[Fallout 4 VR] Devious Settlement Boss

View File

Devious Settlement Boss [Fallout 4 VR Compatible]

Become a truly devious boss of your settlements and either praise or punish your settlers!

Requirements

Torture Devices & all dependencies

Devious Devices & all dependencies

Four-Play + Patch + Dependencies (Don't worray about F4SE for VR users, it doesn't matter for this mod.)

CRX Workshop Crosses

What This Mod Does

It provides a simple way of making use of the various Devious Devices/Torture Devices currently available and also Four Play animations. Simply talk to your settlers and choose from the various options to either punish them or reward them. I built this as I'm using Fallout 4 VR but it should also work for normal Fallout 4.

Mod Highlights...

Trading

You can trade with your settlers at any time. Use this option to dress them up as you see fit or force them to wear devious devices!

Using Torture Devices

You can send up to 3 different settlers to use a random Torture Device. Make sure you've built some before trying to punish them! Once a settler is using the device they will stay there forever until you release them. Keeping them on the furniture is done through a scene AI Package so shouldn't un-assign them from from any other task. To free them, simply talk to them and choose the appropriate dialogue and they will carry on with their normal routine.

Future updates should include the ability to whip your settler while they are tied to the torture device. You can do this now by bashing them with a weapon but they'll only take so much before returning fire!

Stripping Settlers

Want your settlers to wander around naked? No problem! Just talk to them and strip them as a punishment! (this uses the Hazmat Suit Hat work around so you will see some outfit swapping before they finally appear naked!)

Gloating

Talk to your settlers while they are on bondage furniture to gloat over them!

Settlers Plead For Their Release

Once securely on a piece of bondage furniture your settler will plead to be released amongst other things. Leave them to suffer or set them free - it's up to you!

Future Things

Some benefit to rewarding your settlers - not sure what yet

Suggestions welcome.

14 hours ago, tefm said:

How do you enitiate the dialogue menu? The Settler says: "Yes, sir" and nothing happens after that.

They should go on to the next bit of dialogue from there.  I'm not sure why you wouldn't get the next part of the dialogue, they should salute you and start the next bit of dialogue. Sometimes the dialogue in F4 is buggy and the NPC just wonders off!

2 hours ago, Raya said:

You made my day :smiley:

:smiley:

10 hours ago, mrgreaper said:

what patch and dependencies? just see two versions on the download page for it

The community patch and any dependencies, I've added a link to it in the OP.

Four Play does work except it won't strip the actors before any scene (which is why there is a strip option in this mod).

Also, DD does need all the DLCs but if you already own them with normal Fallout4 then you can just copy them across and they work (for the most part) with the VR version :smile:

4 hours ago, JimmyJimJim said:

Four Play does work except it won't strip the actors before any scene (which is why there is a strip option in this mod).

Also, DD does need all the DLCs but if you already own them with normal Fallout4 then you can just copy them across and they work (for the most part) with the VR version :smile:

Thanks !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've found a fix for the "Yes, sir!" but getting no further issue. I can replicate it if I only have the .ba2 file and not the loose script files. As soon as I put the loose script files in then the mod works again. Weird....not sure why that would be happening, almost like a script isn't getting included in the .ba2 file.

Anyway, hopefully you can boss your settlers around now!

You said you weren't sure yet what the benefit of praising your settlers would be.

A temporary happiness boost to the settler could work. Happiness, if I understand Kinggath (Sim Settlements dev), happiness in your settlement is assigned to particular settlers based on whether each of their needs are met. Happiness has the effect of increasing productivity a small amount as well as increasing the chances of new settlers arriving. Praising a settler could infer a temporary bonus to that settler's happiness for, say, 24 in-game hours. To add some realism, you could keep a count of the frequency with which you use the praise option and penalize overuse through diminishing returns (what is your praise worth if you hand it out like candy?).

Just a friendly recommendation. Hopefully it gives you some ideas on where you want to take your mod.

13 hours ago, SaiHottari said:

You said you weren't sure yet what the benefit of praising your settlers would be.

A temporary happiness boost to the settler could work. Happiness, if I understand Kinggath (Sim Settlements dev), happiness in your settlement is assigned to particular settlers based on whether each of their needs are met. Happiness has the effect of increasing productivity a small amount as well as increasing the chances of new settlers arriving. Praising a settler could infer a temporary bonus to that settler's happiness for, say, 24 in-game hours. To add some realism, you could keep a count of the frequency with which you use the praise option and penalize overuse through diminishing returns (what is your praise worth if you hand it out like candy?).

Just a friendly recommendation. Hopefully it gives you some ideas on where you want to take your mod.

That's a good idea, I'll have a look into changing settler hapiness:smile:

2 minutes ago, xartumx said:

I had the "Yes, sir" bug, with the latest version it now proceeds to the trade menu without any other dialog. Is there something else I have to do?

After the "Yes,sir" dialogue you should then get 4 other options Trade, Carry On, Praise and Punishment. It shouldn't just jump to trade :frown:

9 minutes ago, JimmyJimJim said:

After the "Yes,sir" dialogue you should then get 4 other options Trade, Carry On, Praise and Punishment. It shouldn't just jump to trade :frown:

D:

I even tried to enable Papyrus logging but apart from the obvious errors from fourplay trying to use F4SE features I don't see any other error.

Maybe it's a mod conflict, Sim Settlements is the first that jumps to mind that could mess with settlers...

EDIT: NPC Travels is also a possible candidate, I'll try with a fresh save and see what mod causes the issue.

6 minutes ago, xartumx said:

D:

I even tried to enable Papyrus logging but apart from the obvious errors from fourplay trying to use F4SE features I don't see any other error.

Maybe it's a mod conflict, Sim Settlements is the first that jumps to mind that could mess with settlers...

Ah, could be a conflict there. Fallout 4's dialogue system leaves a lot to be desired as you can only ever have 4 options for dialogue. In Skyrim dialogue options are just added to the list so conflicting mods will still work together as all dialogue options will be in the list.

Fallout 4 doesn't do this, instead it displays the most important dialogue first then once that is complete you'll get any other dialogue next time you talk to the NPC. This causes some issues if you want to force dialogue to all NPCs like I'm doing in this mod. If I make my dialogue too important it may well override other import quest dialogue :frown:

I may have to think of another way of doing it....

Ok so, I disabled all the problematic mods and installed yours first and now It seems to be working but only on some npcs (it's on top of Simsettlements and NPCs Travel in the load order).

I also found out that when I try to use the collar nothing happens and I get this error in the logs:

[01/07/2018 - 03:10:39PM] warning: Property ListenerRef on script Fragments:TopicInfos:TIF__SBMainQuest_0A011997 attached to topic info 33011997 on quest _SBMainQuest (330090C8) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[01/07/2018 - 03:10:39PM] warning: Property collar on script Fragments:TopicInfos:TIF__SBMainQuest_0A011997 attached to topic info 33011997 on quest _SBMainQuest (330090C8) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[01/07/2018 - 03:10:39PM] error: Cannot call Start() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[topic info 33011997 on quest _SBMainQuest (330090C8)].Fragments:TopicInfos:TIF__SBMainQuest_0A011997.Fragment_End() - "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Fragments\TopicInfos\TIF__SBMainQuest_0A011997.psc" Line 8
[01/07/2018 - 03:10:39PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp1"
stack:
	[topic info 33011997 on quest _SBMainQuest (330090C8)].Fragments:TopicInfos:TIF__SBMainQuest_0A011997.Fragment_End() - "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Fragments\TopicInfos\TIF__SBMainQuest_0A011997.psc" Line 8

If I select the xcross option when the npc is about a meter away from the cross two messages appear (Furniture Quest Started & Furniture Quest Ended) and nothing happens. I also don't see options for forced sex and CRX.

I installed all the requirements + dependencies maybe something is still missing?

Hey, Jim.

This is a really nice idea. Thank you for bringing it alive. I was just testing it. Sadly I have a slight problem.

It looks like I am currently only able to target unique settlers, like Marcy. New settlers didn't get the dialogue. They were in the settlement though, before I installed the mod.

Another problem I had was with Devious Devices collar not being applied. Nipples were pierced, but collar never made it in to inventory. I did check that they are working correctly in my game, by spawning a bunch of stuff an applying them to my settlers.

Known limitations, or something that needs another look?

1 hour ago, xartumx said:

Ok so, I disabled all the problematic mods and installed yours first and now It seems to be working but only on some npcs (it's on top of Simsettlements and NPCs Travel in the load order).

I also found out that when I try to use the collar nothing happens and I get this error in the logs:

[01/07/2018 - 03:10:39PM] warning: Property ListenerRef on script Fragments:TopicInfos:TIF__SBMainQuest_0A011997 attached to topic info 33011997 on quest _SBMainQuest (330090C8) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[01/07/2018 - 03:10:39PM] warning: Property collar on script Fragments:TopicInfos:TIF__SBMainQuest_0A011997 attached to topic info 33011997 on quest _SBMainQuest (330090C8) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[01/07/2018 - 03:10:39PM] error: Cannot call Start() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[01/07/2018 - 03:10:39PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp1"
stack:

If I select the xcross option when the npc is about a meter away from the cross two messages appear (Furniture Quest Started & Furniture Quest Ended) and nothing happens. I also don't see options for forced sex and CRX.

I installed all the requirements + dependencies maybe something is still missing?

Ah haa....so we know it conflicts with some stuff, but at least the dialogue is working to some extent. I'll check the X-Cross stuff out.

38 minutes ago, Morferous said:

Hey, Jim.

This is a really nice idea. Thank you for bringing it alive. I was just testing it. Sadly I have a slight problem.

It looks like I am currently only able to target unique settlers, like Marcy. New settlers didn't get the dialogue. They were in the settlement though, before I installed the mod.

Another problem I had was with Devious Devices collar not being applied. Nipples were pierced, but collar never made it in to inventory. I did check that they are working correctly in my game, by spawning a bunch of stuff an applying them to my settlers.

Known limitations, or something that needs another look?

It sounds like you may be using an old version. The new version doesn't have any fitting of specific bondage items. Instead you can call up the trade window and equip from there. I did this as you can craft your own devious devices then equip them, although i may bring it back as an easy way to equip devices without having to craft them 1st.

All settlers should get the dialogue in the new version as it is based on their faction membership.

12 minutes ago, JimmyJimJim said:

It sounds like you may be using an old version. The new version doesn't have any fitting of specific bondage items. Instead you can call up the trade window and equip from there. I did this as you can craft your own devious devices then equip them, although i may bring it back as an easy way to equip devices without having to craft them 1st.

All settlers should get the dialogue in the new version as it is based on their faction membership.

I downloaded the file today, about 1 hour before posting. I will clear the cache and try to download it again.

I missed the fact that there should be window, so that is all on me. Sorry. :smile:

The problem with settlers not responding is still lingering. Was that fixed in the new version as well? Unique settlers are saying "Yes Sir", but I can't even prompt that from new ones.

There is a one possibility though. I am using Better Settlers and both ladies might have been prompted by it. However, I didn't see any conflicts in xEdit between the two. I might have to make a test, where this mod goes below Better Settlers files, which are among last files getting loaded in both of my load order and MO2 resource priorities.

---

Edit: I had the most up to date version of the mod, not the old one.

3 hours ago, Morferous said:

I downloaded the file today, about 1 hour before posting. I will clear the cache and try to download it again.

I missed the fact that there should be window, so that is all on me. Sorry. :smile:

The problem with settlers not responding is still lingering. Was that fixed in the new version as well? Unique settlers are saying "Yes Sir", but I can't even prompt that from new ones.

There is a one possibility though. I am using Better Settlers and both ladies might have been prompted by it. However, I didn't see any conflicts in xEdit between the two. I might have to make a test, where this mod goes below Better Settlers files, which are among last files getting loaded in both of my load order and MO2 resource priorities.

---

Edit: I had the most up to date version of the mod, not the old one.

1 thing to try is to delete the SettlementBoss.ba2 file from your data directory. The newer version doesn't use that file any more, instead the scripts are loose and the ba2 file may mess that up.

I've tested various parts of the mod and it seems to work on new settlers for me ok. I can send them to the X-cross as well. one thing that has now started to happen though is that if I strip them the 3D model won't update. I know they are stripped because whatever they were wearing then appears in their inventory and if I save and reload the game (or fast travel or wait) then the 3D model does update. Weird!

21 hours ago, Arcturus7777 said:

I do not see a settlementboss.ba2 to delete.

Anyway the dialog is keeping me from doing things outside the settlement.  everyone is saluting.

I was thinking a fix, maybe a toggle of the dialog on and off with a key

The ba2 is only there if you used one of the older versions 1st.

I am working on a fix for everyone saluting you, it should only happen in settlements that you own.