Do you feel guilty when you cheat?

MsOtaku

I first opened this thinking it was about relationships lol. I see it was about console commands in Skyrim!

Ā 

I cheat every so often, mainly when I want a newly installed outfit. (Sometimes I use the add item mod.) Or if I get stuck in a situation where I'll just keep dying over and over. This happens sometimes due to the combat overhauls etc I have installed. Even on the middle difficultly my game is actually hard.

Ā 

I don't ever feel guilty about it because my Skyrim is my world. I dictate the rules! I treat it like an unruly child sometimes lol.

Just wondering, do anyone of you cheat and regret it or cheat and don't give a crap?

Ā 

Ā 

I don't cheat. I feel it would make the game pointless. However, when a game feature is just too mean (for example, the only way to get through a door is by doing something too disgusting or insanely difficult), then I don't feel guilty using tcl or such.

Ā 

Then again, there are mods that are really equivalent to cheating, such as Auto Harvest 2, and I feel a little guilty about using those. But harvesting everything manually would be just too tedious.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I have NEVER finished the game

Ā 

Ā 

I don't really think of Skyrim as a game that you finish. It's a place to be, an alternative life (unfortunately) much more exciting and rewarding than the real one.

Ā 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't feel guilty, no. But I am a computer scientist in terms of college training, so I understand very well how much these games are just a string of variables. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy the game, but it does mean I understand at my core how much these games are just meant to induce fun and be manipulated.

Ā 

Look up Extra Credits on Youtube, they have a video about games just being meant to be fun/what games can accomplish in the world. It's pretty insightful.

well in fonv I console command

stuff likeĀ 

"setpccanusepowerarmor 1

player.forceav luck 8

player.forceav endurance 10

player.setav speedmult 133"

ā€‹in the beginning of a playthrough

on top of having a strong weapon

but thats just me defining my character.

Ā 

isnt that op af for a level 1? yeah i guess

but idc bc everyone plays Bethesda games

their own way. plus I define some characters

as having 7 endurance or 10 perceptionĀ or

4 strength and no more no less

depending on the playthrough

Ā 

but in my console-faggot days in fagbox 360

Skyrim I made a Dragonbonesword, smithed

it to Legendary status, 1 hand enchanted a

bunch of shit- each swing caused I shit you

not 500 damage- realizing I opened a fuckin

door I cant unopen and will always know it

is right fucking there I broke & ruinedĀ 

console-fag edition Skyrim for me.

but now I can justify such faggotry with

Ā making a very extremely ultra brutal Skyrim

where every move matters and I have to make

each one count or im am fucked (figuratively and literally) :P

I love mods, except the politically correct ones.

I loved it when Curie smoked, it's like having a memory of a girlfriend you can't get back though, because she's a confirmed ex-smoker now.

(But I digress)

I took some Useless BDSM mod (collars, bracelets) and gave them powers wonder-woman would be jealous of.

The Sunglasses make a person resist fire frost and radiation,

The skimpy clothes are tons better than power-armor.

"Cheat, but cheat wisely", my imaginary friend used to say, when they were still speaking to me.

I read the post just before this one, and I almost get it, cheating's OK if the game is harder.

No, cheating's OK if you can cheat the way the game cheats (enemies with their unlimited ammo and endless trash-talk).

You're on a mission from the god of your game (IOW, you're a tool) and why get all beat up over it.

They'llĀ just send you on another impossible mission and give you ten cents.

"Thank you. Now renovate my back yard, Tool, and be quick about it"

Forget that.

Blow them off with a magical Radio and leave quickly.

Goodness! I'm glad to see this post still up and people giving their honest opinions. :blush:

Ā 

I tried. I honestly tried not to cheat in this current playthrough but, alas I was tired of running out of lock picks and used the console ID to add 1000 of them into my inventory. I'm so ashamed....

Syl+Jr+Bag.jpg

Ā 

I tried. I honestly tried not to cheat in this current playthrough but, alas I was tired of running out of lock picks and used the console ID to add 1000 of them into my inventory. I'm so ashamed....

Ā 

Tbqh I just use this mod for lock picking, as I hate the minigame so much.Ā  Works with SSE, too.

Ā 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/219/?

Ā 

Ā 

I love lock picking! It's fun for me. It may or may not have anything to do with lock picking IRL. :angel:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Tbqh I just use this mod for lock picking, as I hate the minigame so much.Ā  Works with SSE, too.

Ā 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/219/?

Ā 

Ā 

I love lock picking! It's fun for me. It may or may not have anything to do with lock picking IRL. :angel:

Ā 

Ā 

As a person that tends to play anĀ thief/assassin type character I like trying to fiddle with locks without breakingĀ all myĀ picks. Bethesda should have made a smash lock option for those who play aĀ warrior type build. Maybe a spell to turn locks into butterflies for mages.

• 8 months later...

First off all, i'm not talking about cheating on your significant other. I am talking about cheating in videogames.

Ā 

I'm not sure when it started, but for the past 10 years or so, I have used cheats more and more, and it is ruining gaming for me. I just can't help it. (I only use them on SP games.)Ā 

Ā 

Does anybody have an idea on how to help me?

Ā 

(I know this might not be the place to ask, but I am not part of any other forum.)Ā 

Then don't cheat bro. You need to have more discipline. If you feel this has become a problem, how about making a promise to yourself of "No cheating until i beat the game" and you could use a rubber band on you wrist as a symbol of that promise so every time you look at it, it will remind you of your promise.

Ā 

More than once i have wanted to cheat but then i think to my self that it'd feel more rewarding if i do things the right way and after i beat the game i can cheat all i want.

Nope can't say that I do. If I'm having fun then I'm having fun even if I'm cheating. Sometimes just running around shooting everything with a ton of fatmans while in god mode is fun as hell especially when you can see everything and everyone flying all over the place.Ā 

Archived