4 hours ago, forotherstuff32 said:

Can I have both Flower Girls SE patch and SexLab SE patch on at the same time?

Or will they conflict with each other and cause CTD issues?

Because I would like it if I can use both Sexlab and Flower Girls to interact with npcs.

Thanks.

I'm not aware of any issues with everything installed at the same time (fully tested on my system). Note though that the SexLab patch is only needed with SexLab Light SE. SexLab is natively supported and should work just fine with the SexLab 1.63 beta.

17 hours ago, Narue said:

I'm not aware of any issues with everything installed at the same time (fully tested on my system). Note though that the SexLab patch is only needed with SexLab Light SE. SexLab is natively supported and should work just fine with the SexLab 1.63 beta.

Oh, nice!

Ty.

So what are your future plans with the mod if there's any?

NB: Dismissing a child follower via MCM does not actually remove the actor from being a follower. So if you dismiss your child, he/she disappears as expected, but then you can't get another actor to follow you. (NB: not using any follower overhaul mods or frameworks)

IIRC all you have to do is remove them from the currentfollower faction, but I'm not 100% certain.

Also, if you're still taking requests, I would like to request a function or modevent to make an actor sterile - if male, cannot impregnate, and if female, cannot become pregnant.

And maybe a modevent to make them fertile again.

Hi,

I wanted to ask as i am trying to decide and get a feel for what mods offer, is this basically the same as the BeeingFemale mod? If not what would the pro's and cons between them? would either be more or less script heavy or impacting on performance?

I also ( hope this isnt weird) want the menstrual cycle and immersion of being female etc but i dont want to have children in the game. Can this mod get me pregnant yet if i wish abort or cancel it, like it was a false alarm or just never happened? I love the idea of being fertile and and days where i am less and the whole menstrual thing but dont really want to get a ##bump' or have actual babies ( be it mesh babies or npc's).

Thankies.

I wanted to ask as i am trying to decide and get a feel for what mods offer, is this basically the same as the BeeingFemale mod? If not what would the pro's and cons between them? would either be more or less script heavy or impacting on performance?

Both mods do the same thing at a high level. For the core mod, the biggest differences are performance (Fertility Mode is far lighter on the script engine) and implementation nuances. BeeingFemale is a great mod, though I'm obviously biased toward Fertility Mode. I think you'd be happy with either one, to be honest. That said, Fertility Mode is more fleshed out in the parts that come after giving birth (with the Children add-on).

I also ( hope this isnt weird) want the menstrual cycle and immersion of being female etc but i dont want to have children in the game. Can this mod get me pregnant yet if i wish abort or cancel it, like it was a false alarm or just never happened? I love the idea of being fertile and and days where i am less and the whole menstrual thing but dont really want to get a ##bump' or have actual babies ( be it mesh babies or npc's).

That's not weird at all. In fact, one of the key "feels" I wanted to get out of a pregnancy mod is the mindfulness that you risk pregnancy at all times. To answer the question, yes, you can abort from the debug MCM at the click of a button. Additionally, you can adjust the conception chance between 0% and 100% to tweak how often you get pregnant. You can also configure the results of birth to be nothing at all. Finally, belly/breast scaling can both be disabled. Fertility Mode is definitely configurable enough to achieve what you seem to be looking for. :)

Thank you. i shall try your mod then. I did use Beeingfemale in Oldrim and did like it but i think it was heavy on scripts and i remember it lagged my game bad at times. The someone said that my game would be a lot smoother if i removed it and they was right. 

But i miss the immersive fun of the mod. So i will happily try yours and see how it get on. Thanks again Narue :)

Hello ! I tried bodymorph for belly scaling and strangely it scales only the belly but not the breasts and it only updates the motphs on the game launch (reloading a save without relaunching the game doesn't update the body). Is it normal ? Thanks.

To be more precise, I think  that the belly grow but what is sure is that after a pregnancy, i need to restart the game for the belly to get back to normal.

NB : in the papyrus log the line FertilityMode: MorphScale: Clearning pregnancy scale for <my player name>[20] every time that Fertility mod updates.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I notice in earlier posts that you helped the author of milk mod economy with setting up a compatibility for your mods. Unfortunately this compatibility is only extended to the player, pregnant npcs are ignored by MME.

I tried jury-rigging the MME script myself to make it scan tracked pregnant npcs but papyrus compiler keeps screaming at me that some functions and variables don't exist in milkquest.psc. I'm guessing because it's trying to call on stuff from your mod, but I don't know how to set up a dependency.

Can you help in any way, please?

Edit: After some thought, maybe it's milkquest.psc that should be altered? Would it be possible to modify _JSW_FM_Tracking.psc so that when it checks tracked npcs during the polls it does something like:

if not pregnant -> move on to the next npc

if pregnant -> check for milk production

if milk production yes -> move on

if milk production no -> start milk production -> move on

15 minutes ago, Woodie said:

Hello, I notice in earlier posts that you helped the author of milk mod economy with setting up a compatibility for your mods. Unfortunately this compatibility is only extended to the player, pregnant npcs are ignored by MME.

I tried jury-rigging the MME script myself to make it scan tracked pregnant npcs but papyrus compiler keeps screaming at me that some functions and variables don't exist in milkquest.psc. I'm guessing because it's trying to call on stuff from your mod, but I don't know how to set up a dependency.

Can you help in any way, please?

Sure. Could you show me the error message and offending code? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it here.

• 2 weeks later...

An Idea/Suggestion:

When generating the random value for semen quality it appears that it is a random number between 1 and 100.  The idea is to generate that number slightly differently in order to make multiple love making increase the odds of pregnancy.

If you use a random number between the current number and 100 this would prevent having sex a second time from lowering the chance of pregnancy and it would increase the odds of having high enough quality from multiple insemination.  More interesting would be to make the base something like 1 - 60.  Then when insemination occurred a second time make the random number be between X and X+60 where X is the quality value at the point of the subsequent insemination.  I do not think it would matter to cap it, other than if your using a INT variable type or have some other coding reason to cap the quality value.

Just a thought about a great mod.  Thanks for your work on it.

-XP

Ohh, and while I am posting, any change in the MCM to raise the maximum pregnancy morph value to x10 rather than x8?

1 hour ago, xenokplay said:

When generating the random value for semen quality it appears that it is a random number between 1 and 100.  The idea is to generate that number slightly differently in order to make multiple love making increase the odds of pregnancy.

If you use a random number between the current number and 100 this would prevent having sex a second time from lowering the chance of pregnancy and it would increase the odds of having high enough quality from multiple insemination.  More interesting would be to make the base something like 1 - 60.  Then when insemination occurred a second time make the random number be between X and X+60 where X is the quality value at the point of the subsequent insemination.  I do not think it would matter to cap it, other than if your using a INT variable type or have some other coding reason to cap the quality value.

Here's how it works and why:

1. New sperm is indeed a randomly chosen number between 1 and 100, and that range was chosen as a quality percentage.

2. If sperm was already present, a weakening adjustment is applied according to its age (currentSpermQuality / currentSpermAge). This is where the overall quality could potentially go down if you got a low roll on the new sperm, the old sperm was already low, and the old sperm was nearing the removal day. But most of the time the overall quality should go up with the following logic.

3. If the new sperm quality is higher than the adjusted current sperm quality, the potential father is changed. I only track the highest quality sperm donor and that becomes the father if conception occurs.

4. The two numbers are added together and the result becomes the new current sperm quality.

5. The new sperm quality is bounded to [1,100] to keep the logic consistent.

6. The sperm age is reset. This is where I got a bit lazy in that I could track each insemination, its quality, and age. Instead, like the father, only the most recent sperm's age is tracked.

The sperm quality is bounded as a percentage for a few reasons. Since it's exposed to the player, a percentage is readily understandable where almost any other range would raise questions. [1,100] with the weakening logic has a nice balance of ensuring conception isn't difficult but also not so easy that having sex once or twice will guarantee conception[1]. And because I'm only tracking the most recent sperm and father, a clear boundary helps simplify the code when identifying a potential father. :)

[1] This falls under the original goal of the mod where there's mindfulness of fertility, but not every woman is constantly waddling around or carrying a baby. I wanted a nice mix of realism (ie. it's actually harder than one would think to conceive at any given time) and fun gameplay (eg. "Imma get preggy...randomly fucked once...done").

I've also got an idea/suggestion: would it be possible to also take the father's race into account when determining the race of the child?

I am aware the ingame book Notes on Racial Phylogeny says children match the race of the mother most of the time (with the last bit probably being there to leave room for future lore changes), and also that chances are it was easier to set the code up to only check for the mother's race, but I think it would be nice to also have the option of having the father's race influence the result as well. Maybe with "always mother's race", "always father's race" and "50/50 chance" options selectable by the player, with it automatically defaulting to "mother's race only" when the father is a non-vanilla race or a creature.

As far as the technical aspect of the request goes, I know the father is tracked to some extent, but I don't know if the extent of that tracking would allow to fetch their race somehow and use it in the "race-selecting" part of the code for children, and that's what I'm wondering about.

I'll admit I'm pitching this idea both as a suggestion for a future update and to know whether it would be possible to look into doing it myself on my end for personal use, so if it is indeed possible and you wouldn't mind giving some pointers as to where to start editing the scripts to achieve it, that would be greatly appreciated :classic_shy:.

44 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

if it is indeed possible and you wouldn't mind giving some pointers as to where to start editing the scripts to achieve it, that would be greatly appreciated :classic_shy:.

The exact line where the baby's race is set would be line 87 in _JSW_FM_BabyQuestScript.psc for the player

AddBirthRecord(akActor, akActor.GetRace(), strArg, name, gender)

And line 122 for NPCs

AddBirthRecord(PlayerRef, akActor.GetRace(), strArg, name, gender, akActor)

Both use akActor, which is the mother's form. This race is then forwarded through to the Children extension by referencing the birth record in PapyrusUtil. This function is an event handler for a mod event fired from EndPregnancy in _JSW_FM_Tracking.psc (line 241). The father's name is passed to that event, but not the form, so getting the father's race as-is would be tricky. However, the father's form is also stored in PapyrusUtil on the mother with the "_JSW_FM_Father" tag, so technically you have access to it given the mother's form.

There are two problems:

1. PapyrusUtil is finicky with actor forms that come from mods, so there's no guarantee that you can get the father in the event if he's an NPC from a mod. This is the main reason why the tracked actors for fertility are stored in an array rather than PapyrusUtil. I still need to run tests with JContainers as an alternative to PapyrusUtil...

2. There's no guarantee that the father won't be cleared before the event handler runs (_JSW_FM_Tracking.psc line 271). Such is the way with event-based programming.

Off the top of my head, I'd approach this like so:

The hackish way would be to reference the stored father form and comment out clearing of that form in EndPregnancy. This should only cause problems in the MCM debug pages where a father is displayed even when not pregnant. A more complete solution would be to move the clearing of the father to the event handlers so there's no risk of timing issues. Full disclosure, I'd probably implement it that way.

The best solution would probably be to have a more customized event for birth that has sufficient parameters instead of using the same handler signature as the standard SendModEvent function. But that would mean adding another event creation function like SendTrackingEvent in _JSW_FM_Utility.psc and calling it in EndPregnancy for birth (but not abort). And if I were going that far, I'd take it to the next level and overhaul the custom events to be more generic so that adding a function for each signature wouldn't be needed. And let's be fair, as a code monkey that would likely devolve into writing a full fledged Skyrim custom event framework I can use elsewhere too. ;)

If I were to add that feature right now, that's my thought process. :)

32 minutes ago, Narue said:

[...]

If I were to add that feature right now, that's my thought process. :)

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation!

I can live with a bugged debug (lol) MCM page if it's harmless otherwise, and considering my experience with Papyrus is too limited to go for the "good" solution, I'd say the hackish way is my best (and only) chance. I'll look into it and see if I can get it to work.

Again, thanks for the help!

9 hours ago, Narue said:

[...]

I managed to get it to work. I commented out the father form clearing from EndPregnancy and then edited the OnFertilityModePlayerBirth function so it fetches the father form from PapyrusUtil, checks if it belongs to one of the supported vanilla races (by doing a "HasForm" on an external FormList with the races, though I'm pretty sure there is a cleaner/fancier way to do so) and if he does, it passes his race to the AddBirthRecord function instead of the mother's. Of course I could do something fancier with the logic like having a % chance of using the father's race instead of the mother's or whatever, but for now the "fixed" option will work.

I haven't been able to do extensive testing on it, but so far it's worked fine on 3 different pregnancies with 3 different fathers (producing children that matched their father's race). I'm worried about what would happen if it fails to get the father for some reason as you said it could, because I don't have any failsafes in place for that; but I guess if you pass a none/empty form to HasForm it will return false so it will default to the mother's race instead. Still, I'll have to look into it.

As for the debug page, it actually doesn't seem to get bugged by not clearing the father form; the "Father" field only seems to be displayed while pregnant, and since being pregnant again would mean the form has been set to the current father anyway, I don't see any downsides to not clearing the form (outside of it not being a nice coding practice, that is). The "potential father" field seems to be unaffected as well and properly displays the last candidate, so that's good as well.

Again, thank you very much for your help :classic_laugh:.

This is a splendid addition to my mods list! Lightweight too. Do you have any plans to varify the traits of children? "Children+ soul gems" did that, and you could also change the race to adult for the children via console, which then would make their unique inherited mother/father traits be underlined, problem is it didn't use a script to clone unique npcs so a console change in essence changed all of children npcs to headless adults, funny that FO4 doesn't have such issues.