Dwarven Cyborg Collection & -Biological Automaton Framework-

Hm. I'm afraid I might have to kick the problem back over to you, Holzfrau. Took my own advice and tried recreating the error with both the DCC and Dwarven Augmentation iterations of the body. Only had time to try it on the DCC one last night, and figured that there shouldn't be any difference between the two. But when I revisited it a few minutes ago, while the DCC copy continued to work as expected...

5aa7bde72d643_ScreenShot03-13-18at07_47AM.thumb.jpg.03a88e68ac112bab42aaacc583ab2f4f.jpg

...the Augmentation copy produced the same kind of mesh doubling that yurik was experiencing. 

5aa7bdf13b0aa_ScreenShot03-13-18at07_49AM.thumb.jpg.60b87dad74582bc778b223cc0178e338.jpg5aa7be160d39f_ScreenShot03-13-18at07.50AM002.thumb.jpg.7822f07d6eefda0a114355aa3e73a3a6.jpg

(M-m-m-multiboob)

Found the same thing here:

10 hours ago, Holzfrau said:

Neither the 0 or 1 .nifs have texture issues, and there are no extra NiTriShape nodes.  I have attached the body meshes used in my screenshots so you can take a look for yourself.  The issue won't always happen right off the bat in game, but moving the body weight slider around at 0.20 or less should trigger it pretty quick.

c_1.7z

Slapped your files in place of mine for the base Bladed, then grabbed it out of the DCC. Opened Racemenu with it on and messed around with the weight slider, saw no abnormalities. 

5aa7be294eb6e_ScreenShot03-13-18at07_54AM.thumb.jpg.068d26cc1e1a2bff24e9b920894eb103.jpg

Left the weight at 0 when I exited out of Racemenu, then used Augment to equip the same body, and right away it mis-pathed the texture in the exact same way you were experiencing:

5aa7be42787b6_ScreenShot03-13-18at07_55AM.thumb.jpg.7be3bd4e327a15378f1e4d759b7e710b.jpg

It's clearly pointing to the foot texture, although why it would be doing that I haven't a clue. 

I wasn't able to reproduce that clip-through you experienced when changing the weights, though. It just flickered through the normal and mis-pathed textures at random, before giving up and losing the tint...

5aa7be52e3829_ScreenShot03-13-18at07_56AM.thumb.jpg.7fef66929e98e3119f13c5f9c5c07bac.jpg

...and then vanishing the body entirely before crashing. But that last part seems to be a result of changing the weight too fast for Skyrim's shitty memory handling, given that I've run into it elsewhere. 

But it seems that the glitch has to be somewhere on your end. I don't know enough about how you implemented things to make any suggestions about where it could be, though. And it's worth asking that you try testing the DCC and Augment copies side by side like this, as well; I wouldn't expect my using the original, non-compressed and reconstituted files to change anything, but again, this is Skyrim. Let me know if you find anything. 

9 hours ago, HermausMoron said:

Cross-posted from Dwarven Augmentation:

Idea: One of the first mods I remember downloading for Skyrim was the Dwemer Buster:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8649

Would it be possible to integrate similar arm cannons into this framework? Or that taser dagger we discussed before as some sort of claw?

Edit: Had an idea for DD integration, at least with regard to cuffs and/or armbinders: either hooking the limbs against each other (may require hooked limb variants) or welding the arms together behind one's back.

Also, decorative (ie unarmed) bondage/pony play hooves (vis: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2819-the-duders-grab-bag-of-fetish-items/ ). Speaking of pony play, why not add mechanical horse heads to the head replacers? LOL Hell, why not add the heads of all the constructs in this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30396

And now I'm thinking about Devious Dwarven Cuirass, City Bondage, DCL, Amputation Framework, Dwarven Augmentation, and trying to integrate them all...

I'm a bit leery on using guns and blasters, personally. I know there's a lot of Dwarven gun mods out there, but they always felt a bit too out of place to me, says the guy who's spent months integrating all the cyborg mods.

Doing some kind of replacement weapon-hand like that is certainly possible, though, but I don't have any specific plans yet.

DD integration, from what I understand, is mainly a matter of making DD a master for the .esp file and slapping in a bunch of keywords to the armor entries to hook into its effects. So it's certainly possible for someone to do. But the few times I've tried to do it in personal mods didn't go well, so I'm not super-keen on doing it myself. If anyone else wants to, have at it.

Pony-themed parts are of some interest, although I'm not super-keen on the big rubbery ones like that. Mechanicals has been on my radar for source parts for a while, though. Got a few things that've been at the back of my mind while I got the bodies done that I might get around to trying... 

1 hour ago, AVS said:

Hm. I'm afraid I might have to kick the problem back over to you, Holzfrau. Took my own advice and tried recreating the error with both the DCC and Dwarven Augmentation iterations of the body. Only had time to try it on the DCC one last night, and figured that there shouldn't be any difference between the two. But when I revisited it a few minutes ago, while the DCC copy continued to work as expected...

Okay, I've looked into it more closely, and you're right.  The error is mine.  The issue is being caused because I have more than just the BODY slot tagged in the ArmorAddon.  I apologize for making you do most of the legwork on this for me.  This issue was unlike anything I'd ever seen, and I make the "mistake" of tagging additional slots in ArmorAddons all the time when I pull outside assets into my personal mods.

2 hours ago, Holzfrau said:

Okay, I've looked into it more closely, and you're right.  The error is mine.  The issue is being caused because I have more than just the BODY slot tagged in the ArmorAddon.  I apologize for making you do most of the legwork on this for me.  This issue was unlike anything I'd ever seen, and I make the "mistake" of tagging additional slots in ArmorAddons all the time when I pull outside assets into my personal mods.

Huh. Yeah, that's bizarre. I mean, the Armor/ArmorAddon dual slot flagging thing often has some annoying quirks- it took me forever to figure out that you needed slot 41 marked on both to get unwanted helmet hair to actually stop showing up on headgear, for instance, and even then it's a bit of a crapshot- but I have no idea how it could start spawning malformed duplicates like that. Last thing I would've thought of, but at least it was an easy fix. 

5aaaea4fb3dd5_ScreenShot03-14-18at08.03PM001.thumb.jpg.8a7090a3c5345766b9fe5d86b89e246e.jpg

Halfbutts

Version 2.4 live, completing the Variable Limb sets! Relatively painless process, this time. 

Let me know if you run into anything weird (besides some of the ground models being funky, I already know entirely too much about that), and please, post screenshots if you've got them! It's very reassuring to see if this stuff's working right on other peoples' systems.

On 3/13/2018 at 9:34 AM, AVS said:

I'm a bit leery on using guns and blasters, personally. I know there's a lot of Dwarven gun mods out there, but they always felt a bit too out of place to me, says the guy who's spent months integrating all the cyborg mods.

Doing some kind of replacement weapon-hand like that is certainly possible, though, but I don't have any specific plans yet.

DD integration, from what I understand, is mainly a matter of making DD a master for the .esp file and slapping in a bunch of keywords to the armor entries to hook into its effects. So it's certainly possible for someone to do. But the few times I've tried to do it in personal mods didn't go well, so I'm not super-keen on doing it myself. If anyone else wants to, have at it.

Pony-themed parts are of some interest, although I'm not super-keen on the big rubbery ones like that. Mechanicals has been on my radar for source parts for a while, though. Got a few things that've been at the back of my mind while I got the bodies done that I might get around to trying... 

They just strike me as following some sort of staff or casting mechanic. Perhaps they could rob the augmented of standard dexterity but allow for casting (with possible bonuses).

Yeah, sadly I really don't have a head for programming at all. Though if anyone would have an inkling of how this would work, I suspect Kimy of DCL would know.

LOL Well obviously they wouldn't be made using the materials in that mod, we're talking Dwemer constructs. I was thinking more in terms of Dwemer prostheses with similar appearances and functionality.

Had another could ideas earlier today:

Limb grafts: We've already got a number of amusing head variants. Why not extrapolate that in more gratuitous directions, in the form of grafting on bodyparts of certain creatures in arm, leg, and/or body slots? The first that come to mind are those of spriggans and atronachs (meshes, particle effects, and potential footlessness/hovering only), and possibly the tail legs observed in the F.E.M.A.L.E. mermaids/serpent women and Tsaeshi mods. Other humanoid creatures (skeletons, draugr, falmer, lurker, keeper, troll, gilded) seem like they would integrate fairly smoothly. Other creatures (horse, dog, wolf, deer) provide less functional options save for crippled limbs, though chaurus limb replacements strike me as an amusing way to force players/npcs to crawl, and the use of horse arms and legs strikes me as an opportunity to "make your own mount." Some limbs seem like they could be used effectively for melee combat (mudcrab pincer, spider claw, chaurus hunter claws, bear arms), but little else. And I am positively tickled with the idea I had just now to replace one or more arms with mammoth trunks.

Wheels/casters: We've already discussed and pretty much ruled out the possibility of dwarven sphere legs. But what about replacing the feet of the humanoid template with luminous metal spheres, wheels (I'm thinking similar to that seen on Nezha in Chinese mythology), or something like the casters one might find on an office chair?

On a sadder note, I have another asset that seems ideal for integration, but which we probably couldn't add. Specifically, I have another, older dwarven cyborg mod in my personal mod collection that includes Assassin's Creed style hidden blades and fully animated arm-mounted shields that open up like the petals of a flower. Unfortunately, since I last check for an update, it would appear that the mod author had a falling out with the Skyrim modding community and threw a tantrum on the way out, locking all of his files on the Nexus and denying use or redistribution of his mod.

Will have to check your update later, looking forward to it.

Edit: Had another idea related to stump caps. You know those soul gem settings that are so gratuitously festooned on the Devious Dwarven Cuirass? What if the stump caps/shoulder/hip mounts had those sticking out of them, connected by some sort of magical tether (a la the leash in Devious Framework) to similar gem settings at the wrists/ankles?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey AVS, 

I found a glitch with the bikini set and Sexlab Defeat. No matter what options you set with the no strip options for sexlab and defeat, your char always unequips the bikini armor when you have sex. 

This doesn't happen to the original Dwarven Bikini armor and your Gynoid and Edhildi sets. 

Maybe there's a setting you missed or something? I don't know anything about making mods so i just thought i'd let you know. 

Keep up the great work man i'm loving what you're doing with this mod!

On 3/30/2018 at 6:29 AM, Narakesh said:

Hey AVS, 

I found a glitch with the bikini set and Sexlab Defeat. No matter what options you set with the no strip options for sexlab and defeat, your char always unequips the bikini armor when you have sex. 

This doesn't happen to the original Dwarven Bikini armor and your Gynoid and Edhildi sets. 

Maybe there's a setting you missed or something? I don't know anything about making mods so i just thought i'd let you know. 

Keep up the great work man i'm loving what you're doing with this mod!

Hm. Can't say I've ever run into this. I don't use Defeat, so I can't speak for how it does things, but setting the cyborg bodies to 'never remove' in Sexlab's strip item editor has always been pretty consistent about keeping all three types on during scenes for me. 

The fact that it's only happening to the Bikini set could be due to how it's built, though. Unlike the other two, its gloves are built into the body, using the multiple Armor Add-on method. Nise's original version was built the same way, but somewhere along the line the modified versions of the Dwarven gauntlets he was using went weird somehow and started crashing people's games, so they got split off to equipable pieces. I believe it's still set up like that in the current version of TAWOBA. Since I was using the gauntlets from the Sexy Vanilla set instead, which haven't displayed any crashiness, I went back to that original method. I briefly considered doing it for the other two sets as well, as it's a kinda fun trick, but there's logistical issues that would make it a hassle to implement.

The thing about this method, however, is that it makes the gloves a part of the armor. So if anything happens to force some item that uses one of the glove slots onto your character, it'll probably displace the entire armor. I'm going to take a wild guess that Defeat auto-equips shackles of some kind, and those are kicking the Bikini bodies off. I wouldn't think that shackles would use the main glove slot, 33, but IIRC I built a lot of that set to also block off slot 34, the forearms slot, to avoid having stuff clipping through or jamming up the middle of the Blade arms. I'd try triggering Defeat with one of the Gynoid bodies, its hands, and one of its forearm armor pieces equipped, and seeing which of them gets kicked off. You could also test one of the Bikini D1 sets, with their regular human arms which shouldn't have any related slots blocked and see if they stay on. Or if Defeat has any way to disable equipping restraints, try that and see what happens.

If it is a slot 34 conflict, I can fix that fairly easily. Nothing on the bodies actually needs to use it; I just blocked it (and the ring slot on all the bodies lacking right hands) for aesthetic reasons.  I'm not exactly keen about changing it for those same reasons, but I was also a bit annoyed when I had to re-equip the Combo body I was testing every time I visited the Bondage House (which uses a ring for access), so it has been in the back of my mind. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Shiranui_Mahamayah said:

I don't suppose there will ever be a cbbe version.

As I've said before, a CBBE  version is on my list of things that probably ought to be done with this, but it's not very high on that list. It's not something I've done before, and from what I've been able to glean about the process it'll involve re-doing a lot of the work I've already put in. In particular the cyborg bodies rely on an extensive series of zaps for the variable limbs, but loading in a new reference in Outfit Studio seems to remove all zaps from a project. So I have to redo all those, in addition to re-masking the skin (and hoping that the triangles line up with the parts in that process), and then make sure that the individual versions' Bodyslide files get re-pointed to the new zaps. And with literally hundreds of bodies to do already, and more on the way, it becomes a pretty daunting task. Especially for someone who mainly enjoys building the models, and finds all the other chores involved in making it a working mod various levels of tedious.

If someone wants to step up and give me a hand with all that, I'd welcome it and give them all the support I could. But if you're relying on me to do it, you're kinda stuck until I run out of other things to do.

And I've got lots of other things to do.

5 hours ago, DarkRavage said:

Hey, have you considered making pure gore variation? Like amputated arms or legs without any dwarven "stumps". or like torso being cut open... etc

Mayyyyybe.

The bloody stumps, at the least, could be doable. Just have to adapt the existing neck stump mesh. I actually did think about trying just that when I put together the equippable neck stump, but wasn't really comfortable enough with re-weighting them at the time. It's certainly been on that list of mine, though.

Opening the torso is trickier, though. 

Just had an idea. If memory serves, your recommendation from the description of this mod led me to the Clockwork Castle mod, which has since become my favorite house mod. Would it be possible to add Gilded parts from that mod to the Dwemer Cyborg suite? Specifically, the metal-coated bones locked in mechanized armor. It seems so obvious.

On 4/1/2018 at 9:45 PM, AVS said:

Hm. Can't say I've ever run into this. I don't use Defeat, so I can't speak for how it does things, but setting the cyborg bodies to 'never remove' in Sexlab's strip item editor has always been pretty consistent about keeping all three types on during scenes for me. 

The fact that it's only happening to the Bikini set could be due to how it's built, though. Unlike the other two, its gloves are built into the body, using the multiple Armor Add-on method. Nise's original version was built the same way, but somewhere along the line the modified versions of the Dwarven gauntlets he was using went weird somehow and started crashing people's games, so they got split off to equipable pieces. I believe it's still set up like that in the current version of TAWOBA. Since I was using the gauntlets from the Sexy Vanilla set instead, which haven't displayed any crashiness, I went back to that original method. I briefly considered doing it for the other two sets as well, as it's a kinda fun trick, but there's logistical issues that would make it a hassle to implement.

The thing about this method, however, is that it makes the gloves a part of the armor. So if anything happens to force some item that uses one of the glove slots onto your character, it'll probably displace the entire armor. I'm going to take a wild guess that Defeat auto-equips shackles of some kind, and those are kicking the Bikini bodies off. I wouldn't think that shackles would use the main glove slot, 33, but IIRC I built a lot of that set to also block off slot 34, the forearms slot, to avoid having stuff clipping through or jamming up the middle of the Blade arms. I'd try triggering Defeat with one of the Gynoid bodies, its hands, and one of its forearm armor pieces equipped, and seeing which of them gets kicked off. You could also test one of the Bikini D1 sets, with their regular human arms which shouldn't have any related slots blocked and see if they stay on. Or if Defeat has any way to disable equipping restraints, try that and see what happens.

If it is a slot 34 conflict, I can fix that fairly easily. Nothing on the bodies actually needs to use it; I just blocked it (and the ring slot on all the bodies lacking right hands) for aesthetic reasons.  I'm not exactly keen about changing it for those same reasons, but I was also a bit annoyed when I had to re-equip the Combo body I was testing every time I visited the Bondage House (which uses a ring for access), so it has been in the back of my mind. 

Hey AVS, 

I managed to get my skyrim working again after my modlist caused it to go FUBAR. 

I tested out the various bodies and i noticed the following: 

1. The Bikini D1 set was fine. Didn't get unequiped. 
2. The gynoid hands were being unequipped whenever defeat did its thing. 

When i tried it with dwarven augmentation, any sets that used the arms ( all three types) would get unequipped and then instantly re-equipped (as per the mod). 

There's no shackles or any equipping that happens with defeat but it seems to use that slot for some reason. ( i'm not a modder so this is my wild guess based on what you said)

1 hour ago, Narakesh said:

Hey AVS, 

I managed to get my skyrim working again after my modlist caused it to go FUBAR. 

I tested out the various bodies and i noticed the following: 

1. The Bikini D1 set was fine. Didn't get unequiped. 
2. The gynoid hands were being unequipped whenever defeat did its thing. 

When i tried it with dwarven augmentation, any sets that used the arms ( all three types) would get unequipped and then instantly re-equipped (as per the mod). 

There's no shackles or any equipping that happens with defeat but it seems to use that slot for some reason. ( i'm not a modder so this is my wild guess based on what you said)

It's specifically removing the hands, not the forearm armor? 

Yeah, that means it's kicking out slot 33, which is... really weird. I don't know what they're doing that for, but I'm sure they've got some reason. But that does mean that I can't really fix it on my end without completely changing how those sets work. I'm pretty sure the Augumentation versions all use the same 'gloves as part of the armor set' method, which would be why they're getting kicked off too. They've just got the extra scripting to save them. 

Don't know if there's any way to stop it without that scripting, though.

6 hours ago, AVS said:

It's specifically removing the hands, not the forearm armor? 

Yeah, that means it's kicking out slot 33, which is... really weird. I don't know what they're doing that for, but I'm sure they've got some reason. But that does mean that I can't really fix it on my end without completely changing how those sets work. I'm pretty sure the Augumentation versions all use the same 'gloves as part of the armor set' method, which would be why they're getting kicked off too. They've just got the extra scripting to save them. 

Don't know if there's any way to stop it without that scripting, though.

Yeah just the hands but I managed to fix it.

Defeat has a way to block the slots that it strips and I never blocked the hand slot, I just thought it was all the slots that would have caused the issue. So I did that and now there's no problem hahaha.

Thanks for the help man. Can't wait to see the latest update! 

5 hours ago, SaymonKopolsky said:

Gynoid body don't have feet ?

The Gynoid set doesn’t have humanoid feet, no. The original creators gave it an assortment of peg-like feet to totter around on, and I certainly saw no reason to change that.

Due to the way it was originally designed, though, its forearms and shins are the same dimensions as the normal human mesh, so it's compatible with any glove or boot that doesn't go up past the knee or elbow.

Unless you mean that the set's feet aren't showing up for you, in which case make sure that you've run the Bodyslide files for them.

Not sure if its just me but, for the unarmored variants at least, the breasts don't seem to scale in game nor in bodyslide. tried to enable scaling myself with outfit studio but I have no idea what to do. armored variants scale properly.

23 hours ago, Aurekai said:

Not sure if its just me but, for the unarmored variants at least, the breasts don't seem to scale in game nor in bodyslide. tried to enable scaling myself with outfit studio but I have no idea what to do. armored variants scale properly.

Is it the unarmored variants across the board, or just specific sets? What scale-changing mods are you using, and which breast scale sliders in particular is it affecting?

There is (or at least was, I haven't run into it yet on more recent versions) a bug in Outfit Studio where a project can just 'lose' the connection between a slider and the part it's supposed to be affecting, usually the Breast SH or SSH in my experience, but a random skim of my original files showed no problems and I've never had any issues with them in the scale mods I'm using. And it's particularly odd that it's affecting the unarmored versions, since the base shapes for both versions were built as the same file, with the armored version split off after it had its breast bounce deleted. 

That bug seems to pop up at the time the project is saved in OS, so I should be seeing it on my end and it probably should be affecting the armored versions as well since they're generally the last ones saved. Unless it is, and it's just not noticeable due to the armor not being affected; the bug frequently only affects the skin layer, while outfit parts scale normally. But again, this is something that I've only encountered during the building process. It's always possible that there's a variation that creeps in somehow when the mod is installed, though, given how rickety everything in Skyrim is. I'd try re-installing the mod entirely and seeing if it reoccurs. And make sure your copy of Bodyslide is up to date, just to cover that base.

It's actually pretty simple (once you get past the obscure and under-intuitive commands) to add scale back in to a bugged normal outfit in Outfit Studio. Just go to File > Load Reference and choose the UUNP HDT body from the 'From Template' drop-down, then go to Slider > Conform All to get the outfit meshes to scale along with the body. Unfortunately that method does not work in this case, as for some god damn reason loading a new reference into the project erases all the zaps from the project. All of them, including the ones that didn't affect the reference shape. Since these bodies depend entirely on a series of zaps to implement the variable limb effect, trying that fix will completely break them. 

Thanks for the reply, didn't expect one so quick, tbh. I checked through using bodyslides outfit studio, it seems ALL the outfits for me don't scale for any of the breast sliders with the exception of the full bodied gynoid bodies. for the armored variants of things, the armor scales with the sliders but the breasts don't underneath. I'll check to see if I can fix it on my end. thank you for the instructions.

Edit: Everything works in outfit studio now. NMM doesn't like to tell me when bodyslide/outfitstudio updates so it told me 4.4 was the latest. I am so sorry about this.

Edit2:Technically part of edit one but I tested in game before posting. everything works. Again, I am so sorry about that. This isn't the first time NMM hasn't told me about a bodyslide update. I truely didn't mean to waste your time. Please keep up the great work.