Trait Fix

johnusa

41 minutes ago, mirlo1 said:

I tried to edit the file myself but i get only an error message when i try to save. Perhaps here its a bit different or i am doing something wrong: modthesims.info/download.php?t=569993

I get this error message:

The Sims 4 Studio - Version 3.1.0.4
System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei S4Studio.Data.IO.Tuning.SimDataResource.ProcessXField(List`1 tables, IList`1 schemas, UInt32 vh, row_data row, XElement xfield, SimDataType cSimtype, String cname) in C:\Sims\Studio\S4S\TheS4Studio\S4Studio.Shared\IO\Tuning\SimData\SimDataResource.cs:Zeile 648.
   bei S4Studio.Data.IO.Tuning.SimDataResource.GenerateRowData(List`1 tables, XElement xtable, IList`1 schemas) in C:\Sims\Studio\S4S\TheS4Studio\S4Studio.Shared\IO\Tuning\SimData\SimDataResource.cs:Zeile 631.
   bei S4Studio.Data.IO.Tuning.SimDataResource.Write(Stream stream, IReferenceList resources) in C:\Sims\Studio\S4S\TheS4Studio\S4Studio.Shared\IO\Tuning\SimData\SimDataResource.cs:Zeile 48.
   bei S4Studio.Data.IO.Package.DBPFPackage.WriteResourceStream(FileStream final_stream, IPackedResource resource, IDBPFResourcePointer index) in C:\Sims\Studio\S4S\TheS4Studio\S4Studio.Shared\IO\Package\DBPFPackage.cs:Zeile 553.
   bei S4Studio.Data.IO.Package.DBPFPackage.WriteDataStream(Stream src_stream, FileStream final_stream) in C:\Sims\Studio\S4S\TheS4Studio\S4Studio.Shared\IO\Package\DBPFPackage.cs:Zeile 522.
   bei S4Studio.Data.IO.Package.DBPFPackage.SaveTempPackage(String out_file, String tmp, Stream pkg_stream) in C:\Sims\Studio\S4S\TheS4Studio\S4Studio.Shared\IO\Package\DBPFPackage.cs:Zeile 457.
   bei S4Studio.Data.IO.Package.DBPFPackage.Save(String out_file, Boolean inline, String temp_path) in C:\Sims\Studio\S4S\TheS4Studio\S4Studio.Shared\IO\Package\DBPFPackage.cs:Zeile 384.
   bei S4Studio.Shared.StudioDocumentModel.Save(String filename) in C:\Sims\Studio\S4S\TheS4Studio\S4Studio.Shared\ViewModels\App\StudioDocumentModel.cs:Zeile 254.

Can you copy the file to txt the data and the tunning file and you can mail ben.annoniem@gmail.com and ill show you because on line 48 in the tunning trait file it can be a small typo

7 minutes ago, mirlo1 said:

Wow cool! Thank you. What did i wrong?? I used this explanaition: https://simsvip.com/2017/11/15/custom-trait-making-trait-compatible-pets/

Tunning trait file

Line 2: <I s="12710304192972470408" c="Trait" i="trait" m="traits.traits" n="{Mama}_{Custom_Siren}_{Trait}_{Siren}">

<I c="Trait" i="trait" m="traits.traits" n="{Mama}_{Custom_Siren}_{Trait}_{Siren}" s="12710304192972470408">

Line 8:    

<E>TEEN</E>
  <E>ADULT</E>
  <E>BABY</E>
  <E>CHILD</E>
<E>UNUSED_FLAG</E>  <--------Deleten
  <E>ELDER</E>
  <E>YOUNGADULT</E>

Line 17

<T n="cas_trait_asm_param">TS4BAT_Undefined</T> need to look like this <T n="cas_trait_asm_param">Active</T>

Line 18 and 19 need to look like this:

<T n="display_name">0x12ECA9E5!--Siren--></T>
  <T n="display_name_gender_neutral">0x12ECA9E5<!--Siren--></T>

Line 24 till 35 need to look like this

<E n="min_lod_value">MINIMUM</E>
  <L n="species">
    <E />
  </L>
  <L n="tags">
  <E>TraitPersonality</E>
  <E>TraitGroup_TYPE HERE</E>
 </L>
 <T n="trait_description">TYPE CODE HERE</T>
 <E n="trait_type">PERSONALITY</E>
 <V t="ui_trait_category_tag" n="ui_category" />
</I>

3 hours ago, johnusa said:

Tunning trait file

Line 2: <I s="12710304192972470408" c="Trait" i="trait" m="traits.traits" n="{Mama}_{Custom_Siren}_{Trait}_{Siren}">

<I c="Trait" i="trait" m="traits.traits" n="{Mama}_{Custom_Siren}_{Trait}_{Siren}" s="12710304192972470408">

Line 8:    

<E>TEEN</E>
  <E>ADULT</E>
  <E>BABY</E>
  <E>CHILD</E>
<E>UNUSED_FLAG</E>  <--------Deleten
  <E>ELDER</E>
  <E>YOUNGADULT</E>

Line 17

<T n="cas_trait_asm_param">TS4BAT_Undefined</T> need to look like this <T n="cas_trait_asm_param">Active</T>

Line 18 and 19 need to look like this:

<T n="display_name">0x12ECA9E5!--Siren--></T>
  <T n="display_name_gender_neutral">0x12ECA9E5<!--Siren--></T>

Line 24 till 35 need to look like this

<E n="min_lod_value">MINIMUM</E>
  <L n="species">
    <E />
  </L>
  <L n="tags">
  <E>TraitPersonality</E>
  <E>TraitGroup_TYPE HERE</E>
 </L>
 <T n="trait_description">TYPE CODE HERE</T>
 <E n="trait_type">PERSONALITY</E>
 <V t="ui_trait_category_tag" n="ui_category" />
</I>

You are great thank you very much :-)

Hi John, 

I was wondering if you could convert these for me? It's kind of a tall order but I would be extremely grateful. I finally found the DS traits I was looking for. Here ya go!

Also I was wondering about the traits I mentioned earlier, you say you have them working in your game? Do you get any special whims or buffs with them?

11 hours ago, VelvetKiss said:

Hi John, 

I was wondering if you could convert these for me? It's kind of a tall order but I would be extremely grateful. I finally found the DS traits I was looking for. Here ya go!

Also I was wondering about the traits I mentioned earlier, you say you have them working in your game? Do you get any special whims or buffs with them?

Here are some allready fixt

Try this link there are more fixt Drew Shivers traits

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/88012-more-then-160-trait-fix-download-here/

26 minutes ago, johnusa said:

Yes and I guess I have 200 more to update so I think there will be a lot of people with to much traits in there mod files.

YIKES! You poor soul! You are so generous to be doing this though! So many traits have been broken for so long it doesn't surprise me you are avalanched with many. 

7 minutes ago, VelvetKiss said:

YIKES! You poor soul! You are so generous to be doing this though! So many traits have been broken for so long it doesn't surprise me you are avalanched with many. 

I guess i have my selfish reasons also now i get the change to own a lot of traits and try them out did not expect so manny traits, a lot of them have the same type off buffs but still interesting to see what traits are out there.

I learn more and more about the traits and how it works and see how the Creators made this wonderfull stuff and get a little inside of the people who use them and why.

Still much to do and a lot of them are really old never bin updated so that are the once that take the most time to repair. I just updated the Zodiac traits there online right now and start to work on Simmer Sarah here work.

Enjoy the traits and go play the sims have fun.

Best Regards,

Dutch John

• 2 months later...

Hi. I was wondering if you were still taking requests for updating traits? Its fine if your not, I was just hoping you could update these for me.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n9M8fQ1ud3trNFV3mwpWEliif42ZBMf9

If you can't update them, would you mind telling me how to do it? I have tried the simsvip way, but ive followed the steps closely and checked them before saving, but i constantly get an error message.

Thanks again

Hi, John,

First of all, I want to thank you for all of your hard work, it is greatly appreciated. One of the traits that I missed was a Drew Shivers trait (Protective} When I first saw it, I was so happy. I downloaded it and it worked fine...but then it stopped showing up and I cant see it anymore in CAS. Could you tell me what possibly could have gone wrong? I took out all of my mods except that one and it still didn't show up. Thanks in advance for all your help. 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived