Soul calibur 6

As a huge fan the series from its prequel beginning I'm cautious, but optimistic from what I saw in the trailer after being disappointed by Soul Calibur 5 (aside from the amazing character creator system).

Anyways I'm going to ramble on about my opinions, so I'll be polite and hide my massive post behind a spoiler:

Spoiler

THE GOOD (IMO):

- Soft reboot: The story was turning into a convoluted mess by Soulcalibur 4. Then Soulcalibur 5 took into a poorly received future that was worth scrapping. So I welcome Namco just tossing the whole thing and starting over.

- Sophitia is back: I quite enjoy playing her and her sister. Her story spotlight hogging children just didn't live up to her or her sis though to me, so welcome back :blush:

- From the limited info it sounds like the game will have a better counter system than the broken version of Soul Calibur's guard impact/parry system Soul Calibur 5 used.

THE UNCERTAIN (IMO):

- New management: A new guy has been put in charge. I've heard he's a protege of the guy currently in charge of Tekken, which is promising. But always got to wonder with new leadership. For now I wish him well and hope he does a great job.

- The trailer suggests finishers/super meter moves are returning: Never been a fan of these in Soul Calibur, but they were never so bad they ruined the game for me, so hoping if they are present they continue to at worst invoke a meh opinion from me.

THE BAD:

- Honestly from what little has been shown I have no major complaints and I hope it stays that way. Good luck to Motohiro Okubo.

UNLIKELY THINGS I'D PERSONALLY LOVE TO SEE:

- Being able to release created characters on an online service: Well this might actually be a very real possibility. But I also have to assume that the character creator as we know survives at at all, given the change of leadership. I'd love to share my creations to the public online :blush:

- Hwang: Honestly his Soul Calibur 1 and 2 (copied by the "Assassin") playstyle might be my favorite Soul Calibur character. Xianghua, Yun-seong, and Leixia are not the same by a long shot to me. Then again with the new management maybe Hwang will finally make his return. Or if there is some offensive context I'm unaware of give the moveset to Seong Mi-na's father, Han-myeong.

- Making left out character movesets available for character creation: A way to include the playstyle of characters that didn't make the cut or just weren't proper for the story at least available. And all the development time that would have gone into costumes, voice acting, storyline, etc is cut from the budget while still allowing long time fans to have their favorite character's moveset accessible to bring into the VS mode ring. A compromise between cutting a beloved character completely and a least giving the public the character's moveset to work with :smile:

- Classic Rock: This is definitely a personal wish I won't be holding my breath on, but I'd love to see Rock appear very close to how he was in Soul Calibur 1 (Despite him coming first in Soul Blade I understand why Astraroth is more appealing). I'd love to see him as a throwback to Soul Calibur 1 while Astraroth represents his modern take on that playstyle, similar to the way a number of side characters were playable in Tekken Tag 2 with throwback movesets from the currently popular characters. In other words: Rock as he was in Soul Calibur 1 and Astaroth as he became in the later Soul Calibur games that didn't nerf him.

- Character Creation unique movesets like in Soul Calibur 3: Sure you would not win a tournament with any of those movesets. But on a causal level they were a ton of fun and made the created characters feel a bit more unique than just a skin of an existing Soul Calibur character. Of course I'd be just as happy to see the same concept used to include movesets of cut cannon characters, so if that happens I'll be quite happy.

OTHER CHARACTERS I'D LIKE TO SEE RETURN:

-Siefried: I hope to recreate "Siefried!" the prototype version of Nightmare as a costume using Siefried's moveset.

- Nightmare (Already confirmed according to "leaks")

- Cassandra: I would prefer her over Sophitia, but I can work with Sophie if not.

- Seong Mi-na

- Zasalamel

- Viola

I've heard very little about it so far, but if MrEsturk is right and they're soft rebooting it, hopefully I'll get my main gal Seong Mi-na back.  Missed her in 5.  And I could do without the Sun-Wukong-But-Named-Different-Character #45000, hearing some dude scream about food in almost every voice line was a bit grating.

1 hour ago, Just Checking said:

I've heard very little about it so far, but if MrEsturk is right and they're soft rebooting it, hopefully I'll get my main gal Seong Mi-na back.  Missed her in 5.  And I could do without the Sun-Wukong-But-Named-Different-Character #45000, hearing some dude scream about food in almost every voice line was a bit grating.

Yeah, making Jade from Mortal Kombat and giving her the moveset of the hungry monkeyboy with a Kilik/Seong Mi-na hybrid moveset was one of my better decisions while playing Soul Calibur 5 (create-a-character replacements for annoying characters ftw :blush:). And it is officially confirmed that Soul Calibur 6 will be going back in time to early days of Soul Calibur's timeline. The trailier sets the tone nicely with a very young Misturuigi VS Sophitia.

I love this series! I started playing SC way back in 2000 I think. I just like fighting games with weapons better. Can't say I was ever really any good with any of the different fighting styles, but it was still fun. Also SC should bring back destructible clothing and armor. Very HAWT and challenging at the same time!

I kinda hop they bring back AMY and Keep Elysium as Elysium was my favorite to play in soul 5. But to be honest I didnt Like petrockles or whatever he was more eh to me than any of the others. But bringing back sophitia and Cassandra is a huge plus as I played Cassandra and Amy all the time in soul 3.

On 12/19/2017 at 11:34 PM, deathbywesker said:

I'm a huge Soul Calibur fan and I can't wait for this game to come out! :smiley: Hopefully, they won't rush it this time and actually finish it. 

Hopefully given that the new guy they put in charge of SC6 is a groomed apprentice of Katsuhiro "Tekken" Harada Namco will feel confident throwing a decent amount of money and time at the project. Harada is one of Namco's biggest cash cows, so his vouching should pull a lot of weight.

• 1 month later...

Nightmare, Kilik, Xianghua, and a new character called Groh have been revealed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxFwvwYPPcs

Groh seems to be able to swtich from a Darth Maul type player to a dual blade wielder at will. The three returning characters are fairly classic interpretations of themselves. Kilik is once again a staff wielder instead of the Edge Master type character he was turned into in SC5. Also confirmed from a demo play session in Japan is that Nightmare is once again possessed Seigfried (Seigfried's face is revealed when Nightmare's armor is damaged during a match).

19 hours ago, deathbywesker said:

I know this is to early to ask, but have they announced any guest characters that’ll make an appearance in the game yet or maybe teasers? 

Thus far Mitsurugi, Sophitia, Nightmare, Kilik, Xianghua, and Groh are the only characters officially confirmed. As normal with games like this there are many rumors and supposed leaks, but only those 6 characters are confirmed with visual proof.

• 3 weeks later...

8 hours ago, Meowstress said:

I have very simple needs. All I want is a character with Matt Mercer as his voice actor.

Also if they are jumping back in the timeline, I wonder if Siegfried will still be playable? I'm assuming he would be since SCII was the only game with him being combined into Nightmare. ...

Siegfried was already Nightmare during the time of SC I...that was a Dreamcast exclusive though.
f3dbd754.jpg

..and the first time we saw a glimpse of his transformation was in his no input ending of the first game that kickstarted this whole series...Soul Blade
https://youtu.be/ZxkpifvdITo

http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/File:Siegfried!.JPG

18 hours ago, Slick Clyde said:

Dude, Zasalamel is also the voice of Hisoka in Hunter X Hunter's english dub. :lol: And yes he also voices in Skyrim too.

Ivy could also be a Skyrim voice, but I'd have to check that as I'm not entirely sure (probably is.)

EDIT: Yeah, Ivy's VA also voices Skyrim NPCs.

ah thought so

i watched the sub version of HxH :tongue: (man i miss the show)

also i mainly checked this thread because of your profile pic haha

...Also if they are jumping back in the timeline, I wonder if Siegfried will still be playable? I'm assuming he would be since SCII was the only game with him being combined into Nightmare. Maybe they could even go back to having Crispin Freeman voice Siegfried like in SCIII, though they'd probably stick with Roger Craig Smith. I like Crispin's serious Itachi sounding Siegfried the best!...

...Siegfried was already Nightmare during the time of SC I...that was a Dreamcast exclusive though....

...Sorry, Meowstress. Looks like Siegfried might be combined with Nightmare this time around....

Keep in mind although Siegfried was Nightmare in SCI his normal, non-cursed form was also playable as an unlockable character in that game:

Select1.png.b045a0cf41cb2265a2bf4fe2bbaa9cb9.png

So don't rule out Siegfried as a separate playable character just yet ;)

15 hours ago, Slick Clyde said:

Lol cool! I've been watching the dub premiere on TV in the U.S.
Very fun anime, though last night's episode was hard for me to watch... :cry:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm aware of what happens further in the series with Gon, so I am looking forward to that. ;)

tumblr_p4mgoujXl71rvb8cmo1_1280.thumb.jpg.18bf8be8d66b2341ab991acbea205b1c.jpg

oh man the feels....

have you watched it all? and it shows the anime on american TV!? thats cool! i hope more people get into it because maybe then we might get new episodes (i still havent read the manga), or else we probably might be looking at a 10 year wait

• 1 month later...