Site questions, comments, and suggestions

Did something happen to the shortcut to the default activity feed?

I could swear earlier today there was a link in the top right corner of the forum pages to quickly go to your default activity feed.

Now that link is replaced by a folder icon that doesn't do anything. 

Did I imagine it?

EDIT: Nevermind... answering my own question.

The empty folder was because I reorganized my custom activity feeds and somehow lost the feed I previously set as a default.

I set it again as a default and it is working fine now.

Edited by skyrimll

Not a complain, but observation. If I understood correctly, there is  difference in following and being a friend. I think that Grine (contributor) was right when he said that it's little bit confusing and it requires extra settings in "Followers". I added one person as my "follower and she added me, but we don't see each other in our list. I personally prefer the simplicity of the "friends" in old LL site.

Edited by EvalovesEP

Unlike the blog entries on old site that required no extra editing after copy/paste from Word, the blog entries on the new site requires extra work (too small fonts. removing bulleted lists, line spacing, etc). It simply do not understand Word's copy and paste any more. Beside that, if I increase the font on 16, the program moves the last paragraph in the front; on the top of the text and the preview doesn't show the real "state" of the text.

Tc tc tc, these modern software "children" needs to learn a lot. :dodgy:

Edited by EvalovesEP
9 minutes ago, EvalovesEP said:

Unlike the blog entries on old site that required no extra editing after copy/paste from Word, the blog entries on the new site requires extra work (too small fonts. removing bulleted lists, line spacing, etc). It simply do not understand Word's copy and paste any more. Tc tc tc, these modern software "children" needs to learn a lot. :dodgy:

I'm too old to learn and I have no more desire to learn.
I enjoy my life now. ;)

tenor.gif

9 hours ago, CPU said:

Confirmed. On both IE and Edge the text areas expand to all the text content.

A reason more to use Chrome or FireFox.

I will try to check if this can fixed with a CSS tweak, but I am not sure about it.

For IE 11 and IE 10 the post contents over-run the right-hand border only when the window width is >1000 pixels.  In IE 9 (or lower) there's just some script errors/non-compatability.  I don't notice the problem with Edge.  Also in IE mouseover (anywhere inside the window) causes scroll bars to popup.  This doesn't happen with Edge.

Hi, now the registry worked, had to re-register me, it was fast, but I can not edit my profile as I used to ... change the photo and etc. Is this has not been implemented on the site yet? Or was there a different limitation for new registrations?

Edited by A.Trois
1 minute ago, A.Trois said:

Hi, now the registry worked, had to re-register me, it was fast, but I can not edit my profile as I used to ... change the photo and etc. Is this has not been implemented on the site yet? Or was there a different limitation for new registrations?

profile customization is disabled for new members as an anti-spam measure. Soon as you have 1 post or your account is 3 days old, they are enabled. Since you posted asking, you should be able to customize it now.

Got an bit of an error when trying to log in via chrome, stating the following:

Sorry, there is a problem

Your browser does not accept cookies which are required in order to log in.

Error code: 1S267/1

Edited by Tex
Any ideas as to how i fix it?