"10 Minutes or Less" guide to making your entire HDT-PE armor library jiggle with SMP

zarzil

So you've upgraded your potato and made/want to make the jump to SMP.  Good!  It's easier than ever, now that there's a Bodyslide 2 option that produces accurate collision shapes ready for use in sex scenes.  (Support for males is my next project, so don't let the futa tag scare you off.)

But you have to turn off HDT-PE on bodies to use SMP on bodies.  That often leaves you with an armor problem, huh?  What if I told you that with a few quick text edits, you could have SMP take over where PE left off?  And you could get this done quick and dirty?  Read on.

This for-dummies guide requires no experience on the reader's part.  All steps are clearly shown in screenshots and described in text.  While this guide is primarily intended to assist beginner-level users of my SMP preset kit (already linked above), anyone can apply the concepts herein if they want a hasty method of making their armor work on their own SMP setup.

Requirements:

Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio are required, as is a working SMP installation.

Notepad++ is recommended for easy XML editing.

This control xml for reference bodies:

cbbe-hdt-vag-collisionsoff.xml

Recommended:

The XMLs from my Futa SMP kit

Click the spoiler tag to proceed.

Spoiler

#1.

5a2c92e4f3364_1-loadoutfit.thumb.jpg.78227d470abe492101a440a60d7c2aad.jpg

To begin, open Bodyslide 2, click the Outfit Studio button, click Load outfit.

#2.

5a2c92fcbc93d_2-loadfirstarmorbodypiece.thumb.jpg.26f80ca8db2610cf0ac28ab9a3887aa0.jpg

Browse to whatever directory your armor or clothes is stored.  Load up your first torso armor piece's _0 version.

#3.

5a2c92fe42716_3-lookatthemeshestab.thumb.jpg.be2bb31b87a559bda30bcac807bb66ee.jpg

We need to know the shape name of the reference body used by your armor.  Look at the Meshes tab on the right.  (A reference body is something body armor loads in place of your normal body to ensure whatever you're equipping actually fits your character.)

#4.

5a2c92ff94e5b_4-usethehidetoggletofindthereferencebody.thumb.jpg.b56c66dc3e59819518ff3a54ceb69602.jpg

Different armor sets use different shape names for the reference body.  It can be named anything, although it is commonly BaseShape or UUNP or something similar.  If you're not sure which one it is, use the eye-shaped visibility toggles to find out.  Click them until you see the body wearing the armor disappear.

#5.

5a2c93020783b_5-browsetoyourSMPxmlsdirectory.thumb.jpg.d256b83866c7d670a02e4a9fbd1b495c.jpg

Now that you know what it's called, close Outfit Studio (don't bother to save anything) and browse to the folder HDT-SMP stores all the control XMLs in.  Now's a good time to copy paste the XML I attached to this guide into this folder.  (Up to date as of version 1.3.1 of my SMP kit - and it's not actually CBBE anymore, that's just a piece of ancient naming history.)

#6.

5a2c93041acfe_6a-opendefaultBBPs.thumb.jpg.0af09a1606d89035f20ac5be0cf223cb.jpg

5a2c9308152a1_6b-opendefaultBBPs.thumb.jpg.ac9ae709022270a83847ac54f953c8cd.jpg

Open defaultBBPs.xml.  This file is the master list that SMP uses to link the names of mesh shapes to the XMLs that control their physics.  This structure allows one to conveniently assign different physics settings to objects on an individual basis.

#7.

5a2c930be42c9_7-createanewentry.thumb.jpg.55af58c930a856ede5209cf0d40d5345.jpg

Create a new entry using the shape name (UUNP, in this example) you learned in Step #4, with the file information pointing to the preset physics xml (cbbe-hdt-vag-collisionsoff.xml) I attached to this guide, or your own preferred physics xml.  You can copy paste one of the other entries and change the two bits of information you're specifying.  Save the file.  That's it!  You're done!

If you want to add more armor sets that have reference bodies with different shape names, simply create another entry for them.

Notes:

The resulting armors will probably not have thigh jiggle physics.  Most HDT-PE reference bodies don't have the bone data for this.  Similarly, the resulting armor will not have SMP's collision effects.  These require collision objects to be built into the armor and a replacement of the reference body.

You may also see clipping as a result of SMP making various parts jiggle in ways that were different from the author of the armor.  If you've been using Bodyslided HDT armor, you already know the drill here.

This process may also cause some armor parts to jiggle in ways that are not intended, such as rigid breastplates bouncing freely.  This can be fixed by firing up Outfit Studio, changing the reference body's shape name to something original, right clicking the reference body in the shape list and activating "set reference", exporting the file to nif with reference (overwriting the old one), making a second copy of the xml I attached with a new name, deleting any entries for the bones you don't want moving (such as anything with the word "breast" in it) and finally creating an entry for the new shape name and new physics xml in defaultBBPs.xml.

What is this wizardry. How does the collision off xml work? -This whole thing confused the shit out of me and I thought this was some magical xml that would take me to valhalla, my bad :tongue: *slowly walks away*.

I'm right in now understanding that I don't have a use for this if I've got my SMP setup and working with my own collision meshed body? I was intrigued because I never actually had armor jiggle on anything with SMP without manually tagging every armor.nif as the baseshape naming convention varies a lot in my experience.

39 minutes ago, darkevilhum said:

What is this wizardry. How does the collision off xml work? -This whole thing confused the shit out of me and I thought this was some magical xml that would take me to valhalla, my bad :tongue: *slowly walks away*.

I'm right in now understanding that I don't have a use for this if I've got my SMP setup and working with my own collision meshed body? I was intrigued because I never actually had armor jiggle on anything with SMP without manually tagging every armor.nif as the baseshape naming convention varies a lot in my experience.

It's the reverse of manually tagging armors one by one - figure out what the author used, and do some XML copy pasting to include it.  A time-saver for massive libraries, the people who want a quick fix, and nothing more.

1 hour ago, mowdig said:

I tried this and did everything it said, but i still couldn't get the jiggle for armors. If i did use the cbbe-hdt-vag.xml file i could thouhgl. but it make the tits bouce but not up and down, more like farwards and backwards. So it makes it looks really bad.

Do i need to do any changes in the cbbe-hdt-vag-collisionoff.xml for it to work or have i maybe done some kind of mistake?

It does work if i write in the console first Removeallitems and then Resurrect. But i dont really wanna have to do that one every single female npc.

I'm not sure what you mean by removeall and resurrect.  Is this a follower who equipped them?  If so, do they work normally on a player-controlled character?

Could you link me to the file containing the armors you're trying to make work, so I can check them out?

21 minutes ago, mowdig said:

Well i mean, it works on my character since i can just easy reequip the armor, and i haven't tried on a follower but i guess it would work the same there, just equip and reequip an armor piece for it to work.

So i guess the problem is that the armor needs to be requipped for it to work, hence the needing of removeall then resurrect for the npc to get their items back and to get the correct bounce/jiggle.

And like i said in the previous post, i need to use cbbe-hdt-vag.xml  file in the defaultBBPs.xml with UUNP for it to even give some effect.

Its no bouce/jiggle at all if i use the cbbe-hdt-vag-collisionsoff.xml you linked in this post in my defaultBBPs.xml file.

The armor i used to find out what body my character had, but its the same with any kind of armor that is using the UUNP body in the Outfit Studio

bikini3_0.nif

Okay, I tested the armor file you sent me, and it performed normally.

Actually, if you're using my futa-smp pack and the xmls inside, your bikini armor should all work by default.  I made the XMLs to include it because I use it, too.

Would you send me copies of your cbbe-hdt.vag.xml, defaultBBPs.xml and cbbe-hdt-vag-collisionsoff.xml?  I want to double check and make sure I didn't include any bugs with them, as I patch stuff a hell of a lot, and to double check that you didn't accidentally mess anything up.

It looks like one or more of those is from prZ's all-in-one.

Replace them with these, and let me know if it solves your problem.  Make sure every single file in this archive overwrites the others.

Patch 1.3.2.7z

It has support for the bikini armor built in already.  If it still doesn't work we know it isn't the mesh and it isn't the xmls.

Oh, I figured out your problem.  Damn, this one again.  OK, you have an operating system that wants , instead of . in XMLs.

I've added a version I'm sure will solve your problem.

I'm going to start including the alternate punctuation type in a separate XML set for my SMP pack, so people don't run into your problem.  What country you from, mowdig?

Patch 1.3.2 localization fix.7z

Glad we got it figured out.  I'm sure our discussion will save other people in your position a good deal of frustration (and myself haha).

Making armor collide is a lot more work than this.  If you've ever opened the SexySMP body in Outfit Studio you'll see the collision objects attached to it.  You'd have to replace the reference body in the armor with your SexySMP body, as well as copy in the collision shapes one by one in a not very convenient process (if you're using outfit studio).

I wrote a guide to help people prepare bodies for SMP:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/87146-a-picture-guide-to-accurate-collision-objects-in-hdt-smp/

But it doesn't cover armor very well.

If you send me the _0 and _1 versions of one bikini armor piece and the SexySMP body you built through bodyslide, I can prepare one for you to use as an example, if you want to try it yourself.

Making a total collision-enabled Bikini armor SMP conversion that works in bodyslide is one of my long-term goals.

36 minutes ago, pmhaos said:

in 2 sweet second i thougt that i could jump from PE to SMP by this guide, but immediately i realized that my armor mod is The Book of UUNP lol

As far as I know, this guide applies to any armor that works with HDT-PE.  Book of UUNP may or may not use a different shape name for its reference body, so you just punch that in, instead of what is shown in the screenshots.

On 19/12/2017 at 3:54 AM, zarzil said:

As far as I know, this guide applies to any armor that works with HDT-PE.  Book of UUNP may or may not use a different shape name for its reference body, so you just punch that in, instead of what is shown in the screenshots.

thank you for your guide and reply but here i mean it too many armor to process lol

1 hour ago, 27X said:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

The funny part of this is that I just checked, and the author uses the standard UUNP name for the base shape, which is the default reference body name for armor sets in my xml.  It would have worked for him with no changes at all.

I think we're seeing a language barrier, really.  Then again, that was why I included pictures...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been trying this with some HDT-PE enabled items, but have had no luck what so ever. The objects are static in game, and as far as I can tell, they do not have a body attached to add the body name in the default xml (though I have tried adding entries in the .xml with whatever names I did find in the files). How can I get these HDT-PE enabled items to work with SMP?

• 6 months later...

This should be stuck to the top of the sub-forum.

I'd been putting off the SMP switch time and again because of the effort required to convert outfits, but goddamn if this isn't just the kind of quick fix I needed. It worked flawlessly. Like any "batch" job it's far from perfect, but it's excellent for what it does, the problems are minor, and confined to specific outfits that can be fixed later with OS and/or xml editing. Took about 100min, and that's with my obsessive digging through every mod I'd forgotten I had hunting down outfits. More organized people could indeed do this in the advertised 10min.

Excellent work.

• 6 months later...

Can't seem to find clear cut answers to my questions.  If you can please answer the following questions so I can better understand this.

1. It replaces the original HDT, it's not an addon?

2. If I have a lot of mods/bodies based on the old HDT will they still work even if I don't convert them (though obviously not at same level as SMP)?

3. Is it installed like a mod or is it something else?

4. Are there any bodies it does not work with?

5. (If the answer to 2 is no) I have a mod, the succubus race lite, that uses a bodytype.  I don't know what kind it is, but I can't edit it via bodyslide to my knowledge.  It relies on HDT to work it seems.  All my other race bodies use CBBE.  Will it be effected or is there a way I can keep it functional?

I think that's all for now.  But truthfully I really don't understand the differences.  There are some cool SMP outfits, but I don't want to ruin my whole mod list trying to get it to work for a few outfits.  Especially if it makes my many others unusable.  I've not had the most success with outfit studio or bodyslide.  I'm using MO2 which can confuse things for those tools.

Edit:  I just went for it.  MUCH easier than I thought it would be.  If somebody had just explained it better to me to begin with i wouldn't have had these questions.  All the more technical talk surrounding it confused me initially.

Archived