Improved Male Rig with Penis Bones (Updated 17/11/2017)

I do not understand if it is necessary to replace the WW "TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_CAS_Penis.package" file with the "TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_CAS_Old_Penis.package" that comes in the rig, if so, should I rename (remove "_Old")?

Replace the one you have in your wickedwhims folder with the Cas_Old_penis that comes with azmodan's rig.

Today I started to work on the assignment of joints. I need to continue working on that and most of all, kip learning about how to do it right. But yes, all the penises will and should have the same joints assigned, my only doubts about that are the number of joints and the position of the penis mesh.

As everyone knows all the penises have different shapes, a different number of polys and vertex. I started to think that maybe the ideal (if all the penises will be using the same rig) is to edit the penises for giving to them the same position as the standard, or the least a position close to the standard.

If all the penises have the same position they will work much better in all the animations. Or at least that is my way to reason the situation. At the same time, I know that many animators use different penises for creating his animations and I really don't want to make something that it can ruin his work.

About the number of joints. Some meshes from the penis have more vertex than others, and with more vertex is possible to have a good number of joints for a more natural movement. In my practice of today, I use almost all the joints except one. I understand that the rig has extra joints for those who want to rig a large penis but I feel that is necessary a few more extra joints if they stay.

I think that is great have extra joints but at the same time, I don't know if they will be completely usable because the animations are made for all the penises in general. In the case of having a large penis rigged he will need animations made for this kind of penis for work at 100%.

Viewing the things off this way is obvious that we need to talk more about this and find a way to make all work as best as possible.

I do not understand if it is necessary to replace the WW "TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_CAS_Penis.package" file with the "TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_CAS_Old_Penis.package" that comes in the rig, if so, should I rename (remove "_Old")?

Replace the one you have in your wickedwhims folder with the Cas_Old_penis that comes with azmodan's rig.

hello

I do not have *TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_CAS_Old_Penis*

if I take it off *TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_CAS_Penis* I have an error in the game ...

if i rename the *_old* it will work ? or I leave both files ?

thanks

Today I started to work on the assignment of joints. I need to continue working on that and most of all, kip learning about how to do it right. But yes, all the penises will and should have the same joints assigned, my only doubts about that are the number of joints and the position of the penis mesh.

As everyone knows all the penises have different shapes, a different number of polys and vertex. I started to think that maybe the ideal (if all the penises will be using the same rig) is to edit the penises for giving to them the same position as the standard, or the least a position close to the standard.

If all the penises have the same position they will work much better in all the animations. Or at least that is my way to reason the situation. At the same time, I know that many animators use different penises for creating his animations and I really don't want to make something that it can ruin his work.

About the number of joints. Some meshes from the penis have more vertex than others, and with more vertex is possible to have a good number of joints for a more natural movement. In my practice of today, I use almost all the joints except one. I understand that the rig has extra joints for those who want to rig a large penis but I feel that is necessary a few more extra joints if they stay.

I think that is great have extra joints but at the same time, I don't know if they will be completely usable because the animations are made for all the penises in general. In the case of having a large penis rigged he will need animations made for this kind of penis for work at 100%.

Viewing the things off this way is obvious that we need to talk more about this and find a way to make all work as best as possible.

As animator, I completely agree! 

hello

if I take it off *TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_CAS_Penis* I have an error in the game ...

thanks

Im also having this problem

I have updated the file with the new rigs. Both Male and Female Rigs have the Wide tongue (v1) included.

I have also added a constraint to the Tongue 1 Bone ( in Blender, not it the Rig) so that the tongue follows the b__CAS_JawComp__ and thus stays whare it should be when the Jaw opens.

this constraint changes tongue's position while rotating head:

attachicon.gif1.gif

It doesn't happen if I turn off the constraint. Is there a way to avoid this effect but keep jaw follower?

try to change parent tounge_1 bone to b__jaw

you can test this first by edit it manually

- select tounge_1 bone then change to edit mode (if you in pose mode)

- select bone editor (a single bone icon) and change parent from b__head to b__jaw

post-1301181-0-86484500-1509633928_thumb.jpg

then back to pose mode, then remove the constraint

after that try to move the bone

if the bone move like as you wanted, then i will reposition tounge bone, since it changing the parent

I agree with you and I see what your doupts are.

The principles of making a penis model are the same as they were before this rig. All animators (or at least most of us) make animation using Cmar penis simply because this was the first that become available. In order to keep backward compatibility with our animations we continue to use that penis mesh. So new penises, in oder to be compatible with our animations Must be located at the same place, otherwise there will be clipping. The rig can help the designers. When someone makes a penis, he/she must make it and rigged it so that the bones are in the ceter of the penis:

post-96019-0-75482700-1509639460_thumb.jpg

If a creator wants his penis to have a slighly different shap they can initially designit and rig as the above picture, and change the shape afterwads.

The different number of vertexes in different penises does not affect animations as long as the weight paninting was done correctly. Animators use bones and dont really care how many vertexes vertexes are assigned to to those bones. All we care is that when we bent the mid bone, the penis will be bend at that place. Wether it will bend cruedly or softly depends on how well the weight painting was done. :)

About the joins, each model does not have to use the all. just those that work for it.

If you need more bones you can tell what more you need and where and I can add them.

As long as it is not another Penis base for the female model. 

hello

thanks

If you delete the TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_CAS_Penis your game will not have a penis and obviously the game will not work.

you need bothe files.

I have updated the file with the new rigs. Both Male and Female Rigs have the Wide tongue (v1) included.

I have also added a constraint to the Tongue 1 Bone ( in Blender, not it the Rig) so that the tongue follows the b__CAS_JawComp__ and thus stays whare it should be when the Jaw opens.

attachicon.gif1.gif

It doesn't happen if I turn off the constraint. Is there a way to avoid this effect but keep jaw follower?

I will check it out and update the files

thnx

hello

thanks

Im also having this problem

see above 

so i won't need the better body meshes if i use this? do i still need to download the tongue mesh?

This has nothing to do with the better body. If you want better boddy you will still need id. Yes you need to donwload the tongue mesh seperately if you want it.

attachicon.gif1.gif

try to change parent tounge_1 bone to b__jaw

you can test this first by edit it manually

- select tounge_1 bone then change to edit mode (if you in pose mode)

- select bone editor (a single bone icon) and change parent from b__head to b__jaw

attachicon.gif14.jpg

then back to pose mode, then remove the constraint

after that try to move the bone

if the bone move like as you wanted, then i will reposition tounge bone, since it changing the parent

I SERIOUSLY advise you not to do that  :cool: .

In order to position bones in the rig Sims does it in relation to their parent. If you change the parent of the Tongue 1, All the tongue bones will be relocated and you will end up fixing it from 0. When it comes to animating it, it doesn't matter if the parent in the rig is the head or the Jaw. All that matters is that it stays in the head when we move it. 

so i won't need the better body meshes if i use this? do i still need to download the tongue mesh?

This has nothing to do with the better body. If you want better boddy you will still need id. Yes you need to donwload the tongue mesh seperately if you want it.

but better body has a penis mesh it's the one i'm using at the moment. i want to use this so i won't need BB penis mesh anymore correct?

but better body has a penis mesh it's the one i'm using at the moment. i want to use this so i won't need BB penis mesh anymore correct?

Ah I see. Until BB penis has been updated with bone weights, if you want an animated penisthen you have to remove BB and use this one. 

attachicon.gif1.gif

I have updated the Blender files. The tongue now works correctly.

How to install please.

Don't break you neck installing. Until animators use this new rig in their animations you're not going to see anything unless you're going to make animations yourself.

amra72 has some

Released or just a preview gif?

Yes indeed. 

I tested it and it does works if you change Tongue 1 bone's parent to Jaw. I tried to avoid that because I do not know how will changins a bones parent in blender, will affect the animation when you import it to the game. 

The best solution would be to make that change to the rig as well. I will see what can be done. But previously made animations with the tongue might not work.

The best solution would be to make that change to the rig as well. But previously made animations with the tongue might not work

yes, I think that change bone parent is more correct if it works ok. in this case may I use previous rig with changed bone parent? As for animations with the tongue, but do they already exist?

The only ones I know of are some test animations autobanned made. I dont know if anyone else has made any animations.

In the meantime you can either use the previous rig with changed parrent, or you can delete the constrains from this one and change the parent. It is the same thing.

Fine! I just change your rigs a little for myself (make start pose and skin textures for both) and I didn't want to change them again. Unfortunately only new WW default penis model is missing in the rig, otherwise it would be generally fine.

You might have to :D

I has thinking about adding one more bone between the Penis Base and the Mid bone to allow more freedom in the movemnt.

From all those who have made penis models until now only .Noir. has shared his opinion and he did say he would like more bones. I assume that is where he meant.

I have also done some test with automatic waight painting and I saw that manualy making the weight works far better. I will also try to make a tutorial for penis weight painting so that Any interested will follow the same rules to waight painting and all the models will be compatible. 

Fine! I just change your rigs a little for myself (make start pose and skin textures for both) and I didn't want to change them again. Unfortunately only new WW default penis model is missing in the rig, otherwise it would be generally fine.

You might have to :D

I has thinking about adding one more bone between the Penis Base and the Mid bone to allow more freedom in the movemnt.

From all those who have made penis models until now only .Noir. has shared his opinion and he did say he would like more bones. I assume that is where he meant.

I have also done some test with automatic waight painting and I saw that manualy making the weight works far better. I will also try to make a tutorial for penis weight painting so that Any interested will follow the same rules to waight painting and all the models will be compatible. 

ok, this are good news, I thought about one more mid penis bone too, because we can't bend it strongly with only one, it looks not good. but I think if you'll add one more mid bone that maybe it makes sense to turn on existing mid01 bone too?

and how soon do you plan to share the updated version?

As soon as I make it. I will work on it tommorow

I think 5 to 7 joints is a good number to assign a penis without counting that three of the testicles. Azmodan,  as your rig have a modified mesh with a more large penis and joints more separated than I expected, makes a little confusing (at least for me) know where to assign a certain joint on a smaller penis.

So what if we forgot the extra joints, and we use a unique number of joints that will be destinated for an aspecific section of each penis and make a rule of it. I don't know if I explain fine what I trying to say.

But for example, if we have 6 joints for the phallus every creator who wants to rig his penis, he/she will need to assign one of the joints for the phallus on a specific section (as a general rule) independently of where is the joint on the rig. In theory, does not matter how big or short the penis it is, all of them should move on the same or similar way.

This picture is a visual example of what I try to explain. But remember is just an example, this does not mean that it has to be this way or this number of joints. Each color represents a section of the penis where a specific joint needs to be assigned.

I used the actual names of the current joints by order for the example.

post-1440322-0-88475700-1509689066_thumb.png

This picture is a visual example of what I try to explain. But remember is just an example, this does not mean that it has to be this way or this number of joints. Each color represents a section of the penis where a specific joint needs to be assigned.

I used the actual names of the current joints by order for the example.

attachicon.gifpenis_sections_and_his_joints.png

I think the only problem with this is that smaller or larger models may not properly line up when a sim "touches" the tip, but I think we're going to run into that issue no matter what. So your solution is pretty much the best option.