Installation Guide with Lovers, MBP and Wyre with Bashed Patch

Before I inetiveably screw up somewhere along the way, is there any major changes one needs to do for this install setup if one has the Steam copy of the game? I know for a fact that as far as I know it doesn't let me choose location for downloads, so I'll be stuck to where it usually goes in that case :s

As is, currently uninstalling most of the work I did before, so I don't fuzz up somewhere along the line

EDIT: Major snag - When downloading Wyre Bash, it doesn't appear onto my system at all D: I download it, even into a seperate area, and it doesn't seem to appear at all.

You have to install Wrye and not just download it.

As to steam, you can put steam anywhere you want.  If you installed steam to the default location (in your program files directory) then you already messed up.  You can leave it there and risk mods not working right or you can move steam to something like C:\Steam or C:\Games\Steam or even move it to another drive.  

The good news is you don't have to uninstall all your games to do this.  Here is how:  https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

Once you move steam then the only thing you will end up doing different than folks who have the retail version is in how you install and use OBSE.  The instructions for installation and use of OBSE are right in the readme.txt contained in the archive file.

Cheers,

Greg

• 7 months later...

Is the pyff mesh and textures really necessary? It's said to turn the game into a resource hog, and I don't think my machine can handle that.

Where does it say this? I'd like to read it myself.

The necessary part is written on the instructions on the first page, and the resource/CPU hog part is written on the pyff mesh topic.

No.  I don't use them myself.  This step is completely optional.

They are useful if you want to help get back a couple of FPS.  What they are is an optimized mesh and texture.  However, depending on "what" was optimized it may or may not help you.  For example, if you optimized a high rez texture you may take a little less of a hit on FPS but you still will take a hit.  It just helps a bit.  Those bits can really add up depending on what all you have installed.

Personally, I stick with 1024 textures and I optimize all my meshes by hand so this doesn't gain me anything.  

Just like whether you install UOP or go with OOO.  Its your call which you want to do.

I personally have not seen a major gain with optimizing textures. Meshes, absolutely. Combine that with the 4GB patch and it often provides a somewhat significant FPS gain, your mileage will vary, depending on a medium to large number of other factors. You can also get optimized meshes for the default Oblivion meshes, pack them into a BSA file, and replace the originals. I'm still undecided if a BSA archive is really better, optimization or resource utilization-wise, than separate files in folders.

And to be clear going to low-rez textures is not what I consider an optimization. You're gaining performance by sacrificing quality. But if you are truely resource challenged you may not have a choice.

As already pointed out by gregathit above, and a general rule of thumb, individuals that are hardware/resource challenged shouldn't be using hi rez textures, even the 2048s. And like gregathit, I now do optimization via NifSkope, sometimes PyFFi if I have a lot to rework.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

A++ for this guide, its super helpful

however im haveing a smalish issue with load order, im trying to arange the files manually. and i was doing fine untill step 14. i have all of the mods it shows on list, the problem is i have 4 mods below the bashed patch on wer, and odly, when i try to adjust their load order by moving them up the list, it will only swap them with another file, after that i can move them as i wish. however, the file it 'swaped' with, has to be moved up aswell, and i cannot move the bashed patch file at all.. is there a reason for this?

***update** i eventually found the error on my own, some of the mods were created with a bad creation date as in 2020 which made them imoveable. so i had to redate them, now they move around just fine. 

ok so now im actually getiing errors. 

i am able to start the game just fine so far and play through it without any game breaking issues but the bugs i noticed so far are:

Armor missing : on specific npcs the armor is invisble, causeing their bodies to be invisible aswell, on bandits the armor ive noticed so far thats affected is the fur armor.

weird yellow polygons, all over the start dungeon there are weird yellow plygons with some type of tomestone shaped gray polygon on either side of it. litterally looks like a 3 demensional plastic ad in. cant figure out whats causeing them, but im thinking they are related to light sources.

and im also getting an error message stating that loversetbody needs to be ch2....?

Yellow wtf polygons in the starter dungeon have nothing to do with lovers or mbp. They don't mess with such stuff. Unless you tell us what mods do you have, such as by posting the load order, we can't really tell anything about your problem either.

And just in case, have you got all the lovers plugins from hongfire or any other site and overwritten them with something in here? loverssetbody isn't something that is popular amoung LL folks.

my mods --

00 Oblivion.esm
01 Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm [Version 1.35Beta]
02 Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm
03 Lovers with PK.esm
04 x117race.esm
05 Chanpon.esm
06 TamagoClub.esm
07 LoversCreature.esm
08 DLCShiveringIsles.esp
09 Living Economy.esp
0A Living Economy - Items.esp
0B Cutthroat Merchants.esp
++ MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp
0C Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp [Version 1.35Beta]
0D Knights.esp
0E LoversFSE.esp
0F LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp
10 LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp
11 LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp
12 LoversRaperS.esp
13 Lovers with PK.esp [Version 96v5]
14 LoversAdultYield.esp
15 LoversMagic.esp
16 LoversTamagoClub.esp
++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed CustomRace.esp
17 Level_Rates_Modified_x4.esp
18 DiabloEF 6 in 1.esp
19 Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Sheogorath Eye.esp
++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race.esp
++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Modules.esp
++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Modules.esp
++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp
++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged RoseSims Hair Modules.esp
++ x117 Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp
++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Chocolate Elves.esp
++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Cute Elves.esp
++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable BandBlindMask.esp
++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Nec Mystic High Elf Remake.esp
++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed ENG Race.esp
1A x117race.esp
++ x117Race ENG Race.esp
1B CHILDREN ANNUAD.esp
1C Lop-ears Elf_mini.esp
1D LoversSetBody.esp
1E Lovers with PK Extender.esp [Version 2.4.3]
1F LoversBed.esp
20 VipCxj_HighHeels.esp
21 VipCxjHHTest.esp
22 LoversCreature_SexualOrgans.esp
23 LoversCreature_SexualOrgans_Dogs.esp
24 LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp
25 LoversBrothel.esp
26 LoversCalm.esp
27 LoversEncounter.esp
28 LoversEscapeRapeVPlayer.esp
29 LoversSlaveTrader.esp
2A LoversSoundCreature.esp [Version 0.1.0]
2B LoversSummonRapeman.esp
2C Bashed Patch, 0.esp
2D LoversUnicorn.esp
2E LoversRapeStruggle.esp
2F LoversRapeSlave.esp
30 Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul - Knights of Nine.esp
31 Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul - No Daedric Items.esp
32 LoversMB2.esp
33 OOO-Respawn_Two_Week.esp [Version 1.33]

00  Oblivion.esm

i did have the BU dungeon and all of its respective mods so i removed it believing that it was an error caused by the armor replacement and such, but several restarts did not fix either the polygons, or the incvisible armor.

Your load order is a bloody mess. It's a freaking wonder your game even starts.

Arrange whatever plugins you have from this load order, according to it:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/4487-please-read-before-posting-here/?p=100862

For starters, these need to be at the absolute bottom of your load order:

LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp

LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp

Invisible armors are caused by missing\faulty texture files. The "yellow polygons" are missing model files. You've installed something without installing the meshes\textures for it and that's what's causing the issues. But even if you got them, if you don't fix your load order you'll have far worse issues later on.

appologies, while i am used to useing some mods on skyrim, ive never had to use this many significant mods in cunjunction, the only mod list i had to go by was the 1 on this thread.  and actually, i did have to fix the load order several times to get it to work, some of the mods will not run togather..

all of the yellow polygons i noticed in the very first chapter of the game, in the caves used to escape from the dungeon. it looks as if ill have to restart from a backup to figure out which mod messed up those textures. ty though, i appreciate the assistance.

If I was to venture a guess, I'd say it's either Living Economy - which I don't know what it does - or OOO. Try reinstalling these two, specifically their meshes and textures, and see if this helps.

Also, since you're a Skyrim mod user, did you remember to archive invalidate via BSA re-direction once (unlike, for example, FNIS you only need to do this once regardless of how many mods you installed afterwards)?

And did you remember to disable your Lovers mods when you rebuilt your Bashed Patch? And to rebuild it after installing everything (still with Lovers mods disabled)? Bashed Patch is, in fact, like FNIS in that you have to rebuild it after every mod you want included in it (every mod that does not include excessive amounts of scripts).

Your other mods don't look like they'd have meshes\textures that change the starting dungeon, so if that doesn't help there could be a bigger problem at play.

• 2 months later...

First of all I want to thank you for this great guide. If not for you I would likely have lost all interest in modding Oblivion fairly soon. But now I am intrigued and committed.

Now I have an issue I can't solve and apologize upfront for my lack of search skills, but I am trying for weeks now on my own and it leads to nowhere.

As mentioned I just started this and have no idea what I am doing.

I followed your guide to step 12.)

Everything is in order until I install OOO. There are missing meshes and missing textures everywhere. No NPC's just big exclamation marks or invisible armours. Could someone help me out or advise?

Edit, because this might be importante... I could not install OOO with wrye bash. It just doesnt show up in the installers tab. Used OMM instead.

Thanks in advance.

Q

Edited by QTarantino

wow, thanks for all the help.  I have been reinstalling all this on a laptop because my main pc is slowly dying (will be getting another but until then......) and it has gone wonderfully even though I last insalled a couple of years ago....this time was much easier and all my thanks.  many kisses and hugs.

• 1 month later...

So..it being a new year, do all of the instructions from the OP still hold true? Or have there been changes that make things work better, or make any of the listed steps obsolete? And if so, would it be possible for the changed steps to be listed? eg, the link to the 295 WRYE, rather than the crappy new one, links to the better-working MBP files, body files (since LAPF relies on a body file other than the one listed here) and the like? 

The guide here http://www.loverslab.com/topic/23-quick-installation-guide/could also use a touch-up; at the very least, redirecting the links to the newer "nexusmods" page rather than "tesnexus". 

I know this may be asking a lot, and I'd try and do these myself, but college has not been kind to my free time. And honestly, I'd just likely screw up some minor but very important step.

I updated the quick install thread as I have been the one that was maintaining it. I did change the Wrye Bash link to 295 as I can't stand the latest version either.

I'll take a peek at the OP of this thread this weekend if I get time. Not much really has changed however.

The LAPF doesn't rely on any one body type. The update allows all sorts of body types. I just picked the most popular ones as the defaults.

Cheers,

Greg

• 1 month later...