[Update - 2017Nov04] Tera Elin HDT Ears-n-Tails with Painted Lady Re Compatibility

View File

Tera Elin HDT Ears and Tails

also

Tera Elin HDT Ears and Tails - Painted Lady Redone Edition

<{===========================================}>

!Do not upload to Nexus or Bethesda.net!

UPDATES
*** 2017_November_04 ***

• I mistakenly included some animations when packaging the Painted Lady Compatibility files. They were for my own use and not needed for these mods.
  • Uploaded a separate package without the animations.
  • Elin_HDT_Ears-n-Tails_forPaintedLadyRedone_v1-1.7z

If you are want to continue using the animations from version 1.0 then no further actions are needed. Alternatively, you can install your own and overwrite the animations files.

The Basic Edition
These are HDT ears and tails from the Tera Elin race and Tera Elin 2 race mods now playable for Skyrim's races (sorry, no beast races). They are selected from the FACIAL HAIRS slider in racemenu (the console command, NOT the mod) and works independently of RaceMenu (the mod) and Enhanced Character Edit, but are compatible with them.

The Painted Lady Redone Edition
This is the Basic edition made compatible with the Painted Lady Redone Color-Matching 3D Pubic Hairs. Each Elin ears/tail set are paired up with 4 of the 3D pubic hair options. This means as you select an ears/tail set you cycle through each of the pubic hairs.
The FACIAL HAIRS slider is renamed "ADDITIONAL HAIRS".

Color-Matching Option
This contains optional meshes and textures that allow the Elin ears/tails match color with the main hair. Requires the Basic Edition main files or the Painted Lady Edition main files.

orw74ajh.jpg

Screenshots

HDT Elin Ears and Tails

[screenshots are in the same order as they appear when selecting them]

Files - MAIN (choose only one)

1. [basic Edition]
Elin_HDT_Ears-n-Tails.7z

2. [Painted Lady Redone Compatible]
Elin_HDT_Ears-n-Tails_forPaintedLadyRedone.7z

3. [Painted Lady Redone Compatible] [Does not contain any animations that if mistakenly included with version 1-0]
Elin_HDT_Ears-n-Tails_forPaintedLadyRedone_v1-1.7z

Files - OPTIONS

Elin_ColorMatching_Option.7z

Installation

IMPORTANT
The HDT ears and tails comes with the Elin race's own modified, XPMS Extended skeleton. If you have XPMSE installed then the Elin skeleton will need to overwrite it or else the ears will float and the tails will stick out in odd places or the worst is your game might crash.
I have not tested this with every mod under the sun that comes with or requires XPMS Extended and I do not plan on doing so. Also I do not plan on fixing any mods that anyone verifies or perceives as broken when using the Elin ears/tails.

[basic Edition]
Requirements: None

• HDT Physics Extension is included.

Simply install with a mod manager of your choice or, if installing manually, extract the archive and copy/paste the folders and plugin to your Skyrim Data folder.

*** Remember to allow the included skeleton to overwrite any other skeleton you are using, even if it's the vanilla skeleton. ***

[Painted Lady Redone Edition]
Requirements:

• HDT Physics Extension is included.

Install 1st: Painted Lady Redone.
Install 2nd: Tera Elin HDT Ears and Tails for Painted Lady Redone.

There is nothing to overwrite. Correction, the Elin skeleton is included so it needs to overwrite any other skeleton you are using; XPMSE, vanilla, custom, etc.
The Painted Lady uses a Master while the Elin ears/tails uses a plugin that will make changes to the pubic hair formlists so that they will appear simultaneously with the ear/tail sets.

You can use the CBBE or UUNP bodyslide presets to create pubic meshes that will appear correctly on the body. The meshes are located in....
Meshes > Actors > Character > Character Assets

<{========== <> ==========}>

[Option - Color-Matching Ears and Tails]
Requirements:

• Main files (either Basic Edition or Painted Lady Redone Edition).

Install and allow overwriting of the ear and tail meshes and textures

CREDITS
BlueHole Studios
2ch Community/Himika
Deadzone45
Samisme74
Slash197
Caliente and Ousnius
DorkDiva, NuclearSatan, and Vioxis

Worked great hdt-wise, but they didnt seem to detect high heels.. The ears are in other words on my characters neck instead of head. Downloaded the basic version, dont have the painted lady thingie.. Am I doing something wonky or..?

Which skeleton were you using prior?  XPMSE?  Vanilla?

In either case, the Elin skeleton that comes with the HDT ears/tails should overwrite the XPMSE or vanilla skeleton.

Are you playing a custom race that uses a separate skeleton (skeleton_female.nif)?

You will need to copy the Elin skeleton and overwrite the one used by the custom race.  If they use 'skeletonbeast_female.nif' or some other name then you will need to copy the Elin skeleton and rename before installing.

I assure you that HDT Highheels work because the outfit my character is wearing, in the screenshots, requires HDT Highheels.

UPDATE - November 01, 2017

Uploaded the color-matching meshes and modified textures (the colors should be more vibrant).  These are optional files and requires either the Basic main files or the Painted Lady Compatibility main files.

When installing allow overwriting of the original meshes and textures.

So if I download this mod and let your skeleton .nif overwrite the XPMSE skeleton, does that affect NPCs in the game who don't have furry ears and tails?

NPCs would not be affected.  Think of it this way, XPMSE has an HDT and non-HDT tail branches, yet they do not affect NPCs that do not have tails.

I just tested now, and I was not expecting that.  dodgy.gif

I thought it would be items equipable with possibility to recover from the console.

and it's pretty much just an addition to the race .

as on the starting race there are already additions . with this problem of fluttering ears.

i just did a little test on the drow race, i changed the skeleton and the additions disappeared .

would it be possible just to have these equipable addons recoverable from the console ?  sleepy.gif

it would be so much simpler without having to add directly to the main race that affect others as well.

Well, that's my personal opinion and I was waiting for it

HDT Ears and Tails          ( equipable ? )

No.

Great job with the mod, the only thing that I find weird is the fact that no ears/tails is option nr 2 on the slider. The moment you pop showracemenu command it gives you the fox ears right of the bat.

There should be an ear-less/tail-less option.  Have you tried reinstalling and/or moving the plugin lower in the load order?

Let me know if it still persists.

good luck too, disappointed with the final, especially as it was an idea from me .

it will not help me that way  dodgy.gif

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20121-2017-july-20-update-elin-idle-animation-redone-v2-tera-elin-race/?p=2043381

You did not specify that you wanted them equippable.

I have been contacted by others wanting the Elin ears and tails for other races so don't mistakenly think it's your idea.  The only difference is that I did not ignore your request.  I do have to thank you for showing the error of my decision and will return to ignoring requests, at least those I have no interest in doing.

good luck too, disappointed with the final, especially as it was an idea from me .

it will not help me that way  dodgy.gif

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20121-2017-july-20-update-elin-idle-animation-redone-v2-tera-elin-race/?p=2043381

You did not specify that you wanted them equippable.

I have been contacted by others wanting the Elin ears and tails for other races so don't mistakenly think it's your idea.  The only difference is that I did not ignore your request.  I do have to thank you for showing the error of my decision and will return to ignoring requests, at least those I have no interest in doing.

why animation of female is included

<snip>

why animation of female is included

My mistake, they were for my own use and I forgot to remove them when packaging the Painted Lady version. 

UPDATE - Removed the Animations.

Uploaded version 1.1 of the Painted Lady Compatible mod which doe not contain the animations.  Version 1.0 is still available if anyone wants to use it, the files are the TBBP walk/sprint/run animations.

Edited by PsychoMachina
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2017 at 7:13 PM, PsychoMachina said:

My mistake, they were for my own use and I forgot to remove them when packaging the Painted Lady version. 

UPDATE - Removed the Animations.

Uploaded version 1.1 of the Painted Lady Compatible mod which doe not contain the animations.  Version 1.0 is still available if anyone wants to use it, the files are the TBBP walk/sprint/run animations.

Hey! I love this mod it's fantastic to finally have some tails / ears as part of your character and not needing to be equitable! I have a question / request, I really love the blended color option but I was wondering if there was any way you or I could tweak it to attempt to get the colors more in-line with the hair, when going for like a blonde or pink light option, the color is way to bright almost glowing, I really love this mod but struggling to get a decent color combo that looks normal! Thanks for any feedback / advice!

8 hours ago, Photonix said:

Hey! I love this mod it's fantastic to finally have some tails / ears as part of your character and not needing to be equitable! I have a question / request, I really love the blended color option but I was wondering if there was any way you or I could tweak it to attempt to get the colors more in-line with the hair, when going for like a blonde or pink light option, the color is way to bright almost glowing, I really love this mod but struggling to get a decent color combo that looks normal! Thanks for any feedback / advice!

One method is to edit the ears/tail meshes by lowering the emissive intensity.  This will reduce the 'glow', but not necessarily match the colors perfectly with the hairs.

The other method is to give the ears/tail textures that would match the hair textures.  Hairs come with either white or blonde hair textures. 

Since you want the ears/tail to stay toned down when making the colors bright, method 1 would be your first choice.

3 hours ago, PsychoMachina said:

One method is to edit the ears/tail meshes by lowering the emissive intensity.  This will reduce the 'glow', but not necessarily match the colors perfectly with the hairs.

The other method is to give the ears/tail textures that would match the hair textures.  Hairs come with either white or blonde hair textures. 

Since you want the ears/tail to stay toned down when making the colors bright, method 1 would be your first choice.

Thanks for the reply, last question if I wanted to make the ears smaller how would I go about doing that?

Something like:

latest?cb=20170118200619

39 minutes ago, Photonix said:

Thanks for the reply, last question if I wanted to make the ears smaller how would I go about doing that?

Something like:

latest?cb=20170118200619

Elin 2 contains sliders that reduces the scaling of the ears as well as reposition them however, their shape can not be altered (short, thin, wide, etc).  The same can be done for Elin 1.

An alternative is to use Blender or 3dsmax to shape and position them to your liking.  I guess by adding morphs then customization can be done in-game.  I know morphs can be used to alter the ears based on face expressions.

40 minutes ago, PsychoMachina said:

Elin 2 contains sliders that reduces the scaling of the ears as well as reposition them however, their shape can not be altered (short, thin, wide, etc).  The same can be done for Elin 1.

An alternative is to use Blender or 3dsmax to shape and position them to your liking.  I guess by adding morphs then customization can be done in-game.  I know morphs can be used to alter the ears based on face expressions.

I like this mod because it doesn't require a custom race to have ears ect, your Elin mods are great though! Any chance of you adding scaling to these, that morph to alter ears based on face expressions is great! I bet that's hard to add though?

1 hour ago, PsychoMachina said:

I'll see if this can be done it should not be all that different than the sliders for tails.  It will be for ECE though, I never made any addons for RaceMenu so it might take awhile.

That's great for ECE users! I personally only use Racemenu though. >.<

59 minutes ago, Photonix said:

That's great for ECE users! I personally only use Racemenu though. >.<

I'm going to attempt at making something for RaceMenu, but it will take some time as I become familiar with the procedure to making an addon.

Also I should mention that making the ears alter it's shape will be a challenge since there are 2 HDT ear branches per ear as welll as separate groups for each type of ears.  If all goes well, you should be able to make the ears look (more or less) like the picture you posted.