[Starbound] Modding Guide: Add Support to Sexbound API for Custom Species.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Could someone add support for the Frackin Universe races, specifically the Eld'uukhar? I'd do it myself, but I when I attempt to unpak the FU file, Windows Powershell freezes then crashes. If someone could do this, I will love you long time... or something.

On 12/2/2018 at 5:40 PM, ElectricaVulpes said:

Could someone add support for the Frackin Universe races, specifically the Eld'uukhar? I'd do it myself, but I when I attempt to unpak the FU file, Windows Powershell freezes then crashes. If someone could do this, I will love you long time... or something.

Nah, problem is that when someone tried to add support to it, Sayter got pissed about permissions and now modders must ask permission for races as a result.  So you will have to do support for yourself, it seems.

On 9/6/2018 at 5:23 AM, JesusCopter said:

Can someone link me the file? The Mega link is dead...

On 11/26/2018 at 8:19 PM, darkninjawolf64 said:

We need a new template to update all the custom races.

The broken links to download the template files and artwork have been fixed. I've read through the tutorials steps and they are still correct. Previous custom species mods will need to be updated to conform with the new artwork added in Sexbound API version 2.6.x.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I liked the idea of being able to make a character pregnant, and have babies with it. The thing is, I would like to make a mod that allows you to impregnate a character without having an explicit sex animation, so it's sfw (f.e. by having the two character sleeping one onto the other, or something like that), and I think using sexbound api might prove useful. But I have absolutely no experience in modding, and have found no tuto to learn how to make a mod with sexbound, could you help me?

Thanks in advance,

Me

On 7/10/2019 at 8:48 PM, cerveau23 said:

Hi,

I liked the idea of being able to make a character pregnant, and have babies with it. The thing is, I would like to make a mod that allows you to impregnate a character without having an explicit sex animation, so it's sfw (f.e. by having the two character sleeping one onto the other, or something like that), and I think using sexbound api might prove useful. But I have absolutely no experience in modding, and have found no tuto to learn how to make a mod with sexbound, could you help me?

Thanks in advance,

Me

I think a mod like that would be standalone. A big part of Sexbound API is that it handles animations. You're free to borrow some of what Sexbound does to handle tracking pregnancy. It basically uses a timer to track values that are stored in an NPC or Player's storage. Then spawns an NPC when the time is right.

You will have trouble figuring out which NPCs are inside of the bed together. You can anchor multiple lay positions to a bed, but the code has trouble to find information about the NPCs or Players in an anchor other than the first. 

• 1 month later...

So im trying to make myself a patch for the elduukhar race in frackin universe. Im only trying to patch them as they are the only race i like. i have gotten most of the steps completed. I haven't tried to figure out windows paint yet, instead renaming the original .png files to  what the template had and putting them into the template. have not changed the genital files at all and ignored anything labeled as optional. When i have the mod folder in with my other mods i get an error when i try to launch the game.

Fatal Exception Caught: (ApplicationException) Application threw error during startup

After that its a wall of errors i cant seem to copy paste to put in a spoiler. Hopefully someone can help me with the info i have provided so i dont have to type it all out.

image.png

• 3 months later...