sse or not to sse that is the question

darkconsole

374 members have voted

1. 1. sse or not to sse

• go oldrim
    • go newrim
    • neither of those are fallout 4

Looking at my "old"rim install, Mod Organizer currently lists a whopping 2272 installed mods across two dozen profiles. I honestly don't know where I'd find the time and energy to even start setting up a Special Edition install.

Am I gonna play/mod SSE? Eventually, sure. But that might be a loooong time away yet.

dude i have like 1500+ ESPs merged 10% of them are my own work for personal use,i would die of old age before i get to set up my sse

besides my oldrim runs smooth at 60 fps where there is no extream load like a huge forest or sth and i never crash even during heavy load

and my oldrim is like 120gbs so i dont see the benefits of moving to sse (besides i alredy tried that and i prefer oldrim cuz it has way more mods many of which will never get ported most likely

the only reason why i would ever even consider sse is if i somehow hit the mod limit,which i still havent with my kinda modding addiciton? goes a long way if u ask me.

I plan on moving over to SSE/FO4 once a working manager w/virtualization is released. So here's to 'volcano' being released with a bang. :D

The only mod manager that can handle the ESL files in SSE and in FO4 right now is Wrye Bash.

And TBH I doubt Tannin will be able to release the new NMM, whatever name it's gonna to have, that's supporting ESL files. 

EDIT:  @OP:  I think SLE is history now, especially after Arthmoor posted this thread and I support him.  Like him, I too have been thinking about move on to SSE for good.

I plan on moving over to SSE/FO4 once a working manager w/virtualization is released. So here's to 'volcano' being released with a bang. :D

The only mod manager that can handle the ESL files in SSE and in FO4 right now is Wrye Bash.

And TBH I doubt Tannin will be able to release the new NMM, whatever name it's gonna to have, that's supporting ESL files. 

What's so special about those files.

If wrye bash works is good news cause it's a fantastic mod manager.

I just looked at the site MataHari linked and saw some posts of Arthmoor saying he won't be maintaining USLEP for long and that was in August, I think soon all support for SKLE will cease. Unless someone else maintains another unofficial patch.

Lack of mods? Lacking basic mods? What?  If you don't wanna move to SSE that is understandable but don't get on this imaginary ban wagon to do so.

it's not imaginary at all, SSE doesn't have HDT support to start with... and the good sex lab mods are still not there either.

SSE lacks a good combat overhaul and enemy overhaul too, however with skse64 taking off that could change soon.

I don't understand why you want to argue about a subjective thing like this(must have mods),  but there you go.

Lack of mods? Lacking basic mods? What?  If you don't wanna move to SSE that is understandable but don't get on this imaginary ban wagon to do so.

it's not imaginary at all, SSE doesn't have HDT support to start with... and the good sex lab mods are still not there either.

SSE lacks a good combat overhaul and enemy overhaul too, however with skse64 taking off that could change soon.

I don't understand why you want to argue about a subjective thing like this(must have mods),  but there you go.

Because its not lacking basic mods lol. As I said. It has Ineed, Ihud, frostfall, skyui(mcm) and more.Half of the Oldrim mods already work with it without converting, and now it has ECE. 

Sexlab is not a basic mod, well maybe here it is, but for a normal modder lol not even close. So other than HDT, SSE is doing a lot better than most are saying. 

Unless someone else maintains another unofficial patch.

the version i use is no longer supported since a few years

171003053459807476.jpg

doubt it's a huge problem i don't have

• Ebony Blade can no longer be tempered at a grindstone due to clear indications found in game data that specifically states it cannot be heated in a forge etc.
  • Edits to the Magelight spell and effect that were done to try and fix it not working with the Stability perk have been reverted since the changes weren't actually working despite having seemed so in the past.

what are those clear indications he talk about?

and the ebony warhammer? that one can be heat without problem?

Script Fixes

• MS08InteriorBaseTriggerScript: Script should not trigger itself if the player has already talked to or killed Kematu. (Bug #22354)
  • FXDragonBloodDamageScript: Eliminated error spam and possibly stack dumps generated by this script. It has been rewritten by Taka2nd and used with permission. (Bug #13547)

it's the same crap with all onhit(), and mods add new ones

why not add a npchealth < x (it can be the global value of a mcm menu) in the conditions of the spell or quest or whatever?

there's no need to load those onhit() before they can do something

and for those onhit() to not crush fps with damage over time aoe spells

bool allow = true

onhit()

if allow == true

allow = false

the script stuff

wait(2)

allow=true

endif

Hydro'sSMP-physics, UUNP (so easy to make HighPoly), Racemenu, Bodygen and huge mod selection and so much stuff setup already in oldrim >>>>> 64 bit game stability.

Thanks for making this poll though.  Interesting POVs. 

Wonder where we'll be at with it in 12months.

Up to you what you want to do shy.gif , but those of us who plan to stick with Oldrim - just too much of a reboot given the number of all source mods in constant use - would miss your flair, and the idea that Display Model might not progress any further might even make some of us shed a tear. sad.png

Sexlab is not a basic mod, well maybe here it is, but for a normal modder lol not even close. So other than HDT, SSE is doing a lot better than most are saying. 

For sure, if I played skyrim just for gameplay/quest mods I wouldn't even think twice before switching to SSE.

If you are playing for gamepaly you might want to try a game that is actually good.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Admonition_Against_Ebony

but i tend to "un-patch" stuff like that myself because i like my weapons to be usable.

in films, the guy that hit a sword with his hammer for no reason, that's because that stuff was done when the shape was deformed because of a shield or whatever

he don't melt the sword, he heat it to be able to make that part flat again by hitting it with his hammer

there's no need to melt that ebony sword to temper it

it's just messing with stuff for the sake of messing with stuff

that doesn't matter much anyway since his edits lose all conflicts with your load order so you lose a lot of them

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Admonition_Against_Ebony

but i tend to "un-patch" stuff like that myself because i like my weapons to be usable.

in films, the guy that hit a sword with his hammer for no reason, that's because that stuff was done when the shape was deformed because of a shield or whatever

he don't melt the sword, he heat it to be able to make that part flat again by hitting it with his hammer

there's no need to melt that ebony sword to temper it

it's just messing with stuff for the sake of messing with stuff

that doesn't matter much anyway since his edits lose all conflicts with your load order so you lose a lot of them

Pretty sure some lore freak reported that and some other ones coerced him into implementing that.

EDIT: Meantime that fucking parrot near riverwood bridge was only patched recently

Pretty sure some lore freak reported that and some other ones coerced him into implementing that.

there's bigger problems to take care of

171003060134267416.jpg

all those penitus have the same head, encpenitus00template

171003060138939248.jpg

it suck to have clones

open your save with savegamecleaner, and go to updateoffset

there should be stuff to take care of there

dlc1serena that is update every 10 seconds, scripts when you become thane or something with towns, some lights that got turn on when you were in that cell, the script that handle the things that fly around you in the crypt south of winterhold where you get crown of don't remember, some civil war stuff even if the war is over...

it's useless to keep some of those scripts active

there's bigger problems to take care of

171003060134267416.jpg

all those penitus have the same head, encpenitus00template

171003060138939248.jpg

it suck to have clones

open your save with savegamecleaner, and go to updateoffset

there should be stuff to take care of there

dlc1serena that is update every 10 seconds, scripts when you become thane or something with towns, some lights that got turn on when you were in that cell, the script that handle the things that fly around you in the crypt south of winterhold where you get crown of don't remember, some civil war stuff even if the war is over...

it's useless to keep some of those scripts active

Someone should patch that. Arthmoor said SKLE should "go the the wolves" I hope someone continues with a patch for LE.

Someone should patch that. Arthmoor said SKLE should "go the the wolves" I hope someone continues with a patch for LE.

for now it's his superior sse that is eaten by the wolves

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/76262-show-your-skyrim-counterpart-iii/page-64

vs

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/68872-sse-screenshots-and-character-shots/page-20

not much pages the sse topic

not much of those precious +1 either

nobody go there to look at those "superior" screenshots^^?

well... switching to sse, it's a lot of problems, just to not ctd at 4gb if you don't use enb (that's about it, they didn't made a list with the differences between skyrim and sse?)

Someone should patch that.

here's more work for arthmoor

171003110843529538.jpg

registerforupdate(5), and.... when does that thing is turn off? never?

it keep doing that stuff every 5 seconds forever?

Function Fragment_6()

Alias_Vampire.GetReference().Delete()

Alias_Jarl.UNRegisterForUpdate()   ;death to the script too

CompleteAllObjectives()

DLC1Radiant.GiveQuestReward(ChanceForBloodPotion = 0)

DLC1Radiant.StopQuestAndStartNewOneHunter(self)   ;THIS WILL CALL STOP() ON THIS QUEST; if that was true the script would spam the papyrus log about a quest alias it can't find

EndFunction

the edited script won't replace the one of your save unless you delete it from the save

delete at your own risks

171003113329724712.jpg

everytime you get hit by an arrow, that thing check if you are the riekling chief, to maybe spawn some rieklings backup

even if you in helgen and haven't heard of solstheim yet

17100311332310812.jpg

that quest shouldn't start if you aren't the riekling king

caravanleaderscript suck too if someone want to rewrite that crap

Right now Oldrim has more to offer than Newrim, despite being less forgiving when it comes to stability.   However if and when SKSE64 gets going and all the Sexlab stuff gets ported over to SSE, all bets are off as far as I'm concerned as Newrim has the potential to be even better if all that goes through. 

I'm planning on locking Creation Club out of my SSE game by any means though.  That shit is cancer. 

Archived