Major Site Upgrade Coming - November 5th, 2017

One thing about the last update attempt I really hated was the inability to remove old notifications from my list. Things quickly began to clutter up and it was hard to tell what was new and what was old after a while. Otherwise here's hoping things go well this time!

There is kind of no pleasing people here. If I remove all old notifications during the upgrade, I can guarantee somebody will complain about losing their old notifications. However! when the upgrade happens, message me about this and I can manually wipe out your old notifications for you.

By default, they will remain. Just message me afterward and I'll look into manually wiping yours out if that's what you'd prefer. 

Actually the current setup works well for me since I can choose which notifications to keep and which to delete by ticking a box.

One thing about the last update attempt I really hated was the inability to remove old notifications from my list. Things quickly began to clutter up and it was hard to tell what was new and what was old after a while. Otherwise here's hoping things go well this time!

There is kind of no pleasing people here. If I remove all old notifications during the upgrade, I can guarantee somebody will complain about losing their old notifications. However! when the upgrade happens, message me about this and I can manually wipe out your old notifications for you.

By default, they will remain. Just message me afterward and I'll look into manually wiping yours out if that's what you'd prefer. 

Actually the current setup works well for me since I can choose which notifications to keep and which to delete by ticking a box.

That would be my ideal too.

I mean, I'll get used to whatever, eventually, but since you're happy to hear suggestions...  :D

How will mod searching be affected? as i recall from the last attempt you had to do some sort of hack to make it so we could search as we do now (select game, select newest - easy to see if anything new/something you already use has been updated)

it WILL WORK

Ashal can rebuild the site. He has the technology. He has the capability to make the world's foremost adult modding site. Loverslab will be that site. Better than it was before. Better... stronger... faster.

he is the 6 million dollar man

How will mod searching be affected? as i recall from the last attempt you had to do some sort of hack to make it so we could search as we do now (select game, select newest - easy to see if anything new/something you already use has been updated)

Any hacks I made last time I've kept copies of and intend to reuse them if still necessary.

Will we have the ability to edit comments in "source code" view? (first button on the toolbar when you write comments, next to remove format button)

Sadly, this has been completely removed in IPB4, and there's not much I can do about it. I'll do whatever I can to alleviate it however, such as if there are any plugins that add the functionality back or enabling the html view for all.

By any chance, will the new site have a higher cap on members you can add to a private message?

why would you need more than 50 people in a pm?

(Contributors can have up to 50 people in a PM)

I have a beta testing PM, and it has 50 people in it already, and I've gotten a request from someone else to be added, which I had to turn down. :(