CPU

Site questions, comments, and suggestions

Does anyone know of any "modern" way to manage my file attachments? I have a lot of duplicates plus some really obsolete xml's (etc.) but when I go to "Manage Attachments" there is no way to multi-select files- and so when I apply my filter and sort-order and finally find 4 files in a row I want to delete, I can only delete one, and the minute I do the system wipes out my filter, my sort order and my page within those parameters and forces me to start all over again to delete another file. Using this 1862 steam-tractor methodology :classic_tongue: , it is taking me about a minute and a half to delete one file. So of course, I quit trying.

Please, somebody point me to a modern interface where I can multi-select attached files to delete. Thanks.

20 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

Does anyone know of any "modern" way to manage my file attachments? I have a lot of duplicates plus some really obsolete xml's (etc.) but when I go to "Manage Attachments" there is no way to multi-select files- and so when I apply my filter and sort-order and finally find 4 files in a row I want to delete, I can only delete one, and the minute I do the system wipes out my filter, my sort order and my page within those parameters and forces me to start all over again to delete another file. Using this 1862 steam-tractor methodology :classic_tongue: , it is taking me about a minute and a half to delete one file. So of course, I quit trying.

Please, somebody point me to a modern interface where I can multi-select attached files to delete. Thanks.

I would be nice even if there was a check box you could go through and click on then delete what you want all at once.

2 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

I would be nice even if there was a check box you could go through and click on then delete what you want all at once.

Exactly- Last night was the first time I had ever visited "manage attachments" and I was quite surprised to find no (obvious) way to multi-select as you described. I'm still hoping there is a way and I just failed to find it.

There isn't .  I never seen a way.

When I clean it I just start from the front and work my way back. Front to back ;) like other things.. .great for hygiene. lol. don't sort and such. Just remove all the attachments you want that way. Navagate to the page listed above then delete if you plan on keeping most of them.  click, delete, refresh select rinse and repeat.

there was an attachment management plugin I played around with a while back. It likely adds a lot of stuff you're hoping for now. If I recall though, it also added a bunch of other annoying stuff that complicated things that didn't need complication; so I ultimately didn't use it. I'll play around with it again though and see if I can make it work out.