What would you actually pay for if it was in CC?

khumak

Just curious where people stand on this.  Are you in the "F Bethesda, I'll never pay for anything" camp?  Are you already happily spending $5 for every crappy sword and armor item they crank out?  Would you buy a quest mod bigger and better than Bruma if it came from CC? 

What if CC actually did release things that modders can't do like increase the number of light sources allowed per mesh from say 4-10 or something?  Or implement subsurface scattering and every other feature available in ENB for Oldrim.  I'd pay a little for those last 2.  But based on their current pricing model what price would they charge for a Bruma scale mod?  If a single sword is $5 does that mean CC Bruma is $200?  I don't think so... 

I'd pay a small amount for CC versions of mods like Helgen Reborn, Rigmor, Clockwork, etc that have long/unique questlines but they'd have to change their pricing model.  A fetch quest that leads to a sword or any other item is worth exactly $0 to me.  If they bundled up everything currently in CC other than Survival mode and released it as a mod pack I wouldn't pay even $1 for it. 

IMO CC has 2 main problems right now.  1 is their pricing model.  They're charging DLC level prices for individual items.  $5 for CC version of Helgen Reborn, sure.  $5 for 1 crappy sword?  Not happening.  The other problem is the content itself.  Where are the "mini DLC" that are superior to what the free modding scene can make?  Where are the CC mods that tweak the game engine in ways that modders can't to do something cool?

Why don't they treat Nexus mods as sort of a testbed for potential CC content that they can charge console users for?  Troll Nexus for the most popular mods and then go offer those mod authors money to repackage their content for console users on the CC while leaving it free on the Nexus for the PC users who are testing it and rating it for them.  Then modders like Chesko/Isoku/Enai could keep making the overhauls they like to make and Bethesda could pay them to copy paste it for PS4 crowd who would surely love it as much as we do.  They could be sure that every single thing they release on CC would be a hit because it's already been playtested and rated on Nexus.

Why not pay Arthmoor and team for USSEP including periodic updates where they just integrate it into the base game for everyone for free?  What if Survival mode integrated Campfire/Frostfall/iNeed/Hunterborn/CACO and paid all of those mod authors for their work including a clause for further payments for future updates that Nexus users would happily bugtest for them?  I'd pay for that.  What if mod authors who's content made it into CC club could put in feature requests to Bethesda for things that aren't possible with the game engine currently?

What if an actual game company like Obsidian came to Bethesda and said hey we want to make a Fallout New Vegas scale "mod" for SE for $30.  I'd buy that.

Just curious where people stand on this.  Are you in the "F Bethesda, I'll never pay for anything" camp?  Are you already happily spending $5 for every crappy sword and armor item they crank out?  Would you buy a quest mod bigger and better than Bruma if it came from CC? 

What if CC actually did release things that modders can't do like increase the number of light sources allowed per mesh from say 4-10 or something?  Or implement subsurface scattering and every other feature available in ENB for Oldrim.  I'd pay a little for those last 2.  But based on their current pricing model what price would they charge for a Bruma scale mod?  If a single sword is $5 does that mean CC Bruma is $200?  I don't think so... 

I'd pay a small amount for CC versions of mods like Helgen Reborn, Rigmor, Clockwork, etc that have long/unique questlines but they'd have to change their pricing model.  A fetch quest that leads to a sword or any other item is worth exactly $0 to me.  If they bundled up everything currently in CC other than Survival mode and released it as a mod pack I wouldn't pay even $1 for it. 

IMO CC has 2 main problems right now.  1 is their pricing model.  They're charging DLC level prices for individual items.  $5 for CC version of Helgen Reborn, sure.  $5 for 1 crappy sword?  Not happening.  The other problem is the content itself.  Where are the "mini DLC" that are superior to what the free modding scene can make?  Where are the CC mods that tweak the game engine in ways that modders can't to do something cool?

Why don't they treat Nexus mods as sort of a testbed for potential CC content that they can charge console users for?  Troll Nexus for the most popular mods and then go offer those mod authors money to repackage their content for console users on the CC while leaving it free on the Nexus for the PC users who are testing it and rating it for them.  Then modders like Chesko/Isoku/Enai could keep making the overhauls they like to make and Bethesda could pay them to copy paste it for PS4 crowd who would surely love it as much as we do.  They could be sure that every single thing they release on CC would be a hit because it's already been playtested and rated on Nexus.

Why not pay Arthmoor and team for USSEP including periodic updates where they just integrate it into the base game for everyone for free?  What if Survival mode integrated Campfire/Frostfall/iNeed/Hunterborn/CACO and paid all of those mod authors for their work including a clause for further payments for future updates that Nexus users would happily bugtest for them?  I'd pay for that.  What if mod authors who's content made it into CC club could put in feature requests to Bethesda for things that aren't possible with the game engine currently?

What if an actual game company like Obsidian came to Bethesda and said hey we want to make a Fallout New Vegas scale "mod" for SE for $30.  I'd buy that.

this is a joke, right?

You do realize that the lsp files used for the CC items has a limit of like 5000 entries, right? Every item placed, npc, line of dialogue, AI package, all of those count towards that limit. Captured Dreams has close to 10,000 lines of dialogue never mind the shop (every item placed counts as an entry), npcs, AI packages, devices and everything else. Any sort of major quest mod or overhaul is not possible, at best you can do basic is a basic fetch quest or other very small quest or possible a basic follower but nothing like the mods you are suggesting. Besides, the CC items are aimed at console players and they want them to buy a bunch of little items not a few large ones. Also consoles are limited to 2gb of mods uncompressed so anything with a lot of new textures is likely impossible or would severely limit the number of things they could install.

Edit:  Captured Dreams uncompressed is just over 500mb itself.

You do realize that the lsp files used for the CC items has a limit of like 5000 entries, right? Every item placed, npc, line of dialogue, AI package, all of those count towards that limit. Captured Dreams has close to 10,000 lines of dialogue never mind the shop (every item placed counts as an entry), npcs, AI packages, devices and everything else. Any sort of major quest mod or overhaul is not possible, at best you can do basic is a basic fetch quest or other very small quest or possible a basic follower but nothing like the mods you are suggesting. Besides, the CC items are aimed at console players and they want them to buy a bunch of little items not a few large ones. Also consoles are limited to 2gb of mods uncompressed so anything with a lot of new textures is likely impossible or would severely limit the number of things they could install.

Edit:  Captured Dreams uncompressed is just over 500mb itself.

I realise that, but I read somewhere that CC can use ESM or ESP as well as ESL if something is large enough to need it.  If that's not the case then there's zero chance we'll ever get anything worthwhile from CC.  Also unfortunately I don't see them ever officially supporting adult content regardless what they do.  So CC really can't be relevant for adult content but assuming ESL files are not the only option it could be worthwhile for non adult content.  I don't think it ever will be, but it could be.

Oblivion with all dlc's as a "from the days of past" type mod for SSE.

Oh wait someone is already working on a Skyrim 32 port of Oblivion (and have been for years).... if that ever reaches the final stage then porting the meshes, textures, and scripts over to SSE would be simple (and a dollar bet, Pete "we made it First" Highness would say its property of beth, then release it on CC for $100).

Bethesda will have to employ coercion to get me to purchase anything they make again.

Micro-transactions by themselves are horrid enough, but to make micro-transactions of things they didn't even create? And to fracture a community over it?

No. That is a cancerous "The ends justify the means!" mentality and I personally will not support it.

Bethesda will have to employ coercion to get me to purchase anything they make again.

Micro-transactions by themselves are horrid enough, but to make micro-transactions of things they didn't even create? And to fracture a community over it?

No. That is a cancerous "The ends justify the means!" mentality and I personally will not support it.

Community made skins which are then Sold and "taxed" Working fine, See steam. People are just As retarded As it works.

I think its just a beta (alfa..)version a testing scam for what the future will look like,of ccourse forget free mods once they've established their scam everythindg will have to pass thru their nets...filter. This happened and still happens whenever theres profit to be made.We've had the pleasure of sharing content and ideas for all these years,but all this activity caught the corporate (def.of a corporate slave: capable of steal the coin from a dead man eye) atention.

The next Elder Scrools will be like that.. Cheers.

I think its just a beta version a testing scam for what the future will look like,of ccourse forget free mods once they've established their scam everythindg will have to pass thru their nets...filter. This happened and still happens whenever theres profit to be made.We've had the pleasure of sharing content and ideas for all these years,but all this activity caught the corporate (def.of a corporate slave: capable of steal the coin from a dead man eye) atention.

Theres always a was to modify files, even Games like gta4 which needs Internet to start/save getting Cracked and shared. It bethesda wants to Drive this Train, it's OK for me, then I stop buying their games and get them otherwise.

I think its just a beta version a testing scam for what the future will look like,of ccourse forget free mods once they've established their scam everythindg will have to pass thru their nets...filter. This happened and still happens whenever theres profit to be made.We've had the pleasure of sharing content and ideas for all these years,but all this activity caught the corporate (def.of a corporate slave: capable of steal the coin from a dead man eye) atention.

Theres always a was to modify files, even Games like gta4 which needs Internet to start/save getting Cracked and shared. It bethesda wants to Drive this Train, it's OK for me, then I stop buying their games and get them otherwise.

While this is true, without the official CK it would take a lot more time and effort to get quality mods, even if you get them "otherwise". The future of Beth games is looking rather grim indeed.

And to OP's question, I see no reason for me to buy anything off the CC.

Screw it I'll throw it into the hat. A sexy NPC of Todd giving it to all of the NPC's in the game. It'll be call the Todd's Defeat! 

He'll have a quest for each NPC where the only thing they can do to escape is fall under his tool meter. With his extra large schlong. The final quest will be the dragonborn fighting the Todd and making him a companion to love on. 

this is a joke, right?

You'll find apologists will do anything to evangelize, because it's not about value or objectivity, it's about my waifu and how you should like all the things I like and hate all the things I hate.

beta test

Bethesda has been very clear about this part, where they haven't been honest is the amount of raw revenue this generates, and you'll find that no company that follows this model will be.

However: Mass Effect Andromeda exists not because of ME3, but rather the overwhelming amount of money ME3MP generated despite ME3 having the largest AAA title falloff rate for a title until Colonial Marines. Digital Extremes is still in business because Warframe allowed them to exist publisher free until such time as they were bought by Leyou holdings, which is the same company that now owns Splash Damage, a move to offset the volatility of the Asian poultry market, in other words, guaranteed cash sinks designed to offset a saturated market. 

The patent filing recently approved for Activision is almost a decade old model thesis they were going to try with ironically enough Quake Wars Enemy Territory where they could theoretically charge you for the next section of a map or to literally watch an ad. Yes, you read that right, pay to watch a billboard in the game, at the time this was pared down to "ads on billboards with targeted content during the match" which was an actual in game thing, if you actually played the game.

And two years ago much more player targeted system was filed for, which is the recently approved one making the rounds.

In the same vein you'll note this is Bethesda's fourth attempt at aftermarket incentivization, and the reason it stuck now is console penetration level and the average age of dedicated console gamers whom quite simply do not care nor remember having to maintain their own gaming stables, with a similarly high count of players of whom play Bethesda games rather exclusively, which incidentally is the audience Bethesda wants to initially target before making this their standard model for the next iteration of their games, because those are the people that will spearhead monetization for the next set of titles.

You'll find waifu herders at the core of the philosophy and push, because those are the people that will continue to evangelize and get excited over almost any content (predatory or otherwise) matter what, Warframe's new "expansion" is a textbook example, it's basically a giant hub that seed 150 players instead of the 35 they normally do at trade/faction relays with it's own "unique" progression economy. If I go onto most dedicated warframe youtuber channels, I see the word "sequel" and phrase "whole new game" thrown around like candy repeatedly, when it is literally just a very large hub with two new minigames and one "new" enemy type which is a boss version of an existing enemy type, that is dispatched in same exact manner as most warframe shielded phase + body part bosses.

It's no accident Disney is beginning to use the same types of venue marketing in gearing up for their own media channel, because it's working here already, and will likely work for other media too, just in smaller amounts.

One doesn't need cc to buy add-ons, there's steam. Also I hate this add-on like behavior the game industries does. Back the days you bought a game and you got it. Now days you get 6 ducking parts of one game for 100plus bucks. What is this shit? Money milking of course.

Nothing was erased that I know of.  Back on the subject of paid mods though.  I saw an interesting article on the shift in the gaming industry towards in game purchases and things like that and one statistic they quoted just jumped out at me.  "The majority of revenue produced by these games comes from a tiny sliver of users. A 2014 study found that half the in-game purchases for free-to-play games came from 0.15 percent of the player base, and other studies have found similar results." 

Skyrim isn't free, but SE was for a lot of PC users.  If they're really targetting a tiny sliver of the market with the ridiculous prices in CC then maybe the CC makes more sense.  Personally I don't see it but maybe 1% of the console users are all paying $300 or whatever for all the CC content while everyone else spends zero?  I haven't seen anything so far that I would pay for.  I'm not even using Survival mode anymore and that was free.  Link to article below:

http://theweek.com/articles/731592/how-video-game-industry-tricks-players-money

Archived