Soul calibur 6

On 5/3/2018 at 12:55 AM, MrEsturk said:

Someone didn't look at the link I posted, lol :classic_rolleyes: 

I did comment before looking at the link though I suppose that I could have come back to comment after having followed the link. That was suitably sneaky for a post about a ninja disappearing then unexpectedly reappearing.

11 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

I did comment before looking at the link though I suppose that I could have come back to comment after having followed the link. That was suitably sneaky for a post about a ninja disappearing then unexpectedly reappearing.

Ah, you out trolled me. Grats, lol :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mr. Trigun said:

Noooo...not the "button mashers delight" guy again. C'mon Namco, Li Long is way better and more badass than this gelled up punk. ?

Oh believe me, when Namco most likely unveils that toilet tier crap sack Yun-Seong instead of the vastly superior Hwang I'll be right there with you in on the highly annoyed bus.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to another Soul Calibur game.. Altho I'm hoping they bring back the gameplay of Soul Calibur 3, and the way of unlocking stuff in a similar style, Customization is always welcome to me.. I always enjoy having my own characters, but would prefer the style to be that of soul calibur 3 with unlockable fighting styles instead of it being a complete copy of the actual characters.. If no customization then oh well, I'm happy to get another Soul Calibur game!

On 6/25/2018 at 9:09 PM, badassplaguerat said:

I'm looking forward to another Soul Calibur game.. Altho I'm hoping they bring back the gameplay of Soul Calibur 3, and the way of unlocking stuff in a similar style, Customization is always welcome to me.. I always enjoy having my own characters, but would prefer the style to be that of soul calibur 3 with unlockable fighting styles instead of it being a complete copy of the actual characters.. If no customization then oh well, I'm happy to get another Soul Calibur game!

I would love to see the custom movesets from Soul Calibur 3 return. But sadly they never really caught on so I'm not holding my breath. Even if they added the movesets of some official characters that didn't quite make the cut as a fully fleshed out characters that would be great. For example if they insist on continuing promoting Yun-Seong over Hwang I'd settle for just having Hwang's moveset available for character creation. That and Soul Calibur 1 style Rock's moveset, but that would be expecting too much. 

I'd also really like it if they gave you the option to choose whether your creation always speaks English/Japanese regardless of the user's language settings. And a "Link from Zelda" style voice option for each gender that has no verbal lines of dialogue since the voice sets they provide are never enough to cover the impossible task of fitting all character concepts.

On more realistic hopes I'd really like it if you get to upload your creations on services like Steam, Playstation Network, Xbox Live, etc...

Anyways crossing my fingers to see Hwang, Seung Mina, and/or Cassandra unveiled. Also want to see Astaroth, but I doubt I have to cross my fingers because I'm sure that big oaf is a given :P

On 6/26/2018 at 10:42 PM, MrEsturk said:

I would love to see the custom movesets from Soul Calibur 3 return. But sadly they never really caught on so I'm not holding my breath. Even if they added the movesets of some official characters that didn't quite make the cut as a fully fleshed out characters that would be great. For example if they insist on continuing promoting Yun-Seong over Hwang I'd settle for just having Hwang's moveset available for character creation. That and Soul Calibur 1 style Rock's moveset, but that would be expecting too much. 

I'd also really like it if they gave you the option to choose whether your creation always speaks English/Japanese regardless of the user's language settings. And a "Link from Zelda" style voice option for each gender that has no verbal lines of dialogue since the voice sets they provide are never enough to cover the impossible task of fitting all character concepts.

On more realistic hopes I'd really like it if you get to upload your creations on services like Steam, Playstation Network, Xbox Live, etc...

Anyways crossing my fingers to see Hwang, Seung Mina, and/or Cassandra unveiled. Also want to see Astaroth, but I doubt I have to cross my fingers because I'm sure that big oaf is a given :P

I just want to be able to use Hwang's moveset on a female character while using Ivy's moveset on a male character again like I did back in Soul Calibur 4.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Mr. Trigun said:

@MrEsturkAnyone wished for Seung Mina? ? ...also...as Astaroth was mopping the floor with Maxi...damn that was satisfying.?

Excuse me: I'm the one who posts the Soul Calibur 6 trailers on this site, thank you. Lol ?

Glad to have Seung back, a favorite of mine and one that has been cut from the roster a few times. Definitely prefer her style over Kilik. As for Astaroth always good to know I can create Death Adder again, one of my favorite bosses from my childhood. Hopefully this game's create-a-character isn't a step backwards from Soul Calibur 5's, one of the few good things about that weak point in the series.

Still crossing my fingers with unrealistic hope Hwang will make it in.

• 2 weeks later...

So Tira's the preorder bonus. Don't really care about her that much, so no extra incentive to preorder for me. Her age does suggest some characters may have had their timeline shifted in this this reboot, since she'd be barely hitting puberty during the events SC1 in the original timeline:

And the character creation trailer dropped. Not a good trailer for it IMO. Less then 10 seconds of the actual editor in action while the rest of it is just footage of some uber-generic asshole in bronze armor going through story mode and facing off with bootleg Shang Tsung. How about actually showing the thing you're supposed to be advertising, Namco?:

I suppose it does show that it will be at least decently in-depth. Though I'm worried that the body types will be hardlocked, a step backwards from SCV. One of the reasons its so annoying they showed so little of the actual editor.

4 hours ago, MrEsturk said:

I suppose it does show that it will be at least decently in-depth. Though I'm worried that the body types will be hardlocked, a step backwards from SCV. One of the reasons its so annoying they showed so little of the actual editor.

I think they'll show more indepth gameplay during Gamescom, so we may get to see more of CaS in action.

Although the lack of a facial hair option is disappointing...

Here's another video showing some screenshots of the character editor. Couldn't find the link to the just the screenshots in the incredibly lazy, short on time search I just conducted. Will try again after work:

The screenshots are more reassuring to me, looks like a tweaked version of SCV's character editor, which is a good thing. The one samurai appears to be fat, so hopefully that means we can create more body types and not just that this editor has the same oversized armor issues SCV's editor had.

Kind of wondering how the lizardman race will be handled. Will all the movesets have alternate animations to accommodate the lizardmen legs or did Namco take a lazier route either limiting the movesets you can give a lizardman or making them look more like the Skyrim argonians with a human leg structure?

Ah here's a link with the full list of character creation screenshots:

https://8wayrun.com/threads/libra-of-soul-new-character-and-tira-reveal-trailers-updated-8-22.20182/

Some other notes that were revealed at Gamescom:

- You'll be able to share created characters with anyone on your system of choice's friends list. Shame I was hoping to be able to upload them to steam workshop or similar but I guess its something. If you download a character that uses costume parts you haven't unlocked yet you will not be able to edit them.

- You will once again be able to make custom costumes for the main characters. However they will not have official alternate costumes this time around.

- There will be 100 custom character slots, still a hard cap but double the limit of SCV.

- There is an unconfirmed rumor one of the CaCs briefly showed at Gamescon was using Cervantes battle stance.

- Looking at the screenshots it appears the ability the custom texture patterns feature for clothes will once again also be available for weapon/shields.

So far it looks pretty solid. I hope Nightmare's arm is available as a part this time (and not as a last minute DLC as in SCV5) so I can make Seigfried! from Soul Blade with Seigfried's moveset.

On a more shallow note: please let there be a boob slider, please let there be a boob slider?

UPDATE: Also apparently that Shang Tsung looking fellow in the character creation storymode trailer will be a unique, playable character that is highly important to the game's plot.