SKSE64 2.0.0 alpha released

znaroks

I'm a bit confused and have not read all posts, do vanilla Skyrim mods like HDT now work in Skyrim SE with the new SKSE?

At this point HDT physics are not working, as far as I know. But a lot of other mods do or could be fixed easily. 

This sounds awesome! 

I like to play Skyrim SE because it runs much smoother. (and faster) 

And I want to focus on the SE with my next mod(s).  

• 5 weeks later...

is sexlab framework works with skse64??

No.

PapyrusUtil has partially been ported.

So you need to wait more.

But you can use Skyrim Light SE, that works with SSE.

• 4 weeks later...

What is the timeframe we are talking about here when can we expect to see releases of Sexlab, Devious Devices and all the other stuff?

Im just wondering when the Script Extender is out of Alpha State what is the estimated time it still needs to get devoloped i know just wondering if it is one year or two years from now.

What you guys think?

Sorry i know my english is horrible. :D

There's probably a few bug still left in SKSE64 but overall it's been rock solid for me.  I've been using it since it was first released with no crashes other than known issues that have been fixed.  Some of the SKSE extensions have not been converted yet and that's the main thing holding up conversions of some of the more SKSE dependent mods like Sexlab. 

Basically anything that requires SKSE64 but no additional DLL extensions should work fine but anything that requires additional plugins you'll have to check to see if they've been updated yet.  Some of them are definitely being worked on.  For others it's tough to say if the original author hasn't responded/updated the Oldrim version to say they're working on a conversion.  For instance the plugins that Racemenu depend on are definitely being worked on, but I have no idea if anyone is working on Jcontainers which is also a requirement for a lot of mods.

Yeah, CBP is broken right now. It doesn't work. We just got Papyrusutil updated. Good stuff. Hopefully we can get it within a day or two. Crossing fingers polyonhell has some free time to update it. Having no jiggles is frustrating. haha But the wait is always worth it. To bad there isn't system we could just simply update it ourselves. 

The big question is how long before Bethesda quits deliberately breaking SKSE64 and FOSE?  Every time a new version comes out, shortly afterwards a Creation Club update comes out that breaks them and makes mods dependent upon them useless until there's a new update.

I'm at the point of debating switching my Dawnguard Sentries mod from SKSE for the MCM options to magic spell or activator based menus.  :(

23 hours ago, Shadowhawk827 said:

The big question is how long before Bethesda quits deliberately breaking SKSE64 and FOSE?  Every time a new version comes out, shortly afterwards a Creation Club update comes out that breaks them and makes mods dependent upon them useless until there's a new update.

I'm at the point of debating switching my Dawnguard Sentries mod from SKSE for the MCM options to magic spell or activator based menus.  :(

OR just turn off updates. Not to complicated. It's actually pretty easy.

2 hours ago, McLude said:

Maybe it's just me but I cannot "turn off" updates on Steam. The drop down menu doesn't function. There is the workaround about changing times but I don't know if it really works.

You go to Steam updates in properties and make sure it only updates when you load the start menu. This way steam doesn't update it automatically. Just load the game through the SKSE64 exe and your good. 

On 12/5/2017 at 10:57 PM, DykkenTomb said:

You go to Steam updates in properties and make sure it only updates when you load the start menu. This way steam doesn't update it automatically. Just load the game through the SKSE64 exe and your good. 

If you mean game properties, I just posted that it doesn't work. Also, starting the game through skse64, starts Steam if it isn't already and will update the game if you aren't in offline mode.

Bethesda said that the October patch would remove the requirement of updating the runtime (and breaking SKSE/F4SE and every mod dependent on them) every time they add another item set to Creation Crap, but the November update did it again anyway. With any luck they actually managed to do it this time, time will tell.

Archived