Site questions, comments, and suggestions

2 minutes ago, MrHuxley said:

Out of curiosity, does reputation/likes received from the old site carry over to the new one?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Yes. But until what was received up to November 5th.

If you receive a new "like" on the old site, it will be not carried over.

Hi. Big thanks for new site. I realy like it . Just missin button in my profile "find content" because that was easiest way how to find my favorite topics without following and notifications. I believe I find new way and this can be just my bad orientation at the new designed website.

Thanks a lot to you for your hard work guys and good luck in many next years.

2 minutes ago, Klaxon said:

Hi. Big thanks for new site. I realy like it . Just missin button in my profile "find content" because that was easiest way how to find my favorite topics without following and notifications. I believe I find new way and this can be just my bad orientation at the new designed website.

Thanks a lot to you for your hard work guys and good luck in many next years.

If you click on the top-right on Activity you will find inside some content streams.

One is "Contents I follow", the other one is "Contents I posted in" that is pretty much the same as "My contents" of the old site.

12 hours ago, CPU said:

Go over it, on the top-left you will have a small circle. Control-Right click over, and you can remove it.

It doesn't work! I have to delete pictures manually because pressing right click mouse on it I got a circle with four arrows and various FF options, but not LL's options for deletion.

Site looks good... and being the month that it is, I think it is appropriate to say

THANK YOU

Ashal and the rest of LL moderators, volunteers, and staff for working so hard to keep everything up to date and working well for the rest of us in the community here.

I know that you all put a lot of your free time to work on, manage, and inform us of the process.

It looks really nice!  The only critique I would have is that it is slightly more difficult to visually determine threads you have already gone through for the day.  Compared to the old site, this site does not make the thread title box a slightly lighter shade as it did before. I am sure I would get used to it, but that would be the only thing that pops out at me at first glance.  I wish you well on the rest of the process and again... thank you.

12 hours ago, CPU said:

Yes. But until what was received up to November 5th.

If you receive a new "like" on the old site, it will be not carried over.

Are the 'likes' on blogs on the old site going to be carried over to the new site blogs?

Call me a likewhore, but big green numbers make me happy.

Loving the new site regardless though!

Just now, ongwk733 said:

Are the 'likes' on blogs on the old site going to be carried over to the new site blogs?

Call me a likewhore, but big green numbers make me happy.

Loving the new site regardless though!

yes

51 minutes ago, CPU said:

yes

Thanks! :)

6 minutes ago, Morferous said:

Firefox is still complaining about insecure connection to new page and blocked it. I needed to add exception for the dev page.

It doesn't look like there is would be any actual issue though.

IIRC They mentioned they wouldn't be switching to HTTPS until after the site update is completely done. After which, the new site will be moved to HTTPS.

Just now, ongwk733 said:

IIRC They mentioned they wouldn't be switching to HTTPS until after the site update is completely done. After which, the new site will be moved to HTTPS.

The site already is on HTTPS, the only problem is that the certificate is for "www.loverslab.com" and not for "www.loverslab.com" so browsers will complain about it.

once the old site will be gone, and the "dev" one will become the official, with the standard "www.loverslab.com" URL, then all will be good.

Hey, site looks great but I have some issues. :(

- Downloads don't show anymore how much they've been downloaded in the download link

- My CPU goes nuts on this site, as soon as I surf to it, the CPU for firefox fills up 1 of my CPU's to 100%, then keeps fluctuating between 50% and 100%, what scripts are running? I don't want to resort to blocking, but I can't allow such a powerdrain from my CPU's...

(edit) CPU seems to have calmed a bit now.

- The header for the current forum is not clickable any longer, I always click it to refresh the page, minor annoyance as I'm so used to that click.

(edit2)

- Smileys don't 'auto smiley'.  :(:P

Other than that great work!

7 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

Hey, site looks great but I have some issues. :(

- Downloads don't show anymore how much they've been downloaded in the download link

- My CPU goes nuts on this site, as soon as I surf to it, the CPU for firefox fills up 1 of my CPU's to 100%, then keeps fluctuating between 50% and 100%, what scripts are running? I don't want to resort to blocking, but I can't allow such a powerdrain from my CPU's...

(edit) CPU seems to have calmed a bit now.

- The header for the current forum is not clickable any longer, I always click it to refresh the page, minor annoyance as I'm so used to that click.

(edit2)

- Smileys don't 'auto smiley'.  :(:P

Other than that great work!

Downloads are still being converted.

I don't think is a problem related to the site itself. Maybe a heavy banner? Not sure.

You can click on the "Home" that is always available on the main tab (just under the LoversLab logo)

Smileys are not yet being implemented. Just wait a little.

One thing I miss so far is a more compact way of looking at updates. 

Even the Condensed view of activity streams is taking too much screen real estate. The threads are duplicated into 'Last hour' , 'today' etc... Each thread is wrapped into its own box.

I just wish I could see a simple list of thread, one by line, nothing fancy.

Other than that, the experience of the site is very smooth and feels solid. Keeping my fingers crossed for a successful transition.

41 minutes ago, skyrimll said:

One thing I miss so far is a more compact way of looking at updates. 

Even the Condensed view of activity streams is taking too much screen real estate. The threads are duplicated into 'Last hour' , 'today' etc... Each thread is wrapped into its own box.

I just wish I could see a simple list of thread, one by line, nothing fancy.

Other than that, the experience of the site is very smooth and feels solid. Keeping my fingers crossed for a successful transition.

You can use my compact CSS style. All the activity feeds are way more compact.

7 minutes ago, CPU said:

You can use my compact CSS style. All the activity feeds are way more compact.

Thanks.. I came across that this morning and it will help a little bit but my major issue with the activity stream will not be fixed by CSS alone - it is the duplication of threads for each post. That makes it very difficult to read.

I would like to be able to see just a list of threads regardless of how many new posts are inside, or when they were posted (i.e. without a timeline view). 

5 minutes ago, skyrimll said:

Thanks.. I came across that this morning and it will help a little bit but my major issue with the activity stream will not be fixed by CSS alone - it is the duplication of threads for each post. That makes it very difficult to read.

I would like to be able to see just a list of threads regardless of how many new posts are inside, or when they were posted (i.e. without a timeline view). 

I see. You can create a new activity stream to achieve that.

Later I will try to set it up.