Dead Or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation - Modding Thread and Discussion -

On 8/21/2018 at 9:31 PM, kholdy said:

No - if you use a girl as your Ace once throughout the various ranks (E through A), you'll complete a mission in the Owner tab after each battle that unlocks a new scene to use for screenshots. This picture shows Helena's, it requires me to use her as my ace in an E-rank match.

Note that only the main missions count for this, not dailies/events.

image.thumb.png.2ba957f2348ce9cb9fc3b94d7ea7b7a7.png

Oh man, thanks for that ! Eyeopener. Now I can take pics of my girls on the beach ?. LOT of work though. Thanks again

btw, anyone knows what these mean ??? the gold cups and the SR crystals, and what to do with them ??

DOAX_VV cup.jpg

DOAX_VV crystals.jpg

19 minutes ago, Hans Jürgen said:

Oh man, thanks for that ! Eyeopener. Now I can take pics of my girls on the beach ?. LOT of work though. Thanks again

btw, anyone knows what these mean ??? the gold cups and the SR crystals, and what to do with them ??

DOAX_VV cup.jpg

DOAX_VV crystals.jpg

Trophies are titles you can set on your profile. The Crystals are used to upgrade skills on swimsuits if you don't have dupes to use.

3 minutes ago, kholdy said:

Trophies are titles you can set on your profile. The Crystals are used to upgrade skills on swimsuits if you don't have dupes to use.

Thanks man ! I wish they would make an english translation. I have NO idea what to do with these ""events", how to get all the right stuff etc.

And  i´m too stoopid for the reddit page, it doesn´t really explain things so i can understand.

Well, anyway, thanks, and please keep modding guys !!!!!

16 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

I updated my AradiaLace Mod. Nothing major on content wise, but its an attempt to make thing easier to use and more modular without having to create too many additional ini files which i found cumbersome. Anyways, the 1.2 version uses KeyBindings while the suit is displayed on screen to cycle between the available textures and also available combinations of the suit components.

SelectorPreview.thumb.jpg.8b8fa176254fe73a9ef69b6311de2394.jpg

Use Shift + PageUp/PageDown to change colors.

Use Control + PageUp/PageDown to toggle suit components.

Would any other modder be interested in also adding functionality like this? I also posted a template file which shows lists some of how it works. The biggest complaint I know people will have is that the Color/Component selection will reset every time the game is relaunched since I don't believe there is currently a way to persist it between sessions yet. If so, let me know, I'd like to try and come up with some guide-lines to keep the experiences similar between mods (such as the key bindings) so it doesn't get too complicated for the end-user. Luckily this modification is self contained and did not require any additional modifications to the d3dx.ini like i asked people to make for supporting conditional shadows.

Currently, the mesh/color selection is shared between all characters who share the same model, but I'm still poking around in ways to try and discern between one character versus another that share the same meshes. If anyone is interested in helping, PM me and I'll share what I've tried. What makes it so difficult is that the only data available to perform logical conditions on is what ultimately based on what's being rendered on screen and the order that its done in. The only reason why i think it may be somewhat possible is because some of the first draw calls are almost always each characters head which are unique between characters, but after that you need to correlate the rest of the draw calls back to which character they belong to. If that is determined, then you should easily be able to pinpoint which character's color/mesh combo you want to cycle and also when drawing, which color/mesh combo are supposed to draw each time to keep them aligned, ideally in the most generic way possible to share between mods.

how do you make them invisible ?

when i try, i can change the selected part and change color white-red-black, but i cant make parts invisible :/

6 hours ago, alpalia said:

how do you make them invisible ?

when i try, i can change the selected part and change color white-red-black, but i cant make parts invisible :/

Just to make sure there isn't just a misunderstanding about how to use it. Here's a graphical guide on using the key-bindings.

SelectorUsage.png.35721936615e1a5ee87fda61fc843ca9.png

Be aware, that there are more combinations for the suit pieces, I just was showcasing you could traverse the options in both directions. The mod has 4 main components that toggle, the choker, bra, skirt, and panty and every combination is available.

Now, if you still have issues with it let me know. I may have some test/debug stuff i left in from testing that got mixed in the mod or my environment.

On 8/21/2018 at 5:40 AM, kholdy said:

Home page top right, click camera, then click as follows:

image.png.6ec2567dcb7293f74b10368d59394aee.png

image.png.14141609da3ea1342b9340d509d67959.png

image.png.d1fb86f816652e125ca2dde770479ea1.png

The top buttons change the scene, the lower buttons change which part of the scene to use (for the bed, this is only the bed, but the beach has multiple options for example).

How do you unlock the different scenes? I've got a few open on my starting character but the rest all just have the photo booth available

34 minutes ago, kokorosss said:

Could you tell me the mod should be put in which folder? thanks

Extract the zip file and then read the README.txt inside. It's listed at step 2 of the installation.

Spoiler

Installation:
1. Generic Modding setup: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/87780-dead-or-alive-xtreme-venus-vacation/?do=findComment&comment=2211359
2. Copy Folder and all its contents into: DOAX-VenusVacation/Mods/Costumes/
3. Rename any folder with White Lace mods to prefix with DISABLED (Example: "White Lace Nude" -> "DISABLED White Lace Nude")

2 hours ago, knight77 said:

New Event, new revealing Outfit:

Hide contents

DOAX-VenusVacation_180823_112101.thumb.jpg.c5b43c6878b1a121174ba2972f40e676.jpgRacing.thumb.jpg.22d1bdd6003548c9ce00778fe72e9cbe.jpg

SSR_Event_Racing.rar

P.S.: This thread was allways kinda messy, but now there are so many useless posts of random picture posts and questions about the game in general, which could easily be answered in the reddit section.

Please people, try to keep this thread only about modding THIS game.

Why does this happen to Honoka? This happens even when I have costume mods disabled if the files still exist.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ae71d2db18b22b1278007c7a18384dcb.png

Spoiler
44 minutes ago, kholdy said:

Why does this happen to Honoka? This happens even when I have costume mods disabled if the files still exist.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.ae71d2db18b22b1278007c7a18384dcb.png

Looks like you are missing the texture file for Honoka in general. If you disabled the costume mods, it shouldnt like this. Have you copied my package into the /mod/costume folder?

26 minutes ago, knight77 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Looks like you are missing the texture file for Honoka in general. If you disabled the costume mods, it shouldnt like this. Have you copied my package into the /mod/costume folder?

Yes, I have a lot of other mods, including for Honoka, and they all work fine. I had this same issue with Luna's Apache outfit and ended up disabling that, even though other Luna mods worked fine.

41 minutes ago, kholdy said:

Yes, I have a lot of other mods, including for Honoka, and they all work fine. I had this same issue with Luna's Apache outfit and ended up disabling that, even though other Luna mods worked fine.

Hm... Dont know what it is then. I only noticed that with the second event episode, the modded outfit changes during the scene. It works most of the time, but then suddenly the underlaying body mesh changes back to the original while the modded clothes stay the same.

Maybe the developer changed slightly the way they do the mods and using more VB instead of IB so that our common workflow by using IB is now a bit off.

12 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

Just to make sure there isn't just a misunderstanding about how to use it. Here's a graphical guide on using the key-bindings.

SelectorUsage.png.35721936615e1a5ee87fda61fc843ca9.png

Be aware, that there are more combinations for the suit pieces, I just was showcasing you could traverse the options in both directions. The mod has 4 main components that toggle, the choker, bra, skirt, and panty and every combination is available.

Now, if you still have issues with it let me know. I may have some test/debug stuff i left in from testing that got mixed in the mod or my environment.

i perfectly followed instruction.

i can change the color no problem.

but i cant disable parts.

if for exempl i make the following : ctrl+pagdown > ctrl+pagedown>ctrl+pageup....

it didnt make the panty disabled. but it let the panty.

i noticed that if i change the color , then only the panty change color ( exempl , i can have the whole outfit black and turn panty only red). i can change color of the various piece separatly so i can have a red panty with a white outfit and a black necklace.

but i cant getany part at all disabled :/

i installed the files correctly and i use the command as mentionned.

did i miss something maybe ?

1 hour ago, alpalia said:

i perfectly followed instruction.

i can change the color no problem.

but i cant disable parts.

if for exempl i make the following : ctrl+pagdown > ctrl+pagedown>ctrl+pageup....

it didnt make the panty disabled. but it let the panty.

i noticed that if i change the color , then only the panty change color ( exempl , i can have the whole outfit black and turn panty only red). i can change color of the various piece separatly so i can have a red panty with a white outfit and a black necklace.

but i cant getany part at all disabled :/

i installed the files correctly and i use the command as mentionned.

did i miss something maybe ?

If i had to guess, it would be that you overlayed the newest version on top of the old one and since the ini files changed names you have both the older static mod for whatever color plus the selector. I did enforce draw order in the newest update so some are probably drawing on top or underneath the old version which is why you get different colors between pieces. It also means when you toogle pieces off, thd selector one stops, but the old static mod is still drawing in its place so it appears it didnt disappear.

Basically if you are using the selector ini, make sure all the other ini files are prefixed with "DISABLED " inside the aradia lace mod folder.

4 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

If i had to guess, it would be that you overlayed the newest version on top of the old one and since the ini files changed names you have both the older static mod for whatever color plus the selector. I did enforce draw order in the newest update so some are probably drawing on top or underneath the old version which is why you get different colors between pieces. It also means when you toogle pieces off, thd selector one stops, but the old static mod is still drawing in its place so it appears it didnt disappear.

Basically if you are using the selector ini, make sure all the other ini files are prefixed with "DISABLED " inside the aradia lace mod folder.

i indeed have multiple ini in the folder.

they are a buncho f them that are "DISABLED" , they all containt "static" in the name. and i have 3 of them that doesnt have disable. its :

aradialaceneck

aradialace

aradialace-selector

On 8/22/2018 at 7:20 PM, Hans Jürgen said:

Thanks man ! I wish they would make an english translation.

Who are you talking about? No one has the right to play in this game outside the borders of Japan.
By the way, why they dont want to let foreigners into their games????? They are afraid to damage the image of Japan? IMAO!!!!!