use nif template files.

For a upper-lowerbody Seam fix I get better results with a  created template file.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Have you get my "Short nails" file PM ?

Do you mean copy-paste branch to make a full body? Isn't there too many scene roots? How do I get around that?

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

In the spoiler I posted originally.

OK...but what is the wrong file ? What should be the template and what the target?

You posted " (lower body from Anatomic Anomalies and the HGEC foot I'm using)  "

So the foot is the right nif, the template ?

Just now, fejeena said:

OK...but what is the wrong file ? What should be the template and what the target?

You posted " (lower body from Anatomic Anomalies and the HGEC foot I'm using)  "

So the foot is the right nif, the template ?

Oh....sorry....the foot is the correct file for my build.

Here the new lowerbody.

First I "fixed" the original nif files.  I don't know if it was necessary...I always "clean" nifs before I use MeshRigger, SeamMender, ClothesConverter.

In the lowerbody nif the vagina part had no "Tangent space (binormal & tangent vectors)"  , so I used NifSkope "update all tangent spaces" ( I think Seam Mender don't like missing tangent spaces )

In your foot nif I renamed the textures path ( all start now with textures).

new Lowerbody.7z

The femalelowerbody new.nif is the new file.

The other nifs are the templates and target nifs I used.

7 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Ran it again using your template...produced a lowerbody in the output folder....but it has the wrong feet. So I might need to build my own template, I'm guessing.

You can use my template nif with all bones , delete my body parts and paste in the body parts you use.

EDIT: Yes the foot nif you use is the SetBody reloaded version.

In SetBody reloaded is a HGEC version of the MegaOppai Upper Body.  Fits perfect with your hands.

And ...not so perfect with the lowerbody.

Mumin's Gape Lower  with SetBody reloaded  MegaOppai ( or any other HGEC upper body )abc56.jpg     No gap, but ugly transition

So I used HGEC upper as template and fixed the lower body. Now it looks like this

abc57.jpg

MegaOppai+Mumin SM.7z

EDIT:

Some MegaOppai stuff

abc58.jpg

The "nails in nipple" with and without body (for amulet or tail slot).

The ball piercing are not perfect, the balls distort during the movement ( not the rings). A MeshRgger problem, even if you set "Rigid" sometimes some nif parts still "move".

Some years ago kingkong was so kind and fixed such problem with Blender...but unfortunately he disappeared from LL. Now I must use the MeshRigger results. But the ball piercings are ok,  you can hardly recognize the distortion in the game.

Piercing and shirt.7z

Archived