CPU

Site questions, comments, and suggestions

On 6/8/2018 at 9:46 PM, Benmc20 said:

ESR version then ? Switch to the 60.0.2 non ESR (or ESR as you wish). Your version is too old.

Thanks, I updated to version 60.0.  If there are problems again, I will inform you.

My antivirus keeps catching malware that is trying to install off of this site. This happens at several different URLs and has happened many times, sometimes blocking several attacks at once. It's not when I am trying to download a file, it just happens randomly when I load a page. 

Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 8.32.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 12.52.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 12.54.38 AM.png

Heyho,

I test Vortex at the moment and came across this nice little option in the picture.

Now I have the question: are there plans to provide such Meta Server for LoversLab mods? Is this even feasible with the given forum software?

If it's possible, IMHO this would be a very great feature to see!

metaserver.png

Hi again to Ashal and the team,

I noticed you changed fonts recently. The new one seems much clearer/modern than the previous one, so it's a pleasure to read...

But it seems some weird issues appeared since then on image management : some of the images that could previously be seamlessly put together (to form a uniform whole) seem to have been resized to a smaller size. But not all of them ? So I've got normal sized images together with resized ones, and it breaks my assemblings. Plus some got lines around them, while other are seamless. :classic_blink:

Summ_Morn_W_-_G1.pngSumm_Morn_W_-_D1.png
Summ_Morn_W_-_G2.pngSumm_Morn_W_-_D2.png
Summ_Morn_W_-_G3.pngSumm_Morn_W_-_D3.png
Summ_Morn_W_-_G4.pngSumm_Morn_W_-_D4.png
Summ_Morn_W_-_G5.pngSumm_Morn_W_-_D5.png
Summ_Morn_W_-_G6.pngSumm_Morn_W_-_D6.png
Summ_Morn_W_-_G7.pngSumm_Morn_W_-_D7.png
Summ_Morn_W_-_G8.pngSumm_Morn_W_-_D8.png
Summ_Morn_W_-_G9.pngSumm_Morn_W_-_D9.png
Summ_Morn_W_-_G10.pngSumm_Morn_W_-_D10.png

(poor Tabi got her image broken :'().

As you can see chapter 4 and 5 right images are displayed full width.. while the corresponding parts on the left are resized, which creates holes. Also notice the line outlining the image with her amulet... whereas there is no line in between the chapters 2 & 3 images. And if i refresh it, the place the lines are do change... So it looks like it's just random !

It's not related to the image compression, as pngs and jpegs seem affected equally. It's not related to them being clickable either. It could be linked to the imagehost, but then why then some aren't affected/resized ?

So.. any idea about the cause ? Is this a new bug ? Thanks by advance. :classic_angel:

38 minutes ago, Tirloque said:

Shift-Right click on the image, you should be able to set the exact size in pixels.

Maybe it can help.

34 minutes ago, CPU said:

Shift-Right click on the image, you should be able to set the exact size in pixels.

Maybe it can help.

Thanks CPU. I know about that possibility. It helps getting the normal sized images to the size of resized ones. Only thing forum's engine seems just to refuse going the other way, is to say getting the smaller (24 px) images at their original sizes (32) as it considers that like an enlargement. And that resize is quite harsh considering the images were far from filling the basic forum's width, so it's quite small. ?

Previously, the use of direct bbcode allowed the users to bypass forum's resize to a certain extent. It seems it's still the case as my story entries are unaffected. So I don't get why some images are affected and some aren't, but having created/updated those entries recently i know this issue is posterior to my entries last update. I think it must have happened since the fonts changed in fact. That's why I'm suspecting some kind of bug. :classic_angel:

24 minutes ago, Alter Native said:

I'm not sure, but it seems to be a problem with direct links to images vs links to the stored image. Some of your images in your library got their size changed as well.

No, the ones  in the library do all have the intended size (i deliberately didn't enlarge the feature image of the blogs that were mostly unavailable ; and the ones with double blogs are intended to be nearly twice as small). And I always used direct link so far. million_dollar_baby.gif

The image in my profile's « about me » page got affected by the resize bug too though. Dunno if it's happening to other people. :classic_biggrin:

9 minutes ago, Tirloque said:

Thanks CPU. I know about that possibility. It helps getting the normal sized images to the size of resized ones. Only thing forum's engine seems just to refuse going the other way, is to say getting the smaller (24 px) images at their original sizes (32) as it considers that like an enlargement. And that resize is quite harsh considering the images were far from filling the basic forum's width, so it's quite small. ?

Previously, the use of direct bbcode allowed the users to bypass forum's resize to a certain extent. It seems it's still the case as my story entries are unaffected. So I don't get why some images are affected and some aren't, but having created/updated those entries recently i know this issue is posterior to my entries last update. I think it must have happened since the fonts changed in fact. That's why I'm suspecting some kind of bug. :classic_angel:

No, the ones  in the library do all have the intended size (i deliberately didn't enlarge the feature image of the blogs that were mostly unavailable ; and the ones with double blogs are intended to be nearly twice as small).

The image in my profile's « about me » page got affected by the resize bug too though. Dunno if it's happening to other people. :classic_biggrin:

Contributors have a slightly higher control on it (but only on their own stuff.)

Moderators have full control also on somebody else post.

So, but it is just me, not the whole staff, just let me know a post or two to try to fix, and I will try to fix.

No promises on the time or on the result.

Yeeeaaaah. Only through PMs.

39 minutes ago, Alter Native said:

So for me the "bugged" images look like this.

a.thumb.JPG.02d8cc947388153dbe6813bd70b21619.JPG

I don't think this is a feature. The bottom was is a direct link, the upper one is not.

O_o

Well it's indeed not a feature, this image was supposed to be 960 px large. But it's also supposed to be a direct link (though it's from postimage, while the lower one is tumblr). Not to mention i've got it displayed perfectly on my side.

LLresizebug1.thumb.jpg.fea4a8f61e4edde15e4b8672841d65d2.jpg

But it gets stranger by the minute : I just opened again my Bookshelf entry, and some of the images that were previously affected now aren't (the portrait in the middle), while some that were unaffected (the upper lines of the two first assemblings) now are. And that while I haven't edited anything !

LLresizebug3.thumb.jpg.00c055a021036befca6799a26d100133.jpg

The portrait in the middle was previously affected on my computer, and now it's not anymore (all of them are in reality of the same size) ! And this time, both the images are from the same image host.

LLresizebug2.thumb.jpg.50e7e529c426474edb6e24c8fe27aea0.jpg

:classic_laugh:

39 minutes ago, CPU said:

Contributors have a slightly higher control on it (but only on their own stuff.)

Moderators have full control also on somebody else post.

So, but it is just me, not the whole staff, just let me know a post or two to try to fix, and I will try to fix.

No promises on the time or on the result.

Yeeeaaaah. Only through PMs.

Thanks for your offer CPU, you're always ready to help your fellow loverslabers and that's something not everyone can claim. But I think it's not the way that the images are coded that is the issue, but the way the forum's engine does read them ; as the issue is randomly affecting unaffected images, and then not affecting them afterwards. Plus the affected ones seem not to be the same to every user. It's so random that I can't see it as anything but some kind of bug, and since it wasn't happening before the font update I think it's related to it.  :classic_blink:

29 minutes ago, Tirloque said:

Thanks for your offer CPU...

Sadly we can't change IPS (the site software) too much.

But for some specific things I can use my "power" to try to fix things quickly.

Of course my available time is close to zero.,

11 hours ago, CPU said:

Sadly we can't change IPS (the site software) too much.

But for some specific things I can use my "power" to try to fix things quickly.

Of course my available time is close to zero.,

Well sometimes when Ashal does tweak something in the forum it does break another (like the themes for example). It seems that I'm not the only one affected, at least from the viewing side.

Would you confirm that it's a bug, and no obvious fix present itself, why don't just revert the font change that brought this 48H ago ? It would probably be less time consuming than getting assaulted by PMs asking you to fix images (that do in fact change of size with each access). :classic_angel:

Now I'm also trying to ascertain if this isn't one more of Postimage new "features". 'cause if it is, then it would be the third major upset regarding their imagehosting services. Which would start to be a bit too much for me to consider them as reliable. If you want, I could report to you what they do say about it.

1 hour ago, Tirloque said:

Well sometimes when Ashal does tweak something in the forum it does break another (like the themes for example). It seems that I'm not the only one affected, at least from the viewing side.

Would you confirm that it's a bug, and no obvious fix present itself, why don't just revert the font change that brought this 48H ago ? It would probably be less time consuming than getting assaulted by PMs asking you to fix images (that do in fact change of size with each access). :classic_angel:

Now I'm also trying to ascertain if this isn't one more of Postimage new "features". 'cause if it is, then it would be the third major upset regarding their imagehosting services. Which would start to be a bit too much for me to consider them as reliable. If you want, I could report to you what they do say about it.

Post at least a link to one of the pages giving errors.

It will be easier for me to check it.

1 hour ago, CPU said:

Post at least a link to one of the pages giving errors.

It will be easier for me to check it.

https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/6058-the-small-library/

https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/6891-the-chronicles-bookshelf/

But having emptied my cache only postimage's images are affected (though not all of them, which is why it's strange). Our tests so far seem to suggest that they'd display redirected miniatures instead of full size images, even though using the direct url. So it's possible the problem isn't on Loverlabs' side. As Loverlab's font changed nearly at the same time, it's possible that made me jump to conclusions. I've messaged them to ascertain this. :classic_angel:

52 minutes ago, Tirloque said:

https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/6058-the-small-library/

https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/6891-the-chronicles-bookshelf/

But having emptied my cache only postimage's images are affected (though not all of them, which is why it's strange). Our tests so far seem to suggest that they'd display redirected miniatures instead of full size images, even though using the direct url. So it's possible the problem isn't on Loverlabs' side. As Loverlab's font changed nearly at the same time, it's possible that made me jump to conclusions. I've messaged them to ascertain this. :classic_angel:

You are splitting an image in parts to then try to align it and add links to the sub-parts.

Sadly the only way to do it with right alignment is to add tables.

But the editor does not allow tables.

5 hours ago, CPU said:

You are splitting an image in parts to then try to align it and add links to the sub-parts.

Sadly the only way to do it with right alignment is to add tables.

But the editor does not allow tables.

You mean, like this ?

oWmfOYXU_o.pngx0foopkS_o.png
pAfyTGZb_o.png6rNBD4Ej_o.png
miumcior_o.pngW5UGF638_o.png
bAUghj6K_o.pngFZwsQ0iK_o.png
0m2DuunO_o.pngxBCZPAm6_o.png
5jaInifB_o.pngyH9KqEsu_o.png
TQsm9ApL_o.pngKhO5YEji_o.png
1l2ZbuKi_o.pngofwB1BI7_o.png
P7vQ8z4G_o.pnglwxjRrW0_o.png
5feWJcmt_o.pngZX5SjUDi_o.png

:classic_cool:

The new engine sure has his cons (the lack of bbcode), but it also has its perks. That's one of them : the ability to place images seamlessly right next to each other. 

I'm not the one who discovered this and managed to exploit it that way, credits for the LL clickable menu concept goes to Alter Native. I merely inspired myself from him there. There are quite the « Mc Gyvers » guys among LL's bloggers, I assure you. :classic_wink:

Anyway, it appears that even if the problem appeared shorty after a forum update, it was Postimage, the image host that was responsible for this. Another of the drawbacks of their services. After the change of urls, the untold recompression, and now that. They're proving themselves unreliable, and I was wrong to think LL was bugged. I'll now have to inform the other bloggers (again ?) about Postimage.

Sorry to have disturbed you, CPU ; and thanks for the effort you put in answering. :classic_smile:

Must stress out the old problem again. No keyboard key (arrows, enter, backspace and so on) works in blog section when answering on the posts. This problem is present few days already but I didn't say a word hoping it will be solved by itself when upgrading. Sorry, but must say that this is a bit frustrating.

Hi, I use to browse loverslab on mobile a lot. I observed that since the new update (the one like 1 month ago) topics like post your sexy screens, vrash my mobile browser. Is it problem on my side or could it be something else?

Both of my ignores seem to still be functioning.  The last person I put on ignore was back in March and their posts are thankfully still being blocked.  Did you add this person to ignore recently?