Site questions, comments, and suggestions

1 minute ago, Sorceress99 said:

I am losing posts. I had 1,012 now 987/ What's going on?

Posts that were deleted or hidden will not count anymore.

The number are being recalculated. but do not expect a huge difference.

13 minutes ago, KM100z said:

not sure if anyone's said but using iexplore, the display is messed up big time, pics dont show for me :/

Sorry. Never checked with IE. Only Chrome, FireFox, and Edge.

3 minutes ago, fred200 said:

About my last chance before this site goes live:

Thank you all for all the work you folks put in to make this happen!

Cpu and Ashal are visible - I am sure there are more. Thanks to them too.

Thanks.

Ashal did the 99.999999% it is just him you have to send your gratitude.

P.S. this is the good site. And tomorrow will be THE site.

Edited by CPU

Just for fun: I added an "happy birthday" section on the list of members.

Just go to Browse > Online users and to the bottom there is the list of users (connected or not) having a birthday today.

The most important thing on a forum to me is speed. The previous upgrade attempt made the site much slower, to the point that it was frustrating just waiting for pageloads... In contrast this site upgrade seems wonderful so far. It's even faster than the current system, especially when cycling forward or backward through the page counter. I love it!

Screenshots for downloads, at least for me, are not displaying yet. I've been assuming that the conversion is still yet to process for those, but want to mention incase I actually should be seeing them.

This is the only thing that seems needed before it's ready for prime time. Everything I've tried is working well and I think the site looks great and is an improvement.

One nice to have but low priority... when you edit a post, or mod page, the edit box has no scroll bar and instead grows to whatever size is needed. When the content is large, the header with the tools is way up there, and you have to keep scrolling up to click on the tools, and becomes tedious to use. Edit box needs a vertical scroll bar like the old site has.

2 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

Screenshots for downloads, at least for me, are not displaying yet. I've been assuming that the conversion is still yet to process for those, but want to mention incase I actually should be seeing them.

This is the only thing that seems needed before it's ready for prime time. Everything I've tried is working well and I think the site looks great and is an improvement.

One nice to have but low priority... when you edit a post, or mod page, the edit box has no scroll bar and instead grows to whatever size is needed. When the content is large, the header with the tools is way up there, and you have to keep scrolling up to click on the tools, and becomes tedious to use. Edit box needs a vertical scroll bar like the old site has.

Not sure, but there is one already.

Are you speaking about this?

Capture.thumb.PNG.5cbfe0084e828066debdea965876b8b0.PNG

Sceenshots for mod descriptions don't work for me either. At least not if I upload the image to loverslab. Images linking to image hosters are working fine... if they don't actively block loverslab that is.

Also there is no working link to the download itself in the OP of mod support threads. That link (the "view file" one at the top) only seems to reappear after the mod author edits that post at least once... Or maybe they have to edit the mod description itself. That's what fixed it for me.

Other than that this is looking great so far.

edit:

Also yay to quoting finally working as it should and the ability to summon someone with @ followed by the username.

Now we just need better smileys. XD

Edited by Bazinga
9 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

Yes. That vertical scroll bar in your pic I don't have. The edit box instead expands to be huge.

I've tried in Edge and IE. Includes posts and editing a mod page.

This screenshot was made with Chrome.

I will try Edge tomorrow.

And be aware that I am using a special CSS I made, but in this particular case should not make a difference.

15 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

Yes. That vertical scroll bar in your pic I don't have. The edit box instead expands to be huge.

I've tried in Edge and IE. Includes posts and editing a mod page.

Confirmed. On both IE and Edge the text areas expand to all the text content.

A reason more to use Chrome or FireFox.

I will try to check if this can fixed with a CSS tweak, but I am not sure about it.