[Starbound] Modding Guide: Add Support to Sexbound API for Custom Species.

14 hours ago, fare67t said:

edit: also the unpacked custom species im making has like...3 different kinds. inside theres simply Viera.species, then theres also femalefeolviera and femaleveenaravaviera (and the male vers of them). yet they all use the exact same sprites for body it seems like.

See now, heres something i dont quite get...

Im working on adding support for a race i use alot, but...

Isn't there an option to change skin color and such when making a new character?

yet the template is only one color...?

Perhaps im just trippin / new at modding, but that doesnt add up to me x3

I may have an answer for the unique colour.... It could be standard placeholder colours (generally one or two) that gets replaced dynamically by the the game. It was really common in the old dos era games. They were creating one sprite and you would get the different coloured enemy according to its level. Pretty current and when big games where around 5 mo it could make a world of difference. Nowaday, you use this out of convenience: if you modify a sprite, you won't have to change all variations of it since there is only one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm surprised Felin isn't supported already, pretty popular mod for what it is and has some *very* kinky references involved.  Just go to one of those prisons and you'll see what I mean.

I'd give it a whirl myself, but the links for the material for me to do so are dead as several others have already pointed out.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/5/2018 at 7:04 PM, Mr.Pineapple said:

Don't know why, but custom races dont work for me.

When any animation starts, my player changes to some default human bald guy. I did try with the vanilla races and they all work fine.

Help?

You'll want to check on the sexbound API page for compatible race mods.  Speaking of, I need to get back to the felin mod sprites, did the female body but I'm having trouble with figuring out tail synchronization/positioning.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2017 at 1:46 AM, remois said:

Hi, I have a request.

Can someone add support for the felin race? It seems to be very complete and fun to play

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729429063&searchtext=felin

I *could* upload it if it's not against the rules (I'm not sure)

Thanks for your answer

Felins are 97% based on Avians, so they should be a piece of cake. They use the same color scheme and body pattern. Only difference is the feet and tails.

Edit: Here you go. Like I said, piece of cake.

I known that you had request for this races. And I known that they have custom body. But I have a good news for you.

Skittles made a mods to make Familars and Avali body match more vanilla ones to work better with clothes mods.

Maybe by using this edits will be more easier to make patchs for this races?

Humanoid Familiars:

https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/humanoid-familiars.5241/

Humanoid Avali:

https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/humanoid-avali.5232/

OR

Humanoid Avali Simpler:

https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/humanoid-avali-simpler.5233/

I been working on the AVALI race due to popular demands and even got the art work done. Issue is I need the coding aspect to work. If anyone can send me a code that allows me to add support to the race then I can test the mod then post it.

On 4/9/2018 at 9:47 AM, darkninjawolf64 said:

I been working on the AVALI race due to popular demands and even got the art work done. Issue is I need the coding aspect to work. If anyone can send me a code that allows me to add support to the race then I can test the mod then post it.

Doesn't the code come with the template? If not, you could try to get a hold of Loxodon directly, he would probably be able to help you out.

On 4/17/2018 at 7:57 AM, Mr.Pineapple said:

There is this new-ish Lombax race mod on the workshop, in my opinion the best one yet. -->  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1361888892  

Is there anyone who started work on this one? Otherwise I'll try and make support for this mod.

I didn't make that one compatible, but if ya' scroll up some I got another lombax mod supported with nudity and Sexbound!         :3

Edit: I decided since the Lombax mod you were talking about has more content, I decided to merge the old and new lombax mods. It still has the look of the old lombaxes (Because I like the old look more) with all of the content from the newest version (As of April 19th!) of Lombax Race Redux. So now, there should be all of the new armors and weapons and such with the new Lombax Race Redux  mod BUT with the old lombaxy look! [WARNING: THE EDIT OF THE LOMBAX RACE PATCH/ADD-ON/WHATEVER YOU WANNA CALL IT JUST POSTED HAS NUDITY! IT IS NSFW BUT THEN AGAIN WE ARE ON LOVERS LAB...]

lombax_striped.zip

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2018 at 10:14 AM, Minimun101 said:

I'm trying to find a patch for the familiar race mod, but I couldn't find any. I tried to patch my own and used humanoid assets, but it just made a human. Any help? 

https://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/747?tab=description

Edit: I uploaded my attempt

familiar.pak

your problem is that you are missing the art file. you have to manually put the art in the artwork folder. edit that and try it.

20 minutes ago, Minimun101 said:

I guess I should have updated it, but my boyfriend and I are actually almost done making a working patch for familiars! We just have to finish the sprites for the females!

good luck. familliars race is similar to avali race in difficulty to mod so you may be there for a while.