Site questions, comments, and suggestions

1 hour ago, Benmc20 said:

- textual forum : 03 Août 2018 (in English : 03 august 2018)

So, yeah, date sorting in French is also possible...

Here you made a mistake, in English ( America) it should mean : August 03. 2018

edit: but you're right, in England is the day before the month.

Spoiler

British English
British English is the day before the month. The last two letters of the ordinal number can be appended to the day. Less often the preposition is set before the month. The year can be separated by a comma, but this is no longer common in British English on a mere date.

Example: 5 (th) (of) October (,) 2004

American English
In American English, the month is before the day. Between month and day the particular article can be set (rather rare). The year is usually separated by a comma.

Example: October (the) 5 (th), 2004

32 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

Thank you. Based on sorting concerns, would not yyyy/mm/dd be the best choice?

This format is absolutely the best, because it is impossible to miss-understand and easy to sort.

It is the format I always use when adding a date somewhere.

7 minutes ago, CPU said:

This format is absolutely the best, because it is impossible to miss-understand and easy to sort.

It is the format I always use when adding a date somewhere.

Yes, it is the best. It is a universal standard as CPU stated. No matter what data is used (for the date) it can always be sorted easily with that format.  YYYY/MM/DD. Try it.

Really useful for mods here on LL and other long term storage on the computer.

I want to apologize if my post caused drama. I didn't attack anyone and didn't want to insult anyone. Therefore I put certain words in quotes. I used my short break on the work for answering the mails and to do few short posts. I'm aware that my arguments sucked, were incomplete and the choice of the words was poor. I blame myself for that, not the lack of the time.

Anyway, since DD/MM/YYYY is not acceptable, YYYY/MM/DD is the better choice then MM/DD/YYYY.

26 minutes ago, EvalovesEP said:

I want to apologize if my post caused drama. I didn't attack anyone and didn't want to insult anyone. Therefore I put certain words in quotes. I used my short break on the work for answering the mails and to do few short posts. I'm aware that my arguments sucked, were incomplete and the choice of the words was poor. I blame myself for that, not the lack of the time.

Anyway, since DD/MM/YYYY is not acceptable, YYYY/MM/DD is the better choice then MM/DD/YYYY.

no drama for me, just a clarification and my guess, the most who visit this website, are not Americans. :classic_laugh:

1 hour ago, EvalovesEP said:

No drama. We are here to make the best.

What!  There was "Drama" about damn dates format...

? Use what you want.... Who cares? I don't. Doubt others do. I thought it was a discussion and an attempt to get the best alternative and why it was so. If I remotely thought it was an "drama" I would have just moved on.

Lets not make this a regional fight... because only the international version of yyyymmdd makes sense. It's the only one that actually sorts by date correctly and accurately.  This simply is not a fight you can win if you disagree here...

6 hours ago, TanookiTamaTachi said:

YYYY/MM/DD - best

DD/MM/YYYY - ok

MM/DD/YYYY - weird

the last one is the more commonly used one where i live, but i have seen the others used as well ( YYYY/MM/DD being the least used )

3 hours ago, Ashal said:

Lets not make this a regional fight... because only the international version of yyyymmdd makes sense. It's the only one that actually sorts by date correctly and accurately.  This simply is not a fight you can win if you disagree here...

I, for one, am in violent agreement with you. :classic_tongue:

Hi. Please can I ask for real size of cover image/profile picture or how names it. Its looking like size changed again. I found it in profileheader but dont understand to all these lines. Just please wrote to me if you know  (like for stupid) sizeXsize. Thx

EDIT: Iread old replies now, and I saw you talk about it guys (winny+CPU). Isn't looking like simple picture size because any feature is opening two different picture sizes in header option after you click at. 

EDIT 2: it probably depends on the size of the picture and if it is bigger than the basic it opens it.
But still cant find the size where this feature is unactive and if anyone know ,pleae let me know.

1 hour ago, Klaxon said:

Hi. Please can I ask for real size of cover image/profile picture or how names it. Its looking like size changed again. I found it in profileheader but dont understand to all these lines. Just please wrote to me if you know  (like for stupid) sizeXsize. Thx

EDIT: Iread old replies now, and I saw you talk about it guys (winny+CPU). Isn't looking like simple picture size because any feature is opening two different picture sizes in header option after you click at. 

EDIT 2: it probably depends on the size of the picture and if it is bigger than the basic it opens it.
But still cant find the size where this feature is unactive and if anyone know ,pleae let me know.

yes it is strange, when I click on your cover, then your avatar and username jumps upwards.
Here's a little example, sorry @Elf Prince.

Unbenannt.thumb.PNG.5d766af34c4acc7c1d3a884c7b105517.PNG

It would be quite appropriate always to use this version.  :classic_wink:

the reason why, almost twice as big picture (cover), more possibilities for a beautifully designed cover picture! :classic_smile:

29 minutes ago, winny257 said:

yes it is strange, when I click on your cover....................

yes. Just try it with any profile where is original size. Nothing happen. I compare two headers and its looking like one size is eliminated it. 

But im cutting it manualy and still cant find this image size. But Im still trying.

test0015645416548465146546541645641654165.thumb.jpg.96bd7f8129b6873ab65656c51924e920.jpg

19 minutes ago, Klaxon said:

yes. Just try it with any profile where is original size. Nothing happen. I compare two headers and its looking like one size is eliminated it. 

But im cutting it manualy and still cant find this image size. But Im still trying.

test0015645416548465146546541645641654165.thumb.jpg.96bd7f8129b6873ab65656c51924e920.jpg

you can use a normal image, image size of your monitor.
if you insert such a picture as cover picture, then you can move it during this process.
when the optimal position is reached, this position becomes fixed firmly when you confirm this. :classic_wink:

1 minute ago, winny257 said:

you can use a normal image, image size of your monitor.
if you insert such a picture as cover picture, then you can move it during this process.
when the optimal position is reached, this position becomes fixed firmly when you confirm this. :classic_wink:

yes I know , but I want my own header. I must upload right size image because if I dont do it this option in pfff ....  I dont know how write it. Part of picture is hidden or missing , I know you understand me. I want eliminate that gray part or moving/sliding of picture. This is why I ask for real size blablaXblabla , but i found it. ehm I know somwhere exist but isnt in my skill find it :D. So I cut and cut and cut and ..........finaly have right size . Avatar is still jumping up/down but image is stable in one place and fully showed. 

10 minutes ago, Klaxon said:

yes I know , but I want my own header. I must upload right size image because if I dont do it this option in pfff ....  I dont know how write it. Part of picture is hidden or missing , I know you understand me. I want eliminate that gray part or moving/sliding of picture. This is why I ask for real size blablaXblabla , but i found it. ehm I know somwhere exist but isnt in my skill find it :D. So I cut and cut and cut and ..........finaly have right size . Avatar is still jumping up/down but image is stable in one place and fully showed. 

yes I understand you well, you cut your picture to existing cover size, but the way it looks are two different sizes possible.
one time Avatar down (small cover size)
and one time Avatar above (big cover size)

13 minutes ago, winny257 said:

here you can see it, there are two possibilities.

Reveal hidden contents

Unbenannt1.thumb.PNG.ceb34193e2bbea764e10d7bd88417541.PNGUnbenannt2.thumb.PNG.a1a909948d5af506af3b8c379a04a89c.PNG

yes and because I want picture with frame, was for me important to know this size. I want not opening image. Ok, I solve this problem with picture size 1614 x 408.
and here is something like template. If anyone want check it.

Spoiler

001.thumb.jpg.aa0513809d72188fdf4cc6e57b0fac7a.jpg

I don't know if anyone else is getting this when pressing on profile picture or our names using FF, but Eva and I are getting it a lot last few days no matter which computer we use. The page is completely blank.

1996214792_2018-08-0712_52_56-MozillaFirefox.thumb.png.f4cfd23b2364aa9bd1672c26dac781ab.png

10 hours ago, Elf Prince said:

I don't know if anyone else is getting this when pressing on profile picture or our names using FF, but Eva and I are getting it a lot last few days no matter which computer we use. The page is completely blank.

1996214792_2018-08-0712_52_56-MozillaFirefox.thumb.png.f4cfd23b2364aa9bd1672c26dac781ab.png

That can happen from time to time when the site is briefly offline, or if the servers are too busy. Sometimes you get the CloudFlare page, sometimes you get a blank one. :classic_smile:

I've posted way too much in community threads lately, but am I the only one who has lost the report to moderator setting on posts? I don't often look for it but when I wanted it earlier today I couldn't find it anywhere (that is, on any thread).