Site questions, comments, and suggestions

1 minute ago, Content Consumer said:

Did something strange just happen to the font? Or are my eyes deceiving me?

Looks bigger.

I'm not complaining, mind you, just wondering...

The numbers look bigger anyway.

I don't see changes on that. But be aware that I am using (often) a custom CSS that I am developing.

1 minute ago, CPU said:

No, sorry.

About having Google to identify the accounts is something that can be evaluated for sure.

But probably at low priority.

First, we need to make the site working. There are still many items that are not working correctly (for example replying to a Download topic.)

I see. Thanks for the answer anyway. :)

OK, another problem fixed.

Now the number of "like" for a post is visible.

Be aware that now they are anonymous (you cannot see who liked the post, and this probably will not change.)

6 minutes ago, CPU said:

Be aware that now they are anonymous (you cannot see who liked the post, and this probably will not change.)

Can that hand with the thumb be more visible? it's hard to see it.

2 minutes ago, Elf Prince said:

Can that hand with the thumb be more visible? it's hard to see it.

In future, we can use a lighter icon.

On the dark background, it is not really visible.

Just now, CPU said:

In future, we can use a lighter icon.

On the dark background, it is not really visible.

Good. That would be nice since I have to concentrate very hard to find it especially when watching very colorful pictures in som posts.

OK, now the threads of the Downloads are fully functional and they can be used.

Just keep in mind that the conversion of all the posts it is at 38% more or less.

7 minutes ago, Content Consumer said:

My message inbox presents a scroll-able list of my messages, but then separates them into pages, which is sort of weird. Does this have a purpose?

It is dynamic loading, to lower the load of the server. Only a few messages each time are downloaded.

If you want a specific message you can use the filter ability, that is really powerful.

6 minutes ago, Sorceress99 said:

What is the prospect of getting a d/l counter for our files?. I'd like to see how many folks are d/l my files. Also having the autosize function for uploaded photos activated and having them post across the page (before) instead of down (after)?

It is already available (and it is the same as it was on the previous site):

Capture.thumb.PNG.515b2ef7d71c9e03e41fcca856c24ddf.PNG

3 minutes ago, Sorceress99 said:

The counter was right next to the file posting on the old site. I didn't need to go to another page. 

Probably I do not understand. Also on the download page, the counter is still there.

Capture.thumb.PNG.6f26fce5bfa58da39e5bc14c6d7c22d2.PNG

6 hours ago, Azazellz said:

Why it look so.. big? Especially in right column of main page. Also, "latest files" have only  five entries , not 10 (and this suck).

Personally I prefer old more "compact" design.

Also, this blue bar between each post in one thread looks odd. And old design has lines, that separate "user" block (with avatar), and "content" block (with post content). This gave threads a more "stuctured" look.

Just published an alternate CSS (to be used with a style injector) for who likes LLab wider and without empty stuff.

You can find it here.

I can't figure out if I can do the following with site browser notifications:

1) I want instant browser updates when people respond to me in a thread.

2) I don't want browser notifications when threads that I follow, but am not looking at in a browser tab, are updated. For threads not loaded, I just want updates in the pulldown menu at the top of the page, but no browser notification.

3 minutes ago, Verstort said:

I can't figure out if I can do the following with site browser notifications:

1) I want instant browser updates when people respond to me in a thread.

2) I don't want browser notifications when threads that I follow, but am not looking at in a browser tab, are updated. For threads not loaded, I just want updates in the pulldown menu at the top of the page, but no browser notification.

You can enable or disable browser notifications globally. Not per type of notification.

And there is not really a "responds to me" event. You have "mention" or "post where I follow"

2 hours ago, CPU said:

I can see who liked the post, and I just click on the number. 

Nvm, I've been ninja'd. :)

Just now, Punga said:

I can see who liked the post, and I just click on the number. 

OK, I can't but for me it is not a problem.

Just another small problem to fix (but because it affects just Moderators it will have a real low priority)

2 minutes ago, CPU said:

You can enable or disable browser notifications globally. Not per type of notification.

And there is not really a "responds to me" event. You have "mention" or "post where I follow"

I meant quote, I do get notifications when someone quotes me, even in threads I'm not following.

But that's too bad about the browser notifications... As is I think it'll be too annoying unless I either unfollow a lot of threads or turn them off, leaning on the later.

notification.png

3 minutes ago, Verstort said:

I meant quote, I do get notifications when someone quotes me, even in threads I'm not following.

But that's too bad about the browser notifications... As is I think it'll be too annoying unless I either unfollow a lot of threads or turn them off, leaning on the later.

notification.png

You can set notification and/or emails in case somebody quotes you:

Capture.thumb.PNG.cc53d0b473f5d1f0716ff7f4297e9318.PNG

4 minutes ago, Benmc20 said:

Just a simple question: where is my total of liked posts ? I'm just a bit curious...

If you mean the total number of likes you received, it is on your profile page.

There is no way (easy) to see how many items you liked.