Do you feel guilty when you cheat?

MsOtaku

Is using the console really cheating if the game has it enabled by default? I would argue that setting limits on it on is best practice if you want to enjoy the game, but it is an intentionally included function, so what's the problem? Personally, I only use the console to work around bugs, because that's how I most enjoy the game, but use it however you want as long as you aren't playing a multiplayer mod.

Pretty sure there's already my post in this thread... Regardless, i'm an old-school gamer, games are for challenges for you to beat. So, i don't cheat. Or if i do, i go back and do it properly.
Usually just rage and deal with it. The latest being this fucking asshole :@

And there's nothing like a good, old-fashioned 3000+ enemy classic Doom slaughter map ^_^ Though that requires a lot of save scumming, but i don't consider that cheating :D

I always make myself rich for one. Finding a weapon or armor that I want and having to run around selling crap and making money is a complete waste of time when I can just console anything in the game. Also I try to never cheat by killing enemies with console, but, sometimes when the game is dropping enemies on top of you in a new area just sucks! So I do then. The only time I might feel a little guilty over cheating is when I might miss some decent content because of it- like a good cut scene or something. Stripping npcs and maybe taking some of their rare gear is another I do fairly often. Another I do is cheat on is carryweight, since it is a pain to have to go and store the shit somewhere ALL THE TIME!! In FO4 I carry a junkyard in my inventory to go with the Conquest mod so I can build anywhere at anytime. Since I have played these games already, I am not looking for more immersion- I just want to be unhindered and have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to when I played BG2: Shadows of Amn and used the console to equip the best gear.  Each time I'd start a new character, I'd tell myself that I'd go through without giving myself gear.  And then I'd get to vampires, a dragon, or some other nasty fight, and I'd give myself just one thing to get the upper hand.  And then I'd call for another item.  The process continued, and soon enough, my party was outfitted with end-game gear. 

Now, in games like Skyrim, I don't worry about using AddItemMenu or god mode.  I've beaten the game without mods or console commands, so I'm now playing for the moment-to-moment experience, and I use whichever shortcuts seem appropriate at any given moment. 

That said, and to return to the OP's question, I'm most bothered with cheats and shortcuts when their use deprives me of a fun victory or a sense of accomplishment to go along with a cut scene or hard-won quest reward.

Depends my objective in the game. Know most shit about skyrim,fallout, etc. So I play for the story and roleplay, makes no sense for some characters have amnesia nad forget how to use a fucking axe, so I actually feel better staing up the character in a way that makes sense.

On Multiplayer tpoufgh youre an ashole if you cheat.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wait so this is about RL? FK NO! The only time I myself have ever cheated is when my man or girl (depending on my current relationship) keeps accusing me of cheating and I get so sick of that crap! It's like I'm not allowed to have friends or something. It's like yeah okay if you are going to keep accusing me il do it and give you a reason. Believe it or not men accuse a lot more than other women, at least in my experience anyways. Ofc I know that if it ever gets to the point where I cheat it's time to move on so. The answer is no I don't feel bad about it. :)

Archived