Who Here Wants Hotter Argonians?

8 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

There's always Skyrim Breastless Argonian Females. Upside is that it does exactly what it says, and replaces female Argonian bodies and gear with an edited vanilla body with fllattened/no breasts. Downsides is that is wildly incompatible with anything that edits armors or Argonian-related stuff, and since it uses vanilla bodies as a base, it's very low-poly. Also no HDT-enabled bits.

To be honest, I'm not against the idea of breastless reptiles myself; breasts are nice but they obviously don't exactly fit on reptiles (leaving the whole anthro-fication and sentience aside) and if done well, it can look good. The problem is, in the context of Skyrim, it isn't exactly feasible or compatible with other mods, as evidenced above.

I love that mod, I love it very much, I've never gotten everything else to fit with it right though for the reasons you state. (I don't care about HDT though) I don't think I even managed to get Drachi's Argonian retexture to fit it like it does in that screenshot.  Ah wait I remember now, the reason I stopped using Breastless Argonians was that I couldn't stack it with Unique Beast Races, the digitigrade Argonian mod I used at the time, feet just mattered more.

I second that ESO's Argonians are unplayably ugly and their Khajiit look fantastic.

5 hours ago, Voldearag said:

(I don't care about HDT though)

At this point, I can't do without it (even if I don't use SMP, which is supposed to be better than PE). I don't spend that much of my Skyrim time looking at sex, but if I'm going to do so it might as well look good and have at least a tiny bit of "realism". Schlongs magically clipping through painted vaginas ain't that much fun, after all.

Ah wait I remember now, the reason I stopped using Breastless Argonians was that I couldn't stack it with Unique Beast Races, the digitigrade Argonian mod I used at the time, feet just mattered more.

Isn't that what Morrowind Style Argonians does? It has the feet/legs from UBR but with breastless females too.

I second that ESO's Argonians are unplayably ugly and their Khajiit look fantastic.

Indeed. Plus, while the Khajiit head shape is limited to the "standard" one (with the morph/sliders, of course), there are a bunch of different fur tones and patterns that allows you to create characters based on different feline species, which is neat. My main is a male tiger and my alt is a female snow leopard, for example, and IIRC there was also leopard, jaguar, panther, caracal, maybe puma, and tabby cat. As opposed to Skyrim's single option, "generic grey feline with some hints of spots on the back".

Would have gone for Argonian for the alt to change races and also alliances, but yeah, unfortunately Argonians are ugly. At least ever since One Tamriel all alliance quests can be done with any race regardless of your actual "fixed" allegiance. Huh. I should start playing again sometime.

The sad part here is that mods (or at the very least, a framework of one) exist to fix just about every aspect of the Argonians people don't like. Tails, eyes, bodies, textures, legs, outfits, size, even TEETH have options. Heck, we have mods that exist SPECIFICALLY TO GIVE THEM LIZARD DICKS! Getting them to play nice on the body mod of your preference can be tricky, but those kinds of things have been adapted before. We have entire threads here devoted to altering items an outfits from one body mod to another, and people adapt skin mods to be cross-compatible frequently enough. I assume someone with a bit of time and the right skills could tighten things up, make sure the mods play nice. A bit of effort (and permission from authors) and we may even get the various Argonian mods available equally for cbbe, unp, maybe even some of the lesser used bodies.

Still, it won't help do too much good until the BIGGER problem is addressed; we need new head meshes. There are already new meshes for MALE Argonians to make them look more buff, so we know it's doable. So, where are all the female head mesh replacers hiding?  Thicken the neck, shorten the snout, move the eyes a bit, add gentler curves and nix the sharper angles and you’re off to a GREAT start!  Someone could even go the extra mile and tweak the facial textures and throw in a few extras to really top it off! Maybe lower the scale count a bit to make the skin look smoother (like a few of the body skins use), get some nice lashes in there, add some makeup options, throw in some extra eye and hair choices, etc.

There’s quite a bit of room to maneuver here, even if lore accuracy is taken into account! Remember, they’re not ACTUALLY lizards; they just have reptilian features. Heck, if you squint at the lore long enough, it sounds like they may actually be more PLANTS than anything else. :tongue:

1 hour ago, tm2dragon said:

There’s quite a bit of room to maneuver here, even if lore accuracy is taken into account! Remember, they’re not ACTUALLY lizards; they just have reptilian features. Heck, if you squint at the lore long enough, it sounds like they may actually be more PLANTS than anything else. :tongue:

Not really. Argonians are controlled by the Hist, which is indeed some kind of weird hive mind-slash-tree species thingy from another dimension/kalpa; but the lore says the Argonians themselves were "normal"/non-sentient tree lizards uplifted by the Hist to serve them and do their bidding ('cause no matter how much telepathy and magic powers you have, if you are a tree you can't do anything apart from, y'know, being stuck there).

So no, they are not plants. Unless the Hist suddenly decided to start altering them to become plant-like for shits and giggles, of course, in which case they would be plants. But that's a different story.

Truthfully when I said I don't care about HDT I forgot vaginas needed it to do their thing, (I'm actually still a virgin in Skyrim so it hasn't come up) I just connect HDT with boobs and scrotums bouncing as I move, which I don't mind living without.

19 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Isn't that what Morrowind Style Argonians does? It has the feet/legs from UBR but with breastless females too.

Oh yeah that was what I used last.  I think I remember where I gave up now, (maybe) I believe I couldn't stand using the vanilla Argonian textures.  No, wait, I would always choose their better feet and bodies over better textures, as much as a fitting Drachis or Roots would improve them.  Maybe I really needed SoS and UNP for other stuff and of course those don't fit.  Maybe I'll decide those also don't matter enough and use Morrowind Style Argonians again anyways, I can hope that I do.

+1 to what Rokabur just asked, that looks like it's from an MMO but I can't guess which.

On 4/24/2018 at 4:12 PM, IGotBored said:

Should me make like an index or something of the meshes and textures we feel as a step in the right direction? 

A checklist of sorts WOULD be a fun little addition to this topic! I’d probably even add it to the first post!

Sadly, this thread mostly exists as a place to shoot off personal wishes and hypotheticals. Unless a person or group of persons with modding skills are inspired to tackle the ideas we brainstorm, we can’t actually DO all that much. Still, it’s a fun topic to throw around, and at the very least we can keep each other informed about new or old mods we’ve found, or tricks we’ve come across! XD Regardless, creating a ”wishlist” together sounds like a fun project! I say we go for it!

I’ll go first: I would suggest a new skin mod, which would add (among other things) a wide variety of skin (scale?) color and pattern options for Argonians. Females as a priority, but bonus points if it works for males. For fun, maybe have a few presets themed off real snake or lizard patterns! Make the scales more defined, but glossy (almost wet looking) to help brighten the shiny new colors and make them POP!  General scale size is up for debate (I can’t decide if smaller or larger would be best, or even if we should nix scales and just give them a leathery look), but have them shrink and thin out in areas like the torso, (and possibly the rear and thighs for the butt and leg people amongst us!), almost giving the illusion of smooth skin; make sure to still give the Sexy areas some semblance of reptillian texture/patterns (so NO HUMAN TORSO SWAPS!) Add in a nipple option for those that want them, but make sure they match the scale colors, just a shade or two off (or maybe a color that compliments a certain pattern, like making them black to match a character who has black stripes over mostly red skin).  Make sure the thing is compatible with Bodyslide and RaceMenu, so people can get the most out of it. Also, make sure it works as the default for NPC's as well, even random spawns.  Add in a few more customizations for the face, like allowing the player to add makeup and more paint patterns, to help add character (lighter scales on the cheek could create the illusion of blush, which may help a character seem more demure or youthful). Add a few variation choices for the download (scale size, glossiness level, nipples options, a few custom presets, etc.) and I’d say you have the quintessential Argonian skin mod!

Retrograde feet are important in mind for staying away from the "man with animal head - lazy developer" thing.  I'd love to see a sensible romance involving a female khajiit or female argonian.  They're underrepresented in the game. 

• 8 months later...
On 4/29/2018 at 5:43 PM, Danest said:

Retrograde feet are important in mind for staying away from the "man with animal head - lazy developer" thing.  I'd love to see a sensible romance involving a female khajiit or female argonian.  They're underrepresented in the game. 

Let's all get into the New Year necro posting tradition.

If you want a few Khajiit and Argonian romances, the best options (possibly the only ones) are Khajiit Will Follow, Intersting NPCs and M'Rissi: Tails of Troubles.

On 4/23/2018 at 11:24 AM, ToJKa said:

Meh, both beast races are just humans in fursuits. (In Skyrim: Nords in fursuits :tongue:)

Meanwhile, when a developer doesn't half-ass...

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/2418872828242273513/A3E86E602894ACABAEFEBCB588A788213D1502D9/

To keep the necroposting going:

Giving reptiles mammalian brains without other mammalian features feels incomplete to me. They have to be warm blooded to have big brains so why not go all of the way and make them mammals? 

On 4/12/2018 at 1:48 AM, tm2dragon said:

That series was GOLD.  Rarely have I seen a parody that somehow surpasses the original on ALL FRONTS.  Funnier, you expect.  Better characterization, story structure, editing, and somehow managing to fill nearly every glaring plot-hole while they were at it?  Yeah, didn't see that coming.

What series was it?

On 1/5/2019 at 1:53 PM, LegendOfJan said:

Yeah that's not an anus. That really isn't. And it make's me angry you'd link me to something you could've assumed I'd have used in the past.

When I can watch an artist stream live, and when I ask them to give me a closeup of the blender/sfm model of an argonian's ass and I see no hole, there's a problem. Everyone else has a hole there. Somebody can fix this better than that. It's possible.

On 1/1/2019 at 10:37 PM, CrazierCaptDice said:

possible necropost but you know what I want

What I want?

buttholes.

Fix my argonian butts. Give them buttholes. For Skyrim, SFM, anything, just fix that model.

If you mean something modeled, and effected by something like HDT, similar to the UUNP Special's vagina reacting to physics enabled schlong meshes or hand meshes, then I don't think that exists for Skyrim yet. 

Though these two texture sets, which I'm not sure if you've used yet, do contain texture detail for the anus. 

Female Dragonic Argonian Textures(optional version with nipples here - Female Dragonic Argonian Textures 4k with Nipples)

Feminine Argonians(Chameleon and Lizard)

On 1/10/2019 at 3:39 PM, Kuroyami said:

If you mean something modeled, and effected by something like HDT, similar to the UUNP Special's vagina reacting to physics enabled schlong meshes or hand meshes, then I don't think that exists for Skyrim yet. 

Though these two texture sets, which I'm not sure if you've used yet, do contain texture detail for the anus. 

Then we are halfway there! GG guys~, soon we will be fucking our lizard waifu's in the butts. 

• 9 months later...