Site questions, comments, and suggestions

13 hours ago, Azazellz said:

Is there any way to set description for "linked files" in "download" section of mod's page?

Because simple "open" is not enough for understand, what exactly you choose for downloading.

Not built in, but it bases the link off the URL. My workaround in the past has been to create a bit.ly link to the external download with a customized URI that describes the file.

For example, the link: 

http://bit.ly/_SexLab_v161_to_v162_PATCH_

ends up having the name "_SexLab_v161_to_v162_PATCH_" on the download page, which is a lot more descriptive than the name I would've gotten if I used the mega link directly.

It's a shitty system to need a workaround like this. But that's stupidly the way the forum software decided it works. Eventually, I'd like to alter this to allow users to give names to the mirror instead.

For no apparent reason, suddenly, after being fine for months, the Spoiler bar and the Quote bar have lost their text legends. In the screen cap below, the top bar is a Spoiler and it's supposed to say "Show Hidden Content," and the second one is a Quote bar and it's supposed to say "On <Month> <Date> <Year> So-And-So Posted..." But as you can see, both bars are completely devoid of any text at all. They're just blank. LLForumTagsBlank.thumb.png.b78fc5a03559885884b5322962ad40b3.png

This is merely annoying in the case of Spoiler tags- unless you're new to LoversLab and truly don't know what the blank bars are... but in the case of the Quote tags it's counter-productive at best and disabling at worst- sometimes you just really need to know who said what in a long chain and without attribution of the quotes it can take hours to sift back through a 200-page thread looking for whoever called your Mama out... :classic_biggrin:

Is it possible that something local on my machine could have caused this? Am I the only one experiencing the sudden information blackout? Or has somethng on the site gone haywire?

eb39527c94b5d4ef1e2a87205315f0d4.jpg

I noticed that this page has changed. Previously, these topics were immediately displayed, and what do I do with this now?

Who comes to mind changing the interface each time complicating the process of reading? It sucks.

Also, some time ago default search changed from "sort by date" to "sort by relevancy".

And re-sorting start another search, which have 15 sec cooldown.

P.s. oh, and when I enter to private messages with any user, interface show me very first message in conversation, but not last as before. It's only for me?

10 hours ago, Azazellz said:

Also, some time ago default search changed from "sort by date" to "sort by relevancy".

And re-sorting start another search, which have 15 sec cooldown.

P.s. oh, and when I enter to private messages with any user, interface show me very first message in conversation, but not last as before. It's only for me?

I have the same problem plus the site doesn't accept the changes under Edit profile>Profiel privacy: It is set on members and when I want to change it to All, it doesn't accept change and keeps on Memebrs.

The "Special Edition Compatible" text from the info box on a mod-page, if the mod-author has not chosen an answer, seems to be causing confusion, making it look like mods where no answer has been given is compatible.

Capture.JPG.1d36399dcfabb233fc6475b720e9812d.JPG

This one for example, could easily look like it's confirming that it is compatible.

Unlike this one

Capture2.JPG.47874118e6d47a309850e3f819b4b528.JPG

So would it not be better to hide it if it has not answer, or have "no" (or a new option "not tested") as the default?

I have a question. Is there a spot on the site for information for newbies. I consider myself to still be one and I see the same questions over and over again in the threads (usually with excellent answers). Wouldn't it be easier and make more sense to put these into a single location and "advertise" them to newcomers? Just a thought.

Something that annoys me a bit is that when you open a DM, you always start on the first page, first message.

Instead of automatically to go to the last site, last message.

Always have to go to last page manually and scroll all the way down.. ugh. Yes im lazy.

On 3.5.2018 at 9:53 PM, Aiko said:

Something that annoys me a bit is that when you open a DM, you always start on the first page, first message.

Instead of automatically to go to the last site, last message.

Always have to go to last page manually and scroll all the way down.. ugh. Yes im lazy.

still worse is, if you are with someone in constant correspondence and there are already many pages, then one do not just have to scroll downward, then you have to first to flip, to flip and again to flip. :smiley:

New rule suggestion to help keep threads clean. If a person gets offended by a statement and goes off on a bit of a tangent, then the OP should tell them to state their grievance in a PM and keep it off the thread. If the person continues to rant on the thread- like saying the same thing over and over, then that should be a rule violation for obvious trolling.:neutral:

On 6.5.2018 at 12:14 PM, winny257 said:

still worse is, if you are with someone in constant correspondence and there are already many pages, then one do not just have to scroll downward, then you have to first to flip, to flip and again to flip. :smiley:

That's what i meant.

I have conversations with like 50 pages.. 

Soo annoying. At least you can go to the last page right away  don't have to go through all 50, but still.