SKSE64 2.0.0 alpha released

znaroks

2.0.0  > 2.0.1 > now 2.0.2.  I have high hopes, at this rate with a bit of luck we gonna get beta faster then we could anticipate.

Mind if this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLuCnj3abiM ) is an indication that the creation club for Skyrim is imminent then the SKSE64 developers are going to be testing/developing against a moving target - which wouldn't be very fun, (if it's that fun at all). I personally have my Skyrim SE build just about right at the moment with some minimal SKSE64 stuff, so have just disabled Steam updates for it until such times to see how it pans out.

Or just create an autoback up of your exe files until SKSE team is able to update their files.

So, how do I disable steam's ability to auto update skyrim se? Because that seems like it'd be a problem too.

I just followed someone else's suggestion, (which has worked for my FO4 install), of updating the manifest.

i.e.

Open "<X>:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\appmanifest_489830.acf"

Change the line "StateFlags"  "(wotever the current number is)" to "StateFlags"  "4"

Save file

Then change the file to read only.

Note:-

<X> is what ever the directory path is upto the SteamLibrary.

I assume that "appmanifest_489830.acf" is the same for everyone, but if in doubt when you open the file it will say ""name"  "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition"" at the top.

2.0.0  > 2.0.1 > now 2.0.2.  I have high hopes, at this rate with a bit of luck we gonna get beta faster then we could anticipate.

Mind if this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLuCnj3abiM ) is an indication that the creation club for Skyrim is imminent then the SKSE64 developers are going to be testing/developing against a moving target - which wouldn't be very fun, (if it's that fun at all). I personally have my Skyrim SE build just about right at the moment with some minimal SKSE64 stuff, so have just disabled Steam updates for it until such times to see how it pans out.

Personally i'm not the slightest worried about creation club, the gain of SKSE64 over creation club cant even be compared. 

And from what i see, SKSE64 build is at 2.0.3, which make altogether more confident in its developers.

Personally i'm not the slightest worried about creation club, the gain of SKSE64 over creation club cant even be compared. 

And from what i see, SKSE64 build is at 2.0.3, which make altogether more confident in its developers.

Sweet an update. Do I only change the scripts or should I also change the executable and other files? Also, does anyone know what the changed about this one?

Sweet an update. Do I only change the scripts or should I also change the executable and other files? Also, does anyone know what the changed about this one?

If you look it's for the beta of the next Skyrim.exe, (runtime 1.5.3 beta), not the current Skyrim.exe, (runtime 1.4.2). So probably not a good idea using it unless you are using a beta of the new CC skyrim.

I think what he was trying to say is that everytime CC updates its content, the game will update itself and screw up SKSE64, the SKSE team then have to patch it, which make having a stable build quite difficult. The same thing is happening with FO4 I think.

On the subject of SKSE vs CC stability I just tried Survival mode with v 2.04 of SKSE64 and it works fine.  The only issues I ran into is that if SKYUI is installed the game crashes (I'm guessing this is because Survival mode is more like a game setting than a mod, it's enabled in Settings -> Gameplay).  Food didn't work either but that's because USSEP hasn't been updated yet (Arthmoor already confirmed and has a patch for it, he's currently blocking the new keywords or something).

Survival mode doesn't actually show up as a mod anywhere.  It's not in my mod list at all, it's only under Settings -> Gameplay with a checkbox to enable or disable it.  It also gives you a popup menu when you start the game to enable it or leave it disabled.  I suspect future additions from the CC may be less disruptive now that the interface is already there but I'm just guessing on that.

On the subject of SKSE vs CC stability I just tried Survival mode with v 2.04 of SKSE64 and it works fine.  The only issues I ran into is that if SKYUI is installed the game crashes (I'm guessing this is because Survival mode is more like a game setting than a mod, it's enabled in Settings -> Gameplay).  Food didn't work either but that's because USSEP hasn't been updated yet (Arthmoor already confirmed and has a patch for it, he's currently blocking the new keywords or something).

Survival mode doesn't actually show up as a mod anywhere.  It's not in my mod list at all, it's only under Settings -> Gameplay with a checkbox to enable or disable it.  It also gives you a popup menu when you start the game to enable it or leave it disabled.  I suspect future additions from the CC may be less disruptive now that the interface is already there but I'm just guessing on that.

SkyUI is crashing because this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12175/? wasn't converted for CC

SkyUI is crashing because this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12175/? wasn't converted for CC

I tried it without that mod and it still crashes.  Was thinking maybe if I didn't go into settings I'd be ok.  Interestingly enough the Alternate Start prison cell loaded up fine and I was able to create my character and wait for all my mods to finish loading without any issues.  The enable Survival mode popup doens't happen til after you exit the prison cell and that's when the game crashes.

I tried it without that mod and it still crashes.  Was thinking maybe if I didn't go into settings I'd be ok.  Interestingly enough the Alternate Start prison cell loaded up fine and I was able to create my character and wait for all my mods to finish loading without any issues.  The enable Survival mode popup doens't happen til after you exit the prison cell and that's when the game crashes.

For me it was also ECE that crashed the game. It seems like CC changed more than meets the eye.

For me it was also ECE that crashed the game. It seems like CC changed more than meets the eye.

Strange.  I use ECE as well and was still able to create my character, not that it matters since it crashes as soon as I leave the prison cell...  I'll just wait for USSEP and SKYUI official release to try and combine them.  I may not be able to test anything else in SKSE til then since I did enable the beta/survival mode.  That's ok though, I have a profile that doesn't include any SKSE stuff that I can play for awhile. 

I forget if the crash happened before or after the survival mode popup.  I may try again with all my SKSE stuff enabled and see if I can get past there if I leave survival mode disabled.

Strange.  I use ECE as well and was still able to create my character, not that it matters since it crashes as soon as I leave the prison cell...  I'll just wait for USSEP and SKYUI official release to try and combine them.  I may not be able to test anything else in SKSE til then since I did enable the beta/survival mode.  That's ok though, I have a profile that doesn't include any SKSE stuff that I can play for awhile. 

I forget if the crash happened before or after the survival mode popup.  I may try again with all my SKSE stuff enabled and see if I can get past there if I leave survival mode disabled.

The whole behaviour of Skyrim SE seems a bit strange... In some cases running FNIS get me stucked in a T-Pose....

I have never played Oldrim, so I don't know if it is expected behavior for SKSE(64) or not.

For some reason I have a lot of orphaned saves with *.skse extension in my save folder.

Is it problem with skse64, SkyUI or something else?

Thanks

attachicon.gifSKSESaves.JPG

No there's not a problem.  Those are called co-saves and are part of SKSE.  They store SKSE-specific data because it would be difficult or impossible to store that information inside the main savegame files. There's nothing to be worried about.

I have never played Oldrim, so I don't know if it is expected behavior for SKSE(64) or not.

For some reason I have a lot of orphaned saves with *.skse extension in my save folder.

Is it problem with skse64, SkyUI or something else?

Thanks

attachicon.gifSKSESaves.JPG

No there's not a problem.  Those are called co-saves and are part of SKSE.  They store SKSE-specific data because it would be difficult or impossible to store that information inside the main savegame files. There's nothing to be worried about.

Thanks.

What I meant to say, is that co-saves are becoming orphaned.

If you look at the picture (files are sorted by Date), right at the top there are 2 "Quicksave0*" files - one is main .ESS save and another is .SKSE co-save.

Right below, there is orphaned co-save with the same name but saved one minute before - during previous quicksave.

It seems that game overrides older Quicksave and Autosave* with new files for the same character, but SKSE doesn't override old co-saves, but just creates new ones.

Archived