Is Anyone Using the Creation Club?

Ernest Lemmingway

Using the Creation Club  

583 members have voted

1. 1. Have you used Bethesda's Creation Club?

• Yes, I've paid for mods from it or downloaded free mods from it.
    • No, I've never used it.
    • What's this "Creation Club?"

I voted no - even though I downloaded their free survival mod.

The  Creation Club is for console users. It is their only access to mods on the PS4 as far as I know.

You know - where Bethesda's focus is and their big money customers.

Us PC users don't even count in Bethesda's plans any more.

1 hour ago, fred200 said:

The  Creation Club is for console users. It is their only access to mods on the PS4 as far as I know.

Mods are what's pushing 2 of my friends away from playing some games on their PS4-they are sick and tired of them being allowed based on Sony or the developer's whim (or by what the PS4 can handle-and even allowed mods can cause performance issues).

1 hour ago, Rockat said:

Mods are what's pushing 2 of my friends away from playing some games on their PS4-they are sick and tired of them being allowed based on Sony or the developer's whim (or by what the PS4 can handle-and even allowed mods can cause performance issues).

Now that is just weird...

Mods on the PS 4 can't affect game performance unless your friends actually chose to use those mods.

To not play a game because mods are available - I don't understand.

5 minutes ago, fred200 said:

Now that is just weird...

Mods on the PS 4 can't affect game performance unless your friends actually chose to use those mods.

To not play a game because mods are available - I don't understand.

• Less mods on PS4
  • Can't have mods with external assets
  • The mod limit keeps on getting lowered
  • Longer loading times (5400RPM 2.5" HDD are slow-my cheap laptop from 2010 had a 7200RPM one and its noticeably faster)
On 11.11.2017 at 8:38 PM, fred200 said:

I hope they know that it's mods what keep their games alive. Create one on PS, then we can talk about abandon PC...

I stopped playing FO4 because they were screwing it up so often with their CC updates. They're not getting another dime from me so as long as this crappy "club" is forced into their games. Speaking of that, I seriously miss the old days when you didn't have to dick around with some stupid secondary program in hopes that your game wouldn't update if you didn't want it to. I got along just fine back when Steam, Origin, Social Club or any of the like didn't exist.

I didn't and i probably won't unless they offer real value for a reasonable Price: like DLC Sized Content for DLC Price.

This - however - is unlikely to happen due to the fact the used Plugin format has some serious limitations compared to .esm or .esp,

making big Mods almost impossible.

At lest that's what i read.

For now it just seems like a cash-grab, offering cheap and dirty Mods for an overblown Price.

For their better Mods there are free, superior alternatives available on the Nexus.

They also kinda missed an opportunity when one of the First Mods for FO4 was a freakin' HORSE(power)ARMOR, this would have been quite the joke,

if they weren't asking for actual Money for this BS.

It was a good Idea to begin with, Modders would actually get payed for their efforts and could invest far more time into their Mods,

Users could get quality maintained content for their Games (paying a small fee), and Bethesda could make an extra-penny on the Side.

Sadly the result is almost as bad as expected by the pessimists.

Just another Mircrotransaction Paystore...oh well seems to work somehow.

Probably mostly thanks to console-gamers, who are used to pay extra for any stupid nonsense, like "server access" or "custom rare paintjobs".

On 11/12/2017 at 5:38 AM, fred200 said:

I think its been that way for a while-with Oblivion being Bethesda putting their foot into the console market (hence it being dumbed down/casualised compared to Morrowind, but not as much as Skyrim), and Skyrim the full on plunge.

Voted no, I have never even opened CC.

I will also (try to) let my wallet speak, I will try not to buy any more games from Bethe$da. The obvious money-grabbing is just obnoxious and sucks balls. I stopped buying EA-games stuff 10+ years back after they released a half-finished Dragon Age and loads of day-one DLC, that just did it for me and I haven't bought their games since. I think it will go the same way now for Bethesda.

for all proponent, as long as you support these business practices, become the companies always like this keep going!
first when they have squeezed out you guys, become they maybe, but also only maybe, to stop!

tenor.gif

edit: if I paid for a game, then I will NOT for additional content, PAY!

tbh when the update for Creation Club came out, I was right in the middle of playing through Fallout 4 again. I got an error message from FOSE saying the game's version was too new and it wouldn't launch until I updated FOSE.

I rolled F4 back to the patch before the CC was added and haven't updated it since. Bethesda got my last $60 on a Fallout 4 preorder, I'm certainly not giving them money again.

Nope. I uninstalled Murder Slum Lord Adventures Post-Apocalyptic and Vikings vs Dragons: More Money Plz Editon back when it was released. Haven't seen a reason yet to reinstall either.

Also didn't buy Weevil Within Too or Wolf 2 (can't come up with funny alternative name, sorry), and instead watched streamers play them :trollface:

Haven't felt like playing their old games since then, either.

It was damn fun while it lasted, but alas life is about slowly losing everything you love.

Edit: these new emoticons suck. Yet another thing lost :p

14 hours ago, Rockat said:

I think its been that way for a while-with Oblivion being Bethesda putting their foot into the console market (hence it being dumbed down/casualised compared to Morrowind, but not as much as Skyrim), and Skyrim the full on plunge.

That's a depressingly accurate assessment. Admittedly Skyrim was still playable with mouse and keyboard, while FO4's control scheme demands a game controller to do certain things (like place settlement pieces) and has many keys hard-coded to certain functions so they can't be reassigned. Throw in everything they've done/not done with modding, beginning with a six month delay for a beta of the CK, and it's pretty clear they don't care about PC gamers anymore. Unless they can recruit them to make mods for them and then pay them with useless corporate scrip Creation Coins while the company itself makes yet more money. Are they really that stupid and greedy? Or is there something going on financially with BS or even Zenimax that they don't want to tell us?

43 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Are they really that stupid and greedy? Or is there something going on financially with BS or even Zenimax that they don't want to tell us?

look once, who were the developers of the latest Bethesda games?
not Bethesda, but others companies, and thus the bulk of the profits go into these other companies!

Prey = Arkane Studios

Wolfenstein 2 = MachineGames

furthermore, I suspect that they are not capable their own game, after today's standards, to develop, therefore still no ES 6!

what you accomplished was SSE and FO4, that not so well received.
I guess that them slowly the money goes out.

On 11/2/2017 at 7:59 PM, Loogie said:

I download the free stuff they offer occasionally.

I haven't even played any of those games that qualify or work with CC. However, you do bring up a good point. might as well play around with the free stuff if they give it away. However, from what I see, most of the stuff there isn't worth the time of browsing the site much less the bandwidth of downloading. Most of the time you can get better products from Nexus, here or other locations for free. It is sad that this is the case. That they don't have any serious new or great content even now months after the release of the new system. I was waiting for those epic mods they were hinting at when introducing the new system. Mentioning DLC content... I never thought it was referencing content like the Oblivion Horse Armor. :(

1 hour ago, ritualclarity said:

from what I see, most of the stuff there isn't worth the time of browsing the site much less the bandwidth of downloading.

You click on the "Creation Club" option in the game's main menu and anything that's being offered for free is on the first page.

Many people seemed to have been sucked into the idea that Newrim is supposedly more "stable" than Oldrim. Sure the memory issue has been fixed but even if it could process unlimited amountsof ram, the papyrus system would surely make come to a halt very abruptly. It's like upping your processor but not upgrding everything else. What good is it to update some parts when it is all pointless in the end? So although i got SSE for free i'm not going to use it. In fact if i could sell games like in the "olden days" i would have probably done so a long time ago. Atleast I would've earned a buck or two out of it.

Fallout 4? It looked already something not for me from the trailer alone. So yeah, the creation club is very far from my worries. Although truth be told. The CC could have been something if you didn't have to pay with those ridiculous points nd if the content compared to dlc like dawnguard or old world blues.

Btw i'm not the only one that reads BS as Bullshit, right? :D

Archived