CPU

How to create the "Clubs"

Hello,

as you can see, with the new forum version, we have now a new feature called Clubs.

A club is like a sub-forum, where you can add your own topics, organized in tabs, blogs, pictures, and even download section.

We do not have yet defined the rules to use them, but for sure the normal LoversLab rules will apply.

Just remember that to create a new club, you need a moderator approval. So, in case you want to create one, please PM @CPU or @gregathit or @DoctaSax or @myuhinny.

Rather than a club, I'd like to see a DEV section under the HOME screen. One separated into different section or pinned threads. Such as Organic modeling, props, wearables and weapons, architect, landscape/environment, textures, and FX. It would be a good area to just show off and learn, or even recruit for mods, etc. Surly it world be a big help to the community.

A small request : could you add a way for moderators to edit files ?  For exemple, edit the title or the description of the file.  It could be usefull to ensure files use the same template etc.

Also, is there a way to search by tag in the files section ?

23 minutes ago, mangalo said:

A small request : could you add a way for moderators to edit files ?  For exemple, edit the title or the description of the file.  It could be usefull to ensure files use the same template etc.

Also, is there a way to search by tag in the files section ?

The search can be limited to clubs and tags.

Club moderators have limited power but you can always ask a real moderator to do it.

Oh, I would not bother a moderator for such small requests, it's mostly cosmetic stuff.

Thanks for the tags, I'll check it out.

Hey, one issue I am seeing with the clubs section.  If I have the HTTPS Everywhere plugin enabled on Firefox, when I join a club, it gets stuck in an infinite refresh loop and I can't navigate past the club main page.

6 minutes ago, cetuximab said:

Hey, one issue I am seeing with the clubs section.  If I have the HTTPS Everywhere plugin enabled on Firefox, when I join a club, it gets stuck in an infinite refresh loop and I can't navigate past the club main page.

Disable the plugin for LoversLab.

It is known that it will create problems.

I just started setting up my club.
I initially set the club to be closed to the public because I'm still setting it up, but where do I set it up if I want to make it public?

6 minutes ago, Ankahet said:

How do I see specifically which clubs I am a part of?

Go to your profile. When it opens the default will have the activity tab activated which will show your posts. Next to the Activity tab is the Clubs tab (both of these will be above your posts). Click on it and it will show all clubs that you are currently active in.

12 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Go to your profile. When it opens the default will have the activity tab activated which will show your posts. Next to the Activity tab is the Clubs tab (both of these will be above your posts). Click on it and it will show all clubs that you are currently active in.

Ahhh thank you kindly. I'm on my phone for now due to a huge storm and no internet. The arrow on this screen is so small I didn't see it xD

26 minutes ago, Ankahet said:

Ahhh thank you kindly. I'm on my phone for now due to a huge storm and no internet. The arrow on this screen is so small I didn't see it xD

You're welcome and for future reference I wrote a guide to navigating the site which can be found here:

You'll find the answers to most commonly asked questions in it.

You

24 minutes ago, Psalam said:

You're welcome and for future reference I wrote a guide to navigating the site which can be found here:

You'll find the answers to most commonly asked questions in it.

You

Now I just need to figure out how to create a club for approval xD

In the upper right you will see  the clubs button (in between blogs and browse).  Click on the clubs button.  When you get to the clubs page, then click on the green "start a club" button (upper right) and go from there.

I know that this is a very new feature, but any chance that club moderators could get the option to organise pinned threads manually?  A sort like click and drag system?

Ashal will have to answer that one.  You might try shooting him a PM.  Understand it may take him a long time to respond, if he does at all (he is one busy dude).

The general forum pinned threads behave the same way that the clubs do. They move up or down depending on which one has the latest post in it.  Just an FYI.