Who Here Wants Hotter Argonians?

• 3 months later...

First off:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/95417-female-argonian-textures/  Hurray!  Progress! XD

Secondly, last time I was here I stumbled across some old meshes someone had created that made some SERIOUS alterations to female Argonian heads.  It was just a wireframe, and from what I remember the artist involved had long since abandoned the thing and deleted it.  Still, someone here had a copy, and had posted it up!  Anyone know what I'm talking about, cause that was several months ago, and the details are a bit hazy for me. ^_^;

• 4 weeks later...

Ya know I Don't think you guys have been looking very hard since you missed these: 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62574/ (Female Argonian Body textures) 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62193 (Female Khajiit body if you want)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70164  (male Argonian Body textures)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70481  (Male Khajiit body)

These are for CBBE but their the best ones I can think of(these are the ones I like), each has a few variants for how you might want them so just check these if you want some quality.

3 hours ago, mennyt said:

Ya know I Don't think you guys have been looking very hard since you missed these: 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62574/ (Female Argonian Body textures) 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62193 (Female Khajiit body if you want)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70164  (male Argonian Body textures)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70481  (Male Khajiit body)

These are for CBBE but their the best ones I can think of(these are the ones I like), each has a few variants for how you might want them so just check these if you want some quality.

We know about those textures,(Most of us do..I think) I even use those textures, the UNP ones that is. It's just that we're more talking about the face and such, and possibly other types of body textures other than those.

6 hours ago, Taven said:

We know about those textures,(Most of us do..I think) I even use those textures, the UNP ones that is. It's just that we're more talking about the face and such, and possibly other types of body textures other than those.

What Taven said. On the mods themselves, I could never really get past seeing what looked like someone had skinned a human and slapped their torso onto an Argonian’s chest. >< The idea is to make them prettier without sacrificing their beast race roots. While those mods are much better at skirting the line than the ones that replace faces, I think removing the fur or scales is more of a lateral step; Most certainly sexier, but you lose something when you full on replace the fur or scales. I’ve seen models in SFM that pull off scales all the way, so it’s certainly doable. I’m sure there are obstacles in the way, but it CAN and HAS been done! I’ve actually seen a skin replacer for Argonians that worked exceedingly well...it just hasn’t been updated since 2012.

Again, I spotted a FANTASTIC Argonian replacement head mesh here on another thread a few months back. Anyone catch that? 

On 12/4/2017 at 8:43 PM, Darkpig said:

We all know what a khajiit should look like.

d3c8dd9f6c0469cdd2ddf1928d63be94b9908db7

That series was GOLD.  Rarely have I seen a parody that somehow surpasses the original on ALL FRONTS.  Funnier, you expect.  Better characterization, story structure, editing, and somehow managing to fill nearly every glaring plot-hole while they were at it?  Yeah, didn't see that coming.

20 minutes ago, tm2dragon said:

That series was GOLD.  Rarely have I seen a parody that somehow surpasses the original on ALL FRONTS.  Funnier, you expect.  Better characterization, story structure, editing, and somehow managing to fill nearly every glaring plot-hole while they were at it?  Yeah, didn't see that coming.

Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes.

I'm months late to this party, but two questions:

1. Would the old Fluff's Hybrid Argonians/Khajiit mods (feel free to image-search for a look, though the Oldrim versions appear to be missing), which basically just made Argonians into human-faced lizard people (with removable tail option, for those that didn't like them or just had body trouble with the tails sticking straight out of our scaly asses) and Khajiit into cat people (complete with cat ears and, I think, also removable tails) be the kind of thing this discussion hopes to see?

2. If someone happened to still have these files for Oldrim or managed to hunt them down, would there be any meaningful way they could help those who said 'yes' to question 1 without breaking some kind of rules?

1 hour ago, digitalhazmat said:

1. Would the old Fluff's Hybrid Argonians/Khajiit mods (feel free to image-search for a look, though the Oldrim versions appear to be missing), which basically just made Argonians into human-faced lizard people (with removable tail option, for those that didn't like them or just had body trouble with the tails sticking straight out of our scaly asses) and Khajiit into cat people (complete with cat ears and, I think, also removable tails) be the kind of thing this discussion hopes to see?

Pretty sure not. The point of Argonians is that they look like reptiles (or as close to a real reptile as ES biology gets) instead of "humans with scaly skin". Same goes for Khajiits and actual felines instead of "humas with fur and cat ears" (though in their case there are some subspecies that do look humanoid/elven according to lore so I guess they could get a pass).

Also, to quote the original post: "Their faces are oddly shaped and difficult to sculpt into anything appealing.  Some people just find a lady with scales and needle teeth to be a turn off." If you get rid of their heads, they are no longer Argonians.

That obviously doesn't mean it's not okay to like those kinds of mods, though; just that I think the point of this thread was to improve the Argonians' looks and make them more attractive without making them lose their "identity" by turning them into scaly humans.

IMHO, I don't mind the feminine argonian textures making less scales on the belly, but I also do like those textures LODgunter made too. What I'd like to see though, is for something to happen to the argonian's faces, maybe make them somewhat like the pics placed at the beginning of this thread...and probably make their necks wider too.

1 hour ago, NightroModzz said:

The head in that picture looks like an alien... and Yoshi.

10 bucks an internet cookie says I can find a female anthro Yoshi that is as attractive as vanilla female Argonians are (so no body mods or improved textures or stuff like that, just them as they are in the game out of the box) or even more. So I don't immediately see why that is bad :classic_rolleyes:.

Now, seriously, I'm sure there are ways to make Argonians look better and more attractive without making them lose their reptilian-ness. The problem is actually doing it.

I also think the current argonians are sufficiently hot as is.

Although I wouldn't mind a beast feet mod like the one available for khajiits.

I even like the raspy lizard voice thing.

Although I wouldn't mind hearing a female argonian voice from a different actress, since there's only one in all of Skyrim.

All things considered, I'm not sure I could actually think of a way to make them much hotter. Maybe ... thicken up their necks a little? I feel like the neck area is their weakest feature.

4 hours ago, Doc_Ctdm said:

I also think the current argonians are sufficiently hot as is.

Although I wouldn't mind a beast feet mod like the one available for khajiits.

I even like the raspy lizard voice thing.

Although I wouldn't mind hearing a female argonian voice from a different actress, since there's only one in all of Skyrim.

All things considered, I'm not sure I could actually think of a way to make them much hotter. Maybe ... thicken up their necks a little? I feel like the neck area is their weakest feature.

I don’t personally find the voice appealing, but this thread is basically built araound  a "to each thier own" mindset. The voice does the job, I just don't find it attractive. Of course, that's more personal preference.  If you folks like it, that's totally cool. XD

Well, a good bit of the issues we’ve addressed may have just been solved! A new Argonian skin is a great base to work off of!  It could use some tweaking or a few mods to add some features (more colors, a glossy finish, nipple options, etc, and I’m not too sure about compatibility with other mods.

Still, we have a skin overhaul that folks can tweak (assuming the Author doesn’t mind). I believe there are also several mods adding new options for teeth, eye, tail, horns, feet, claws, etc.

At this point, the biggest challenge left is finding/creating more appealing head meshes. A bit of resculpting for the head and (unless someone wants to dub over every Argonian line in the game), after that it's just a matter of lining stuff up right and making sure everything is compatible.

I've actually seen some very nice head meshes here and there. Unfortunately, if they were ever up on here ore Nexus, I can’t find them now.

1 hour ago, tm2dragon said:

Well, a good bit of the issues we’ve addressed may have just been solved! A new Argonian skin is a great base to work off of!  It could use some tweaking or a few mods to add some features (more colors, a glossy finish, nipple options, etc, and I’m not too sure about compatibility with other mods.

Still, we have a skin overhaul that folks can tweak (assuming the Author doesn’t mind). I believe there are also several mods adding new options for teeth, eye, tail, horns, feet, claws, etc.

At this point, the biggest challenge left is finding/creating more appealing head meshes. A bit of resculpting for the head and (unless someone wants to dub over every Argonian line in the game), after that it's just a matter of lining stuff up right and making sure everything is compatible.

I've actually seen some very nice head meshes here and there. Unfortunately, if they were ever up on here ore Nexus, I can’t find them now.

Yeah, I actually kinda like that look for argonians, only thing is, I haven't used used it because it doesn't have animated pussy textures, and probably compatibility with YA, as it actually keeps the pussy texture from SOMEHOW slapping itself on female's tails. xD On top of that, that texture only fits CBBE..and unfortunately the author seems to have disappeared for a while so...I can't use it. ><

I don't really care that it's anatomically correct where it is, something needs to be done about moving the tail just a little upwards so that it no longer looks like a butt-plug. I think there might be an optional plugin for a CBBE body but when I tried to use it with a UNP body the tail was static and pointing straight behind.

I don't really care that it's anatomically correct where it is, something needs to be done about moving the tail just a little upwards so that it no longer looks like a butt-plug. I think there might be an optional plugin for a CBBE body but when I tried to use it with a UNP body the tail was static and pointing straight behind.

Have not looked at exactly how the mod does it, but this, Hott Argonians - With Argonian feather hair, seems to fix the tail position problem. 

7 hours ago, Rokabur said:

There are a handful of mods that reposition the tail so they look like actual tails and not buttplugs, for both Khajiits and Argonians. The one Kuroyami linked (it's in the "optional files" of the mod) seems to be meant specifically for UNP, so it should take care of it just fine.

6 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

The skin mashup by LODgunther looks okay enough for a skin, but I don't think skins are what Argonians (particularly female Argonians) are really wanting for.  I can't even tell how much I care for that skinned body because of the giant honking boobies in the way.  Thicker necks can improve the sleek reptilian looking physique and the "my distinguishable features truly belong on my body" look, but not as much as ridding them of the boobies.  I've always said that though, I know it's not a popular enough style.

1 hour ago, Voldearag said:

The skin mashup by LODgunther looks okay enough for a skin, but I don't think skins are what Argonians (particularly female Argonians) are really wanting for.  I can't even tell how much I care for that skinned body because of the giant honking boobies in the way.  Thicker necks can improve the sleek reptilian looking physique and the "my distinguishable features truly belong on my body" look, but not as much as ridding them of the boobies.  I've always said that though, I know it's not a popular enough style.

There's always Skyrim Breastless Argonian Females. Upside is that it does exactly what it says, and replaces female Argonian bodies and gear with an edited vanilla body with fllattened/no breasts. Downsides is that is wildly incompatible with anything that edits armors or Argonian-related stuff, and since it uses vanilla bodies as a base, it's very low-poly. Also no HDT-enabled bits.

To be honest, I'm not against the idea of breastless reptiles myself; breasts are nice but they obviously don't exactly fit on reptiles (leaving the whole anthro-fication and sentience aside) and if done well, it can look good. The problem is, in the context of Skyrim, it isn't exactly feasible or compatible with other mods, as evidenced above.