Usually how many times do you masturbate?

Guest Tony's Bark

Usually how many times do you masturbate usually?   

184 members have voted

1. 1. How many times do you masturbate. Average?

Guest Tony's Bark
4 minutes ago, DeadFish__ said:

Really depends. Sometimes I feel stressed or depressed and I go for 4.

Sometimes I can feel fine and not do it at all.

It seems to be affected by mood.

Same with me. 

I put 1 but it really depends on how my medications are affecting me at the time and my mood. I have one medication that tends to increase sex drive and others that decrease it, on top of that I am bi-polar which is currently uncontrolled as the only medication I found that worked was damaging my liver so I had to stop taking it. There are some days it is multiple times and other times I go a few weeks without doing it at all.

At least once a day. It does wonders for relieving tension and/or stress. Any kind of sexual release helps me sleep better at night. Not ashamed to admit it either. Some day I won't be able to enjoy it probably for health reasons- so I will always have some kind of sex till I can't anymore. I'm a dirty old man and I will die that way.;)

On 11/23/2017 at 9:33 PM, Veladarius said:

I put 1 but it really depends on how my medications are affecting me at the time and my mood.

I'm in the same boat. I dislike how my own medications tend to suppress my drive, but I can't stand how I start feeling and behaving when I'm not on them. The right stimulation can have me going many times more a day.

I voted nr 1, which is not true but it was the closest answer. My sex drive is very low, but also very irregular. Sometimes it can go weeks without me fapping, and other times I can't go more than 30 minutes before I have to have a go at it again.

Being depressed, fapping (and sex in general) is not high on the list over priorities for me. However, my fapping increases a lot when I'm stoned because the orgasm is x 10 times better.

Simply put, anytime I am not doing other things I play with myself, don't really know why just like it. Most in one day was around 20, but things have calmed down recently because I have been busy with life and the whatnot.

Once to twice per week.

I think the most natural frequency would be once a day though, but doing something daily is a good way to get addicted to it so I figured in my case it would be best to avoid doing so. =)

On 22/11/2017 at 9:22 PM, dharvinia said:
On 22/11/2017 at 8:20 PM, Beast16 said:

Cant believe this has a forum

Believe it!  Get this, if it was not for the few morality rules we enforce (mostly through shaming) the content you would find would leave you cowering in a corner calling for your mommy.

IMHO :lol:

Could seems a bit pathetic to have a thread on this, uh ? It' less inadequate than it seems though. You see, medically, you could easily find data about what's normal or not. But in more delicate matters such as sexual life, libido etc. it's far more difficult to gather data dealing about the frequency of normal "acts", as it is unclear if there has to be a norm or not.

It is an admitted fact that, though mostly hiding it, healthy people do masturbate ; so it's normal to do so. But what frequency is normal for a male ? For a female ? Most people won't even have the courage to even ask. It's on that point that LL's forums can get more interesting than get the eyes at first glance : free talk, less "speech-shaming", more tolerance of the different. No every community can boast about those. ;)

Edited by Tirloque
  • 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, TheWhite said:

Huh? Sick people do too. And both, healthy and non healthy people do not. Health has nothing to do with it.

I'm afraid sex is an element of a healthy life, and in both ways. Masturbation is simply a way to have sex when a/your partner isn't available.

Now, forget me but I'll go into a detailed response. I'll part it to answer the two points you made :

A - Being reasonably healthy is a requisite to be able to have sex/masturbate

You need 5 healthy areas to be able to get an erection :

1. Unobstructed arteries. Most young people do have functional arteries. If you smoked 2 packets of cigarets per day and already had one or two heart attacks, chances are that your genital arteries are damaged too. Obstructed genital arteries = no erection, it being with a partner or not. No erection for several years = fibrosis, which means that even if you somehow found a way to clean your arteries, there won't be anything functional left down there. 
  2. Functional nerve conduction. Of course the example of the wheelchair comes to mind, but for one part it is not absolute (depending on the level of your back injury), and for two there are very common toxic which do damage peripheral nerves. Take an alcoholic which cannot even walk straight even while being sober, chances are that his nerves are damaged. Damaged nerves = no erection.
  3. Healthy hormones level. Without sufficient testosteron levels, your sexual organs will progressively lose their ability to function normally. Until they do not work AT ALL. Age comes with limits, even if individuals aren't equals in that matter
  4. Okayish cardiovascular and respiratory system. If you're need added oxygen to breath correctly, chances are your heart and lungs won't let you try too intense exercising. It being alone or not.
  5. Healthy mind. A lot of psychological problems can prevent you to get or to maintain you hard-on, according psychology and a relaxed state of mind are required to get the things hot & heavy. Your man is afraid of something, let it be solely being heard by his neighbour ? It can shut him down temporarily.

Strain on women's body is lesser, yet some of this points can still lead to specific sexual pathologies, specially the third and fifth one.

B - Having sex/masturbating can benefit to your health

And at the contrary, being deprived of both could induce various troubles.

1. Relieve craving. Craving does modifies your ability to concentrate and the way you relate to others. You don't believe it ? Make a stay in jails or into a prolonged boat trip. Watch how the sailors and prisoners interact to each other. There are a lot of rapes (even towards the same sex) in jails, and a lot of drug addiction among sailors. sIt might be extreme examples, it might not be pretty examples, yet sadly it's true ones.
  2. Help against sleep problems. Once a day, yes Ma'am. At least for some people it does ; and it's the same with or without partner.
  3. Lowers chances of prostate cancer. Balls aren't made to stay full all week it seems.
  4. Relieve stress. Which means helping to relieve of mental troubles linked to stress, and there are a lot of those.
  5. Exercice ! Well, aside of orgasm masturbation isn't really one, but sex is and can be quite intense depending on each one's habits.

So you see sexual life (it being a lonely one) and health are in fact intertwined. And yes (for males at least, but females aren't immune to psychological problems either), not going into normal behaviors is probably going to affect health, it consequences being minor or a bit more than that depending on the individual.  At the other side, performing it excessively, compulsively could very well lead to problems common other addictions.

Not too often, not to rarely, that is a common point to the well being in many domains. So you got it, that's why finding a normal frequency (if there is) on that topic isn't uninteresting at all in fact.

Mens sana in corpore sano, remember ? ;)

19 minutes ago, TheWhite said:

lol I'm sorry, this is general mumbo jumbo. You can very well masturbate when you have health issues. You can masturbate when you have a cough, you can masturbate when you have cancer. It's common sense when you're half dead, you can't have sex/masturbate but you absolutely do not need to be fully healthy to masturbate/have sex.

If you had read what I wrote you'd probably have noticed that I said « reasonably healthy ». Reasonably ≠ fully.

I do thank you for the « general mumbo jumbo » thingie, it was nice of you. I'll make this simpler, and more specific then :

1. Can you have an erection with diffuse obliteraterative arteriopathy  ? YES/NO
  2. Can you have erection with diffuse neuropathy ? YES/NO
  3. Can you have erection with lower than normal testosteron ? YES/NO
  4. Are people with arteriopathy, neuropathy or low testosteron all half dead ? YES/NO

+Bonus question : Do some cancer treatments or tumor by themselves give you neuropathy/lower hormons levels  ?YES/NO

Guest Katherlne
On 12/5/2017 at 3:58 PM, TheWhite said:

I never masturbate. Don't have the need. If I want sex, I'll get a man.

It is rather awkward to see a discussion about how good or bad masturbation on adult site, where a tons of really pervert and taboo mods... 

So, sex it's just act, where men put his penis in women vagina? So, that mean i never had a sex, because i'm a lesbian? Because mostly "sex" act between a girls, is just rubbing of two vaginas. And this can be considered - masturbation? Most of that, i love when my girlfriend rub my pussy with her fingers. Or masturbation it's only when you touching yourself? Yes there a strap on, but no big deference if you do it by yourself with dildo...

30 minutes ago, TheWhite said:

this the same as you wrote before, dear ;) just in form of questions.

Exactly. Very specific questions, answerable by yes or no. Answer them. ;)

4 minutes ago, Katherlne said:

It is rather awkward to see a discussion about how good or bad masturbation on adult site, where a tons of really pervert and taboo mods...

Isn't it ? From this we should probably learn that doing something and assume doing it are very different things. Taboos ! :tongue: