Skarrds Panty & Bra & Garter belts (Minor Update Nov 9th 2023)

1 hour ago, skarrd said:

Thanks for the pic. So the undies are making the hands reposition themselves? And it's not caused by height sliders or anything like that? Does anyone know how to fix this?

1) Yes, exactly. I use sliders, but sure it`s nothing to do with them. As I told, the rest five bottoms of your 4.0 cc pack don`t have such a glitch, but older ones do. 2) According to my experience, it is quite widespread issue with some bottom cc like pants, shorts, underwear, skirts, and fullbody. Sometimes all the stuff of a particular creator have this (simplesimmer, f. e.).  Google gave me no useful answers what a hell is this and how to sort it out...

Hello all,

I am a total beginner with Fallout 4, Steam version, and would love to install this mod ??. I've been searching the forum, but can't find a installation manual or how to install the files. Is there a tutorial somewhere for beginners?

Thanks for your help in advance...

Cheers Steve

1 hour ago, skarrd said:

So the undies are making the hands reposition themselves? And it's not caused by height sliders or anything like that? Does anyone know how to fix this?

I never saw this, probably because I use stand still in CAS mod. Now I tried to remove it and saw the issue too after that (I don't use height sliders). Very strange thing. I have no idea what can be the reason of this and don't have other thoughts except to try to recreate the problem packages anew (XML editing will be required in this case since new packages will have different CAS part IDs). As far as I saw there are 2 panties that cause the issue Skarrds_Panties_02 and Skarrds_Panties_12. The issue is clearly visible on fat sims, so you can easily test all of the underwear yourself by changing panties in CAS.

By the way, this problem is still here, did you forget to fix it?

15 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

I never saw this, probably because I use stand still in CAS mod. Now I tried to remove it and saw the issue too after that (I don't use height sliders). Very strange thing. I have no idea what can be the reason of this and don't have other thoughts except try to recreate the problem packages anew (XML editing will be required in this case since new packages will have different CAS part IDs). As far as I saw there are 2 panties that cause the issue Skarrds_Panties_02 and Skarrds_Panties_12.

I really doubt I'd be in to redoing all the XML's. God damn. Also, I did go to check on a few of my sims in CAS after the report and it wasn't happening to my sim. SHe's not fat though

15 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

By the way, this problem is still here, did you forget to fix it?

I did. I followed the procedure and it ran. Fixed a bunch of issues (most of which were in packages that were not mine) Right before I uploaded the newest file, I ran it again and it simply said "nothing to fix" so I figured we were good. The only thing that I do after that is merge them in to the file. (which I don't check because my game has them separated in to sets still.)

22 minutes ago, Scout59 said:

Hello all,

I am a total beginner with Fallout 4, Steam version, and would love to install this mod ??. I've been searching the forum, but can't find a installation manual or how to install the files. Is there a tutorial somewhere for beginners?

Thanks for your help in advance...

Cheers Steve

Hey, you are in the wrong section completely for fallout 4. This is the sims 4 section. So you'll want to navigate to the right section first. Cheers

33 minutes ago, skarrd said:

I really doubt I'd be in to redoing all the XML's. God damn. Also, I did go to check on a few of my sims in CAS after the report and it wasn't happening to my sim. SHe's not fat though

Well, make her fat and you should see this.

33 minutes ago, skarrd said:

I did. I followed the procedure and it ran. Fixed a bunch of issues (most of which were in packages that were not mine) Right before I uploaded the newest file, I ran it again and it simply said "nothing to fix" so I figured we were good. The only thing that I do after that is merge them in to the file. (which I don't check because my game has them separated in to sets still.)

Strange. I have just redownloaded the merged package and S4S fixes it:

Spoiler

1.jpg

I noticed one more thing and have a suggestion. It seems your underwear is not allowed for random. This means it doesn't take part in random outfit generation in CAS and sims can get it only if applied manually.

Could you allow it for random? It's easy to do:

Spoiler

11.jpg

Also if you want the underwear to be allowed for the random outfit generation in the live mode (while the game generates new NPCs), "AllowForLiveRandom" must be checked in Warehouse tab for each CAS part:

Spoiler

22.jpg

48 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

Well, make her fat and you should see this.

Strange. I have just redownloaded the merged package and S4S fixes it:

Reveal hidden contents

1.jpg

I noticed one more thing and have a suggestion. It seems your underwear is not allowed for random. This means it doesn't take part in random outfit generation in CAS and sims can get it only if applied manually.

Could you allow it for random? It's easy to do:

Reveal hidden contents

11.jpg

Also if you want the underwear to be allowed for the random outfit generation in the live mode (while the game generates new NPCs), "AllowForLiveRandom" must be checked in Warehouse tab for each CAS part:

Reveal hidden contents

22.jpg

Sure I can make them random. I think I clicked it off intentionally because with it on it seemed like random sims on the street would suddenly be only wearing a bra instead of a shirt. (or panties instead of pants) I figured it was safer with it off.

19 minutes ago, skarrd said:

Sure I can make them random. I think I clicked it off intentionally because with it on it seemed like random sims on the street would suddenly be only wearing a bra instead of a shirt. (or panties instead of pants) I figured it was safer with it off.

No, underwear won't be included in inappropriate outfits since you tagged it correctly (only as a sleepwear):

Spoiler

11.jpg

So don't worry about this.

17 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

While I edited new version to allow underwear for random, I noticed that there are only 11 XML files instead of 12 as I expected, "set_11" XML is missing. Is this correct?

The underwear was already edited for random and no there should be 12 XML's. I just can't seem to get one upload right. lmao

20 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

While I edited new version to allow underwear for random, I noticed that there are only 11 XML files instead of 12 as I expected, "set_11" XML is missing. Is this correct?

So.. after a quick check, I don't think "merging files" is as safe as it seems. May have to rethink how I'll release these.

17 minutes ago, skarrd said:

@wild_guy so the individual packages have all been edited correctly. (with random, restrict opposite gender, etc) and it was lost with the merge.

That's strange, I never had such issue after merging packages. What I did right now is: unmerged your new version, edited all packages to allow underwear for ramdom and live random, merged them again and added XMLs (exported earlier) back to the merged package using S4PE. All changes I made are ok, nothing has been lost after merging:

Spoiler

1.jpg

1 hour ago, wild_guy said:

That's strange, I never had such issue after merging packages. What I did right now is: unmerged your new version, edited all packages to allow underwear for ramdom and live random, merged them again and added XMLs (exported earlier) back to the merged package using S4PE. All changes I made are ok, nothing has been lost after merging:

Hide contents

1.jpg

So it seems that when I merge AND save/replace a file a loss of data can happen. I think this because I merged a file and saved it under a new name. All the data was still fine in that merged package. But when I merged and replaced/saved it there is a loss. 3 times in a row.

2 hours ago, skarrd said:

So it seems that when I merge AND save/replace a file a loss of data can happen. I think this because I merged a file and saved it under a new name. All the data was still fine in that merged package. But when I merged and replaced/saved it there is a loss. 3 times in a row.

Yeah, I have just remebered that I had the issues when I was pointing the previous merged package while merging (when I was trying to replace it). You just need to always merge in a new package, don't replace the old one. In fact you already can remove the old merged file if you're going to edit your individual packages because you won't need it anymore.

22 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

Yeah, I have just remebered that I had the issues when I was pointing the previous merged package while merging (when I was trying to replace it). You just need to always merge in a new package, don't replace the old one. In fact you already can remove the old merged file if you're going to edit your individual packages because you won't need it anymore.

Already done. New file uploaded a bit ago. Thank you again for letting me know of the issues in the first place. (I wouldn't have known) And thanks for all the help. Stay tuned, more on the way.

2 hours ago, alexbsh32rus said:

Have you tested them for the glitch mentioned above? Usually i do it myself but currently i have no pc available, that's why I ask. 

I did. Unfortunately there are 3 in total with the glitch. (the blue panties in the pic has it) There was 4 but I was able to fix one before I did all the XML work to make them randomly show up under sims clothes. I figure the easiest solution would be to remake the three... call it "the chubby fix" and have them available. But these wouldn't randomly show up under clothes. They would be just like normal clothing. I also did a test where one "glitch" showed up after a merge. Still not sure of the cause.

4 hours ago, skarrd said:

Yeah I noticed that too. Don't know why s4s did that.

I don't know. I think you just need to find those swatches and clear the thumbnails for them (and save the package of course).

Spoiler

22.jpg

I also saw this panties allowed for hot and cold weather outfits, this probably should not be so

Spoiler

11.jpg

On 2/20/2020 at 6:09 PM, skarrd said:

I did. Unfortunately there are 3 in total with the glitch. (the blue panties in the pic has it) There was 4 but I was able to fix one before I did all the XML work to make them randomly show up under sims clothes. I figure the easiest solution would be to remake the three... call it "the chubby fix" and have them available. But these wouldn't randomly show up under clothes. They would be just like normal clothing. I also did a test where one "glitch" showed up after a merge. Still not sure of the cause.

I've just disassembled the pack and rejected the glitchy ones, as usual. Btw, wcif your garters? As far as i see, they aren't available anymore... 

2 hours ago, alexbsh32rus said:

Btw, wcif your garters? As far as i see, they aren't available anymore... 

Yes the garters are temporarily done while they get sorted. I wanted to eliminate confusion between new and old files. All the "Skarrds_Brassiers_0-23" and "Skarrds_Panties_0-23" are the only files that should be deleted. The old garters can remain.