Installation Guide with Lovers, MBP and Wyre with Bashed Patch

I installed everything as accordingly and it works well. only thing is the women in the whole realm have really ugly faces and spinning eyes... which is kind of creepy.. what did i do wrong?

MBP is a passive mod - that means it does NOT replace vanilla NPC's, rather is just sits like a data base so other plugins can use it. You will have to install another program that "uses" MBP to do that or install something like XeoSP++.

I installed everything as accordingly and it works well. only thing is the women in the whole realm have really ugly faces and spinning eyes... which is kind of creepy.. what did i do wrong?

MBP is a passive mod - that means it does NOT replace vanilla NPC's' date=' rather is just sits like a data base so other plugins can use it. You will have to install another program that "uses" MBP to do that or install something like XeoSP++.

[/quote']

... i have nooo idea what you just said :s

sooo,. what do i download and how do i install it from here on? are you saying that my vanilla NPCs thingy isn't working? should I be trying to fix it? and how?

thanks for replying tho. much appreciated.

@dexxl:

Terms:

Vanilla = what comes with the game when you buy\install it.

Replacer = replaces vanilla things, be they NPC's, creatures, grass, sky or anything else.

Passive or resource = means it serves as a data base of things which other plugins can use (like NPc's, creatures, grass, sky or anything else) but on its own does nothing to the actual game.

MBP is passive (or you could call it a resource file). It will never effect the vanilla game until some other plugin is installed.

Now if you want MBP to effect your vanilla NPC's then you will need to install it (MBP) and THEN install something like this: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=3087 The plugin at that link is a "replacer" that uses MBP as a resource to change vanilla NPC's.

-------------------------------------

Now XeoSP++ is completely different in that it is a replacer. It replaces vanilla NPC's with its files without needing any other plugin.

That is as basic as I can make it. Hope that helps.

Thanks alot for this installation guide. Skyrim simply aint great so back to oblivion my old love.

Just reinstalled and followed all instructions, and while doing my first back I started to look for new stuff and before I knew installed like 50 mods. Backing up after installing those took like 2h hah (27Gb rar file). Now gonna start with lovers wish me luck ;)

to dexxl: I also had very ugly faces a certain moment and in my case happened while installing Robert Male body replacer, I choose some head that made all male and some female faces very odd. Took me while before I found out it was that mod that did it (luckily I followed advice and backed up after part 1).

I am unsure if eurn is a reason for crash, I have that one 2 I simply put it in my data folder (I do as much as possible manual), I didnt wire bash/patch that one, I wire bash as little as possible as I never used that program till some days ago. I prefer mod manager but thats only because I am to lazy to learn wire bash :)

If you use Robert male omod just deactivate/reactivate it (play with options), maybe yr lucky.

I am newbe to modding Oblivion and Wyre Bash your instructional was a good basis for me to learn how to bash, It got me past that oo soo scary learning curve.

I have never been very good at reading a tech manual in its entirety and directly apply it to real world applications without a little trial and error.

You have given me the visual aid and tips of your experience.

So now I am not timid about using Wyre Bash any more, It actually helped making my other mods more stable almost no crashing the program now.

Good job and thank you. :)

I am back! Looks like the modding has gotten amazingly easier with better tutorials and files. congrats guys.

Havent been here for a year and a half and already everythings looking better! Good job everyone!

I have to add though with the patches for Oblivion, do you have to install the unofficial patches? It doesn't really make that clear.

Razarkis I have a simple request for all others on here, Can you make a detailed tutorial for just normal lovers with PK? I didn't want the BBB stuff and some other things and I didn't know what things conflicted with what if I didn't install certain things that you were saying this is needed for this etc to work.

What I have been trying to do is get the OOO installation with the normal quick installation made by Ashal (Quick Installation Guide) without having all the extra stuff making it more complicated. But still I just want the basic stuff with all the Hgec and body replacers and everything else as choices for the skins textures etc.

I think a basic installation should be made as well concerning this one. Maybe a combining of both for a basic installation type thing getting all the basics for those who cannot follow some steps or do not want certain things in their game that takes forever to figure out.

It seems with all tutorials there is a kind of I like this more then this thus you skip out on what someone else maybe wants cause they don't fancy your choices. I think in the future I'll pop around here and there maybe helping out. I don't know. I haven't been here for a loooong time. Just getting back into Oblivion.

I did not read through the entire thread so pardon any duplication of suggestions.

Suggestions/Recommendations

Section 3 - Name it in bold Oblivion Tools

Add BOSS download and install there and not so much later in section 10. Add text to read up on what a BOSS masterlist and userlist is, how they work and what they do. Add that BOSS will only get you to about an 80% - 90% 'good' load order, the remaining will need to be done manually, hence the need to read up on BOSS. (This last part is totally dependent on MODs installed.)

f) The 4gb patcher - I suggest adding this link also: 4GB EXE Patcher Why? Well, as you can read there, not every user's O/S (and subsequently Oblivion MODed config.) can benefit from it. It's one of those "It depends" cases.

For all tools - Add some text instructing users to a) read the read me.txt files, B) read a tutorial on how to use the tool, c) take time to actually learn how to use each tool by using the readme.txt and/or tutorials.

This alone should start addressing a large number of posts I've seen repeated over and over again, here on LL, on Hongfire, and also other Oblivion forums.

Canned Question for All Newbies: Did you read the read me file? Did you read a tutorial on how to use the tool? If the answer is no to either or both, go back to section 3 and do so now! DO NOT PROCEED until you fully comprehend it.

For those sections where you mention MOD read me.txt files, make it BOLD so it stands out.

There should IMO be pauses inserted where the current build gets tested in-game for issues. If no issues ONLY then should they proceed to add more.

And in case anyone hasn't picked up on it yet, the key to building a fairly complex Oblivion install is...

Reading, Reading and More Reading!!!

Read and Learn How to Use Your Oblivion tools!!!

Gradual, incremental MOD additions and TEST, TEST, TEST leads to SUCCESS!!!

My 2 cents worth, after taxes...

Im on step 11 as of this post and after going ingame and checking everything, i have like 30 different races some with some fucked up textures (i can see the textures fine, they just look low def and or not matching) and others look fine.

Im not sure if its suppose to be this way and i choose the race that has the good looking textures thats why theres so many races, or if i screwed something up?

Im on step 11 as of this post and after going ingame and checking everything' date=' i have like 30 different races some with some fucked up textures (i can see the textures fine, they just look low def and or not matching) and others look fine.

Im not sure if its suppose to be this way and i choose the race that has the good looking textures thats why theres so many races, or if i screwed something up?

[/quote']

Do you know how to take a screen capture and post it here? If you do that someone with experience using this install guide may be able to help you.

My best guess is that since this install guide uses a mix of textures, it may be normal to see some that look really good, and others that look like crap as the texture sets vary and only get applied to specific races. Some are hi rez textures look good in-game, low rez textures look like crap.

There's also a switch in your Oblivion ini file to turn off/on head rendering which, depending on setting will produce good or bad results, depending on texture sets used. I forget what it's called, someone else can post it hopefully, or just run a Google search on "Optimizing Oblivion" or "Oblivion Tweaks".

If you use High Rez Skin Textures for HGEC by Ozmo you may also want to try the head texture install pack by the same author. Just do a author search on TESNEXUS and it should be in their list of MODs.

Some of the textures in the OMOD files may also be a root cause of crappy looking stuff. I don't use OMODs any more (or very rarely) for this very reason, as it will over-write anything good you install manually.

As pointed out in the guide, you can always go back and make further improvements to textures later. You'll want to identify by race which ones are an issue and then target those and look for better texture sets.

There's also a switch in your Oblivion ini file to turn off/on head rendering which' date=' depending on setting will produce good or bad results, depending on texture sets used. I forget what it's called, someone else can post it hopefully, or just run a Google search on "Optimizing Oblivion" or "Oblivion Tweaks".

[/quote']

bFaceGenTexturing=0

If set to 0, Face Generator textures are removed from faces - this means they will all look smooth and lack things like age lines. This also helps the body and face textures match a bit better.

Seems to be looking a lot better after dropping in the large 2048 texture pack.

But a couple issues im having with the lovers mod. When i try and cast the Rape (on contact) spell, i just hit them and they get angry at me. I then try and do the rape config spell on contact and the NPC is on "can not be raped" i force change it to allow it but still doesnt let me.

second issue is when i engage in sex, my partner (havent tried a female) doesnt completely get naked, just enough to have their penis stick thru clothing.

Seems to be looking a lot better after dropping in the large 2048 texture pack.

But a couple issues im having with the lovers mod. When i try and cast the Rape (on contact) spell' date=' i just hit them and they get angry at me. I then try and do the rape config spell on contact and the NPC is on "can not be raped" i force change it to allow it but still doesnt let me.

second issue is when i engage in sex, my partner (havent tried a female) doesnt completely get naked, just enough to have their penis stick thru clothing.

[/quote']

There is a section for these type of problems. Please read this: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=6133 and if that doesn't fix things then open a thread here: http://www.loverslab.com/Forum-Technical-Support--35

But a couple issues im having with the lovers mod. When i try and cast the Rape (on contact) spell' date=' i just hit them and they get angry at me. I then try and do the rape config spell on contact and the NPC is on "can not be raped" i force change it to allow it but still doesnt let me.

[/quote']

Well at least for this one that is "By Design" for RaperS, if that is what you are using. Rape on Contact is only valid AFTER you damage the NPC you are trying to rape. Plus, rape is seen as an attack so be careful using it in town or responsible NPCs will call the guards on you. Will not happen if NPC is of an negative disposition towards your PC (or evil faction?); Bandits, Necromancers, etc.

You can also go into sneak mode and rape from behind much more successfully, IF you have read or reviewed and set various Lovers AND RaperS settings correctly.

Always follow gregathit's advice first...

I guess Oscuro's' date=' and mbp are just optional?

[/quote']

I don't think the word 'option' really captures what they are. A personal 'choice' would be a better way of describing them.

Oscuro's seems to be a combo beautification/patch/bug fix OMOD, so an option of sorts, but really a choice of how to build, MOD and fix your specific Oblivion setup. You can use that or in the OP follow the link to Ashal's approach, which doesn't use OOO. I originally (1+ year ago) used Ashal's approach and never had to touch OOO.

MBP is both a beautification MOD (Japanese style) plus it adds new races, AND some add-on MODs are very dependent on it. Again, I didn't go with the this OMOD version, as it didn't exist yet. That and I prefer to decompile OMODs and check what exactly is getting installed, and if it has the potential to overwrite anything I installed previously; most especially meshes and textures.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I have wished for so long is a lovers package that is written and compiled for use to everyone. One simple omod ready version that installs everything you need from the latest updated versions all compiled together. Like for example the Lovers package combined with the donkeys improved animations and everything etc. All in one ready to use. Then you just add the things you want that weren't included (the mods) and done.

I do know the thing with Donkey I know. I know him personally on here from the past. :P

This is just something that would of been simpler for all users. Now the downloading of OOO, it has major conflicts with some lovers mods. But anyways.

What should be done is the combination of the updating of packs. 4shared also is the best place to put all this. Also BUDungeon was deleted from 4shared. The core Budungeon from the Japanese site. I was just there and its gone. But I need BUDungeon for Bravil underground to work..

Bravil underground that I am getting right now, cause I have uninstalled everything, seeing if I could run OOO with just the normal body replacers etc (roberts bodies male and female v12) and the basic mods of lovers worked out pretty well.

Though I could not add the BU dungeon stuff and bravil underground because I didn't have DMRA and stuff like that. It really bummed me out cause I really hate anime textures etc. It does not work well with Oblivions look. I'm sorry but the anime stuff bugs me. I don't hate anime but for certain things it just does not look right.

I am seeing right now when this MBP download all in one pack sees my expectations. I just want normal looking people but also want BUDungeon and Bravil underground and some other things. I played them back in the day when it was just a simple install and any texture stuff worked with it. Now it only prefers certain textures or it won't work properly.

The main thing though is many mods now that are updated are only updated from a preferred play style which include textures and looks of females and males so they are no longer compatible with those who want to make their people look more realistic and stuff like that. It kind of bums me out..

A common thing for all modders is to have their mods compatible with other installs and normal texture packs etc. Having to have (you must have BBB and MBP installed for this to work) its kind of getting into an overhaulish hell pit of needing the modders preferred play textures where some may think "no it just does not work with me".

:\

So that is my thoughts for today.

Also

I guess I will also be going with sexualized monsters as it adds female and male creatures but is not compatible with OOO. I am going to see how that looks! :D

Bravil Underground does NOT require anything from BUDungeon so I have no clue what you are goiing on about. Also, since when is OOO having problems with lovers? Bravil UG also does NOT require any certain type of body, hell you can use the vanilla non-nude bodies and it will still work.

Now Bravil UG does require MBP so maybe that is what you are talking about.

I have said it before and I will say it again, I am not going to make, maintain, or support any kind of all-in-one lovers package as it just isn't feasible. There are plugins that are not compatible with one another and multiple versions of some plugins. You can get everything to work by doing a bit of reading and if that is too hard for folks then they will just have to do without or go over to hongfire and using their AIO.

I am all for aiding folks and making easy to follow instructions so if you have questions, comments or thoughts for improving the existing guides on the site or even making new ones then I will provide whatever support I can.

While female creatures may add a bit of variety to the game, lovers with pk can't and won't use them. There are no animations made for them.