Who Here Wants Hotter Argonians?

Saw the thread asking why folks don't like female Orcs, and it got me thinking about another underappreciated species: Argonians.

Let's break down a few things that might be putting people off with these ladies.  Their voices are scratchy and kind of grating.  Their faces are oddly shaped and difficult to sculpt into anything appealing.  Some people just find a lady with scales and needle teeth to be a turn off.  

Perhaps most importantly, modding Argonians is simply a MASSIVE chore, with few rewards to be gained.  Creating a skin mod is hard work just for then non-scaled races, but at the very least we have a decent starting point (you know, REALITY), plus the results have applications for 90% of the races in Skyrim (including humans, elves, and orcs)!  A decent skin or body mod will be applicable to the vast majority of players, getting the biggest bang for your effort.  Argonian race mods, on the other hand, will need to be done from scratch.  A lot of difficult decisions will have to be made; "do I give them nipples, how does one make a breast look scaly, can I do this in a way that Bodyslide compatible (and won't cause to look stretched and hideous whenever you tweak something), is their a way to beat these blocky faces into something halfway pleasant to look at, can I do anything to make these voices not want me to take an ice-pick to my ear-canals", etc.

The thing is though, there IS demand for this sort of thing.  The lore of the game itself shows that Argonians CAN and ARE seen as sexually desirable by many in Tamriel, if the popularity of the "Argonian Maid" series is anything to go by.  There is a massively popular web-comic following the adventures of a sexy Khajiit and equally sexy Argonians, which has generated a TON of fanart.  Also, ss much as may folks may not want to admit it, there are TONS of furries and scalies on the Internet, and the toxicity of their communities really isn't that much worse than most others (nor is it a reason to ignore the individuals who have no part IN that toxicity).  There are lots of Skyrim players out there who would love to make the Argonian (and Khajiit, but Argonians are obviously the more difficult issue) races more appealing to look at, but not a lot has been accomplished so far.

That isn't to say there hasn't been a few success stories.  There are one or two skin mods that do the job pretty well, but those mods are extremely old, haven't been updated in years, and have some obvious issues with seams and such that show their age.  More recently there was the success of the "Feminine Argonian Textures" mod, but that one sort of cheated by removing the scales from the front of the skins, causing it to look like someone just stuck a human torso onto a big lizard.  Mods that turn the species into crossbreeds (basically sticking lizard bits onto human bodies) also feel like a half-measure, practically like cheating.

So!   All that said, are there those of you who just don't care about making the Argonian ladies more pleasing to look at, and why?  Are there folks here who WOULD like to see some better mods for making this underappreciated race a bit sexier?  Have you actually FOUND a collection of mods that accomplishes just that, and want to direct fellow Argonian lovers in their direction?  Have any of you managed to craft an Argonian character that turned out to be quite the looker, and want to share your accomplishment with us here?  Let the discussion commence! XD

Argonian Maid.jpg

Edited by tm2dragon
Picture Added
8 hours ago, tm2dragon said:

Let's break down a few things that might be putting people off with these ladies.  Their voices are scratchy and kind of grating.  Their faces are oddly shaped and difficult to sculpt into anything appealing.  Some people just find a lady with scales and needle teeth to be a turn off.  

These here are some valid points on what's wrong about Argonians in Skyrim. Those voices are horrible, I don't know who would think making them sound like 80 year old heavy smokers (at least females) was a good idea. Khajiit also got screwed on that aspect, though, so it's not exclusive to them (but IMO normal human voices can be weird on Argonians while Khajiit can sometimes get away with it, so they have it a bit easier because you can simply swap their voice type).

The face design is a flaw as well, though I can't really explain what I don't like about it, it's just not appealing. The fact that it's pretty low poly doesn't help either; not that a higher-poly/smoother mesh is going to magically make them attractive (even with the CITRUS heads they don't improve that much because the shape is basically the same), but at least they wouldn't be so blocky and spiky.

Perhaps most importantly, modding Argonians is simply a MASSIVE chore, with few rewards to be gained.  Creating a skin mod is hard work just for then non-scaled races, but at the very least we have a decent starting point (you know, REALITY), plus the results have applications for 90% of the races in Skyrim (including humans, elves, and orcs)!  A decent skin or body mod will be applicable to the vast majority of players, getting the biggest bang for your effort.  Argonian race mods, on the other hand, will need to be done from scratch.  A lot of difficult decisions will have to be made; "do I give them nipples, how does one make a breast look scaly, can I do this in a way that Bodyslide compatible (and won't cause to look stretched and hideous whenever you tweak something), is their a way to beat these blocky faces into something halfway pleasant to look at, can I do anything to make these voices not want me to take an ice-pick to my ear-canals", etc.

This. Human skins can be used on all of the human races, and are easier to create because there are countless resources floating around. Beast races, on the other hand... Not only you have to get it to look good or "realistic" (as realistic as it can get, anyway), but you also need to make such decisions and get it to look good when used on a human body frame.

The thing is though, there IS demand for this sort of thing.  The lore of the game itself shows that Argonians CAN and ARE seen as sexually desirable by many in Tamriel, if the popularity of the "Argonian Maid" series is anything to go by.  There is a massively popular web-comic following the adventures of a sexy Khajiit and equally sexy Argonians, which has generated a TON of fanart.  Also, ss much as may folks may not want to admit it, there are TONS of furries and scalies on the Internet, and the toxicity of their communities really isn't that much worse than most others (nor is it a reason to ignore the individuals who have no part IN that toxicity).  There are lots of Skyrim players out there who would love to make the Argonian (and Khajiit, but Argonians are obviously the more difficult issue) races more appealing to look at, but not a lot has been accomplished so far.

To be honest, in-lore I don't think that many people are interested in Argonians. I mean, other Argonians will obviously be into members of their own race, and there will be plenty of people from other races that may be into beast races, but not as many as such in-lore elements would lead you to believe.

Also I've always thought that while the renown of the Lusty Argonian Maid series was because it featured an Argonian  as the main character and an object of desire, it wasn't really because that much people were into Argonians (though as I said there probably are, just not that many) but rather because the idea was like a taboo or something. Kinda like "OMG check this book out, the guy wants to bang one of them lizards lel WTF" in today's words, lol.

Semi Off-Topic: Also, with the bit about the webcomic, are you talking about Prequel? Because I can't think of any other that fits that description. I personally wouldn't call Katia and/or Quill "sexy" (too cartoony for that), but the "TON of fanart" thing certainly points to it. I mean, if you search for "Elder Scrolls" on R34 sites, chances are 90% of the first results will involve Katia, lol.

That isn't to say there hasn't been a few success stories.  There are one or two skin mods that do the job pretty well, but those mods are extremely old, haven't been updated in years, and have some obvious issues with seams and such that show their age.  More recently there was the success of the "Feminine Argonian Textures" mod, but that one sort of cheated by removing the scales from the front of the skins, causing it to look like someone just stuck a human torso onto a big lizard.  Mods that turn the species into crossbreeds (basically sticking lizard bits onto human bodies) also feel like a half-measure, practically like cheating.

To be fair, I don't consider the Feminine textures to be cheating, or at least not that much. In the case of the Khajiit set, yes; as someone put it once, "it looks like someone wearing a tight spandex Khajiit costume with the front removed", because it's literally a human chest texture pasted over a Khajiit body. But in the case of argonians, it kinda achieves a "smooth lizard belly" effect that I've seen used several times in artwork and it doesn't look that bad (when compared with other alternatives, at least).

Agreed on the crossbreeds; the last thing I want to do is to make beast races more human(oid), even if the lore would allow for it in some situations (like with the Khajiit humanoid/elven subspecies such as Ohmes or Dagi).

7 hours ago, Stuzy44 said:

Hold on....hmm..you think a lizard is sexy or should be?...i'd hate to see your GF...i like mine human...lol

Hey there, buddy. I'm pretty sure you got the wrong address, the Nexus is that way. This is LL, trolling doesn't belong here. Don't worry, we all make mistakes. Now please be on your merry way and have a good day :grin:.

4 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

These here are some valid points on what's wrong about Argonians in Skyrim. Those voices are horrible, I don't know who would think making them sound like 80 year old heavy smokers (at least females) was a good idea. Khajiit also got screwed on that aspect, though, so it's not exclusive to them (but IMO normal human voices can be weird on Argonians while Khajiit can sometimes get away with it, so they have it a bit easier because you can simply swap their voice type).

The face design is a flaw as well, though I can't really explain what I don't like about it, it's just not appealing. The fact that it's pretty low poly doesn't help either; not that a higher-poly/smoother mesh is going to magically make them attractive (even with the CITRUS heads they don't improve that much because the shape is basically the same), but at least they wouldn't be so blocky and spiky.

This. Human skins can be used on all of the human races, and are easier to create because there are countless resources floating around. Beast races, on the other hand... Not only you have to get it to look good or "realistic" (as realistic as it can get, anyway), but you also need to make such decisions and get it to look good when used on a human body frame.

To be honest, in-lore I don't think that many people are interested in Argonians. I mean, other Argonians will obviously be into members of their own race, and there will be plenty of people from other races that may be into beast races, but not as many as such in-lore elements would lead you to believe.

Also I've always thought that while the renown of the Lusty Argonian Maid series was because it featured an Argonian  as the main character and an object of desire, it wasn't really because that much people were into Argonians (though as I said there probably are, just not that many) but rather because the idea was like a taboo or something. Kinda like "OMG check this book out, the guy wants to bang one of them lizards lel WTF" in today's words, lol.

Semi Off-Topic: Also, with the bit about the webcomic, are you talking about Prequel? Because I can't think of any other that fits that description. I personally wouldn't call Katia and/or Quill "sexy" (too cartoony for that), but the "TON of fanart" thing certainly points to it. I mean, if you search for "Elder Scrolls" on R34 sites, chances are 90% of the first results will involve Katia, lol.

To be fair, I don't consider the Feminine textures to be cheating, or at least not that much. In the case of the Khajiit set, yes; as someone put it once, "it looks like someone wearing a tight spandex Khajiit costume with the front removed", because it's literally a human chest texture pasted over a Khajiit body. But in the case of argonians, it kinda achieves a "smooth lizard belly" effect that I've seen used several times in artwork and it doesn't look that bad (when compared with other alternatives, at least).

Agreed on the crossbreeds; the last thing I want to do is to make beast races more human(oid), even if the lore would allow for it in some situations (like with the Khajiit humanoid/elven subspecies such as Ohmes or Dagi).

Hey there, buddy. I'm pretty sure you got the wrong address, the Nexus is that way. This is LL, trolling doesn't belong here. Don't worry, we all make mistakes. Now please be on your merry way and have a good day :grin:.

Hey it was only a joke..settle down...and as for trolling i could have said worse...i guess LL can't take a joke...ok now ...feel better...awwww

1 minute ago, Stuzy44 said:

Hey it was only a joke..settle down...and as for trolling i could have said worse...i guess LL can't take a joke...ok now ...feel better...awwww

Mine was supposed to be a joke as well (and a slight poke at the Nexus and it's relatively toxic community at the same time). So, huh, I guess we should call this a tie? Lol.

Anyway, shall we get back on topic? Argonians are not going to spontaneously beautify themselves, so we would have to do something about it, don't you think?

i don't know...is this what they are..ugly lizard people...lol...there lots of others to pump up and down the place....i guess you could look at it as making skyrim into vogue don't you think...taking it away from the real feel of the place to a level of catwalking...eye candy...anyway those lizards have no nipples...not good at all...at least hauda's a nord...lol

I have a lizard actor i use called Hisss...he is one big ugly SOB...but he get's the burdz..why?...because sexlab made it that way..lol..more fun the underdog getting it...capture the damsel and drag her off to my ugly cave and give her what's what..lol..I also removed the tails because they just go right through me

Edited by Stuzy44
10 hours ago, tm2dragon said:

-snip-

I totally feel you on that one man. As for one, I've wanted to play an Argonian (Female) but the sound mainly just throws me off, and let us not talk about the way the face is made. Now if, for instance, the face in the fanart you included could be achieved to some degree (Less blocky, smooth, etc) then you bet I will try to make a fitting story for one.

I just HOPE at least in ES6 the beast races will receive some love.

In response to Stuzy’s points, realism was never really a factor here.  Argonian and khajiit females have breasts even in the default game, so that argument is pretty much invalid to begin with. As for the APPEAL of having your character jumped by ugly lizard people, that’s totally fine. Just means such a mod would not work for you in particular....or you could just focus on the females, if you’re only into male rapists; maybe even use mods to make the male Argonians scarier!

This is Lovers Lab.  Making stuff sexy that was never supposed to be sexy to begin with is practically our mission statement! We make male armor that leaves thier junk on display, put tits on Dragons, create animations to bang werewolves and zombies, fill mediveal fantasy worlds with modern BDSM gear, AND STICK DICKS ON ANYTHING THAT MOVES!!! We dare to perv what has never been perved before!  In comparison to these accomplishments, making a humanoid race of people that already have realistic human perportions complete with tits appear halfway bangable is something we should have fully accomplished long ago.

Edited by tm2dragon

I for one couldn't care less about female argonians, they are just like flame atronachs and spriggans, whenever some sex action starts to happen with any of those I just abort the scene and try to find out a way to remove them from the actor pool, deactivate some race specific animation etc.

Now that I think of it I would love to see a mod that excludes Khajiit and Argonian females from any Sexlab action.

Males can stay, I'm okay with bestiality.

Edited by Bazinga

Some of this is probably going to be obvious, but...

The choice of character in games like this is always something I've preferred, though I've looked at it more like...it wasn't about me, specifically. Having the character even marginally be similar to me appearance wise wasn't something I ever felt was really needed. The many games which feature a very similar looking, static protagonists never really take my interest either. So many of them bound by, wanting to appeal to a specific type of person, so every aspect of the character, appearance, personality, etc, was made in the attempt to never challenge the mind of the target demographic, mostly by never being something that they would find issue with. But there is the obvious point that, such a design philosophy doesn't make those characters bad, since sometimes that understated character perfectly fits the story. 

I like the idea of options in games, and while it helps when the game in some way acknowledges those options, them being there regardless of that is still a nice thing. Some games would be poorer if those options were not there - say if Mass Effect did not have the FemShep option, for example. No matter if one believes that one VA is better than the other, or the story of one plays out or can play out better depending on choices, having only one VA+One Story would make the game less of what it is. 

More on topic though, I have little problem with the Argonians in the series, though I would likewise agree that some of the design choices make for Skyrim was not the best, or was perhaps not implemented very well. Some things may be a given, in a sense, as how many designs can one come up with for horns? As far as mods go, a lot. Not so much for the vanilla game though. The Claw implementation is a little weak for them as well(though this applies to Khajiit equally), and despite having them, Argonians don't get the unarmed damage bonus. Sure, it would have make the Khajiit a little less unique, but they have the Night Eye power otherwise, and the Argonians have innate Water Breathing. 

Otherwise, the only problem I do have with the Argonains is...save for perhaps individual characters, much of the race as a whole has been portrayed as nothing but a chew toy for other races. I personally consider them with a great deal of respect in general, and of course when writing the parts of the Selachii/Shark Race lore that concerns them. 

No idea if the purpose is to act like the named Orc thread, but if so, why not post screenshots?

PC character shown is, well, Futa.

Spoiler

FaallokaarBlowjob1.thumb.png.65d4073cac3260d603da71f7eaaa6706.pngFaallokaarFromBehind1.thumb.png.a12707829d5480762464d5152a478de8.pngFaallokaarRide1.thumb.png.a6cca14700ebd22888170866c2922a0a.pngFaallokaarRide2.thumb.png.a6b134397c02827e7e0fe214eb1cab72.pngFaallokaarRide3.thumb.png.c07a4af1a3915e9e1ac6d96df3e94da7.png

Removed the schlong texture edit after these shots, just using YevMods schlong texture for the Female Dragonic Argonian textures. Also made the edits to a copy of the Dragonic Argonian body textures to work with the Tail texture fix - as well as making the base texture work with UUNP(the body pictured being UUNP Special - Seraphim). 

Edited by Kuroyami
15 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

Now that I think of it I would love to see a mod that excludes Khajiit and Argonian females from any Sexlab action.

Males can stay, I'm okay with bestiality.

Yes, because Argonians, Khajiits and other anthro races are totally bestiality. What will be your next statement? Let me guess: "Shouldn't you be raping a dog or something, like furries/scalies do"? Ten Septims on that one.

I mean, I get it, you are not into anthros or nonhumans altogether, that's cool. We all have our kinks, and we should respect that. But from that to calling it "bestliality" there's a difference. It's like saying all people into BDSM are psycho rapists or something like that. SMH.

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

Unless we get a small army of people willing to re-record dialogue from scratch (which isn't very likely), fixing the voice issue is pretty much a lost cause.  Maybe the problem could be alleviated somewhat with pitch changes, or replaced with some sort of pleasant hissing or clicking noise that we need subtitles to interpret (just assuming folks can understand them, like with R2D2 or Chewbaka)?

Let's face it, the things would pretty much need to be remade from scratch, or at the very least modified beyond recognition through countless manhours.  I mean, it's not impossible by any means.  Totally custom races and monsters HAVE been created before.  It would just be extremely time consuming and complicated, especially since there would be call to make them customizable to some degree, so that individuals could be distinguished from one-another.

This is a problem for both Argonians AND Khajiit, and not one that has been fixed with a large degree of sucess to date.  A few overhauls HAVE been made, but they all suffered from severe flaws, mostly an inability to match body texture to the heads.  Any decent beast race skin out there tends to turn out looking like you cut off the head and replaced it with a different person's entirely, and seam breaks at the wrists and ankles are common as well.  Any proper overhaul would have to be done top to bottom, both head AND body, to keep things cohesive.  All that keeping in mind that the thing would probably need to be bodyslide compatible, just to fit most of the custom outfits these days.

A decent possibility theory , I'll give you that. :P  Still, it could go either way.  We know from lore that Argonians have been used as a slave race quite often throughout history though, and I'm just as willing to assume that having humanoid females of SOME sort around all the time who didn't have the option of saying "no" would have led to some slave-owners experimenting, and fetishes DO tend to persist and grow over generations.  The lore understandably doesn't go into details about that sort of thing, but the existence and spread of the book leads me to interpret things along those lines.  Besides, in a world where so many races co-exist and intermingle (and gay marriages aren't even squinted at), I imagine they'd be a bit more flexible when it comes to the race or gender of potential sexual partners.

That would be the one. :P  Don't read it myself, but the traces of it are kind of hard to miss if you look up "Skyrim" on any sort of site with adult art.  Yeah, no worries if they don't appeal to you in a sexual way......by the fanart on rule34 though, we have to assume it appeals to quite a few others I'd say. XD

Okay, point taken there.  I'll admit, I spent more time staring at and being confused by the Khajiit textures than I did properly examining the Argonian ones.  The few I saw were pretty badly matched, but it's quite possible I only caught some of the lesser examples.  If they managed some decent color mapping so that the chest matches the scales in hue, and added bits of scaling here and there around the chest and belly to help with the transition, it might actually work as a decent re-skin!  That would solve a decent portion of the problem there (though I'd miss having more options).  Still leaves the face issue though.  Perhaps someone could use that mod as a starting point, and attempt to create heads that matched the tone and transitioned properly at the neck-line?  One mod depending on another isn't really a big deal these days, and it would at least give us an option.

Yeah.  It works for adding a few custom NPCs, or even adding them as an additional race for random spawns, but doesn't fit in right when used as a general replacer for the existing races.  It's not just the lore aspect either.......most are pretty sloppy looking, and just don't look quite right to begin with.

11 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Yes, because Argonians, Khajiits and other anthro races are totally bestiality. What will be your next statement? Let me guess: "Shouldn't you be raping a dog or something, like furries/scalies do"? Ten Septims on that one.

I mean, I get it, you are not into anthros or nonhumans altogether, that's cool. We all have our kinks, and we should respect that. But from that to calling it "bestliality" there's a difference. It's like saying all people into BDSM are psycho rapists or something like that. SMH.

Sorry if I offended you, bestiality was a bit too derogatory.

Let me phrase it differently:

In many Science Fiction shows or books there's a galaxy full of alien species. In some of them like in Vernor Vinge's work many of these species are very original and not even anthropomorphic (talking plants in wheelchairs! telepathic and sentient wolf packs! ... and other awesome stuff), but some are a bit more lazy like for instance Star Trek with its Klingons and Cardassians and the likes.

And while there are some examples of inter-species love stories in that and similar series I would never feel the need to take a peek or fantasize about what that looks like.

Anything that doesn't look human just doesn't do it for me. But for some odd reason I see bestiality as a nice little taboo fetish as long as I don't see it live (big turn-off because animal cruelty) but with virtual animals and girls.

I guess it's quite simple in my case, all the ingredients I need are a hot girl (human!) and anything, really anything that she can rub her sexy parts on. :grimace: 

I fully respect if your fetish is a bit less boring than mine even though I never understood furries or more generally speaking the otherkin stuff at all.

I don't see why I shouldn't voice this viewpoint itt though, the title specifically asks if I want hotter Skyrim beast races (see, not even my idea to call them beasts)  and the answer is no. I shouldn't have mixed up furries and bestiality though, apologies for that.

Edited by Bazinga
16 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

Sorry if I offended you, bestiality was a bit too derogatory. [...]

No harm done. I may have overreacted a tiny bit there, so I apologize as well. It's just I've seen that "bestiality!" "animal rapist hurr durr" insult/joke thrown around several times whenever something remotely "furry" came up, and as someone that identifies as a "furry" myself (at least in the sense that I am into anthropomorphic characters; even though the fursuit/RP deal is not my thing) I'm a bit too tired of it, lol.

But you kept your cool and explained yourself to solve the misunderstanding, so kudos for that :smile:.

Edited by Blaze69

Nah, you didn't overreact.

Sometimes I can be a bit of an ass and mock people just because why not.

It's kinda fun, you know?

The-Slingshot-dennis-the-menace-38395633-450-294.jpg

I usually mean nothing by it though, I respect most fetishes and most people.

It would just be so much easier if everybody had the same fetishes as me though, then I wouldn't have to spend time in MCM menus trying to find out how to stop all the stuff that I don't want to see.

Why can't y'all just be like me damnit?! :P

Edited by Bazinga

I swear I've been editing the head more times than I remember. Just never satisfied with anything. Maybe I'll aim for something more cartoony for giggles and contribute that.

Realizing just now why cant we make it more Gecko like.

Edited by Floopy
Forgot to add
30 minutes ago, Floopy said:

I swear I've been editing the head more times than I remember. Just never satisfied with anything. Maybe I'll aim for something more cartoony for giggles and contribute that.

Realizing just now why cant we make it more Gecko like.

Thats actually a neat idea! Couldn’t hurt to try it and see. I think I read something about there being a gecko girl in the new Ninja Turtles cartoon.  I’ll look into that, see if there are some shapes worth mimicking.

1 hour ago, tm2dragon said:

Not showing up for me.  Wanna try that again, or do I have my settings wrong?

Ignore that, it's just the old "How About No" bear meme. More trolling.

You can't see it because it's hosted in Imgur and it blocks LL from loading its pictures; you would need to set up Referer Control with a special rule to block Imgur so that images hosted there do show up. It's pretty easy, and there is a guide on how to do it somewhere in the forums, but I can't remember where ATM.

On 19.11.2017 at 12:34 PM, Meteox said:

I totally feel you on that one man. As for one, I've wanted to play an Argonian (Female) but the sound mainly just throws me off, and let us not talk about the way the face is made. Now if, for instance, the face in the fanart you included could be achieved to some degree (Less blocky, smooth, etc) then you bet I will try to make a fitting story for one.

I just HOPE at least in ES6 the beast races will receive some love.

why not remove all ugly creatures from Skyrim, all old NPCs, all khajiit, all argonians and also most animals?
All of that is totally ugly and just add everything beautiful in Skyrim!
that was meant ironically!
that's what male Argonians should look like. :cool:

https://youtu.be/eOXE5afcWQY

and that is a joke for the gods!
on such ideas come only Asians. lol

Spoiler

Argonian Maid.jpg