Installation Guide with Lovers, MBP and Wyre with Bashed Patch

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

what does it mean on step 4 by zip it up how do i do that 

You should backup your Oblivion, the whole game folder.

You can pack it as zip or rar or 7z

Or you can copy it on a external hard drive.

But you don't have to do it. It's not part of the installation, But if you install the game again you can use the packed/backuped folder.

what does it mean on step 4 by zip it up how do i do that 

You should backup your Oblivion, the whole game folder.

You can pack it as zip or rar or 7z

Or you can copy it on a external hard drive.

But you don't have to do it. It's not part of the installation, But if you install the game again you can use the packed/backuped folder.

thank you 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have to say. I really appreciate this tutorial. I've come back many times over the last four or five years i've been modding stuff and this always helps me to refresh and get started up. thank you very much for the hard work that went into this. 

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

WyreBash:

If you know how to change a esp/ESM you do not need it.

Example: Many race mods change/overwrite vanilla meshes and textures.

If a Mod race overwrite the vanilla eye meshes and add new textures all othe races that use the eyes are affected.

And there are 3 (or more) eye meshes variants that all need different textures.

If race Mod A add new eye  textures and use the vanilla eye meshes...  And race  Mod B  overwrite the vanilla eye meshes and add own textures.... then race Mod A eye textures does not work with the meshes from Mod B ( Eyes are black or you see only half of the eye texture )

I would change any Mod that overwrite vanilla meshes and textures with not matching or different versions.

I put the Mod meshes  and textures in new folders and change the path in the esp with TES4Edit or CS.  No conflicts, problems during installation ,...

If you can not do it or don't want to do it you use WyreBash, it will take care of the conflicts and overwritings .

I don't know how. If all Mods only use one eye and textures set ?  I never used WyreBash.

--------------

Also other conflicts you can "remove" with WyreBash.  If two or more Mods change the same level list ( the spawning lists for creatures, NPCs (like Bandits)  or items in containers )  the last Mod in load order wins and this level list will be used. So you will not see new creatures or items from Mods above in the load order.

-----------------

GOG:  don't know.  Some years ago GOG and modding Oblivion was shit...  but maybe it has changed.

• 5 months later...
10 minutes ago, GammaRadiatedCookie said:

I decided to try Oblivion for a spin (since it's on sale on Steam) and am gonna use this guide. I would assume that the official patches are unnecessary since it is the GOTY edition, right? Also, all the steps are the same, right? I would assume that not much has changed over the years.

Maybe some things to keep in mind before you start with Mods

Game NOT in C : program files !!!

No Nexus or Vortex Modmanger !

No mod sorting with LOOT

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/36443-oblivion-install-gametoolsbodiesbbbmod-sorting-and-cleaningcs-cse-body-stretching/?do=findComment&comment=915257

Also an install guide but without the (ugly) MBP

And yes in the GOTY version are all DLCs.  And I hope the game is patched to version _v1.2.0416  , but you will see it when you start the game.

16 hours ago, fejeena said:

Maybe some things to keep in mind before you start with Mods

Game NOT in C : program files !!!

No Nexus or Vortex Modmanger !

No mod sorting with LOOT

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/36443-oblivion-install-gametoolsbodiesbbbmod-sorting-and-cleaningcs-cse-body-stretching/?do=findComment&comment=915257

Also an install guide but without the (ugly) MBP

And yes in the GOTY version are all DLCs.  And I hope the game is patched to version _v1.2.0416  , but you will see it when you start the game.

What does the MBP do? I may go with that guide if it's truly not worth in my eyes.

Edit: Nvm. I may try to get it to work

MBP  add new  races  and  it add new eyes and hair for vanilla races.

It does not change the NPC ( if you don't install a extra mod )  so you will see the new races, eyes and hair only when you create a new player character. ( or you  use a Mod that needs MBP )

1 hour ago, fejeena said:

MBP  add new  races  and  it add new eyes and hair for vanilla races.

It does not change the NPC ( if you don't install a extra mod )  so you will see the new races, eyes and hair only when you create a new player character. ( or you  use a Mod that needs MBP )

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try it out anyway.

Looking at a couple of the posts below the original is just confusing me even further. Do I really have to install HGEC for DMRA or no? Also, I found this post about a complete DMRA with BBB. Is this fine to replace the female steps of 6? Also, would I install the skeleton afterwards? I thought it would be before but, I guess not...

You can use a body you want.  But best you use  one that has a full  vanilla armor-clothes replacer.  DMRA is a HGEC body, it use HGEC textures

See my link https://www.loverslab.com/topic/36443-oblivion-install-gametoolsbodiesbbb-load-order-sorting-espesm-cleaning-cs-cse-body-stretching/?tab=comments#comment-915257

scroll down to "nude Body mods" and the spoiler "Some female armor clothes replacers:"  that are almost all full replacer.  For other bodies you will find only  a few or no vanilla raplacer.

You can install DMRA body and the "DMRA BBB Complete"  armor-clothes replacer you posted.

If you want smaller tits install  HGEC E cup   ( or without BBB  C  or A cup )

------------------

And if you  install a BBB  body  and/or clothes you have to install the Universal skeleton , or the BBB tits will stretch all over the screen.

Even if you install Lovers later you should install the skeleton to test your game !  ( Lovers will overwrite the skeleton , it use a own skeleton )

Test often !   Do not install everything and then try to play...  If it does not work  you don't know when you made  a mistake and you have to  install  everything again.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, SexulPenut said:

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/47591?tab=description

Would this modlist work with all the mods in this tutorial and most lovers lab mods other than races

For Lovers you need female HGEC body ( Body with HGEC Textures, can be HGEC, DM, DMRA, Mange , ... )   Best a  body with bouncing boobs (BBB)

and male body Roberts V5.

You can not use Roberts female body.

----------------------

Most other Mods you can use with Lovers.

So you can use the modlist.  OCO2 has a HGEC and Roberts male patch.

But if you use Lovers Creatures (animal Sex ) you should not install the Creatures replacer.

! If you use LoversPayBandits  and/or LoversTrueCrime : Mods that change guards and prisions can conflict. Maybe the 2 Lovers Mods or the "other" Mods will not work right.

-----------------------------------------

! Some tips  !   With rong installed game  Lovers will not work.

Read   https://www.loverslab.com/topic/36443-oblivion-install-gametoolsbodiesbbb-load-order-sorting-espesm-cleaning-cs-cse-body-stretching/

Is just the minimum you need to play lovers.  No beautification, effects, gameplay changes and overhauls. And no MBP !

And do not install all Mods at once ! Install 2-3 Mods then test your game. If you install 50 Mods and the game doesn't work you don't know where and when you made a mistake. You can only install everything again.

If you never played Oblivion , or never played with Mods , the Nexus Mod list is much to big.

Pick some things you like  and play and learn. You can install other things later.

51 minutes ago, fejeena said:

For Lovers you need female HGEC body ( Body with HGEC Textures, can be HGEC, DM, DMRA, Mange , ... )   Best a  body with bouncing boobs (BBB)

and male body Roberts V5.

You can not use Roberts female body.

----------------------

Most other Mods you can use with Lovers.

So you can use the modlist.  OCO2 has a HGEC and Roberts male patch.

But if you use Lovers Creatures (animal Sex ) you should not install the Creatures replacer.

! If you use LoversPayBandits  and/or LoversTrueCrime : Mods that change guards and prisions can conflict. Maybe the 2 Lovers Mods or the "other" Mods will not work right.

-----------------------------------------

! Some tips  !   With rong installed game  Lovers will not work.

Read   https://www.loverslab.com/topic/36443-oblivion-install-gametoolsbodiesbbb-load-order-sorting-espesm-cleaning-cs-cse-body-stretching/

Is just the minimum you need to play lovers.  No beautification, effects, gameplay changes and overhauls. And no MBP !

And do not install all Mods at once ! Install 2-3 Mods then test your game. If you install 50 Mods and the game doesn't work you don't know where and when you made a mistake. You can only install everything again.

If you never played Oblivion , or never played with Mods , the Nexus Mod list is much to big.

Pick some things you like  and play and learn. You can install other things later.

So as long as it is only textures, thanks glad you replied so quick

• 1 year later...

I'm using the Steam version of Oblivion, and I believe I've installed everything properly, yet when I have sex with an NPC, the animations don't work, they just stand there together, and the animated penis doesn't display right, it stretches, any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Not familiar with steam version... but let's go through a checklist:

1. Oblivion was NOT... installed in the C:\Program Files (or Program Files (x86) ) directory, correct?  LAPF will not work if so.  Choose your own folder instead.
  2. You got good HGEC Female and Roberts Male nude bodies.
  3. You installed the Growlf Universal Skeleton. Sure' parts are overwritten... but it's a definite must.
  4. I hope you grabbed NoMaam BBB animations :P
  5. You did NOT use ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated from Nexus Mods (old and obsolete)
  6. THEN you installed LAPF.
  7. And you altered the order of the mods into position using the recommended mod order (check the yellow link in my sig if not).

Within the LAPF package, there is an LAPF Installation Instructions.txt file.  It is more detailed that what I outlined and covered other things.  What it did not cover was step 1 involving the need to AVOID the Program Files folder and step 7 involving mod order.

* URL links to Nexus mods in the instruction file is off.  While the files do exist, the urls are out of date in structure.  But note that the thread ID is correct. 

A link like http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/23979/?

has now since been changed to https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/23979/?

(Note the Thread ID I highlighted in pink)

In general, the mod order (at the very basic) is...

Oblivion.esm

Lovers with PK.esm

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Male Body Replacer.esp

Knights.esp

Lovers with PK.esp

LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp

LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp

Not that the last two are ALWAYS the last two in that order (with the exception of Lovers3DOrgasm :P ).  The yellow link has a very expansive example with notes where certain mods not listed would belong (like overhauls, item mods, companion mods, toaster ovens, etc).

Edited by LongDukDong
Notes on NexusMods URL change from the instructions
  • 1 year later...
On 7/29/2021 at 12:44 AM, LongDukDong said:

Not familiar with steam version... but let's go through a checklist:

1. Oblivion was NOT... installed in the C:\Program Files (or Program Files (x86) ) directory, correct?  LAPF will not work if so.  Choose your own folder instead.
  2. You got good HGEC Female and Roberts Male nude bodies.
  3. You installed the Growlf Universal Skeleton. Sure' parts are overwritten... but it's a definite must.
  4. I hope you grabbed NoMaam BBB animations :P
  5. You did NOT use ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated from Nexus Mods (old and obsolete)
  6. THEN you installed LAPF.
  7. And you altered the order of the mods into position using the recommended mod order (check the yellow link in my sig if not).

Within the LAPF package, there is an LAPF Installation Instructions.txt file.  It is more detailed that what I outlined and covered other things.  What it did not cover was step 1 involving the need to AVOID the Program Files folder and step 7 involving mod order.

* URL links to Nexus mods in the instruction file is off.  While the files do exist, the urls are out of date in structure.  But note that the thread ID is correct. 

A link like http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/23979/?

has now since been changed to https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/23979/?

(Note the Thread ID I highlighted in pink)

In general, the mod order (at the very basic) is...

Oblivion.esm

Lovers with PK.esm

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Male Body Replacer.esp

Knights.esp

Lovers with PK.esp

LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp

LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp

Not that the last two are ALWAYS the last two in that order (with the exception of Lovers3DOrgasm :P ).  The yellow link has a very expansive example with notes where certain mods not listed would belong (like overhauls, item mods, companion mods, toaster ovens, etc).

If I remember correctly steam wont allow you to play the game unless its in the program files. (Being it happened to me when I followed a tutorial on fallout 4 and they wanted everything outside the program files.)