Usually how many times do you masturbate?

Guest Tony's Bark

Usually how many times do you masturbate usually?   

184 members have voted

1. 1. How many times do you masturbate. Average?

10 hours ago, Farmthat said:

I think it's healthy for most, to a degree, but not necessary for others depending on factors like sex drive and relationship status.

I'm starting to think the same. Straight women do appear less at ease with the subject than lesbian women and straight males, which may imply that they practice it less. Could be a matter of libido indeed.  million_dollar_baby.gif

Although I fuck for more than half of my life, and I'm 28, I'm in no position to make a generalizing statement as to what the one or the other does or prefers and why to cum good. All I can say is that for me masturbation is part of sex life in general which is at least partly imagination anyway and thus it doesn't stop when a partner is lying next to me or comes over me, whatever the gender is. I can do both at the same time, and that is what gives me the xtra ummph. Without masturbation parallel to getting fucked or using a toy there is no boom cum, at least not for me. Thus I never ever switch of my imagination, it's either in the foreground when alone or in the background when not so alone. True is, serious health problems and especially stress might easily reduce and perhaps even terminate the willingness to masturbate, simply because of the dominant distraction they inevitably cause.

Have fun masturbating, alone or together, and if your life extends into the virtual world you can also chaturbate with other horny souls, if you must.

:banana:

Look, among others I had straight men, but I don't enter the thin ice of making generalizing statements about billions of people based on a mere idea of something. That's why I reduce myself to me, myself and I. You might do the same, not to play the foolish know-it-all at the end of the day.

48 minutes ago, TheWhite said:

I'm not that self centred. I see what is happening in the world ;)

And exactly that is your problem - you are self-centered whereas I can only speak for myself. Believing to know what's going on out there behind closed doors w/o knowing every Dick, Tom and Jane personally is just that - self-centered, the gatekeeper of an imagined universal truth. Or are you referring to the virtual world in which all sorts of feminists, sexists and other exotic -ists talk much just to cheat their small numbers? Do you think that's air you're breathing here? Hmm.

:mouse_white:

On 5.12.2017 at 1:58 PM, TheWhite said:

I never masturbate. Don't have the need. If I want sex, I'll get a man.

who that claiming, is a liar!
everyone, no matter whether male or female starts with the first sexual experiences on yourself!
and believe me, it is the most normal thing in the world. ;)

23 minutes ago, Jazzman said:

And exactly that is your problem - you are self-centered whereas I can only speak for myself. Believing to know what's going on out there behind closed doors w/o knowing every Dick, Tom and Jane personally is just that - self-centered, the gatekeeper of an imagined universal truth. Or are you referring to the virtual world in which all sorts of feminists, sexists and other exotic -ists talk much just to cheat their small numbers? Do you think that's air you're breathing here? Hmm.

:mouse_white:

Jazzman, she's lying. lachende-smileys-349.gif

2 hours ago, TheWhite said:

Could be a matter of straight women just preferring dick?  (...) And for straight women it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy easier to get sex whenever they want it. (...) For most of them it's definitely not preference and no way is their sex life healthy cause they're clealry deprived and frustrated sexually cause they are not getting any.

Certainly. The key point in the « healthy » part here is to get orgasm/sexual relief regularly. If you can have it with a partner, the better for you. If you don't, « if you're not getting any  », then masturbating is probably better than getting more and more frustrated. =)

Only there is a catch here, it being libido. Your need for relief might not be the same than the one of your partner. Look at the poll above : a non negligible portion of people need sexual relief more than once a day. So if your needs are once per month, there's probably no problem getting a partner available. If your needs are twice per day, or even once per day but your partner has professional obligations elsewhere, that's where masturbating can help.

About males masturbating 'cause they're sexually uneasy however, it might be just the opposite in fact. Getting pleasure is associated to guilt in judeo-christian cultures. If you're uneasy with it, you'll probably be more uneasy at the idea of touching yourself than otherwise. =)

1 hour ago, Jazzman said:

Although I fuck for more than half of my life, and I'm 28, I'm in no position to make a generalizing statement as to what the one or the other does or prefers and why to cum good. All I can say is that for me masturbation is part of sex life in general which is at least partly imagination anyway and thus it doesn't stop when a partner is lying next to me or comes over me, whatever the gender is. I can do both at the same time, and that is what gives me the xtra ummph.

Damned, we got a serious response from Jazzman ! xtra forum ummph !  \(^o^)/

Jokes aside, most people should indeed have the humility to admit they speak mostly for themselves. Yet, hopefully there are ways to make more general statements, those being statistics and publications. Basic sexology. Otherwise, the doctors couldn't really cure diseases they don't have, would they ? ;)

Anyway, good point about the females able to add masturbation to regular intercourse at the same time, it's a particular case i guess. =)

2 hours ago, Tirloque said:

Damned, we got a serious response from Jazzman ! xtra forum ummph !  \(^o^)/

Jokes aside, most people should indeed have the humility to admit they speak mostly for themselves. Yet, hopefully there are ways to make more general statements, those being statistics and publications. Basic sexology. Otherwise, the doctors couldn't really cure diseases they don't have, would they ? ;)

Anyway, good point about the females able to add masturbation to regular intercourse at the same time, it's a particular case i guess. =)

What else did you expect from a 'pink taco'?  :face_pig:

Medical statistics depend on more or less truthful patient questionnaires. These statistics should exist, no doubt.

Of course, dual sex requires special techniques and is thus always a particular case beyond missionary. Nuff said.

?

Humans, dolphins and a certain type of a monkey art, are the only species who can have orgasm if I remember it correctly. There is thousands of videos on dolphins for example, that shows they have sex just for fun - just as we do.

Bonobos (i.e pygmy chimpanzee) whole society structure is based on sex. They solve conflicts with sex. Heck, almost everything is built around sex for them.

And I once saw a statement from someone who said that nature/evolution gave us the ability to climax as a reward for having sex, which makes sense because the essence of life wants to survive using any means necessary.

In our dna for example, scientist has found that we humans could have had the same ability to regenerate back fingers and such. (just like a sea star), but somewhere during our evolution, it got deactivated.

But to this day, it's still there, dormant.

So fapping or having sex just for the fun of it, or for the medical benefits it can provide, is not strange at all. Quite the opposite, it's very logical. It' simply the nature ways of rewarding us, for keeping the life essence alive by granting us different rewards for doing so i.e have kids, stress/pain release etc etc.

I have sometimes fapped when having a migraine attack, and although it's kinda very uninspiring to do so when it feels like your head wants your dead, once climaxed, the pain has eased. 

It hasn't completely killed it, but I have felt so much better afterwards. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2017 at 6:01 AM, TheWhite said:

Just cause it's part of some people's sex life doesn't mean it's everyone's. Not everybody does everything someone else does in bed. Doesn't mean they're sick, have no libido or imagination.

And if straight men were so content with just masturbation then why even go after women? Just wank on your own if it's that good. So, it's not a preference but a substitue for sex with someone else.

Your assuming things. A) Your not a man and B) You can't speak with certainty about anyone but yourself. Might want to check on your boyfriend sometimes to see what he does when he thinks your not around - your pussy is not golden.

40 minutes ago, TheWhite said:

who that claim, is ignorant. Not my fault you don't have partners or they can't get you off so you have to settle for masturbation ;)

I don't get frustrated if I don't have sex/orgasm regularily. Masturbation is completely unnnecessary, absolutely nothing to do with health.

I agree with the libido to a certain extent. I'm only interested in sex if I have a boyfriend. I have an emotional triggers for arousal. If I don't have feelings, I don't care for sex at all. I am not frustrated nor am I unhealthy. And as a woman, I can absolutely get a partner for twice a day if I wanted to.

Also, about the wanking when the partner is away. See, to me that's not healthy. You are literally lying to your body and yourself. I know men just want sex and not the person, but women's psychology is different. Women mostly want the man/partner. So if I was to masturbate when I wanted my man but he was away, I'd get even more frustrated and totally come to detest masturbating and probably myself too. Cause I was substituting something valuable and of substance with absolutely....nothing.

It is the most bizarre thing to me that people believe everyone masturbates and if they don't they're not well. Why the fuck would I lie about it? I wouldn't have even posted in this thread in the first place then. Yous are complete strangers and I literally do not give a fuck what anyone would think of me if I masturbated. I don't even care what anyone in my life or around me irl would think. It's jsut super retarded to me.

Anyway, bottom line is, masturbation will generally always be a substitute to the real thing. If you don't agree then fine by me, go ahead and never have sex again, just wank til eternity if it's so good and healthy lol

1. Do you have a partner?
I do not suppose, this was your statement *I never masturbate. Don't have the need. If I want sex, I'll get a man.*
2. is Masturbation healthy! 
Naturally, proved in many scientific researches!
I hope you can a little German, but with a translator it should not be a problem.

https://www.lifeline.de/leben-und-familie/masturbieren-onanieren-selbstbefriedigung-id32719.html

Masturbate - why masturbation is so important

Spoiler

To masturbate is natural, normal and healthy
Here, masturbation is a natural thing. Numerous species of animals masturbate, such as monkeys, dogs, bears and even birds - males and females. In this way, so interpret biologists, fertility is promoted. The masturbation is therefore a kind of sex training.

Masturbation is also an important facet of love life for humans. However, not only as a training for sex with two to be ready for reproduction at any time. Relaxation is the most important motivation for masturbation. According to a Bonn study, about 90 percent of all men and 86 percent of women masturbate regularly.

1 hour ago, TheWhite said:
On 05/12/2017 at 1:58 PM, TheWhite said:

I never masturbate. Don't have the need. If I want sex, I'll get a man.

I don't get frustrated if I don't have sex/orgasm regularily. Masturbation is completely unnnecessary, absolutely nothing to do with health.

I agree with the libido to a certain extent. I'm only interested in sex if I have a boyfriend. I have an emotional triggers for arousal. If I don't have feelings, I don't care for sex at all. I am not frustrated nor am I unhealthy. And as a woman, I can absolutely get a partner for twice a day if I wanted to.

Also, about the wanking when the partner is away. See, to me that's not healthy. You are literally lying to your body and yourself. I know men just want sex and not the person, but women's psychology is different.

TheWhite, I don't know why you're answering now to a message which is more than one month old ; but whatever the reason is please make sure to read with attention something you reply to.

— What is admitted to be healthy is to practice sexual activities regularly

— Having sex with one (or several) partner, or masturbating are sexual activities

Of course masturbating is a substitute. Of course, sexual intercourse should be better. Of course women have different psychology than men (only thing I'm not sure you should assume most woman psychologies are the same as yours). The point is, masturbation does benefits to your health as well. 

1 hour ago, TheWhite said:

It is the most bizarre thing to me that people believe everyone masturbates and if they don't they're not well. Why the fuck would I lie about it?

I don't know. Pride maybe ? You stopped posting when a bunch of people reacted to the fact you almost claimed you could have 1 man a day (30/month) easy peasy, that you never masturbated (while posting on an adult site), and where you refused going into a rigorous, factual debate. And now, one month later you start arguing again in a forgotten thread, and it's two partners a day. How do you want to be taken seriously in such conditions ?

Pride put aside, I think you assume too much. For one :

You claim that sex is an unnecessary element for a healthy woman's life. Regardless if it isn't to you,  I wouldn't generalize that to all women. I have a lot of examples in mind (and not only on loverlabs) who clearly engaged in sex for the sex itself, which means that they somehow where searching of if, and very possibly that they previously enjoyed it. Regardless of what you say about a partner (where there is indeed differences with men). Even the popular language talks about getting « satisfaction », which implies that default state is one of "need".  Just look at Winny's data : 90% of men and 86% of women admit they masturbate regularly. Don't you think that would put you on the minority's side ?

That there is no difference in gender's libido. Just read the reactions to your posts (in fact of every male that answered you) and you'll see you might have missed a few points on that. My take is you didn't even know there were requisites for a man to have a hard-on, which is basic sexology.

Anyway, you talk about your personal experience, which is respectable. We are all different. But if you have some knowledge that goes beyond personal experience, and want to generalize, make sure you back-it up with sources and constructed argumentation. Otherwise you can't go beyond a simple opinion. :classic_smile: 

1 hour ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Your assuming things. . A) Your not a man and B) You can't speak with certainty about anyone but yourself.

Same points but more summed-up. ^^

15 minutes ago, TheWhite said:

And no masturbation does not have to benefit. At all. At. All.

Prove it.

And most women's pshychology is like mine cause...I'm a woman and they're women.

Wrong. Otherwise : Oussama Ben Laden is a man => all the men have Ben Laden's psychology.

And yes, it is super easy to have a new man or men every day if you're a woman and just looking for sex.

Bullshit. I have seen women virgin at the age of 60, and they weren't nuns. Not everyone looks like Scarlett Johansson.

And I have no pride when it comes to masturbation.

You have pride when it comes to admitting you can be wrong, make mistakes and have limited knowledge. I won't judge you too hardly though, 'cause I had (and possibly still have) the same flaw. As you see I previously said that your experience as an individual is respectable. The only thing is I think you shouldn't generalize too much : even among women, your position could be the one of a minority. :classic_smile:

20 minutes ago, TheWhite said:

I stopped responding cause I forgot about this thread lol I probably had to go to work or something and forgot when I came back. It's not the first thread on this website or anywhere ever that I forgot about. And my main point is, just cause you mastrubate doesn't mean you're healthy. This is the stupidest thing ever. What about sex addicts? It's apparently super fucking healthy then :smiley:

And no masturbation does not have to benefit. At all. At. All.

And most women's pshychology is like mine cause...I'm a woman and they're women.

And yes, it is super easy to have a new man or men every day if you're a woman and just looking for sex. And I have no pride when it comes to masturbation. Why in the world would I be proud of it? To me it's like, maybe I said it already, I might not like a sexual position. Would I be proud of it? What's the point? Does it make me a sick person when I don't have sex in that position? Fuck no! Why the fuck would I be lying when I say I don't have sex in that position because apparently "everybody has sex in this position"? Yous are claiming I'm generalizing when yous are doing the exact same thing. "Everybody masturbates", "masturbation is healthy". Like no. Why don't yous practice what you preach and speak for yourself too then :smile:

And I have had plenty of sex with people I'm not in a relationship with, just for sex. Doesn't mean I masturbate or ever would. There's still a difference between having sex for sex and masturbating.

:classic_wink:

Solo sex keeps you young!

Spoiler

Masturbation not only brings you to orgasm faster, it's also good for your health. Why solo sex keeps you young and healthy.

Solo sex is worth it!

Ahhhhhhhhhh! Ohhhhhhhh! - A little self-satisfaction and we feel younger and fitter. Incidentally, this is not a purely subjective impression, this is the result of a scientific study.

Australian researchers have found that not only does solo sex relax and relieve stress, but men who work five times a week reduce the risk of prostate cancer by one-third. The One-Hand-Show helps against erectile dysfunction, because it strengthens the erectile tissue.

For us women, too, it makes perfect sense to do it yourself: it promotes blood circulation in the small and large pelvis - the best prevention against bladder weakness!

Solo sex against bladder weakness

And there's another advantage: through self-love, we get to know our body and our sexual needs better. Do we prefer it slowly? With stronger pressure? Do we need penetration or is it enough to stimulate the clitoris? What is the rhythm I have to go with?

This enriches our love life, because we can give the partner clearer instructions about our needs.

Masturbation: Formerly frowned upon

Although 90 percent of all men and 86 percent of all women regularly lend a hand, masturbation is still considered a taboo topic. Even at the beginning of this century, self-gratification was not only a grave sin, but even harmful. Even serious doctors thought that masturbation was the cause of many diseases, such as spinal cord loss or impotence.

https://www.woman.at/a/selbstbefriedigung-gesund

15 minutes ago, Alkpaz said:

https://www.harvardprostateknowledge.org/does-frequent-ejaculation-help-ward-off-prostate-cancer

"Two relatively large studies of this question, reported in 2003 and 2004, yielded good news for sexually active men: high ejaculation frequency seemed to protect against prostate cancer."

"Further study is needed to investigate possible protective mechanisms. In theory, emptying the prostate of potentially irritating or harmful substances might be one such mechanism. Regardless of the reason why, take comfort in the fact that ejaculation is not only pleasurable, but also may convey health benefits."

"Jan. 27, 2009 -- Frequent masturbation in young men is linked to higher risk of early prostate cancer, but it lowers prostate cancer risk for men in their 50s, a study shows."

https://www.webmd.com/prostate-cancer/news/20090127/masturbation-and-prostate-cancer-risk#1

"For men in their 20s, "frequent masturbation" was two to seven times per week. Compared to same-age men who reported masturbating less than once per month, 20-something frequent masturbators had a 79% higher risk of prostate cancer by age 60.

For men in their 50s, "frequent masturbation" was one or more times per week. Compared to same-age men who reported never masturbating, 50-something frequent masturbators had a 70% lower risk of prostate cancer."

"Thu, 06 Jul 2017 12:33:00 EST

"Ejaculating at least 21 times a month significantly reduces a man's risk of prostate cancer," is the headline on the Mail Online. This is based on research from the US that asked men how often they ejaculated per month and subsequent reporting of prostate cancer."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/behindtheheadlines/news/2017-07-06-frequent-ejaculation-may-decrease-prostate-cancer-risk/

From: U.S. National Library of Medicine - The World's Largest Medical Library

I had heard of such studies some times ago. Data still seems contradictory though. But thanks for sharing factual data, as well as the link of "Men are from Mars, Women Venus" it's an interesting read too. :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, Alkpaz said:

"Without the awareness that we are supposed to be different, men and women are at odds with each other.
We usually become angry or frustrated with the opposite sex because we have forgotten this important
truth. We expect the opposite sex to be more like ourselves. We desire them to "want what we want" and
"feel the way we feel."

For this I say only *opposites attract each other* 60 years of life and love experience. :classic_wink:

9 minutes ago, Alkpaz said:

This one study suggests this: 

"For men in their 20s, "frequent masturbation" was two to seven times per week. Compared to same-age men who reported masturbating less than once per month, 20-something frequent masturbators had a 79% higher risk of prostate cancer by age 60.

For men in their 50s, "frequent masturbation" was one or more times per week. Compared to same-age men who reported never masturbating, 50-something frequent masturbators had a 70

There is a subtlety here, it's that before the risk factor/positive factor is identified most of theses studies are case-control studies made with posterior to events polls. The proof level of thoses studies is quite weak : if the studied factor has a moderate influence on the resulting event, the lack of reliability and statistical power can induce contradictory results. Particularly regarding one as delicate as intimate activities, and particularly when the resulting event takes place a long time after the studied criteria. And in case of prostate cancer, we're talking of an event that commonly appears at 50-74 years old...

Once that factor has been identified tough, other types of studies can be performed, with more reliable results. :classic_smile:

21 minutes ago, TheWhite said:

Definitely pshycology vaires from woman to woman but the majority definitely feel the same way.

The point is nothing proves that you're on the majority side of women.

I already talked about the first thing. I don't like masturbation

How is this relevant ? You said masturbation had no benefit at all, I asked you to prove it.

And the 60 year old was a virgin by her choice, for sure. Good for her. Men will fuck anything and anyone. Wherever their dick fits.

It was an old psychotic, not particularly pretty. I know some psychotics that do have a partner though, but in this case I wouldn't claim it was a willing choice. And if I, who know her can't say it, I don't see any rational reason that would allow you to. You don't know that, point.

I know I'm not wrong in this lol And have all the knowledge.

You're lucky then, you haven't got anything  to learn at such a young age ! Innate science !

I hope your pride won't blind you as long as it did to me, 'cause the lack of humility certainly hindered my quest of knowledge. Anyway,  it's just a thread of discussion, no big deal. You can go to work. :classic_wink: